PDA

View Full Version : Travel Trailers...Any recommendations?

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:02 PM
We are going to go check them out tomorrow. I have done a lot of looking online and now want to go walk through some. We are looking for something in the 26-30 foot range with a super slideout. The question I have is why does Fleetwood make some many different models that look pretty much the same? Terry and variations of, Wilderness, Prowler, Pioneer etc... They have pretty much the same layout but some are stripped and others are loaded. Why not have one model with options?
So, anyone have any recommendations? We are probably going to go check out Giant RV and Mike Thompson's RV tomorrow.

Jyruiz
07-07-2006, 09:03 PM
No idea but sounds like fun, good luck and have a good time.

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:09 PM
No idea but sounds like fun, good luck and have a good time.
Thanks for the advice. :)

Jyruiz
07-07-2006, 09:11 PM
Thanks for the advice. :)
Glad I could help. :)

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:12 PM
A travel trailer is a great idea. Maybe if you can get out on the open road once in a while, you won't be all up in our face with your anger all the time.
:D

hoolign
07-07-2006, 09:13 PM
The terry quantum ax6 36.5 ' is a nice trailer, Challenger is also a great brand. Still have a 33 MLB Challenger I use for work. double living room slide ans single BR slide. Only ones I have owned. There are lots of good models though!

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I recommend Vangaurd.

hoolign
07-07-2006, 09:16 PM
I recommend Vangaurd.
:rolleyes:

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:17 PM
The terry quantum ax6 36.5 ' is a nice trailer, Challenger is also a great brand. Still have a 33 MLB Challenger I use for work. double living room slide ans single BR slide. Only ones I have owned. There are lots of good models though!
The Quantum is one we want to check out. I also want to know what the difference is between it and the Wilderness Advantage. They have nearly the exact same features and price...both made by Fleetwood.

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:18 PM
A travel trailer is a great idea. Maybe if you can get out on the open road once in a while, you won't be all up in our face with your anger all the time.
:D
Do you have RV hookups at your place for when we come up? :D

hoolign
07-07-2006, 09:21 PM
The Quantum is one we want to check out. I also want to know what the difference is between it and the Wilderness Advantage. They have nearly the exact same features and price...both made by Fleetwood.
Both aluminum framed? check the weight differences on them. tank capacities. included options IE ..central vac. The AX6 had a fireplace which was great up here.

Todd969
07-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Hey Matt, having done this last year I may be of some help. Fleetwood has many brands just like GM. your wilderness and pioneer are the lower. We looked all over at Mike Thompson, Giant, Travel Land etc. We bought a 38' Challenger 5th wheel by Keystone and loved it.
One thing you want to look at is the insulation type, try to get a fiberglass side and R17 or higher if you are using in the heat. Also get atleast 13.5K btu A\C unit(s). Your in for a hell of an adventure :)

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:22 PM
Do you have RV hookups at your place for when we come up? :D
Actually there are some really terrific places up here. I love the Rocky mountains in the Ainsworth/Nelson area and you can't beat the Lake Okanagan area. The Lake Okanagan area is where much of our Glaucoma medication comes from.
If you find yourself in an RV pointed north, let me know and I'll see if I can find the outside door on this house to meet you somewhere.
Actually, my place is pretty nice too and, of course, you're always welcome but don't tell Hanson and Hooli that or I'll never get rid of those freeloaders.

hoolign
07-07-2006, 09:26 PM
Actually there are some really terrific places up here. I love the Rocky mountains in the Ainsworth/Nelson area and you can't beat the Lake Okanagan area. The Lake Okanagan area is where much of our Glaucoma medication comes from.
If you find yourself in an RV pointed north, let me know and I'll see if I can find the outside door on this house to meet you somewhere.
Actually, my place is pretty nice too and, of course, you're always welcome but don't tell Hanson and Hooli that or I'll never get rid of those freeloaders.
well I just figured out what "not" to do with the extra ticket to the concert in Preeceville :yuk:

Tom Brown
07-07-2006, 09:29 PM
well I just figured out what "not" to do with the extra ticket to the concert in Preeceville :yuk:
Oh yeah... who was playing again? Wasn't it Randy Bachman's sister and Gordon Lightfoot's original zillophone player?

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey Matt, having done this last year I may be of some help. Fleetwood has many brands just like GM. your wilderness and pioneer are the lower. We looked all over at Mike Thompson, Giant, Travel Land etc. We bought a 38' Challenger 5th wheel by Keystone and loved it.
One thing you want to look at is the insulation type, try to get a fiberglass side and R17 or higher if you are using in the heat. Also get atleast 13.5K btu A\C unit(s). Your in for a hell of an adventure :)
We're going to look at the Keystone VR1 also. It looked nice.

CornWater
07-07-2006, 09:43 PM
Maybe you should sell one of the toys before you go buying more....
:D :D :D

HP350SC
07-07-2006, 09:47 PM
Komfort's are very nice, but heavy. I wasn't too impressed with the Fleetwood stuff. We went with a 26' RKS Outback (one of Keystone's line)and it is all aluminum, light weight (5175 lbs), and has nice decor w/white cabinets, gray countertops, nickel plated hardware and dark hardwood flooring. Looks like this...http://www.rvsearch.com/findrv/index.cfm?a=d&vid=202530&affiliateid=1645&tc=36325

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:51 PM
Maybe you should sell one of the toys before you go buying more....
:D :D :D
At least I have someone looking at it this weekend. :D

Phat Matt
07-07-2006, 09:53 PM
Komfort's are very nice, but heavy. I wasn't too impressed with the Fleetwood stuff. We went with a 26' RKS Outback (one of Keystone's line)and it is all aluminum, light weight (5175 lbs), and has nice decor w/white cabinets, gray countertops, nickel plated hardware and dark hardwood flooring. Looks like this...http://www.rvsearch.com/findrv/index.cfm?a=d&vid=202530&affiliateid=1645&tc=36325
They carry the full Keystone line so we will check them out. We want a bigger slide out though than the Outbacks. The new ones have the slide out in the rear and we are looking for one on the side in the living area to open it up.

CornWater
07-07-2006, 09:54 PM
At least I have someone looking at it this weekend. :D
Nice... hopefully it sells. I think I had mine for sale quite a bit longer than you. BTW I bought a 30' Attitude toy box last year and it has been a bitchen trailer for the buck. Don't think you're in the market for a toybox, but just thought I'd let you know. You should have no problem towing it with your Excursion. I don't, and mine is a V10.

TOBTEK
07-07-2006, 10:17 PM
matt..... we had a 34.5 Challenger triple slide 5th wheel from Richardson RV. I did ALOT of running around and research when we bought ours back in 03. It was the most trailer at a resonable price. Look in the trader as well, lots of deals on ALMOST new trailers. And a caution..... they are a bitch to sell, and fall in value like a rock. Took forever to sell ours, and its was really nice.

Phat Matt
07-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Nice... hopefully it sells. I think I had mine for sale quite a bit longer than you. BTW I bought a 30' Attitude toy box last year and it has been a bitchen trailer for the buck. Don't think you're in the market for a toybox, but just thought I'd let you know. You should have no problem towing it with your Excursion. I don't, and mine is a V10.
I thought about a toybox for future use but Jen said..."We aren't going to Glamis"...:D
I said, wouldn't it be nice to have a golf cart or rhino for when we are camping to get around and pick up stuff? Most of the toybox's don't seem to have the big slide outs though.
We'll see.

Phat Matt
07-08-2006, 08:16 AM
matt..... we had a 34.5 Challenger triple slide 5th wheel from Richardson RV. I did ALOT of running around and research when we bought ours back in 03. It was the most trailer at a resonable price. Look in the trader as well, lots of deals on ALMOST new trailers. And a caution..... they are a bitch to sell, and fall in value like a rock. Took forever to sell ours, and its was really nice.
Hopefully we won't have to sell it anytime soon. :)

LaveyJet
07-08-2006, 08:44 AM
We were doing the same thing last January and decided on a Rockwood (http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/floorplanview.asp?name=7&cat=8%20Foot%20Wide%20Travel%20Trailers&page=rk&loc=rockwood8tt2005&direc=ultralight/rockwood/floorplans)
The selling point for the wife was a full size bathroom. We got it down the road at Banning RV, check it out.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-08-2006, 08:53 AM
They may look all the same to you Ph Matt, but they all look entirely different to a chic.
We let the daughter/wife pick our latest Fleetwood, the 31G wilderness.
I'm glad I did.
Chics see stuff guys are blind to when it comes to the nest. Then later on you're glad ya got the stuff the girls saw and you missed,, storage,, convience, kitchen stuf on and on.
Get a slide out,, get the bigger A/C (don't let them talk you outta it), don't be bashfull about ordering a trailer in the colors and style ya want.
Get all the options you can afford:
The kitchen counter fold down extension,, the slider door between the bath and main area if applicable,,, outside shelf and 12v/sound system jacks,, spare tire,,, ect ect
Also, the mark up is 100% so what ever the sticker price is,, the dealer paid half that for the unit, so price is very negotiable, even if the unit is on sale, the price can be pushed down furthur.

JB in so cal
07-08-2006, 08:56 AM
Look at Colorado by THOR. Just not at Mcmahons.

Phat Matt
07-08-2006, 08:58 AM
We were doing the same thing last January and decided on a Rockwood (http://www.forestriverinc.com/nd/floorplanview.asp?name=7&cat=8%20Foot%20Wide%20Travel%20Trailers&page=rk&loc=rockwood8tt2005&direc=ultralight/rockwood/floorplans)
The selling point for the wife was a full size bathroom. We got it down the road at Banning RV, check it out.
That's a nice layout. They are just down the street too. So many choices.

Phat Matt
07-08-2006, 09:00 AM
They may look all the same to you Ph Matt, but they all look entirely different to a chic.
We let the daughter/wife pick our latest Fleetwood, the 31G wilderness.
I'm glad I did.
Chics see stuff guys are blind to when it comes to the nest. Then later on you're glad ya got the stuff the girls saw and you missed,, storage,, convience, kitchen stuf on and on.
Get a slide out,, get the bigger A/C (don't let them talk you outta it), don't be bashfull about ordering a trailer in the colors and style ya want.
Get all the options you can afford:
The kitchen counter fold down extension,, the slider door between the bath and main area if applicable,,, outside shelf and 12v/sound system jacks,, spare tire,,, ect ect
Also, the mark up is 100% so what ever the sticker price is,, the dealer paid half that for the unit, so price is very negotiable, even if the unit is on sale, the price can be pushed down furthur.
Good info. Thanks. :)

MBlaster
07-08-2006, 09:08 AM
Why not look for a nice motorhome, then you can take your chit with you.
Or maybe a toyhauler. I'd for sure look for a used high end coach what ever you decide. Depreciation is a bitch in RV's.

Cole
07-08-2006, 09:14 AM
I used to be a sales mgr at Country time RV in Riverside. If you need help on buying a Forest river product let me know!!
I'll work from invoice with you.
Just give me a PM

OCMerrill
07-08-2006, 09:40 AM
Follow this link and read away.
Largest RV Forum around. We have a class C motorhome and use it often.
http://www.woodalls.com/cforum/index.cfm/fuseaction/listings/forum/26.cfm
Here is the main fourm index...
http://www.woodalls.com/cforum/index.cfm

OCMerrill
07-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Why not look for a nice motorhome, then you can take your chit with you.
For Phat Matt to tow his boat he is looking at one expensive Diesel pusher, toterhome, or other.
A regular gas powered MH, of any class, tow ratings are limited to about 5k in weight.
I also might add (and we do this all the time) is the amount of work cleaning all this stuff up if you use it all the time. Labor of love for us. After a few years we have watched our freinds bag on the combo and I purely understand why.

Magic34
07-08-2006, 10:08 AM
Buy a Weekend Warrior, and they sell within days in the trader. I sold mine within 24 hours of putting it in the trader. I know River918 sold his within a day or 2.
Another buddy just sold his 32' WW and it was gone within 24 hours of going in the trader as well. For whatever reason, people want these things and the toyhaulers sell much faster.

CBadDad
07-10-2006, 09:25 AM
Well Phat Matt, what did you do??? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

caroftheweek
07-10-2006, 09:39 AM
Buy a Weekend Warrior, and they sell within days in the trader. I sold mine within 24 hours of putting it in the trader. I know River918 sold his within a day or 2.
Another buddy just sold his 32' WW and it was gone within 24 hours of going in the trader as well. For whatever reason, people want these things and the toyhaulers sell much faster.
i second that. Weekend Warriors have almost a cult following. for the last couple years people have purchased new and sold a year later for more than paid. the toyhauler will hold up in value better then a travel trailer.
buy a used travel trailer if you go that way. most people buy them, use them a couple times and then they just sit. Good deals to be had for sure.
Ryan

rivercrazy
07-11-2006, 07:53 AM
I third that.
Most travel trailers depreciate in value very quickly and are hard to move. Toyboxes sell much easier and depreciate less. I bought an 06 Weekend Warrior FS2300 then used it for 9 months. Turnaround and sold it for only about a grand less than I paid for it. And it sold in just a few weeks.
Toyhaulers are also better in that they are more self contained and more flexable.

OutCole'd
07-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Matt, where are you going to put this trailer??

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-11-2006, 08:04 AM
Hey Matt, Fleetwood has so many similar models so they can screw there dealers with compitition in their own teritories. It's wierd but true. You wont find a dealer that caries both models of either brand.
OK Dude, Trust me on this go on traderonline and find one that is a year or two old. These things are huge pieces of shiat. Let someone else take the hit. They are worse than a car.
If you were to buy new the new National product looks good and pretty light.
Make sure it is a two bedroom because all the resale dorks have kids and you will never get rid of it if it's not. Try to stay away from the cheezier no name brands. People trust the good old names more.
And yes I have had tons of all different kinds of RV's and totaly know. You should be able to find something under 25 grand that will do just fine. BTW Toy haulers are not as comfy but resale is way better becuase they have so many users, dirt,sand,harleys, etc....

Phat Matt
07-11-2006, 08:06 AM
Well Phat Matt, what did you do??? Inquiring minds want to know. :)
We looked at a bunch but we think we have it narrowed down to 2 or 3.
One is the Outback Sydney 30rls
http://keystone-outback.com/
http://keystone-outback.com/floorplans/2007/30RLS300.gif
And the other is the new VR1's, also made by Keystone. They have two models I like, but one was not on the lot to walk through so I have to ask about that one. It has the kitchen in the front.
http://keystone-v.com/
297FLS
http://keystone-v.com/floorplans/2007/297FLS300.gif
305FKS
http://keystone-v.com/floorplans/2007/305FKS300.gif
I think we will probably make a decision on Thursday.

Phat Matt
07-11-2006, 08:08 AM
Matt, where are you going to put this trailer??
At the Islander next to you. :)

OutCole'd
07-11-2006, 08:09 AM
At the Islander next to you. :)
Please, they would never let you there. Jen, yes, but you, never...... :)

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-11-2006, 08:13 AM
Shiat I would sneek her in and neither one of you would ever see her again!!!

Phat Matt
07-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Please, they would never let you there. Jen, yes, but you, never...... :)
I am just kidding. We would keep it here at home and use it for camping in the winter or whenever we want I guess. We are going on our annual trip to Twin Lakes outside of Bridgeport the first week of August so Jen wanted one for that.
Although it would be good to have in Havi for a big weekend so I can launch no problem. :)

catman-do
07-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Hey Matt - Never had a travel trailer so dont know much about their brands. However, Ive had a few toy haulers and maybe can throw some general stuff your way.
5th wheel - They tow much much nicer than a tongue pull (and for the same size will have a shorter pivot point on the axle)
hydrolic slides - if they get stuck, just bleed and fix manually. Rack and pinion slides get chewed up too easily (especially if you ever go anywhere with blowing dirt or sand IE: glamis, pismo, sometimes the lake)
Fiberglass sides - they hold up much nicer than aluminum and keep the temp better
a/c - depending on size, either go with one 15k unit or two 13.5 units
DONT GO TO MIKE THOMPSONS - Ive been there twice and those guys are jackasses. Giant- the people are cool, but then they call you all the time and send post cards... ist like dating some psycho chick.
I have seen those Keystones and they do look very nice!

OutCole'd
07-11-2006, 08:18 AM
Shiat I would sneek her in and neither one of you would ever see her again!!!
Boggart....

boatnam2
07-11-2006, 08:19 AM
it all comes down to price,we looked for awhile and bought a 39ft aljo superslide for 18k otd.just tryed to get the most trailer for the lowest price.we will be leaveing it at the river all year so i just couldnt see paying 50 to 70k to have something fancy for the sun to destroy.18k if it last 15 years i would havent a problem throwing a match on it.

Phat Matt
07-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey Matt - Never had a travel trailer so dont know much about their brands. However, Ive had a few toy haulers and maybe can throw some general stuff your way.
5th wheel - They tow much much nicer than a tongue pull (and for the same size will have a shorter pivot point on the axle)
hydrolic slides - if they get stuck, just bleed and fix manually. Rack and pinion slides get chewed up too easily (especially if you ever go anywhere with blowing dirt or sand IE: glamis, pismo, sometimes the lake)
Fiberglass sides - they hold up much nicer than aluminum and keep the temp better
a/c - depending on size, either go with one 15k unit or two 13.5 units
DONT GO TO MIKE THOMPSONS - Ive been there twice and those guys are jackasses. Giant- the people are cool, but then they call you all the time and send post cards... ist like dating some psycho chick.
I have seen those Keystones and they do look very nice!
No 5th wheel. No toy hauler.
Giant RV is a nice place and we did go by there. A friend introduced me to the GM and will hook me up with a deal. However they don't carry the ones we are interested in. Mike Thompson's is the only place that carries the VR1's. They also carry the Outback. They also seem very willing to deal. We'll see. My cousin bought his there last year and has been real happy with their service.

catman-do
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Dont get me wrong, Giant is a very nice place. The owner used to be my parents neighbor, I just dont like when someone calls all the time after Ive visited somewhere. We bought our Fleetwood expedition there, service took a little while to get in but the good thing was that there are so many of their dealerships that I would just call all of them and see who could get it in there the quickest and then drive down. Mike thompsons I went to when looking at the GearBox and they took me for a 4 hour run-around session. We ended up going to the place off the 15 freeway and Jurupa and got it for 4k less than what Mike Thompsons lowest offer was and were out of there within the hour. Plus we got an Ice Maker and built-in compressor (which the other gearbox didnt have).

Dave C
07-11-2006, 10:02 AM
We just got a Challenger fifth wheel too. Challenger (http://www.keystonerv.com/divisions/challenger/floorplans/2007/34RBH.gif)
Very reasonable price considering the size and everything we got (3 slides, king bed, bunkhouse, big arse shower, etc. etc.) we bought it for the rear bedroom/bunkbeds for the kiddies.
Is fifth wheel out the question because of your tow vehicle? or just not your style?
I got a removable hitch. Pull four pins and the entire hitch comes out of the truck bed.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Posting this for a co-worker that is selling a travel trailer.
http://www.recycler.com/recreation/detail.classified?id=RCY-196-10410401&search_zip=

Phat Matt
07-11-2006, 12:19 PM
We just got a Challenger fifth wheel too. Challenger (http://www.keystonerv.com/divisions/challenger/floorplans/2007/34RBH.gif)
Very reasonable price considering the size and everything we got (3 slides, king bed, bunkhouse, big arse shower, etc. etc.) we bought it for the rear bedroom/bunkbeds for the kiddies.
Is fifth wheel out the question because of your tow vehicle? or just not your style?
I got a removable hitch. Pull four pins and the entire hitch comes out of the truck bed.
5th wheel is out because of my tow vehicle. I have a Excursion. Otherwise I would definitely check them out.

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-11-2006, 01:37 PM
Hey Matt, im kinda in this business. I have about 10 different trailers and moho's. I have delt with mike thompsons and giant. Had better expierences with giant, but bought more units from mike thompsons because of there brands. All i have to say is .......DONT DO IT. Just go where you want and get a hotel room. These are huge pieces of shit! Chances are you wont use it much after the fist year, and if you do use it. Learn how to work on them. Im not talking out of my ass on this one, trust me. If your gonna jump anyways, go used. Some nice features i like are push button dump valves w/sani flush. Also get the one touch sattelite, you dont need full tracking. Auto awning with wind sensor is a nice touch. Go a little large on the gennie, no less than the 5500 marquis by onan. This is a custom install at the dealership, so ask them for a large gas tank. Slide motors, ac units, will be your most common repairs. An occasional tank problem, is common if you tow it a lot. If you use it the stairs have been known to need to be replaced. I have 3 terry quantum ax6 36.5flrs that are cracking and falling apart after 2 years ( we use the shiat out of them). Just picked up 2 new triumphs at M.T., really nice units however they have both been in the shop already for one for a/c and both for slide out problems. Oh yeah did i mention the shorts and bad boards..... JUST RENT A NICE ROOM BALLER

Phat Matt
07-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey Matt, im kinda in this business. I have about 10 different trailers and moho's. I have delt with mike thompsons and giant. Had better expierences with giant, but bought more units from mike thompsons because of there brands. All i have to say is .......DONT DO IT. Just go where you want and get a hotel room. These are huge pieces of shit! Chances are you wont use it much after the fist year, and if you do use it. Learn how to work on them. Im not talking out of my ass on this one, trust me. If your gonna jump anyways, go used. Some nice features i like are push button dump valves w/sani flush. Also get the one touch sattelite, you dont need full tracking. Auto awning with wind sensor is a nice touch. Go a little large on the gennie, no less than the 5500 marquis by onan. This is a custom install at the dealership, so ask them for a large gas tank. Slide motors, ac units, will be your most common repairs. An occasional tank problem, is common if you tow it a lot. If you use it the stairs have been known to need to be replaced. I have 3 terry quantum ax6 36.5flrs that are cracking and falling apart after 2 years ( we use the shiat out of them). Just picked up 2 new triumphs at M.T., really nice units however they have both been in the shop already for one for a/c and both for slide out problems. Oh yeah did i mention the shorts and bad boards..... JUST RENT A NICE ROOM BALLER
Well, Jen really wants to get one. Where we go camping they don't always have hotels. I think that is why they call it camping. :) My cousins and family mostly have trailers now and we still tent camp or sleep in the back of the Excursion. Jen is working this one into her budget so if she wants to get one and pay for it, who am I to stop her? :D I haven't found any of the ones we like used so this week I will see what kind of price they can give me. They seem willing to deal so if the price is right, and we are happy, we'll do it.
Maybe you could just let us borrow your boat to sleep in, it works for you. :sleeping: :D

MONEYFURNOTHIN
07-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Well, Jen really wants to get one. Where we go camping they don't always have hotels. I think that is why they call it camping. :) My cousins and family mostly have trailers now and we still tent camp or sleep in the back of the Excursion. Jen is working this one into her budget so if she wants to get one and pay for it, who am I to stop her? :D I haven't found any of the ones we like used so this week I will see what kind of price they can give me. They seem willing to deal so if the price is right, and we are happy, we'll do it.
Maybe you could just let us borrow your boat to sleep in, it works for you. :sleeping: :D
Who knew a 6'3 260 pound man could sleep on the back seat of a potato chip boat? Good luck with the purchase. THE TANK

HP350SC
07-11-2006, 05:34 PM
They carry the full Keystone line so we will check them out. We want a bigger slide out though than the Outbacks. The new ones have the slide out in the rear and we are looking for one on the side in the living area to open it up.
Yeah the slide in our 26 is small. I tow with an f-150 lightning and weight was an issue or so I thought. Truck pulls and stops just fine, and very planted. Could have done at least another 1000lbs of bigger trailer but oh well. Love the remote a/c and electric water heater. I put a sub amp, upgraded all speakers and added flat screen sony already :) Outbacks are a perfect blend of not too cheap and not too heavy. Sealed underbody, etc. too.

intense
07-11-2006, 06:20 PM
What size is that and what does it weigh?

77charger
07-11-2006, 07:05 PM
If you plan on using it in high temps be sure to get 2 a/c's.

Magic34
07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
305FKS
http://keystone-v.com/floorplans/2007/305FKS300.gif
I think we will probably make a decision on Thursday.
This seems like the best floorplan. Let the kitchen eat up the front v section. Make sure you have 2 A/C systems for sure as well.

Phat Matt
07-11-2006, 08:06 PM
This seems like the best floorplan. Let the kitchen eat up the front v section. Make sure you have 2 A/C systems for sure as well.
I like this one as well. I don't think they have it on the lot yet. It's a 2007 model. I am going to ask tomorrow when they will get it in though because it is available at other dealerships across the US.

DRMCAT
07-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Matt,
Just make sure you get another huge stereo, so you can host "Dance fever" both on and off the channel.............. A Litttle History Repeating..........
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31442006-4-28_29_247.JPG

Phat Matt
07-16-2006, 09:17 PM
Matt,
Just make sure you get another huge stereo, so you can host "Dance fever" both on and off the channel.............. A Litttle History Repeating..........
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/31442006-4-28_29_247.JPG
I already started to layout what I want to do with the stereo. :D It won't be like the E-ticket, but it should sound pretty good. :D
Hmmmmm Imagine the private dance parties we could have. :idea: :D

Phat Matt
07-16-2006, 09:26 PM
We are going with the Keystone VR1 305FKS. It just came off the line and should be on the lot Monday or Tuesday. It's fully loaded also. Here are some pics of what it looks like. We are really looking forward to using it.
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_1.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_2.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_3.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_4.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_5.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_6.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_7.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_8.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_9.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_12.gif

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-17-2006, 06:10 AM
We are going with the Keystone VR1 305FKS. It just came off the line and should be on the lot Monday or Tuesday. It's fully loaded also. Here are some pics of what it looks like. We are really looking forward to using it.
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_1.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_2.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_3.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_4.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_5.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_6.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_7.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_8.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_9.JPG
http://www.leisuretimervok.com/database/images/299153_12.gif
Your nuts!! What is the price range?

rodnjen
07-17-2006, 06:45 AM
Great looking trailer, the changes over the years are just amazing. Enjoy!

catman-do
07-17-2006, 07:52 AM
Great looking trailer Matt. The only thing I would recomend changing once you get it is teh mini-blinds. Rip those out and get the fabric pull downs that have teh day/night options. Conventional miniblinds get trashed very easy in trailers from moving and kids etc... The ones behind the rocking chair will deffinately get thrashed. On mine i had 2 rocking chairs and two picture windows, both with jacked up miniblinds from them. Especially after a few drinks.

Phat Matt
07-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Your nuts!! What is the price range?
Sticker was 31k. We paid much much less. :)

Dave C
07-17-2006, 08:11 AM
37 ft, about 11,000 lbs
What size is that and what does it weigh?

Havasu Luvr
07-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Beautiful Matt, you and Jen will enjoy it very much.... Make sure you get 15K AC in front and rear....ducked AC sucks as it heats up running through the roof before it gets tot he vents in the summer time in LHC.... I know you are going to use it up north. That is were you will enjoy it the most.... Mrs. HL and I were just talking about this spring running our 5th wheel up to Grant Lake (northern part of June Lake Loop) (taking a break from LHC). I heard there is a private campground on the lake were you can rent spaces $300 month (including hook-ups). We are going to haul our's up there when they open and leave it there for 3-4 months. It is going to be nice to hop in the car on fri night and be fishing Reverse Creek sat morning then coming back to camp to grill up fresh trout rapped in bacon...Hmmmmmmmm ! ! ! Good luck

Phat Matt
07-17-2006, 08:52 AM
Beautiful Matt, you and Jen will enjoy it very much.... Make sure you get 15K AC in front and rear....ducked AC sucks as it heats up running through the roof before it gets tot he vents in the summer time in LHC.... I know you are going to use it up north. That is were you will enjoy it the most.... Mrs. HL and I were just talking about this spring running our 5th wheel up to Grant Lake (northern part of June Lake Loop) (taking a break from LHC). I heard there is a private campground on the lake were you can rent spaces $300 month (including hook-ups). We are going to haul our's up there when they open and leave it there for 3-4 months. It is going to be nice to hop in the car on fri night and be fishing Reverse Creek sat morning then coming back to camp to grill up fresh trout rapped in bacon...Hmmmmmmmm ! ! ! Good luck
Everyone has spoke about the a/c but we plan on using it in the winter mostly. It's not for Havasu since we have a house there. Our first trip will be in a couple of weeks up in the High Sierra's for a week. We can't wait. :D

Havasu Luvr
07-17-2006, 09:31 AM
Everyone has spoke about the a/c but we plan on using it in the winter mostly. It's not for Havasu since we have a house there. Our first trip will be in a couple of weeks up in the High Sierra's for a week. We can't wait. :D
Cool, Enjoy ! ! ! I think I am bringing home the 5th wheel next month (alittle early) for some R&R up in Mammoth Good luck