PDA

View Full Version : Boat cover

tbanzer
07-09-2006, 05:31 AM
Looking to get a new cover made for my HTM sr24 I have a cockpit cover but I would like to get a full cover made. I have never seen one on a catamaran and I really dont want to have any more snaps put on the side of the boat. Anyone out there use a full cover, and how is the cover attached to the boat or trailer?

Brian
07-09-2006, 08:26 PM
I have a full storage cover on the Magic that comes all the way down the sides. No snaps, it just slips over and snugs up with a rope cinch that goes all the way around. Straps and clips around the trailer rails keep everything good even when the wind kicks up. Cost me around 1100 bones.
-Brian

tbanzer
07-10-2006, 01:27 PM
I have a full storage cover on the Magic that comes all the way down the sides. No snaps, it just slips over and snugs up with a rope cinch that goes all the way around. Straps and clips around the trailer rails keep everything good even when the wind kicks up. Cost me around 1100 bones.
-Brian
Could the boat be trailered with the cover on? One of the launches I go on is about 1 mile down a dirt road. By the time I get the boat to the water its covered with dust and dirt.

GrapeApe
07-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Could the boat be trailered with the cover on? One of the launches I go on is about 1 mile down a dirt road. By the time I get the boat to the water its covered with dust and dirt.
Where are you Located?? SDMIKEY just had one made for his 24 Skater Two Weeks ago. They came to his House in Lakeside and made it on the spot (East County, San Diego) It Cost $800..
*** Grape Ape ***

Brian
07-10-2006, 06:32 PM
Yeah you could definitely tow down a dirt road at low/moderate speed with this cover on. I wouldn't take it on the highway though. For that I'd want something with some soft padding inside to keep it from flapping too much and scuffing the gel. A friend of mine tows with the cover on and he has a pretty cool bungee net setup that he puts over the top of the whole deal to keep things tight. Work great.
-Brian

Jordy
07-10-2006, 06:33 PM
I've got a full cover for my 30' Spectre that runs from the tips of the sponsons all the way back over the outboards and down to the trailer on both sides. Talk about ALOT of fukkin' material. This one came from the east coast, but they are out there.

JMC
07-11-2006, 07:18 AM
Check your PM's tbanzer

Screaming Pete
07-11-2006, 02:38 PM
Benz canvas in escondido ca on Hale street by the autopark did mine. wraps all the way under the boat and even did a trick cover for my outboard with velcro at the bottom..great work..Ultra and dcb have been using him for years for covers and bimanis tops

tbanzer
07-12-2006, 02:13 PM
Anyone Have any pictures?