PDA

View Full Version : Living at Lake Havasu

Metraman
07-07-2006, 11:55 AM
Does anyone know what area's to look for property on the lake? Looks like a great place to boat and vacation I've been searching the web but it's hard to know what's good?
Thanks

Todd969
07-07-2006, 11:58 AM
on the lake? No water front property other than the hotels, Islander and Beachcomber RV parks. Plenty of nice places within a couple miles of a launch ramp.

Metraman
07-07-2006, 12:03 PM
Are they cities or towns got any names?
Thanks

Not So Fast
07-07-2006, 12:05 PM
Bullhead is nice :D NSF

2Driver
07-07-2006, 12:12 PM
If you want to be close or at least a close view then the new area called the Refuge has nice close views. It's in Havasu but getting there is a trip through the crappiest area of town.
If you want good waterfront or access (ie ramp, docks etc) then you should look in Parker (south about 25 miles on the river) There you can have a water front home (1 mill+) docks and still launch on Lake Havasu as well as run the river. I would highly suggest buying where the land is deeded vs leased from Indians or the BLM. We have owned in both places and both have benefits unless you have kids and plan on putting them in school there.
PM me if you want

Racer277
07-07-2006, 12:44 PM
Bullhead is nice :D NSF
I agree with NSF.
Bullhead is the place to be.
The launch ramp is Huge, and there's never a line.
The water is always glass.
And there's none of that 'Havasu' element....

That Guy
07-07-2006, 12:51 PM
Sent you a pm...

yer daddy
07-07-2006, 01:59 PM
:mad: HAVASU IS FULL , STAY HOME !!!!!!!!! :mad:
Let me guess you were the last one they let in. :rolleyes:

Not So Fast
07-07-2006, 02:15 PM
I agree with NSF.
Bullhead is the place to be.
The launch ramp is Huge, and there's never a line.
The water is always glass.
And there's none of that 'Havasu' element....
There you go, perfect :D NSF

ElimJimsOtherHalf
07-07-2006, 09:42 PM
South/Central is cheaper but older and closer to weekend crowds...North LHC is close to Windsor Launch ramp ($100 annual permit to launch all you want)....did this research earlier this year.
Try www.tourhavasuhomes.com (search MLS) and they let you view by area.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-07-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you owned the lake. :rolleyes:

little rowe boat
07-08-2006, 05:50 AM
Contact Warlock 25. John and Michele are the best when it comes to finding property or a house.
Sorry I don't have their number with me here at work.

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-08-2006, 07:04 AM
There is also waterfront property up near Needles area on both the CA and AZ side. If you stay far enough at the south end, you can cruise the river down to Lake Havasu from there. But Needles is a lot smaller of a city that LHC, but it also has less politics. Good luck with your search.

yer daddy
07-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Sportin woody, if I did own the lake :) it would have boater friendly launch ramps, a few more due to the overcrowding we now have, no noise laws :) no stupid refuge noise laws, and besides i'll bet i've been going to havasu a hell of a lot longer than you!! :) I started in about 1971..................
There you have it sportin' wood your out, due to lack of experience :cry:

No Name
07-08-2006, 11:02 AM
Ok, I will. At least until the end of this month. :rollside:

LewSelzHmz
07-08-2006, 03:15 PM
South/Central is cheaper but older and closer to weekend crowds...North LHC is close to Windsor Launch ramp ($100 annual permit to launch all you want)....did this research earlier this year.
Try www.tourhavasuhomes.com (search MLS) and they let you view by area.
Hey man.... appreciate you pluging my website www.TourHavasuHomes.com!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
07-08-2006, 05:48 PM
Sportin woody, if I did own the lake :) it would have boater friendly launch ramps, a few more due to the overcrowding we now have, no noise laws :) no stupid refuge noise laws, and besides i'll bet i've been going to havasu a hell of a lot longer than you!! :) I started in about 1971..................
Personally, I don't care for Havazoo, but I've been going to Mo-choppy since 1973, I think that was also my first visit to Havazoo. So you have me by 2 years, BFD. Do you live there? If not, you have no right to tell other folks not to go. While I understand your frustration, your comment was rude and uncalled for.
Oh, and I'm not Sportin' Wood, that is some other a$$holes name :D

Ion
07-08-2006, 06:48 PM
If you want good waterfront or access (ie ramp, docks etc) then you should look in Parker (south about 25 miles on the river) There you can have a water front home (1 mill+) docks and still launch on Lake Havasu as well as run the river. I would highly suggest buying where the land is deeded vs leased from Indians or the BLM.
If you consider buying in Parker, be 100% sure you own the land the house sits on. Most property there is tribal owned and only leased to home-buyers. NOT a good investment IMO!

Ion
07-08-2006, 09:24 PM
...just seen the demise of the city in the last 10 years, thats reality !!
...reality as you see it anyway. Reality is, property values have skyrocketed, and for those of us who invested here in this century, demise is the last word that would come to mind. Growth, or evolution of a city is what comes to my mind. The only thing I can apply the word to is the fact that us locals, on any given weekend during the boating season, can no longer launch anytime we want, but that's a price I'm willing to pay.

totenhosen
07-09-2006, 07:25 AM
Sportin, my parents have had thier permanent home there for the last 13 years, my sister and hubby have had thier home there for the last 5 years, so thats close enough to living there, however I have lived in Az for about 10+ years, and I stayed in a Holiday inn express for all this info, no rudeness, just seen the demise of the city in the last 10 years, thats reality !!
With rude people like you there no wonder the city is in demise. Perhaps you can change all that but never going to havasu again. Start a new trend!

Havasu1986
07-09-2006, 11:06 AM
If the city is in such a demise, why is Lowes building down the street from Home Depot. I have owned a house there for 20 years have seen plenty of changes both good and bad. .02

LewSelzHmz
07-09-2006, 11:15 AM
Does anyone know what area's to look for property on the lake? Looks like a great place to boat and vacation I've been searching the web but it's hard to know what's good?
Thanks
I can help you find exactaly what you are looking for. Just say the word!
http://www.TourHavasuHomes.com
Lew@brooks-clark.com

Mr.Havasu
07-09-2006, 11:38 AM
Contact Warlock 25. John and Michele are the best when it comes to finding property or a house.
Sorry I don't have their number with me here at work.
Thanks Jeff;
I appreciate your kind words.
Metraman, I'd love to help you find a place in Havasu. I look forward to hearing from you.
Michele

GHT
07-09-2006, 11:49 AM
Sent you a pm...
You didn't send us Sh1t...... :)
What up???

Mrs.RoxySnow
07-09-2006, 11:55 AM
You didn't send us Sh1t...... :)
What up???
That's because you didn't get your permission slip signed! K

GHT
07-09-2006, 12:11 PM
That's because you didn't get your permission slip signed! K
For some reason I'm the only one in this fam that need a permission slip... WTF????