PDA

View Full Version : Tricktowers.com

Cole Sanger
07-08-2006, 04:10 PM
Anyone ever hear about them? I am going to get one for my boat. Just wanted to see if anyone had one or heard about them before I do.

mexrunner
07-08-2006, 08:35 PM
i was looking at them really hard but didnt end up going with them. i really needed something that folded down and after looking everything over i ended up going with an air boom tower the trick towers look like they are made very well its just they didnt offer everything i wanted ended up getting a hell of a deal on the airboom too. powdercoated, boardrack, surf boardrack, and billet mirror for 2300 which when you add every thing up made the tower around 1400 bucks just my experience let us know how it goes.

Cole Sanger
07-09-2006, 05:07 AM
Cool. I live less than a mile away from Tricktowers and Wakedesign towers. I was going to go with the Wakedesign tower until I heard about Tricktowers. I am getting a Tricktower, two racks, a custom rope holder, the larger mounting parts and istallation for $1750. Wakedesigns wanted $2250 just for the tower and said it would be 4-6 weeks. Tricktowers said 2 weeks. I don't need it to fold down, so this is the best option I think for me. Also, Tricktowers will customize it for me however I want. I am going to go with a little more angled back look. I am going to end up getting the Airboom Sky Ski rack.

Rudebob
07-09-2006, 07:08 PM
I was going to get a trick tower-I also live in Phoenix and liked the looks of them, not to mention the price. I ended going elsewhere after a few concerns. First of all I wanted a tower that would be silent. He said his towers were quiet but might rattle a little. Most towers will get noisey over time and require some occasional tightening and possibly a little tweaking-but some inherently will be noisey all the time due to design. I also wanted something powdercoated or at least chemfilm coated and his were not without subcontracting which equals more money and time. For me the biggest deal killer was that the guy would never get back with me after I tried to set up a time to take measurements off my boat. He seems like a nice guy but I got the feeling his business amounted to only him and one other guy. I decided I did not want to wait half the summer to detemine whether the guy was capable of coming through in a timely manner or not so I went with a Monster tower.
I will say that the Monster is one of my least favorites in looks but it is a proven and well designed tower. It is also quiet once I got it tweaked abit. Monster guarantees their towers to be silent. It is also powder coated and will fold completely flat if needed, although my garage door is high enough to leave in place. The best part is they have them is stock and it took me 5 days to get one once I order it. I paid $1,195 which including shipping and no sales tax (that is another 100+) you got to consider. I was boarding off the new tower one week to the day I had ordered it.
I am not knocking trick towers at all. I hope he comes through for you on time. His product looks good and I hope his business continues to grow. Competition is a good thing.
'Bob

Cole Sanger
07-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Sorry to hear you had so many problems with him. How long ago was this? I had the opposite situation. He got back with me and I went over about an hour after I talked with him. You are right about it being him and another guy though. That is what I was looking for though. I just wanted a welder so I could get a custom job. He must have found a guy for the powder coating. I am getting the powerder coating for $400. I like the price of the Monstertower, but like you, I don't like the looks of it. Anyway, I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the info.

Rudebob
07-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Nothing to be sorry about. I wouldn't say I had problems with him. He seemed like a nice guy, just busy. I talked to him a couple of times in May of this year. Like I said, I liked the looks of his design but wanted one that has been proven technically. I also wanted to have use of it over as much of the summer as possible.
I just figured by the time I got in touch with him to schedule measurements (he never called me back after 3 calls), had him build it (he also said earlier he was a little behind waiting on materials) and then had to rely on the powdercoater, I was afraid the summer would be half over. I've been burned too many times trying to get something done during peak season (boating or duning). Everything takes longer than it is supposed to (let's face it, people are often optimistic on time frames to make a sale). Also, the Monster also ended up being cheaper when you factor the cost of powdercoat and sales tax.
'Bob