PDA

View Full Version : American Offshore OOB

IronCruiser
12-04-2002, 12:01 PM
I just posted this on the ***boats forum and copied it over here.Another boat maker closing its doors.
American Offshore, as their website states, is currently under new management and is restructuring.
It is not certain if they will be able to continue production.
Their model line included 26, 31, and 37 foot cats.

rustyk
12-04-2002, 09:04 PM
Not usre thats my neighbors.I will find out soon though. I can't believe Scott would sell out or close. He loved his boats i thought.
rk

rustyk
12-04-2002, 09:05 PM
Not sure thats my neighbors.I will find out soon though. I can't believe Scott would sell out or close. He loved his boats i thought.
rk

Charley
12-04-2002, 09:43 PM
uhhh ... I dont think Scott's around

Craig
12-05-2002, 03:52 AM
Yeah that's an interesting story on Offshore Only. I thought the guy was a great boat builder.

FASTERDAMITT
12-05-2002, 08:00 AM
From what it sounds like, someone will pickup and keep things going. I would'nt mind having a A/O store here in calif. if they got back on track. I was in the industry back in the 80's and always thought about re-entering since the high performance seen has taken off so big. Many things scare me off such as EPA emmissions regulations, enviormentalist ect.. Are we going to have red & green stickers like dirt bikes and only aloud to use them in certain months?
I know Art is selling boats here somewhere but does he have a retail store?

boatnam2
12-05-2002, 08:12 AM
oh yea hopefully art will start selling used boats as new again.biggest ****head i have ever met.

Charley
12-05-2002, 09:13 AM
boatnam2:
oh yea hopefully art will start selling used boats as new again.biggest ****head i have ever met.Juice?> idea2

FASTERDAMITT
12-05-2002, 09:28 AM
Oh! I had no idea of the crap that was going on here. When I bought mine in 99 the transaction of demo and purchase was great. I guess I must be one of the fortunate ones. I do feel bad for the people who don't have thier boat. You can't trust anybody anymore!

dorC
12-05-2002, 10:31 AM
AO is still around, they just got rid of some...uh...dead wood.

Craig
12-05-2002, 10:41 AM
Hey fasterdammit, you still cruising around in that Mustang :D
Craig

Havasu Hangin'
12-05-2002, 11:26 AM
FASTERDAMITT:
I would'nt mind having a A/O store here in calif. if they got back on track.Awhile ago I met Scott at the Tige dealership off the 91 frwy in Corona...he was setting them up as an AO dealer...

FASTERDAMITT
12-05-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey Craig wats up! I didn't think you remembered me. Ya the stang is doin great. I'm starting to get board with the current setup and plan on changin the cam and gears again. It currently runs fast, but my buddie Greg finished his Dart and oh shit does it run. I can't just let him run better than me now can I.
Tom

Charley
12-05-2002, 01:54 PM
FASTERDAMITT:
my buddie Greg finished his Dart and oh shit does it run. I can't just let him run better than me now can I.
TomIt's a MOPAR get used to it hehehe wink :D wink
Jus teasin

boatnam2
12-05-2002, 02:24 PM
here is my story real quick version. bought ao from art who picked it up in texas from the guy who owned ao and that use to own commander ed farell.new boat used motor out of a old commander.when i took it to blosdale to build my first blower motor he told me of all kinds of ao storys.ran th enumbers and found all this out.

FASTERDAMITT
12-05-2002, 02:49 PM
I bet Jeff has alot of A/O stories! After ridin in his boat I had to have one. He used to swear by A/O but now he has a Talon. He probably talks highly of it now. Nice boat also.