PDA

View Full Version : broken tow hook on front of boat while towing

wickedfab
07-10-2006, 11:52 AM
this past weekend i pulled up to camp and the hook up front broke. why would this happen...trailer flex??? just fatigue sp?
heres the boat

wickedfab
07-10-2006, 11:56 AM
:)

olbiezer
07-10-2006, 01:32 PM
same thing happened to another guy on here a month or so ago......its a bitch to fix is all i know......either a hole in the top deck to get to it or crawl up under it..........good luck...... :)

moneysucker
07-10-2006, 02:25 PM
Install a cut in flip up bow eye light. The good news is the hole should be large enough to get your hand thru to insatll a new bow eye with whatever backing it will require.
http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=3478
Cy

riverbound
07-10-2006, 02:31 PM
Had the same thign happen to me about a month ago. the original one was a cast piece. I bought a new pice that was solid. and muc stronger. luckily I had my little cousin around so I made him crawl up under the bow.

JAY4SPEED
07-10-2006, 02:46 PM
Install a cut in flip up bow eye light. The good news is the hole should be large enough to get your hand thru to insatll a new bow eye with whatever backing it will require.
http://www.cpperformance.com/detail.aspx?ID=3478
Cy
Thats exactly what I did and it worked out great. The hole you cut out is just big enough to fit my big ole paw through to get at the back of the bow eye.
Jay

shaun
07-10-2006, 03:11 PM
you guys are crazy, cut a hole in the boat for a light!!! :cry:
I dont need no stinkin light ;) haha

olbiezer
07-10-2006, 04:17 PM
just rent riverbounds cousin its better then cutting a hole........thats the last resort for me :) :)

jtmarten
07-10-2006, 06:11 PM
Had to replace mine with a longer one to use the Boat Buddy. Having kids old enough to thread a nut is a big plus at times like that!

squirt
07-10-2006, 06:41 PM
Just did mine 3 weeks ago, removed nos bottle, removed foot pedal, cut out "ski locker" belly crawled up with a light and bingo. Mines an 18' bubble deck so profile is pretty much the same as yours, and if thats you in the pick then I'd say your gonna fit a little easier than I did :) . If you've got foam in there then there will be a few more hours of digging, helped do one of those earlier this year.
Good luck, Don

kcsteck
07-11-2006, 10:35 AM
i just did mine like month ago and it sucked. was foam under deck took me 4 days to get to it.needless to say I didnt put the foam back. if you dont have foam piece of cake! probably happened cause your boat bounces alot on the trailer. i since have installed one of those rubber rollers under bow on trailer and it dont budge now when I tow ir. try that. my 02
Casey