PDA

View Full Version : Short lake trip

daddy b
07-09-2006, 02:37 PM
No water coming from jet to engine, motor hot, valves and hoses are good,no clogs. Could there be something clogging the hole inside the jet to the engine cooling hose. I don't know what makes the water come from the jet to the engine????? SWEAT SWEAT HOT HOT DAY HOT HOT BOAT PUT IT IN THE WATER TAKE IT OUT OF THE WATER, got her up to @ 210 degrees. :mad: :mad: :mad:
Can one of you wise men enlighten me on my first heating problem that I could not solve. Thanks in advance daddy b

daddy b
07-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Oh, at least I still have the ice chest full of beer and the kiddy pool. :cool:

dead_onion
07-09-2006, 02:54 PM
hi,
water goes from the jet to the engine from bowl pressure, there is no seperate water pump.
check to make sure that you don't have any ball/gate vales closed that would prevent water from getting to the engine.
I had the same problem, got my motor up to 260 degrees!
turned out the that block was full of mud that had tunred into an adobe like substance. I had to pop the freeze plugs and get in there with a coat hanger and a pressure washer.
Josh

El Prosecutor
07-09-2006, 03:13 PM
:idea: run a small screwdriver or something through the fitting and make sure its not just some Hydrocotyle ranunculoides or a Twinkie wrapper blocking the fitting from inside the suction housing. :boxed:

centerhill condor
07-09-2006, 04:52 PM
also, pull your block drain plugs and while on the ramp at low rpm see if water exits. the water should exit under pressure while running and by gravity with engine off. this problem is frequently reported with a droop snoot as an "air lock" situation is created until water displaces the air.
better Hydrocotyle ranunculoides than radio nuclides...

daddy b
07-09-2006, 08:34 PM
also, pull your block drain plugs and while on the ramp at low rpm see if water exits. the water should exit under pressure while running and by gravity with engine off. this problem is frequently reported with a droop snoot as an "air lock" situation is created until water displaces the air.
better Hydrocotyle ranunculoides than radio nuclides...
I think you might be on to something here. Runs great on the hose, and
while at the lake the thing started to water great, then stopped. Does opening the valve help to relieve this air or do I need to burp this 468. :idea:
Thanks for the ideas, all other things are clear, no obstuctions, however the pump gate valve does not seem to be completely opened but not overly obstructed.
No twinkie wrappers but I found my old swim truncks> :p

daddy b
07-09-2006, 09:48 PM
Just checked drain plugs,one was partially open..... there has been some extra water in the boat these days (wot), I hope this is the problem. Could this cause some kind of air lock?