PDA

View Full Version : Eliminator Daytona(PLEASE READ)

BIGGER=FASTER
03-13-2003, 07:14 PM
ok I've decided the design I want to go with is the eliminator daytona 21. If anyone knows of a similar 22 foot hull THAT COMES IN A JET please tell me. but anyway it looks like I'm going with the daytona and I would like to know if that hull would sit low in the water and if anyone has seen a good 4 person seating arrangement. if you could post pics I'd really apreciate it. Also since I'm looking for a good hull I was wondering what the going price would be on such a boat(80's to early 90's model) of the eliminator with a blown, seized, fried, or no motor at all. There aren't any now but you and I both know that there's plenty of morons that will trash their boats over the summer, give up, and sell it for next to nothing. please give me a hand here,
thanks

572Daytona
03-13-2003, 09:53 PM
The Daytona is a good choice for a jet, mine seats 4 easy and possibly a 5th in the middle seat in the front (if it is a kid or someone with small hips :)
I've seen a couple of tunnel jets that claimed to be 22', i.e. Placecraft, Rapidcraft Twister but to me they didn't appear to have anymore freeboard or substantially bigger then the 21' Daytona. I would love to see someone build a bigger jet with a decent motor to see how it performs, there is some experimentation going on with dual jet drives in lager boats, so who know.
Here are a couple of pics of my interior
http://www.havasubarney.com/iB_html/uploads/post-9-01621-Dscn0580e.jpg
http://www.alltel.net/~jthieme/mollydaytona.jpg

BIGGER=FASTER
03-13-2003, 10:00 PM
hey man thanks a lot, I just don't like the embarrasment of having the most beautiful boat on the water and when taking people for a ride hearing them say how cramped they are. if you could maybe(and excuse the inconvenience)squeez a side view of the rear seats and maybe one like the side angle you gave me but coming from the front. I gotta be honest I'm probably gonna make the interior of my 21 like a car :) cause I want to be comfortable when I'm smoking those little guys they call sherrifs wink . (just kidding :D )

737jetmech
03-14-2003, 02:08 AM
Liberator builds a 21 modified tunnel that is a splash of the eliminator daytona.They build about 4" more freeboard in the boat when compaired to the eliminator.

572Daytona
03-14-2003, 05:40 AM
BF...I don't have any better pics of the interior right now. When I get a chance I will try to take some new pictures.

HammerDown
03-14-2003, 05:49 AM
737jetmech:
Liberator builds a 21 modified tunnel that is a splash of the eliminator daytona.They build about 4" more freeboard in the boat when compaired to the eliminator. Thats true...and that means alot when your cutting through the extra rough stuff. The 21Liberator looks just like the 21Daytona. Just more desired freeboard.

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 06:35 AM
Hey guys thanks a ton, I'll be sure to post progress pics of this project and credit each of you. If you guys could give a link to the liberator site cause I have to be honest. I've heard the name, but don't know anything about them. Also thanks for mentioning the freeboard. I like a nice high boat. And on the pic note don't worry about it too much I'm not starting till after summer when there's a bunch of blown up ones. Anyway how much would a hull or one with a blown up motor cost. Liberator or Daytona?????
[ March 14, 2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: BIGGER=FASTER ]

572Daytona
03-14-2003, 06:45 AM
Here is a daytona for sale w/o a motor:
http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/8/2/43373182.htm
I think HavasuBarney can help you out with Liberators:
http://www.havasubarney.com/boat_model.asp?MID=3

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 06:49 AM
hey thanks for the link man but..... ARE THESE THINGS REALLY WORTH 15K BARE??? WILL THE PRICE GO DOWN COME FALL OR WINTER WHEN THESE RICH GUYS DECIDE TO THE THINGS AT THE END OF THE SEASON????

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 06:58 AM
THAT'S A 1980 FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DIDN'T CLICK THE LINK. BUT I'M SURE THAT'S CLOSE TO WHAT THE WHOLE DAMN BOAT COST WHEN IT WAS NEW. COME ON NO WAY A 1980 IS 15K BARE HULL, MY DAD BOUGHT HIS SLEEKCRAFT SST IN 1980 FOR 7.5K. ARE THESE OLDIES THAT MUCH OR IS THAT GUY JUST ASKING A TAD MUCH.

572Daytona
03-14-2003, 07:09 AM
I don't know what they went for in 1980, but I'm sure they were more than a Sleekcraft. A new one today with pretty much stock power is probably in th 40K range and boats just don't depreciate the way cars do. Also it sound like that boat has had some pump work done to it, having one with a full setback pump with rideplate, diverter and a blueprinted pump is going to cost significantly more without those options.
The bottom line is that the Daytona 21' is one of the better jet hulls out there and good used ones are few and far between,they normally command a premium price. They are not really starter boats, I looked for one for about 4 or 5 years before I got mine

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 07:14 AM
THANKS FOR THAT BIT OF FEEDBACK. WELL TO BE HONEST I HOPE LIKE HELL THAT THEY BEAT IT TO DEATH. I DON'T WANT A PRETTY MOTOR OR PUMP. BUT STILL I WAS GUESSING MORE LIKE 4K-7K. MAYBE AT THE END OF SUMMER WITH A ROCK UP THE PUMP AND A SEIZED MOTOR. MAYBE I'LL GET IN THE RANGE I WANT. YOU GUYS THINK THE ODDS ARE GOOD FOR ME????

572Daytona
03-14-2003, 07:18 AM
I've never seen one in that price range, maybe it's because they sell quick and never get advertised. Who knows though, good luck with your search.

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 07:24 AM
I'm hunting around and I see a prop complete boat for 18k. I know it's not a jet and jets probably sell for more but, that engine wasn't free and it's gotta mean something. maybe at that rate I'll find one. I'll go a bit higher than 7k but not 15k bare. Thanks for the help anyway, I'll still credit you guys when I'm done.

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 07:28 AM
HEY I FOUND A 20 FOOT LIBERATOR FOR 9,500 WITH WHAT HE SAYS IS A GOOD MOTOR. I KNOW IT'S NOT THE 21 BUT I THINK THIS MEANS I MIGHT GET MY WISH AFTER ALL. IF YOU GUYS COME ACROSS ONE (21) FOR SOMETHING LIKE THIS PLEASE TELL ME

HavasuDreamin'
03-14-2003, 08:21 AM
The 1980 Eliminator Daytona is also advertised at www.dragboats.com. (http://www.dragboats.com.)
It is over priced IMHO. That particular hull less motor should sell for about $12K. I think it has been for sale for a while. Also, the same website had a complete black and blue 1980 19' Eliminator Daytona with a Blower Motor for sale for slightly more $$$$$. There are also other tunnel jets less motor, that appear to be set up as well or better for less money.
B=F..........I think you are looking at about $10K to $15K for a 21' Daytona with no motor depending on age, condition, etc. My guess is you will have to search high and low and jump on one as soon as you see it because they don't last long when they come up (if priced properly). Good Luck
[ March 14, 2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: HavasuDreamin' ]

syke-o
03-16-2003, 12:33 PM
:)