PDA

View Full Version : Danica in NASCAR?

david_396
07-11-2006, 07:51 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/racing/07/10/danica.nascar/index.html?cnn=yes

funkybunchjr
07-11-2006, 08:03 AM
I can't stand her, she needs to be in demolition derby. (wearing paisties :D )

Warlockjer
07-11-2006, 08:19 AM
Hey, she might do good in the BUSH series :) :)

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 08:25 AM
That or the Craftsman Truck Series.
Hey, she might do good in the BUSH series :) :)

Jordy
07-11-2006, 08:59 AM
I'm waiting for the Danica in Playboy series. :D :D :D

voodoomedman
07-11-2006, 09:14 AM
Toyota's coming next year so why not? Nascar is becoming money car very very quickly!
I'm not really against women drivers though it's not really like Football or something. Hey it would be real cool to see a tampon change along with a tire change at a pit stop. :D

Tom Slick
07-11-2006, 09:19 AM
I think what is even bigger news then Danica to NASCAR is Juan Pablo Montoya quiting F1 at the end of this season and going to drive for Chip Ganassi in NASCAR in 2007. NASCAR is becoming a who's who of motor racing.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 09:20 AM
Most definitely would be good in that series.

Hardly Satisfied
07-11-2006, 09:20 AM
the guys will run over her . there are to many races in nascar in the season

cdog
07-11-2006, 09:23 AM
She's a half assed driver that is only there because of looks. It's the series desperate attempt to reach a female audience and tap more $$$. She sucks. :yuk:

core attitude
07-11-2006, 09:26 AM
You'll have to wait for the boob job..........
http://fernandoalonso.bitacoras.com/images/danica_patrick_hot.jpg

CHEETAH24
07-11-2006, 09:28 AM
[QUOTE=core attitude]You'll have to wait for the boob job..........
http://fernandoalonso.bitacoras.com/images/danica_patrick_hot.jpg[/QUOTWomen with small ones need some lovin too..

core attitude
07-11-2006, 09:31 AM
[QUOTE=core attitude]You'll have to wait for the boob job..........
http://fernandoalonso.bitacoras.com/images/danica_patrick_hot.jpg[/QUOTWomen with small ones need some lovin too..
I like'm small.........Playboy doesn't. :rollside:

riverracerx
07-11-2006, 09:44 AM
She can drive my stick! :p

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 09:46 AM
She definitely has some sex appeal.

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-11-2006, 10:22 AM
She definitely has some sex appeal.
Most women would with airbrushing and tons of makeup. Dont get me wrong she is a looker. But doesnt look like that pic getting in her race car. As far as her moving to Nascar, I do not blame her one bit. It's where the $$$$$$$$ is. Same goes for JPM, He's a teenager in the Nascar series. He can race for another 20 years if he wants. Look at Mark Martin. That guy is a Sr citizen. A guy like JPM can make up to 10 million a year in nascar, do the math. They are both genius for making the move.

Tom Slick
07-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Most women would with airbrushing and tons of makeup. Dont get me wrong she is a looker. But doesnt look like that pic getting in her race car. As far as her moving to Nascar, I do not blame her one bit. It's where the $$$$$$$$ is. Same goes for JPM, He's a teenager in the Nascar series. He can race for another 20 years if he wants. Look at Mark Martin. That guy is a Sr citizen. A guy like JPM can make up to 10 million a year in nascar, do the math. They are both genius for making the move.
Danica making more money in NASCAR is true, but JPM makes tons more in F1. Some are thinking that now that Toyota is in NASCAR that Honda is right behind them, so that would make financial sence for JPM, as I'm sure Ganassi is first in line for a Honda deal.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 10:37 AM
Honda is definitely working on a NASCAR Program. I tried to get a job at the facility in the Valencia Industrial District but they wanted someone with an automotive background and I have always been in aerospace. Was hoping they wanted someone with my experience in composite design.
Danica making more money in NASCAR is true, but JPM makes tons more in F1. Some are thinking that now that Toyota is in NASCAR that Honda is right behind them, so that would make financial sence for JPM, as I'm sure Ganassi is first in line for a Honda deal.

Magic34
07-11-2006, 10:55 AM
I think what is even bigger news then Danica to NASCAR is Juan Pablo Montoya quiting F1 at the end of this season and going to drive for Chip Ganassi in NASCAR in 2007. NASCAR is becoming a who's who of motor racing.
This is what I was going to post as well. This guy can drive!!!

Schiada76
07-11-2006, 11:40 AM
Until she can provide results like Melanie and Angelle she's just a poser. :crossx:

Rexone
07-11-2006, 11:50 AM
She's a half assed driver that is only there because of looks. It's the series desperate attempt to reach a female audience and tap more $$$. She sucks. :yuk:
If she's a half ass driver she's better than all the less than half ass drivers that finish behind her. :)
Why is it no one gives all the male drivers who don't win and haven't won a race and are working their way up a bunch of shit?

Tom Slick
07-11-2006, 11:51 AM
As much as I love NASCAR, They are totally destroying what got them to the pinnacle thier now on.
Toyota's, Honda's, Nissan's DO NOT Belong in NASCAR, if so they need to change it to IASCAR, that would be International, not national, since when does a Camray, Altima or Accord come with a V8 ?? That used to be a rule in nascar that the mfg had to produce x amount of cars to compete, i.e. with a V8 !!! They need to go back and run Stock bodied cars, the car of "tomorrow" really will appeal to the "import" crowd with the stupid wannabe "wing", and then thiers the front end "splitter", those you see on the world class touring race series cars, so does that mean I could bring my V8 powered BMW or Mercedes, with "rear wheel drive" to nascar??
Nascar should have gone to Canada before mexico, Cascar is a series based on nascar, mexico has "nada" !!!
Danica will be a joke in nascar, only for publicity, look at Erin Crocker, she done anything !! No!!!, The female that should have a shot is Shawna Robinson, with an Evernham car she probably would have placed much higher.
Nascar will screw up the series within 5 years, you watch.............
Not busting your balls here or anything, but aren't all of these Japanese brands of automobiles actually manufactured in factories right here in America? Also, I believe that the Ford model that the Ford backed teams are running is the Ford Fusion, which is not available with a V-8. Also, Erin Crocker just ran 2nd at the Kansas ARCA race a week or so ago. And if Danica sucks so bad, why does she continually out run her teammate Buddy Rice? She has also qualified well and finished both of the Indy 500's that she's entered, which is much better then a lot of other much more experienced drivers. Again, not trying to start anything, just doing a little bench racing. :D

Desert Rat
07-11-2006, 11:59 AM
Wouldn't she be the SECOND woman of NASCAR??
You all must have forgot about Jeff Gordon..................... :crossx: :crossx:

cdog
07-11-2006, 12:07 PM
If she's a half ass driver she's better than all the less than half ass drivers that finish behind her. :)
Why is it no one gives all the male drivers who don't win and haven't won a race and are working their way up a bunch of shit?
I'm sure some of it is due to funding, $$$ and equipment. She gets more press than the Guy's who win the races. She's a mid pack driver with front of the pack equipment.

Schiada76
07-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Huge $$$$$$$$$$$$ trying to pull more female fans.
Give those guys behind her the same $ and see what pans out.

Mrs.HLB
07-11-2006, 12:15 PM
Wouldn't she be the SECOND woman of NASCAR??
You all must have forgot about Jeff Gordon..................... :crossx: :crossx:
LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magic34
07-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Not busting your balls here or anything, but aren't all of these Japanese brands of automobiles actually manufactured in factories right here in America? Also, I believe that the Ford model that the Ford backed teams are running is the Ford Fusion, which is not available with a V-8. Also, Erin Crocker just ran 2nd at the Kansas ARCA race a week or so ago. And if Danica sucks so bad, why does she continually out run her teammate Buddy Rice? She has also qualified well and finished both of the Indy 500's that she's entered, which is much better then a lot of other much more experienced drivers. Again, not trying to start anything, just doing a little bench racing. :D
Erin can flat out drive. She has great equipment, but she can also drive damn good. At the Kansas race, she raced in the truck race, and literally 10 minutes later she was going around the track in the ARCA car. We didn't even have the pit set up before the green flag in the ARCA race, that's how little time they had between races.
She was on the pole last Friday in Kentucky for the ARCA race until a crash ended her good run.
There are some chicks that can flat out roll in these cars. I was giving our driver some sh*t that he couldn't lose to a girl, but I stood corrected and I wont be talking smack again after watching her drive.

Magic34
07-11-2006, 12:27 PM
One more thing...
Good equipment is about 60%-65% of the battle, but the remaining 40% or so is driver.
Steve Wallace is running all Nextel Cup stuff from daddy's money. His pit crew is as fast as the cup guys, and he doesn't win every race. He is fast but doesn't win every race. Erin finished above Steve in Kansas and Steve had the best equipment out there. Steve finished just above us in the 5th position and we had a broken transmission (no 3rd gear).

Silver
07-11-2006, 12:44 PM
I say...U go girl!
Whatever the reasons....she's there, making money!
She's cute. And yes she is drawing a female crowd. Including me!

BowTie Rick
07-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Interesting to read how you all feel. At work, we started a driver development program this year. We are starting at the bottom, grass roots level, USAC Focus Midgets. Our driver is a 17 year old girl from the Netherlands (Holland). She has never been on an oval before, raced karts for 5 years prior. Our ultimate goal is to go through the ranks with her: full size midgets, Sprint cars, ARCA, Craftsman Truck and so on. We feel that a girl from outside the US may bring more interest and hence, more sponsorship $$ from other companies. So it is interesting to see the JPM move from F1 and now Danica talking about moving to NASCAR. As for our driver, she is 5th in points at the halfway mark with a best finish of 2nd. Here is the car...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/164IMG_2699.JPG
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/164IMG_2761.JPG

USCFAN
07-11-2006, 12:57 PM
The fact that this is even a thread topic is why this is a good move. Some like it and some don't, it brings publicity to the sport. The guys that like her will tune in to see if she is able to win, the one's that don't will tune in to see if she get her a$$ ran off the track. The fact remains she will generate ratings and new viewers, which is what the sport is looking for.

Caljamr
07-11-2006, 01:00 PM
Did someone mention wings will be next on NASCAR.
As noted previously the "different downforce configuration" entails a rear spoiler (Wing?) that "sits up off the deck lid a ways" according to Cup Series Director John Darby. There are no pictures available (See update below) but I presume it's a much smaller version of the old Superbird and Daytona wings of the early 70's, but that's just a guess on my part.
http://www.fastmachines.com/archives/nascar/003408print.php

OhOneWS6
07-11-2006, 01:42 PM
Did someone mention wings will be next on NASCAR.
As noted previously the "different downforce configuration" entails a rear spoiler (Wing?) that "sits up off the deck lid a ways" according to Cup Series Director John Darby. There are no pictures available (See update below) but I presume it's a much smaller version of the old Superbird and Daytona wings of the early 70's, but that's just a guess on my part.
http://www.fastmachines.com/archives/nascar/003408print.php
Pics of the wing do exist. The car was shown during the pre show last week. It's a very ricer looking Carbon Fiber wing. You can kinda see it in the picture in this article. Look at the black car on the bottom.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2006-01-22-toyota-future_x.htm
EDIT: Found more pics. Apparently they are not all CF.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/pgStory?contentId=5243760&pageNumber=1

Outnumbered
07-11-2006, 02:04 PM
http://www.motorpasion.com/archivos/images/danica_patrick_hot.jpg

Outnumbered
07-11-2006, 02:05 PM
http://wizbangblog.com/archives/danica_patrick.jpg

Outnumbered
07-11-2006, 02:06 PM
http://www.hotrod.com/racers/113_0504_danica_01_z.jpg

Tom Slick
07-11-2006, 02:07 PM
From what I've heard lately is that the wing on the "Car of Tomorrow" isn't a sure thing yet and that they may be redesigning the current configuration of the cars shape all together, as well as the wing.

Outnumbered
07-11-2006, 02:08 PM
http://www.clarin.com/diario/2005/06/15/conexiones/danica_patrick04.jpg

Tremor Therapy
07-11-2006, 02:21 PM
I would think that with good equipment JPM is going to have a huge year in NASCAR. Didn't Tony Stewart race open wheel before NASCAR? If I recall he was an extemely competitive driver in that series, and he's got what, 2 championships in Nascar and is in the hunt this year!
Danica hasn't proven anything over the long haul as of yet, and her weight and size definately help her in the open wheel circuit. We'll see.....it is hard to crack the good old boy network, and she'll need allies when it comes to being on the track. I seem to remember a phrase that "rubbing is racing," and god knows that they don't do much rubbing in open wheel, and when they do they end up in the wall!

INFINITEJJ
07-11-2006, 02:21 PM
I don't care what anybody says, Danica IS a race car driver. To boot she is very marketable, which is what any sponser is looking for. AGAIN SHE CAN DRIVE, at least better than Crash Gordon could when he let the Busch series to go to cup cars. She will do okay.
As for the import brands, it should only be american cars. I don't give a shit where they are made. The way they wrote the rules along time ago is the way it should be today!
The car of the future, please dont get me started. F the ricer wing. I do want to see the closer racing, but i'm not sure i can choke down the drfiting B.S. coming over to the sport I love. I understand the aero problems they are having to put on an exciting race, but there has to be a better way.
THIS IS JUST MY OPINION I COULD BE WRONG!

Tom Slick
07-11-2006, 02:43 PM
Tom Slick, you are right, the Monte Carlo, Fusion are technically front wheel drive cars, which is wrong in itself, the cgarger is the only rear wheel drive, i believe.
I'm just tired of nascar and thier money driven political correctness !!! Man or Woman if you earn the job of driving, then drive !!! Kelly Sutton should get more kudo's than Erin, just my opinion.
Thier gonna turn nascar into a joke, while they want new younger viewers in the sport there driving out all of us diehards with there stupid antics, especially all the "DEBRIS" Cautions, 90% are so they can get a commercial in.
500 mile race and your lucky on tv to see 1/3 of the race.
Long live NHRA !!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you on a number of things, especially the political correctness B.S. that has become NASCAR. I feel that there is room in the series for a couple of foreign drivers like Juan Montoya and a couple of hot chicks as well. It is good for the sport to diversify, but running the veteran drivers out in favor of the younger drivers is not going to work. The sport needs young guns, wiley vets, a foreigner or two and some chicks to garner the interest of a wide range of fans. This will only help to build the sport, but like you said, they need to get back to the roots with the rules and let these guys race hard, because it's the B.S. officiating that is going to kill it and turn it into PussyCar!
Heck, I'd rather watch paint dry then watch NASCAR anyway, but I guess if Danica makes the switch I might have to tune in once in awhile to check her out! ;)
Long live the NHRA and good old fashioned dirt track Sprint Car Racing!

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 03:01 PM
Can only wish NASCAR would go back to their roots and race cars that you could actually buy at the local dealer.
Long live the old Monte Carlo. Here is a picture of my '87 Aero Coupe.

WaTchTheGelCoat
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
Long live the NHRA and good old fashioned dirt track Sprint Car Racing!
Amen Brother!
And Go Karts, so I can still eat.

JustDawn
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
...Erin Crocker is the ONLY female to EVER win a World of Outlaws sprint car feature...that in and of itself is pretty amazing...Going against the likes of Kinser,Lasoski,Swindell,Schatz,etc.,makes her a racer just for being able to hold her own against that bunch.
Anyone care to watch no-holds barred,real racing,needs to see a dirt track Sprint Car race...LIVE.That is about as good as it gets.... :cool: (PlayDeep)

Tom Slick
07-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Amen Brother!
And Go Karts, so I can still eat.
I see that you're from Palm Springs...Do you work for SSC?

Tom Slick
07-11-2006, 03:55 PM
...Erin Crocker is the ONLY female to EVER win a World of Outlaws sprint car feature...that in and of itself is pretty amazing...Going against the likes of Kinser,Lasoski,Swindell,Schatz,etc.,makes her a racer just for being able to hold her own against that bunch.
Anyone care to watch no-holds barred,real racing,needs to see a dirt track Sprint Car race...LIVE.That is about as good as it gets.... :cool: (PlayDeep)
Shoot, I forgot about her Sprint Car back ground...You're right, this chick can drive. Sprint Cars have to be the toughest cars to get around the track and with 800hp, 1200lbs and changing track conditions you've got to have it together. If you can beat the best in the dirt, you've got skills.
Without a doubt Sprint Cars are the best racing to watch. It's always non stop, edge of the seat action. NASCAR should change the format to that of Sprint Cars and have heat races and then a main event. Inverting the field is always exciting too. I think the only NASCAR race that has any excitement is that deal they do in Charlotte every year, I think it's the ALL-STAR race now.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Sprint Car Racing definitely is exciting and makes for some good race action. I remember when we used to have ASCOT race track in Gardena.

Tom Slick
07-11-2006, 04:15 PM
Sprint Car Racing definitely is exciting and makes for some good race action. I remember when we used to have ASCOT race track in Gardena.
ASCOT was goodtimes, at least we still have Perris and Ventura.