PDA

View Full Version : OSS Race in Vegas 9/16/06

Rock-it man
07-09-2006, 12:17 PM
Anybody know for sure if this will happen and where the pits will be. Where do all the racers stay ?? I heard they are just waiting on a permit. Thanks Wayne

x7734x
07-10-2006, 05:49 AM
I have been keeping an eye on the website, nothing more than a date as of yet, and no rumors going around either.

Rock-it man
07-10-2006, 09:28 AM
Just talked to OSS and the race is a go. They do not know yet where the main hotel will be. I am bringing the SL44 to the race ( Not racing) I may have a chance of being one of the pace boats though but will settle to just be a spectator also . Where is a good safe place to leave the boat when not in the water, my trailer is 47 ft long !!!
Any IDEA's . Will be in Vegas the evening of Aug 14 on a Thur. Thanks Wayne

Chris Ayres
07-10-2006, 04:23 PM
Better check and double check on this event Wayne. Last I heard the promotor had not got the money together but OSS was holding it on their schedule anyway. Pretty dumb to put it up against Bayfair Thunderboat Racing in San Diego the same weekend.
Chris

Rock-it man
07-10-2006, 06:11 PM
I called OSS office today and was told it was on,thats all I know so far. Made reservations there and can cancell if it doe's not happen. Thanks for the info Wayne

BADAXE
07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Just talked to OSS and the race is a go. They do not know yet where the main hotel will be. I am bringing the SL44 to the race ( Not racing) I may have a chance of being one of the pace boats though but will settle to just be a spectator also . Where is a good safe place to leave the boat when not in the water, my trailer is 47 ft long !!!
Any IDEA's . Will be in Vegas the evening of Aug 14 on a Thur. Thanks Wayne
You can park it in front of my house. Very quite neighborhood culdasac and plenty of room. Of course it will cost you a ride though.

Rock-it man
07-11-2006, 01:13 PM
You can park it in front of my house. Very quite neighborhood culdasac and plenty of room. Of course it will cost you a ride though.
How far are you from Calwell Bay marina on mead that is probably where they will launch ,a guess though. Will let you know if I may need the driveway and a ride is no problem. Thanks Wayne

BADAXE
07-12-2006, 08:49 AM
How far are you from Calwell Bay marina on mead that is probably where they will launch ,a guess though. Will let you know if I may need the driveway and a ride is no problem. Thanks Wayne
All the boat racing I have ever seen at Lake Mead is run from Special Events Beach which is right between Lake Mead Marina and Hemenway Launch Ramp.
Both of which are just a few minutes from my house. Calville Bay Marina is about 40 minutes away towing a big boat.

mmered8299
07-12-2006, 02:35 PM
Whats OSS? Can somebody post a web link?