PDA

View Full Version : UFC 61 Latest Line (bodog)

moneypit
07-08-2006, 04:55 PM
UFC 61 Latest Line. My picks are in bold...
Drew Fickett is a patient of mine. Go Drew!!!!
UFC 61 - July 8th - Drew Fickett vs Kurt Pellegrino Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays. Max $300
Drew Fickett -155
Kurt Pellegrino +115
UFC 61 - July 8th - Gilbert Aldana vs Cheick Kongo Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays. Max $300
Gilbert Aldana +135
Cheick Kongo -175
UFC 61 - July 8th - Jeff Monson vs Anthony Perosh Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays.Max $300
Jeff Monson -800
Anthony Perosh +425
UFC 61 - July 8th - Hermes Franca vs Joe Jordan Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays. Max $300
Hermes Franca -660
Joe Jordan +380
Heres my pick to click. Lets see if Mir is really back
UFC 61 - July 8th - Dan Christison vs Frank Mir Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays. Max $300
Dan Christison +205
Frank Mir -310
Burkman is too much of a stud. I'd be shocked if he lost this fight!
UFC 61 - July 8th - Josh Burkman vs Josh Neer Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays. Max $300
Josh Burkman -120
Josh Neer -120
We will see if Stevenson layed off the bruskies
UFC 61 - July 8th - Yves Edwards vs Joe Stevenson Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays. Max $300
Yves Edwards -240
Joe Stevenson +165
UFC 61 - July 8th - Tito Ortiz vs Ken Shamrock Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays. Max $300
Tito Ortiz -520
Ken Shamrock +310
It wouldn't be stupid to place every dime on Silvia. Militich camp boys are always prepared. I am not betting this fight but I'm rooting for Andrei
UFC 61 - July 8th - Tim Sylvia vs Andrei Arlovski Both fighters must fight for wager to have action. No Parlays. Max $300
Tim Sylvia +170
Andrei Arlovski -250

little rowe boat
07-08-2006, 08:14 PM
Any winners yet??

Phat Matt
07-08-2006, 08:39 PM
Where is Joe Rogin?

SUI-CY-COLE
07-08-2006, 09:02 PM
www.mma.com says joe had a problem with the owners of ufc and will not be announcing again.....smells like Don KIng stepped in.... :p

LLGirl
07-08-2006, 09:04 PM
www.mma.com says joe had a problem with the owners of ufc and will not be announcing again.....smells like Don KIng stepped in.... :p
No, Joe had a previous engagement in Boston that was planned before this UFC date was announced.

Phat Matt
07-08-2006, 09:13 PM
I think fear was a factor.

SUI-CY-COLE
07-08-2006, 09:40 PM
i read otherwise..i hope he comes back...he is a good announcer......."obviuosly fear was not a factor"...lol

Tequila-John
07-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Crappy night for the main fights thats for sure

bajabri
07-08-2006, 10:01 PM
possibly the lamest main events I've seen...over reactive referee and what happened to Andre???

SUI-CY-COLE
07-08-2006, 10:11 PM
thank god..others fell the same way.....i thought i was the only one that felt like they got fu--!!..........i personally feel the ortiz and ken fight,was a hype and didnt mean anything like they promoted..... :yuk:

dmontzsta
07-08-2006, 10:53 PM
God I love the UFC.
Silvia won, so I am happy. Tito was about to really smash Kens head in, before the ref stoppage. If they do it again, you know where the fight is going. Ken is DONE he needs to give up already, I guess he just wants to feel one more ass whoooping befor he retires. How about Yves Edwards having his scalp peeled back, there was ALOT of blood. :)

SUI-CY-COLE
07-08-2006, 10:57 PM
God I love the UFC.
Silvia won, so I am happy. Tito was about to really smash Kens head in, before the ref stoppage. If they do it again, you know where the fight is going. Ken is DONE he needs to give up already, I guess he just wants to feel one more ass whoooping befor he retires. How about Yves Edwards having his scalp peeled back, there was ALOT of blood. :)
very true...and what i DO like about UFc is that..they didnt clean the blood/"hepatitus C" off the matt!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :)

bignet
07-08-2006, 11:11 PM
That was a weak main event....Ortiz v Shamrock was pretty weak as well...I've had more fun watching retards play basketball. No disrespect to retards.... :crossx:
bignet

SBullet
07-09-2006, 08:09 AM
The whole event was very weak, speacially the main event with Sylvia! :yuk:

FryJet
07-09-2006, 08:22 AM
Weakest UFC in a while...................
Ken and Tito..........I was rooting for Ken but I had a feeling Tito would take it but that fight should not have been stoped. There was one good blow and the others were more sweepers more than anything. That ref needs to get his shit together and Tito should not be proud. How much blood did Edwards lose before they called that fight and Ken gets in a little trouble and it gets called, crap if you asked me.
Tim and Andre.........I was rooting for Tim BUT, those two retards need to join a boxing organization if they keep that crap up.
And to top it all off, Joe Rogan was MIA. Randy might be a good fighter but he doesnt have the personality to carry the the booth, golf games have more energy in their commentary.
Carry on.....................
F.J.

FLEA DIDDY
07-09-2006, 08:44 AM
Can I get a "big let down" That was worst UFC I have seen in a long time. Usally after the mainevent they go back and show the undercard fights, WTF?not lastnight UFC is getting cheap or something? Frank Mir looked like a fat guy they pulled out of the local I-hop!!! pathetic, If the fights keep up like this it's going to get really boring.

dmontzsta
07-09-2006, 09:20 AM
Weakest UFC in a while...................
Ken and Tito..........I was rooting for Ken but I had a feeling Tito would take it but that fight should not have been stoped. There was one good blow and the others were more sweepers more than anything. That ref needs to get his shit together and Tito should not be proud. How much blood did Edwards lose before they called that fight and Ken gets in a little trouble and it gets called, crap if you asked me.
Tim and Andre.........I was rooting for Tim BUT, those two retards need to join a boxing organization if they keep that crap up.
And to top it all off, Joe Rogan was MIA. Randy might be a good fighter but he doesnt have the personality to carry the the booth, golf games have more energy in their commentary.
Carry on.....................
F.J.
Are you serious? That one elbow clearly reset Kens head. I think the ref and Tito have a better view than we do. Tito said Ken went limp when the elbow hit, so he threw a few more knowing they would land and the ref would stop the fight. We watched the reply on TIVO 10x and when that elbow hits, Kens grip on Tito falls to the side and his head slams back. He did not have the ability to protect and would have had his head smashed in. Anyways, you see where the fight was going, Ken should be happy it was stopped, before his face looked like the elephant mans again.
:)
And Arlovski and Silvia were smart, they knew from past fights that one punch could end it quick. I did not expect it to go that far, I thought it would stay in the 1st round. I agree though, I would have liked to of seen more action.

SUI-CY-COLE
07-09-2006, 09:41 AM
Are you serious? That one elbow clearly reset Kens head. I think the ref and Tito have a better view than we do. Tito said Ken went limp when the elbow hit, so he threw a few more knowing they would land and the ref would stop the fight. We watched the reply on TIVO 10x and when that elbow hits, Kens grip on Tito falls to the side and his head slams back. He did not have the ability to protect and would have had his head smashed in. Anyways, you see where the fight was going, Ken should be happy it was stopped, before his face looked like the elephant mans again.
And Arlovski and Silvia were smart, they knew from past fights that one punch could end it quick. I did not expect it to go that far, I thought it would stay in the 1st round. I agree though, I would have liked to of seen more action.
i agree....tito would of won anyways...but for 40 bucks a ppv and 500 aseat,the crowd deserved to see a little more...but then again,,,im playin monday morning quarterback

dmontzsta
07-09-2006, 10:01 AM
i agree....tito would of won anyways...but for 40 bucks a ppv and 500 aseat,the crowd deserved to see a little more...but then again,,,im playin monday morning quarterback
True, I would have loved for Tito to totally smash Kens face in, then he couldnt whine any more. :D

Charley
07-09-2006, 02:19 PM
I gotta say Herb Dean should have let it go another ...umm... several hits... even if Shamrock did get his ass kicked it would have stopped the arguement that it got stopped too soon..... this was a bitter rivalry?? then f(_)ckin let em brawl till one of em eats their pre fight words in the post fight interview!!
Ridiculous stoppage... look at what Neer came back and did against Melvin after getting beat on the entire fight, ... everyone's got a punchers/submitters chance :cool:
main event was boring... why arlovski did not continue on sylvia's legs I will never understand, you could see his left knee getting red and the beginning of Silvia favoring it, should have chopped that tree down, mistake not to continue down that road IMHO
Neer vs Burkman was the best televised fight, wasnt worth the $40 but was the best fight of the night...
how about Wanderlei vs Liddel!!!! :D

intense
07-09-2006, 03:09 PM
how about Wanderlei vs Liddel!!!! :D[/QUOTE]
Chuck all the way!!!

Goodtime$
07-09-2006, 03:20 PM
I second charley..they should have let him give atleast 2-4 more elbows than call it. Oh well, leave it to publicity and having another reason for a re-match.
My friends training partner is babaloo, who is fighting chuck again soon. Hopefully that will be a better fight than the first one, babaloo has won some fights of recent.
Lots of blood, tim silvias fight made me look for the fwd button.....
oh and how about a real world fight. one of best from pride to fight chuck.
wow..thats huge wanderlie is an amazing fighter.

LLGirl
07-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Keep in mind with Vanderlai, these are with UFC rules. No soccer kicks, knees to a down opponent, etc. May change his game a little.
Herb stopped the fight at a questionable point, but nothing was going to change except Ken getting hurt worse. Herb Dean is one of the best refs out there. He refs everywhere and is among the best. Those guys have the best seat in the house, AND the hardest job in the house.
mrllgirl

FryJet
07-09-2006, 05:49 PM
Yep, I am serious. I watched it about 10 times too. First one rang his bell, the rest werent doing that much damage IMO. Herb needs to look at the length of the fight when he makes a call like that which was clearly too early. Tito thinks he won that fight but it was a gift from Herb at that point. Its a fight but please, it was a big letdown for fans who want to see a good fight and not a circus.
F.J.