PDA

View Full Version : Berk intake install...

HotDogz
07-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Have finished repairing a couple of cracks around my intake opening and need to re-install my intake now. The local hotshot is apparently too busy to do it for me after 4 weeks of waiting, so I am looking for a reputable individual to install my intake. The is no putty to remove from boat as entire bilge area has been re-glassed and my intake has been powdercoated. Should be clean, simple install. (for someone who knows how) Looking in the NorCal area, Santa Rosa to Sacramento. Help!

sdpm
07-09-2006, 05:51 AM
Make sure whoever does it grinds the areas where the epoxy is going. It does not bond very good to fresh resin or powdercoat.

HotDogz
07-09-2006, 10:07 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I wouldnt have considered that.

squirt'nmyload
07-09-2006, 10:56 AM
i just had mine done a couple of weeks ago. i had a hand in helping the shop do it and i'm very confident that i could do it myself from now on. the most important thing was making sure the intake was at the proper degree angle. if you were in AZ i'd help you out.

jweeks123
07-09-2006, 11:21 AM
how did you determine what the proper degree angle was for yur boat
jw

squirt'nmyload
07-09-2006, 01:05 PM
we set mine at 4 degrees.. the boat is a 74 wriedt maverick, berk pump,bbf ...i don't know how they came up with it but i think they all should be within a degree or two of that.

tahitijet
07-09-2006, 01:56 PM
if you want to come to fresno i'll HELP you install it.
are u putting it back stock? or setting it back while your this far along?