PDA

View Full Version : Another EBAY 100+mph jet boat

junkyardhunter
07-09-2006, 09:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&rd=1&item=120005348300&sspagename=adme%3al%3artq%3aus%3a1
I emailed this guy and he says it will go 130 mph with the right fuel and the motor turns 7000+rpm with a 3AAA impeller

TRUMP TIGHT
07-09-2006, 09:40 PM
25k, i dont think so!:rolleyes:

junkyardhunter
07-09-2006, 09:42 PM
$25,000 and you get the woodgrain dash

SmokinLowriderSS
07-10-2006, 02:37 AM
man oh man! Since an A Berk takes almost 1100 HP, and an AA berk needs a bit over 1300 HP to spin 7K, I'm guessing an AAA would take just shy of 1600 HP to make 7grand. One hell of an NA Tunnel Ram motor he has there! WOO WOOO!!!
Some of you blower guys need a lesson from this guy's engine builder on how to make REAL HP. NA and 3HP /CID. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

centerhill condor
07-10-2006, 03:38 AM
the right fuel is liquid oxygen and jet A... downhill of course!

DelawareDave
07-10-2006, 03:51 AM
the right fuel is liquid oxygen and jet A... downhill of course!
Nah- it's got to be the "teflon coated" pistons and titanium valves! :) I mean- that's got to be good for 500 horses right there, dontcha think? :rolleyes:

IMPATIENT 1
07-10-2006, 05:27 AM
Nah- it's got to be the "teflon coated" pistons and titanium valves! :) I mean- that's got to be good for 500 horses right there, dontcha think? :rolleyes:
MAN I GOT COATED PISTONS TOO, I GOTTA BE DOIN 130 THEN,GPS HAS GOT TO BE WRONG! DAMN TECHNOLOGY! :)

BigBlockOldsJet
07-10-2006, 05:49 AM
I have heard of an A, 2A, 3A and even a 4A but what is a 3AAA impeller, is that equivalent to a berkeley 6A? That could be the reason for the 130 MPH speeds

taylormanss
07-10-2006, 05:53 AM
I think this guy has nitrous,being piped into his mouth,Or he's sucking on exhuast fumes. Hey wait I think I have a 20,000 dollar boat sitting in the back yard any takers? it says bayliner on the side!

BigBlockOldsJet
07-10-2006, 06:06 AM
This is copied from his ebay description "Motor description is as follows, a 519 cid with only 10 hrs on it, has steel rods and crank, seal power pop-up pistons with teflon coated skirts, full roller cam, 578 lift with 290 duration, roller lifters and rockers. 7 1/16ths push rods with guide plates"
*519 cubic inches, what combination is that
*578/290 lift roller cam, with the small lift I doubt the duration number is @ 0.50, seems a bit small to be a roller
*7 1/16 push rods, maybe he means 7/16 pushrods but those seem out of place with the cam he has listed

olbiezer
07-10-2006, 06:37 AM
he meant it will do 130 on the trailer behind dodge sr10

bigblockbill
07-10-2006, 06:38 AM
7 1/16" push rods... so is that 7.0625 dia, or does that mean a quanity of 7 and a dia of .0625??? what about the other 9??? maybe they are ultra skinny too and that is where he is making all the power.
all I can say is wow !!!!

moneysucker
07-10-2006, 11:37 AM
It would be worth $5000 here in CA. I like the painted tunnel ram.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-10-2006, 01:49 PM
This is copied from his ebay description "Motor description is as follows, a 519 cid with only 10 hrs on it, has steel rods and crank, seal power pop-up pistons with teflon coated skirts, full roller cam, 578 lift with 290 duration, roller lifters and rockers. 7 1/16ths push rods with guide plates"
*519 cubic inches, what combination is that
*578/290 lift roller cam, with the small lift I doubt the duration number is @ 0.50, seems a bit small to be a roller
*7 1/16 push rods, maybe he means 7/16 pushrods but those seem out of place with the cam he has listed
Well, lesse ...........
A 502 Chevy stroked to 4 1/8" = 517.9CID ..... so it's a STROKER MOTOR!!! :rollside:
Dart Racing heads, I wonder which ones? Think I'll DD Dart Pro1's, 345cc version :idea:
Stepped Racing headers .....
I get 1324HP at 7,500 RPM ........ by using a 400HP shot of nitrous. :rollside: LOL
Might be able to spin that 3AAA impeller 7-large ...... if he's using a 600-shot. :rolleyes:
Oh, I wasn't thinking, I can get 1400+HP from 7-grand to 9-grand by running 16:1 popups. I was only on 10:1 earlier. :cry:
Man, this is one premium jetboat, all the goodies and SUPER cool/fast. :D :D :D :D

SmokinLowriderSS
07-10-2006, 01:52 PM
I have heard of an A, 2A, 3A and even a 4A but what is a 3AAA impeller, is that equivalent to a berkeley 6A? That could be the reason for the 130 MPH speeds
I think that would be an AAAAAAAAAA, or a 9A. :p Wonder if it needed a special spacer plate in front of the bowl to stand it off from the suction slightly to make room?

MAXIMUS
07-10-2006, 02:30 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayisapi.dll?viewitem&rd=1&item=120005348300&sspagename=adme%3al%3artq%3aus%3a1
I emailed this guy and he says it will go 130 mph with the right fuel and the motor turns 7000+rpm with a 3AAA impeller
Maybe you missed the part where he said it had the D port manifold??? Combined with a good set of reworked 650 holley's I don't think 130 mph is out of the question??? :notam:

BigBlockOldsJet
07-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Team Turnkey....All about people helping people......
Building a better tomorrow, one people at a time....
I am not the grammar police but shouldn't that read
Building a better tomorrow, one person at a time....

Bense468
07-10-2006, 03:19 PM
All 130 mph race boats carry 40 gallons of fuel.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-10-2006, 04:16 PM
I am not the grammar police but shouldn't that read
Building a better tomorrow, one person at a time....
Thanks for the help BBOJ. :) Would set ya up with a sticker or a hat but TT has been sold recently and replaced by the now strugling Team Turkey. It just doesn't seem to have the spirit Teram Turnkey did. :cool: The slogan was not about persons, but about People. Again, much appreciated, very helpful of ya. :p :p :p :p

BigBlockOldsJet
07-10-2006, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the help BBOJ. :) Would set ya up with a sticker or a hat but TT has been sold recently and replaced by the now strugling Team Turkey. It just doesn't seem to have the spirit Teram Turnkey did. :cool: The slogan was not about persons, but about People. Again, much appreciated, very helpful of ya. :p :p :p :p
Hell, what's a little help between hot boaters.
Thanks for info on 519 combo, I was racking my brain trying to figure it out.
4.466 x 4.125

Scoobinator
07-10-2006, 08:29 PM
There is always a sucker out there

BigBlockOldsJet
07-11-2006, 06:11 AM
I asked the seller how much HP the engine is making and the MPH of the boat, his response follows:
1235 horsepower motor when running racing fuel
the boat goes about 130 mph

Docdayle
07-11-2006, 03:03 PM
hi guys, im the owner of the 25,000 dollar jet boat. i was asked to come in here and read what was being typed about my boat. i must say i dont understand grown men arguing over what they dont know.or putting someone down for what they dont understand. now as for the motor. yes it is a 519 cid. it was from a 454 4 bolt block. it has a steel crank and steel rods. all bal to with in 1/2 gram of eachother. she does have a stroker set in her and the bore is 100 over. do the math..there is a typo on the lift of the cam. not blaning here, but it was my wife that typed in the info i gave her for the Add. and by the time i saw it i did not care to change it. i really dont want to sell her. but the lift on the cam is 678 at 290. and yes it should have read 7/16th push rods on a full roller cam and rockers with rod guid plates and gear to gear timing set. the tun ram has large port D shaped runners to better mix the air/fuel. this alone helps give her a lot of extra HP. and yes,, dart racing heads with large valves. the out put of the motor at 6500 rpm's was 1235 hp. that is dynoed. i do have the #'s on the print out. the carbs have been reworked from 650's to 800cfm each and ported to run alcoh. but will also run on high oct gas. all dyno testing was done with alc/meth mix. she has twin black holley fuel pumps to feed her. one pump for one tank for one carb. and the same for the other carb. she holds 34 gal's of fuel in twin 17 gal tanks. and that brings us to all this nonsecse about the impeller. yes it is a 3AAA impeller that is new to the market. its not made of SS but of billet alm and welded together with 5 blades insted of 4 to hold up to high rpm's with out cracking or comming apart. so what is so hard to understand about that? all you had to do was email me and ask. and not to talk smack behind ones back. yes the boat will do 130 + mph i have already had the boat over 100 mph and not had her opened up all the way. the motor is still freash and not broke in.
and guys,, this is not my first jet boat, infact its my 3rd with the same motor combo. but it is the first time i have run this impeller set up. and i must say, its night and day to the SS impellers i have always run in the past. so,,,,,,, any questions, be a man and ask... im happy to answer and help others find the speed they want out of their boats.
Doc

Screemy1
07-11-2006, 03:22 PM
where did everyone go??????????????????????????????????????????? :argue:

Big Boys Toy PE857
07-11-2006, 03:50 PM
Doc,
It is kind of a sport here on the forums to "critique" hard to believe Ebay ads. You'll have to admit that 1200+ naturally aspirated hp from 519 ci. raises some eyebrows, and 130 mph is getting into the stratosphere of jet boat performance. Don't take too much offense at these guys, but most of them have been fooling with fast boats for a long time and those numbers are pretty stout. Good luck with your sale.

Bense468
07-11-2006, 03:57 PM
Did you forgot to take the clear sticker off the GPS that read 130?

MAXIMUS
07-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Sorry I was working... :rolleyes: I am not talking smack! I think that is an impressive # to run... I know how hard I had to work on my equipment to run 90. Let me tell you that was not an easy task! :rolleyes: So what do you think that thing would run with a shoe & ride plate??? :notam:

WannabeRacing
07-11-2006, 04:25 PM
Well doc, you have to understand. We see this stuff all the time. Many of us are professional engine builders, or professional racers. Many are professional boat racers, or professional boat builders. There are guys here that build 100 engines in a year. And when we see people throw numbers around like they are free, we tend to cringe. Many are just uneducated, and think that they can "pull the wool over" on buyers. We tend to put what we think back and forth to others of our same mentality on this board. It is a past-time that is enjoyed on this site.
And just because no one on this internet site could possibly make that horsepower out of that combination, or make that jet go that fast, does not mean that you cannot or that you have not. So take it with a grain of salt, and go and do your own deal.
(However, taking it out, and running it wide open with the GPS and with a video camera will quiet all naysayers immediately. You have to admit that saying what it will do by speculation is leaving you open for critics. Go run that number and shut everyone up! Then you will get the ultimate last laugh.)

bordsmnj
07-11-2006, 04:32 PM
hi guys, im the owner of the 25,000 dollar jet boat. i was asked to come in here and read what was being typed about my boat. i must say i dont understand grown men arguing over what they dont know.or putting someone down for what they dont understand. now as for the motor. yes it is a 519 cid. it was from a 454 4 bolt block. it has a steel crank and steel rods. all bal to with in 1/2 gram of eachother. she does have a stroker set in her and the bore is 100 over. do the math..there is a typo on the lift of the cam. not blaning here, but it was my wife that typed in the info i gave her for the Add. and by the time i saw it i did not care to change it. i really dont want to sell her. but the lift on the cam is 678 at 290. and yes it should have read 7/16th push rods on a full roller cam and rockers with rod guid plates and gear to gear timing set. the tun ram has large port D shaped runners to better mix the air/fuel. this alone helps give her a lot of extra HP. and yes,, dart racing heads with large valves. the out put of the motor at 6500 rpm's was 1235 hp. that is dynoed. i do have the #'s on the print out. the carbs have been reworked from 650's to 800cfm each and ported to run alcoh. but will also run on high oct gas. all dyno testing was done with alc/meth mix. she has twin black holley fuel pumps to feed her. one pump for one tank for one carb. and the same for the other carb. she holds 34 gal's of fuel in twin 17 gal tanks. and that brings us to all this nonsecse about the impeller. yes it is a 3AAA impeller that is new to the market. its not made of SS but of billet alm and welded together with 5 blades insted of 4 to hold up to high rpm's with out cracking or comming apart. so what is so hard to understand about that? all you had to do was email me and ask. and not to talk smack behind ones back. yes the boat will do 130 + mph i have already had the boat over 100 mph and not had her opened up all the way. the motor is still freash and not broke in.
and guys,, this is not my first jet boat, infact its my 3rd with the same motor combo. but it is the first time i have run this impeller set up. and i must say, its night and day to the SS impellers i have always run in the past. so,,,,,,, any questions, be a man and ask... im happy to answer and help others find the speed they want out of their boats.
Doc
y'all just been bitch slapped!!!! lmao.

Docdayle
07-11-2006, 04:37 PM
Doc,
It is kind of a sport here on the forums to "critique" hard to believe Ebay ads. You'll have to admit that 1200+ naturally aspirated hp from 519 ci. raises some eyebrows, and 130 mph is getting into the stratosphere of jet boat performance. Don't take too much offense at these guys, but most of them have been fooling with fast boats for a long time and those numbers are pretty stout. Good luck with your sale.
yes i can understand that. and if i hsd not seen the dyno sheet with my own eyes and the speeds she is turning out, i to may have questioned the #'s.. but thanks for the kind words.

Docdayle
07-11-2006, 04:42 PM
Sorry I was working... :rolleyes: I am not talking smack! I think that is an impressive # to run... I know how hard I had to work on my equipment to run 90. Let me tell you that was not an easy task! :rolleyes: So what do you think that thing would run with a shoe & ride plate??? :notam:
yes my first jet took a long time to get up to speed as well. but i dont give up easy.. as for the plate, im not sure. the builder of the impeller is using me as a ginny pig to try diff combos. im hoping my wife will let me keep it long enough to find out..

junkyardhunter
07-11-2006, 05:52 PM
looks like yous gots yous a reals super fast boat there

BigBlockOldsJet
07-11-2006, 08:14 PM
Can you talk a little more about the engine combo for example
Type of heads, we know they are Darts but are they 360's, 410's or Pro 1's, do you also have the flow numbers, the size of the chambers and valve sizes
What is the compresseion ratio of the pistons, how many CC's are the piston domes and how far are the pistons in the hole
Are the specifications you posted of the cam @ 0.50
What crankshaft and rods do you have in the engine and what is the length of the rod
When you ran the engine on the dyno with Alcohol, what changes did you make to the carbs and fuel system to run it back on gas

Scoobinator
07-11-2006, 11:01 PM
I do belive that the engine has everything he says but Im sorry I cant belive that the boat goes over a hundred yes he might have a state of the art impeller but you look at the picture and the pump looks stock I havent seen anyboat go over those speeds with a stock pump.
GOOD LUCK WITH THE SALE

YeLLowBoaT
07-11-2006, 11:27 PM
yes i can understand that. and if i hsd not seen the dyno sheet with my own eyes and the speeds she is turning out, i to may have questioned the #'s.. but thanks for the kind words.
Do you have a copy of that dyno sheet???? If you do you should post it in pics on ebay that will drasticly help your sale.
the carbs have been reworked from 650's to 800cfm each and ported to run alcoh. but will also run on high oct gas.
So its set up for alky but can run gas???
How does that work???
I would like to know alot more about the motor.
Also how much work did you do to the bottum? Hawaiians are known for have hook/rocker.

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 05:14 AM
This Schmidt engine is advertised to make 1260 HP
http://www.steveschmidtracing.com/images/engines/585-the-hammer.jpg
This NEW engine combination really rocks and is truly the "KING" of sportsman engines. Our on going research and development on our 585 and 632 sportsman engines have refined these combinations to perform better with more torque and a broader power band. This Pro Stock technology packaged in a sportsman engine with an affordable price. The technology in these engines are years ahead of our competitors.
We start with a Dart Big "M" block, professionally machined with offset bushing lifter bores, special big core (coated) bearings, big cam core with 4 / 7 swap, fully ported CNC and hand finished 12° Pro-Filer heads with our super 585 program. We install our own JE / Schmidt pistons, GRP aluminum rods with ARP 2000 bolts, Callies or Howards 4340 Crankshaft, special Schmidt fabricated aluminum dry-sump oil pan system and Jesel belt drive and rockers. Our proprietary Pro-Filer cast tunnel ram ported 2-carb manifold sets on top the engine. The engine comes with MSD crank trigger, sheet metal valve covers, Moroso vacuum pump and finished off with two special Schmidt 1250 CFM Flowed Dominator Carburetor.
ENGINE COMES WITH THE FOLLOWING COMPONENTS
• Dart Big "M" Block, Line Honed, Deburred, Block Trued Decked, Bored & Honed (with torque plates)
• Callies or Howards 4340 Crankshaft
• GRP Rods
• Comp Cams Big Cam Core Proprietary Schmidt Designed Profile with 4 / 7 Swap Firing Order
• Special Lightweight JE / Schmidt Piston (510 grams with .043 - .043 3mm Rings)
• Special 7/16 Manton Exhaust Pushrods
• Special Manton 3/8 - 7/16 Bullet Nose Intake Pushrods
• Manley Titanium Valves & Retainers
• ARP Head Studs, 12 pt Nuts & Engine Fasteners
• Moroso Vacuum Pump, Pulleys & Breather Tank
• Special Jesel / Schmidt Rockers, 2" Long Angle Exhaust & Offset 1850 Intakes
• Jesel Belt Drive
• Schmidt Logoed / Fabricated Sheet Metal Valve Covers
• Pro-Filer Cast Aluminum Tunnel Ram 2x4 Ported Intake Manifold
• Schmidt 1250 CFM Flowed Dominator Carburetor
• Special Schmidt Fabricated Aluminum Oil Pan & Pick-Up (with Mini Kick-Out for Stock Starter & Optimum Clearance
• Fel-Pro Performance Gaskets
• Cam Tunnel Bored & Line Honed for Special Big Core Bearings
• Crower Pressure-Fed Lifters (offset Intake)
• Schmidt Sheet Metal Valve Covers
• Schmidt 12° Pro-Filer Cylinder Heads with CNC Work, Hand Finished & Proprietary Valve Job
• Comp Cams Locks, Caps & Pac-alloy Springs
• MSD Distributor & Wires
• MSD Crank Trigger & Hardware
• ATI Super Damper
Docdayle's engine is advertised to make 1235 HP
http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/07/a4/60/94_12.JPG
Engine description copied directly from ebay ad
519 cid with only 10 hrs on it, has steel rods and crank, seal power pop-up pistons with teflon coated skirts, full roller cam, 578 lift with 290 duration, roller lifters and rockers. 7 1/16ths push rods with guide plates, dart racing heads with titanuim valves, gear to gear timing set, high rise tunnel ram with D shaped runners, two 650 holley marine double pumper carberators reworked to 800cfms each, a tunnel ram air scoop and spark arrester filters. MSD distributor and MSD marine ignition box. Twin holley electric fuel pumps, one for each carberator.
For comparable HP numbers, there is a huge diffrence in the build

MAXIMUS
07-12-2006, 06:27 AM
yes my first jet took a long time to get up to speed as well. but i dont give up easy.. as for the plate, im not sure. the builder of the impeller is using me as a ginny pig to try diff combos. im hoping my wife will let me keep it long enough to find out..
Can I give you some friendly advice??? Ok cool! If you are going to sell something on ebay or where ever, you should make sure you are stating facts or just simply say I am not sure... Your claims will land you in a law suit. And this is not the best place to bull shit the bullshitters... That boat is no 100 mph boat, its not a 90 mph boat, You do not even know what a shoe & ride plate is??? :rolleyes: Not that it matters but it might help to achieve a speed into the 90's... :)

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 07:31 AM
Hey Guys, let's give the guy a break as he may well have been given a Dyno Sheet with those #'s ..... Not saying that he has a 1,235 Hp motor cause I don't think so as the Fuel Flow Calc.'s don't work for what he describes having, especially for alcohol (w/o ch3no2).
Two things that I can think of that may have happened at the Dyno ... 1. He is quoting the corrected Hp as 1,235 Hp and the dyno operator's correction factor is way off (happens more than you might think) and/or, 2. The fuel (Alk) used at the dyno was 'Hot' (had a few % of nitromethane in it ... also been known to happen) fhough the Fuel #'s on that are marginal.
The best way for a potential buyer that is concerned about all this and wants a definitive answer is to re-dyno the motor at a dyno of his choice ... where he knows the operator and their QA/QC Procedures.
Just some thoughts.

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Correct if I am wrong, but if the fuel was possibly hot (alcohol/nitro) as you state, wouldn't there be an issue with igniting the mixture with an MSD 6M box.

JMC
07-12-2006, 07:50 AM
Sorry, but it is a physical impossibilty to get those numbers with what you have.

Cas
07-12-2006, 07:58 AM
Also how much work did you do to the bottum? Hawaiians are known for have hook/rocker.
That's what I'm thinking and besides that, aren't Hawaiians 1/4 stringer boats?

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Your right, I was focused only on the Fuel/Air Flow (principally because of the carbs he said he was using ... far too small/restrictive) and overlooked the lack of a Mag ... My Oops! Should have caught that.

Cs19
07-12-2006, 08:20 AM
There is no chance in hell that boat would ever see 130 mph even with that Schmitt motor above, now way in hell !!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe some of you guys are actually considering that the engine made that kind of power.
1235 hp is alot of HP.

Cs19
07-12-2006, 08:26 AM
http://i4.ebayimg.com/04/i/07/a1/f9/b5_0.JPG
130 mph with a C bowl ? :p

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
the out put of the motor at 6500 rpm's was 1235 hp. that is dynoed.
Doc
A tunnel ram engine making that much power at that low RPM, it must be a diesel engine

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 08:37 AM
and that brings us to all this nonsecse about the impeller. yes it is a 3AAA impeller that is new to the market. its not made of SS but of billet alm and welded together with 5 blades insted of 4 to hold up to high rpm's with out cracking or comming apart. .
Doc
Hey CS, have you seen or heard of such a thing?

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Our 'Ms. MoneyPenny' makes that kind of Hp on C-16 (no n2o) at slightly less RPM and she's a N/A 'Tunnel' (actually a CNC'd sheet metal intake) motor.

Big Kahunaa
07-12-2006, 08:50 AM
here is you chance to own the fastes boat on the water it is a 1977 hawaiian
have heard of these hull's going a 130 mph
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3167turd_005.jpg
p/s you need 10,000 hp and a golden billet impeller and wonka has to be driving it in a river of chocolate

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 08:51 AM
Our 'Ms. MoneyPenny' makes that kind of Hp on C-16 (no n2o) at slightly less RPM and she's a N/A 'Tunnel' (actually a CNC'd sheet metal intake) motor.
I would hope that your engine is a little different than Doc's, then again I have never seen a build sheet or the dyno results.

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 09:01 AM
I would hope that your engine is a little different than Doc's, then again I have never seen a build sheet or the dyno results.
Then again, I'd rather not see it anyway

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 09:47 AM
"Then again, I'd rather not see it anyway"
That's Good Cause I Wouldn't Post It Up, though I'll pretty much answer anyone's questions in person or by PM's or E-Mails.
And yes, the build of our motor is very different that that of this thread ... Similiar, but, more advance than the Schmitt motor you posted up earlier. Ebbert (DNE) designed and built it back in the winter of '01/spring '02 (quite a bit earlier than Schmitt bought Ray Franks Pro-Filer Head Design & Molds and started building his Sportsman Motors) and we've been 'Tweeking'/Upgrading it since.

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 09:53 AM
Ebbert (DNE) designed and built it back in the winter of '01/spring '02
Well it has been a while since the engine was completed and have only seen questionable results in your boat, when is the combination going to run to it's full potential or has it already?

Cs19
07-12-2006, 09:58 AM
Hey CS, have you seen or heard of such a thing?
Never heard of a 5 blade impeller but Ive seen a 3 blade.

WannabeRacing
07-12-2006, 10:11 AM
UBFJ, if yours is the boat I am thinking of, that baby is a profiler running something like 570 and change cubic inches. That is like comparing apples to hampster vomit.
In a million years, Warren Johnson could not make 900 horsepower out of that ebay boat intake at 6500 rpms. With any head underneath it. Even his DRCE4 prototype runners.

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 10:54 AM
"when is the combination going to run to it's full potential or has it already?"
Since July of '02 when we first started with this 'combination' we've only been able to Race 'On Occasion' due to crew work commitments/time availablity, that sort of thing. In the 117 1/4 Mile Passes we've made to date we've been principally focused on working out the boats bottom (keel depth & shape) and the accompanying hardware while maintaining the motor. To date we've never used more than a 250 shot of n2o even though the motor is designed to handle much more than that ... with the 250 shot, we now have the boat running consistent high 7's Safely ... essentially she's 'Dialed In' as an 8.0 Boat anywhere we choose to run her, including Firebird.
If you define her 'Full Potential' as an 8.0 Boat then, I guess we're there.
Problem is, I know we can make her, the 'Black Mamba' #454, run much quicker ... But, there are two things that will have to be done if we are to make her very much quicker ... 1. She's now an open boat so we're faced with the Capsule Issue ... Do we put a Capsule in her (we about a third of the way with completing one) or, do we put the Capsule in a new hull (which we might well choose to do)? 2. We are now spinning the motor at 7,400 RPM's with the 250 shot and I don't want to spin her up much more than 7,900 to 8,000 RPM Max. (I would prefer to have the motor run/race between 6,800 & 7,500 RPM for maintenance & survivability reasons) ... So, to go quicker we're going to have to move more water for more thrust ... meaning a new pump setup (which we might, could well do).
All this, and more, is being thought out and discussed in our 'Camp' ... what we'll ultimately decide is ????? After All, we're talking about a "BOAT" ... All we need to do is "Break Out Another Thousand".
Currently, we plan to make at least two more Races this year before deciding what to do over the Winter Break.
Hope this gives you an idea of where we are and 'kinda' what we're thinking.

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 11:02 AM
"UBFJ, if yours is the boat I am thinking of, that baby is a profiler running something like 570 and change cubic inches."
'Ms. MoneyPenny' is a 565 Cubic Inch DNE Motor ... She is a Very Well Thought Out & Put Together Piece.

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 11:34 AM
She's now an open boat so we're faced with the Capsule Issue ... Do we put a Capsule in her (we about a third of the way with completing one) or, do we put the Capsule in a new hull (which we might well choose to do)?
What are the current MPH and ET rules that require a capsule for the IHBA and NJBA?

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 11:53 AM
IHBA - 7.70 Seconds, NJBA - 145 mph

WannabeRacing
07-12-2006, 12:42 PM
So, basically;
If this guy put a little plate system on top of the d port manifold on his ebay boat, and took it to a NJBA race, he would get sent home and told to put a capsule in it.
And yeah, I remember your engine deal. Did you not have a problem with one of the very early RayFranks castings, and had it worked out with the second heads, er something like that. It has been a few years since I spoke with you, but I remembered something like that. Nice bullet in that thing. I wish you the best.
I am a 565 man as well. Great little combo.

old rigger
07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
There is no chance in hell that boat would ever see 130 mph even with that Schmitt motor above, now way in hell !!!!!!!!!!
I cant believe some of you guys are actually considering that the engine made that kind of power.
1235 hp is alot of HP.
Not being an engine builder, I can't comment on how much HP the guy's engine's pumping out. It's a moot point with this boat anyway.
Cas, Maxipad, cs19 and a few of the others are right to question the hull, it's a fockin Hawaiian for christ sake, and I'm saying that in the nicest way. I built them, the entire time the doors were open at Hawaiian, I worked in the glass dept. The only way a Hawaiian, any model (even the ones we did that had full stringers), could go 130, would be to shoot it out of a very big cannon, throw it off a very tall building or drag it behind a very fast tow vehicle.
With all the fine hulls that are out there to choose from, all the history and effort and testing and blood & sweat, the state of the art lamanation, and years of trial and error that went into the building of these fine boats, this guy is gonna try to blow smoke up our holes by saying his boat, which has none of these things, can run 130? He's smoking crack. Hawaiian's were what they were, an entry level family boat, and should always be treated as such. Guy wants to make his Hawaiian run better, re-set the crooked intake, build a stout engine, make it run 80 (maybe), re-gel it, cool. That's what old boats are for, but to say it'll run 130? :rolleyes:
There's good reason no one has bid on it.
Oh, by the way, that bottom is based on one of the old Hornet bottoms. It also had a pretty cool dash in it when new, it came with built in gauge bezels. I not sure if the formica dash in there now, not a factory option, is better or not than the original, but at 130 who's lookin at the dash anyway?

Taylorman
07-12-2006, 01:34 PM
Not being an engine builder, I can't comment on how much HP the guy's engine's pumping out. It's a moot point with this boat anyway.
Cas, Maxipad, cs19 and a few of the others are right to question the hull, it's a fockin Hawaiian for christ sake, and I'm saying that in the nicest way. I built them, the entire time the doors were open at Hawaiian, I worked in the glass dept. The only way a Hawaiian, any model (even the ones we did that had full stringers), could go 130, would be to shoot it out of a very big cannon, throw it off a very tall building or drag it behind a very fast tow vehicle.
With all the fine hulls that are out there to choose from, all the history and effort and testing and blood & sweat, the state of the art lamanation, and years of trial and error that went into the building of these fine boats, this guy is gonna try to blow smoke up our holes by saying his boat, which has none of these things, can run 130? He's smoking crack. Hawaiian's were what they were, an entry level family boat, and should always be treated as such. Guy wants to make his Hawaiian run better, re-set the crooked intake, build a stout engine, make it run 80 (maybe), re-gel it, cool. That's what old boats are for, but to say it'll run 130? :rolleyes:
Oh, by the way, that bottom is based on one of the old Hornet bottoms. It also had a pretty cool dash in it when new, it came with built in gauge bezels. I not sure if the formica dash in there now, not a factory option, is better or not than the original, but at 130 who's lookin at the dash anyway?
And now you know the rrrrrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeest of the story.

Cs19
07-12-2006, 01:55 PM
LMAO. Good post O.R.

MAXIMUS
07-12-2006, 02:54 PM
HATER! :yuk: :rolleyes: :messedup:

old rigger
07-12-2006, 03:13 PM
HATER! :yuk: :rolleyes: :messedup:
Hater?
Oh that's right. I forgot you have that wood deck Hawaiian you run in the vintage class. Sorry 'bout that. :(

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 05:27 PM
"And yeah, I remember your engine deal. Did you not have a problem with one of the very early RayFranks castings, and had it worked out with the second heads, er something like that. It has been a few years since I spoke with you, but I remembered something like that."
Yepper, That's Us ... The Radius Cut on the odd side was too close and we blew the head apart between 5 & 7 and behind 7 on the Dyno ... Ray Frank supplied us with another head, but, would not pay for the head work that we'd had done ... cost me just under $ 2k (I'm still not happy with that and I don't Forget ... I think Ray Frank was running out of Dollars as it had cost quite a bit for him to design and make the head molds ... plus there were a few more radiusing mistakes made that he had to replace ... my suspicion is ... enter Steve Schmidtt and he bailed Ray Frank Out by buying the Rights to the Design and the molds ... Just my Guess). In any case, I'm glad Steve has the heads now and is making them availabe to us Racers ... I have confidence in his QA/QC Procedures and his Products.

BigBlockOldsJet
07-12-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm glad Steve has the heads now and is making them availabe to us Racers
I think he makes them available to anybody with the money.
Steve Schmidtt
If he is such a good friend, you might want to spell his name correctly.

UBFJ #454
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Didn't say he was a Friend though I know him ... Said the Quality Control of his Shop was Good ... and yes a Typo ... So ..... ?

superdave013
07-12-2006, 08:42 PM
So, basically;
If this guy put a little plate system on top of the d port manifold on his ebay boat, and took it to a NJBA race, he would get sent home and told to put a capsule in it.
Nope, more like you are the # 8 qualifier for the 12 second class! you know, 12.99 et with 2 300hp plates. lol
Great e bay find guys!!

Cas
07-12-2006, 09:34 PM
The only way a Hawaiian, any model (even the ones we did that had full stringers), could go 130, would be to shoot it out of a very big cannon, throw it off a very tall building or drag it behind a very fast tow vehicle.
that's not even going to happen....it's on a single axle trailer!
byw, it looks like they ended the auction early

Cs19
07-12-2006, 11:20 PM
The Radius Cut on the odd side was too close and we blew the head apart between 5 & 7 and behind 7 on the Dyno
Ive been reading about this stuff on other high perf. message boards, sounds you and M. Miller were not the only ones who had problems with them. I didnt see anything about them fixing the problems on the other sites but I think I remember you telling me the problems have been delt with and they no longer crack, is that correct?
See you in Sept Jak, cant wait to race again, I havent raced since F'bird. :mad:

MudPumper
07-13-2006, 12:02 AM
p/s you need 10,000 hp and a golden billet impeller and wonka has to be driving it in a river of chocolate
Forget all this other B/S, did nobody catch the funniest post ever??????
ROTFLMFAO :rollside:

SmokinLowriderSS
07-13-2006, 02:51 AM
Dayum! You're right, I missed that one, and it was worth scrolling back for. LMAO

WannabeRacing
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Not only did I catch that post. I ended up cleaning off my monitor after reading it.
And yes, the Profiler heads have been refined and are fixed. They will take a good beating and make good power.

UBFJ #454
07-13-2006, 09:19 AM
Chris -
It is my understanding that the initial design flaw that caused our problem was corrected some time ago.
May I get Link(s) to the other site(s) on which you've found discussion of the Pro-Filer's? Don't want to post anything ... Just interested in reading what's been/being said.
Lastly, do you have a copy of the Hot Rod in which the build of your motor was featured? If you need one I have an extra copy you can have.
Not sure about September's NJBA ... Could happen? Right now thinking about October to set up for the World Finals here ... At this point, pretty much you'll know we're there when you see us.

Cs19
07-13-2006, 09:50 AM
i dont have any links saved on that stuff but there is talk all over the web about that stuff. Most of the racing engine message boards have all sorts of talk about those engine combinations.Ill see if i can remember where some of that stuff was and PM you.Ive got a copy of that mag somewhere, thanks anyways.
World Finals is a go for sure, I really liked it there the last 2 times I came over, DEFINATLY be there for WF in Nov.
CS

lilrick
07-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Doc
I'll bet you $1,ooo cash MONEY your boat will not run 130 mph

Taylorman
07-13-2006, 10:13 AM
i dont have any links saved on that stuff but there is talk all over the web about that stuff. Most of the racing engine message boards have all sorts of talk about those engine combinations.Ill see if i can remember where some of that stuff was and PM you.Ive got a copy of that mag somewhere, thanks anyways.
World Finals is a go for sure, I really liked it there the last 2 times I came over, DEFINATLY be there for WF in Nov.
CS
What month was your engine in Hot Rod? Is it your new engine?

Cs19
07-13-2006, 10:25 AM
check pms.

MAXIMUS
07-13-2006, 12:52 PM
I'll bet you $1,ooo cash MONEY your boat will not run 130 mph
you mean 1 meallian doolars... :messedup:

old rigger
07-13-2006, 01:00 PM
Maxipad, just saw your boat in that little video in the v-drive board from Idaho, very cool. Looked like you guys were honkin'. :)

MAXIMUS
07-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Maxipad, just saw your boat in that little video in the v-drive board from Idaho, very cool. Looked like you guys were honkin'. :)
buisness as usual... :D Are you gonna make it to long beach??? If so I will introduce myself again! :rolleyes: :D

old rigger
07-13-2006, 05:28 PM
buisness as usual... :D Are you gonna make it to long beach??? If so I will introduce myself again! :rolleyes: :D
I'll be there. Always a great day watching the boats run.
You didn't introduce yourself last year, just took my 20 bucks for a shirt, which I found out later was double the going rate for every other spectator in the stadium, (hey, I have it on right now) turned and walked away. I'm saving up for a new one, so I hope you bring some down with ya. Whatcha think, 40 bucks a piece this year? :)