PDA

View Full Version : EMI Exhaust

4trax
07-10-2006, 02:57 PM
What's the correct way to hook up cooling lines? fresh water straight to block or to exhaust? All EMI exhaust pics show a U shaped hose from manifold to risers????

sleekcrafter
07-10-2006, 03:12 PM
if your using them on a jetboat, then run the water thru them first, then to the engine, then from the engine to the risers. Ran a set of Gill BigGuns like that for years with no problems.
Sleek

Nubbs
07-10-2006, 08:53 PM
I have the EMI exhaust on my jet boat too. My water goes from the pump to the manifolds. From the manfolds to the block. From the block to the risers and out the exhaust. I'm also running a Rex thermostat. The setup works good for me.

4trax
07-11-2006, 02:04 AM
Anybody have any pics on how to route these cooling lines? That would be a big help thanks. Or would hurt to leave as is?

4trax
07-21-2006, 06:35 AM
Mine runs from the jet to the block then to the mainifolds then to the heat risers. Is this going to hurt anything and why? I looked at several pics of EMI's and they all showed the U shaped hoses from manifolds to heat risers. Just the same way mine is.

flat broke
07-21-2006, 07:19 AM
4trax,
Different strokes for different folks. Some people prefer to preheat the water before it hits the block, so they run the water to the manifolds first. Some folks want the block to stay as cool as possible (within reason) to help reduce the possibility off detonation, so they run the water to the block first. If it was so bad to run the water to the block first, how have all the open headered boats worked so well for so long? I run lightnings and the exhaust is the last stop before the water leaves the boat. But I also have a setup that requires I keep my cooling temps low. If your setup is working as it sits, no reason to mess with it.
Chris