PDA

View Full Version : Chaparrel = Hot Boat?

Partycattin
07-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Does a pretty basic Chaparrel Sunesta qualify as the icon of a Hot Boat?
Nothing against Chappy, but I saw one cruising the channel with a Hot Boat Magazing banner on the side.
Guess I would expect to see the banner on the side of some 35 foot twin engine ride or something.

Excessive Force
07-09-2006, 09:07 PM
uh................................................ ...................................no

HYPNAUTIC
07-09-2006, 09:11 PM
..and i think it was a rental!

Havasu_Dreamin
07-09-2006, 09:12 PM
..and i think it was a rental!
It was. They were there taking pictures for an upcoming article.....

GHT
07-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Nothing against Chappy, but I saw one cruising the channel with a Hot Boat Magazing banner on the side.
Guess I would expect to see the banner on the side of some 35 foot twin engine ride or something.
Boats are boats and it doesn't matter what u have.. As long as it #1 floats #2 runs.... I was passed by an 18' Bayliner while being towed and it was the best looking boat I saw all weekend..... F'er passed me...

Roxysnow
07-09-2006, 09:52 PM
Of course it is....just light it on fire and tadaaa! It's a hot boat! But seriously, boating is a lifestyle almost to most. No matter what you have, as long as you enjoy it then you can call it what ever you want!

Classic Daycruiser
07-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Did it have a 1000hp motor under the hatch :idea:

lewiville
07-09-2006, 10:01 PM
in fact I have a chaparral 22'. had it for 8 seasons
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6738river_7-9-05_027.jpg

Wake Havasu
07-09-2006, 10:19 PM
If a pontoon boat does then certainly any boat with fiberglass does.

hotsand65
07-10-2006, 05:14 PM
Of course it is....just light it on fire and tadaaa! It's a hot boat! But seriously, boating is a lifestyle almost to most. No matter what you have, as long as you enjoy it then you can call it what ever you want!
THANK YOU! We are Chap owners and have been for a long time. We get to where everyone else is going - might not get there as quick but we get there and it costs alot less in gas then most "hot boats"!

Outnumbered
07-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Not Hot.

HM
07-10-2006, 05:40 PM
A nice boat? yes.
A ***boat? no.

2Driver
07-10-2006, 06:11 PM
having owned a number of custom performance boats I can tell you when I hit the throttle from a dead start in the Chappy there are a few seconds where I am inclined to go for the oar....so I'd say no . :rollside: :) :rollside:

Phat Matt
07-10-2006, 06:12 PM
Would you call a stock Honda Civic a Hot Rod?

Troy McClure
07-10-2006, 06:19 PM
Would you call a stock Honda Civic a Hot Rod?
Would you call a highly modified Honda Civic a Hot Rod?

Brian
07-10-2006, 06:40 PM
Oh I don't know... In my advancing age, I sometimes think that a mid-30 something foot Chappy or Formula express cruiser style rig with several thousand HP would be an acceptable "hot boat" ride!
:D

hotsand65
07-10-2006, 07:39 PM
just because the proud owner of a chappy had a dumb ass "hot boat" sign on his boat does not mean that he was advertising that he thought his boat was "hot" :yuk: - dumb ass!!!!!

OCMerrill
07-10-2006, 08:00 PM
I have been asked this before...what is a hot boat.
I hand them a ***boat mag, say look through it, ask does your boat appear simular in any way? All pages count.
or
Basically if one has to ask the answer is most likley......
ahhhhh....no.

JustDawn
07-10-2006, 08:08 PM
....We saw the Chapperal with the Hot Boat banner cruising the channel this weekend as well.
Jim Wilkes (Hot Boat mag) was behind the wheel...they seemed to be taking a bunch of pictures,mostly of scantilly clad women :cool: (PlayDeep)

Partycattin
07-10-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm not knocking Chaparrels. In fact, the Sunesta was one of the boats on the my shopping list when I was looking. I just don't think that the typical Sunesta is what you would see on the cover of Hot Boat. Granted, people are putting graphics on them and juicing em up a bit, then maybe. The stock ride, not really the icon of what Hot Boat Magazine writes about and does the photos shoots on.
Kinda like Ultra cruising the channel in a Pontoon with a big "Ultra Boats" banner on the side. Pontoons can be a great setup, but not what I would expect to see with the banner on it.

superdave013
07-10-2006, 09:05 PM
One of my customers was spending truck loads of cash on fittings and hose. I could tell it was not for a car so I asked him what kind of boat he has. Well he has a Cobalt. I was like, you have got to be kidding me. He must have spent 2K redoinng everything in stainless. So we get to talking and he's like, no man you don't understand. This is not just a Cobalt but it's my Cobalt built my way. He's stroked it, put AFR heads on it, his own EFI system, upped the compression to 11 - 1, cam change and all the yadda yadda. Drive has been all beefed up too. And get this, exhaust is still out the hub. Sleeper big time!!
I guess Cobalts are no more of a Hot Boat then Chaparrel's are but this guy's cookie cutter is hurting more then one "custom" boat owners feelings when he walks away from them. lol

Tom Brown
07-10-2006, 09:19 PM
Well he has a Cobalt.
Gotta love sleepers. :cool:

HM
07-10-2006, 09:32 PM
***boats are like HotRods - it is not always about speed. Hell, there are SeaDoos that are faster than many "***boats."
It is cool that someone has made a stock boat into a sleeper. That makes it a ***boat of sorts - but not to the naked eye.
I would sooner go check out a 21 Schiada rivercruiser with a stock 225 HP sbc with an alpha outdrive and faded gel over checking out a hopped up chapparal or cobalt.

HM
07-10-2006, 09:57 PM
BlaBlaBla....you couldn't see over the dash
LOL...I had my platform shoes on!

Kiddunot
07-10-2006, 09:58 PM
I agree....a hot boat is a boat with a lot of money and motor invested. I have a chaparrel myself. Yes i probably could of bought a nice used boat for what i paid for the brand new chaparrel, however i wanted something reliable and somewhat big. These days, when you buy a used boat, it is very easy to get stiffed. I would not say i have a hot boat, however i would say i have a nice boat and if i have a boat then i think it is ok to post up on ***boat.

HM
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM
And that might help you reach the bottom of the steering wheel.....
I found a cartoon that reminded me of you....ya sick bastard.
http://www.dougweb.org/images/blog/Thecountry.gif

HM
07-10-2006, 10:58 PM
I'm a Canuck not an Aussy ya fukkin dwarf.....keep it up and you'll get clubbed like a baby seal :mad:
Once you have seen one POME, you have seen them all.

djunkie
07-10-2006, 11:03 PM
It was used by ***boat magazine to take pics of the Howard regatta. :rollside:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15412&stc=1