PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Inn or ?

SD MIKEY
07-11-2006, 07:54 AM
Was thinking about making a trip and looking to stay on the water with the boat. The Nautical Inn was one of our thoughts, anyone have any better Ideas, places to stay?

GRUNION
07-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Try to get a park model at the Islander alot less crime.

Cruzzze
07-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Does the Nautical have alot of crime there?

All IN
07-11-2006, 10:28 AM
I have stayed at the Nautical every other weekend for the last 3 summers and have never had any problems there. By far its the best place to stay in Lake Havsua.

SD MIKEY
07-11-2006, 09:15 PM
Thanks, didn't know if a condo would be better. Sounds like its pretty good.

blackcloud75
07-11-2006, 09:17 PM
PM CMATT21 or www.kingviewscondos.com

patsbrothel
07-11-2006, 09:55 PM
its expensive but so worth it !

moneypit
07-11-2006, 10:39 PM
what does the islander charge per night for their park model rentals??

SD MIKEY
07-12-2006, 07:42 AM
PM CMATT21 or www.kingviewscondos.com
That link didn't work but I figured it out http://www.kingsviewcondo.com/
Its booked the weekend we want, any others?

In2Deep
07-12-2006, 07:45 AM
The Nautical ESTATES condos aren't bad. I stay there when I can't get a room at Nautical Inn. Just around the corner.

catman-do
07-12-2006, 07:54 AM
Ive stayed at the nautical 3 times this summer. Never had anything stolen, however I was taking the boat out of the water every night because I didnt want some jackass in a bayliner to ram it in the middle of the night. I did have one time that someone spilled soda all over the side, looked like they were hanging out in the parking lot at night and probably had it resting on the boat and it fell off. I now put it back in storage every night. Their prices are expensive, but on a holiday weekend its worth it not to have to wait in the launch lines everywhere else.

ViB
07-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Was thinking about making a trip and looking to stay on the water with the boat. The Nautical Inn was one of our thoughts, anyone have any better Ideas, places to stay?
Yeah, ANYWHERE else. We had a credit card issue there a copule years back. Long story, but basically they tried to get paid twice for a room; cash and credit card!
We will never go back there!

SD MIKEY
07-13-2006, 12:53 AM
That doesn't sound like a good deal.

Cruzzze
07-13-2006, 08:55 AM
Just asking a question here, but if you pulled your boat out why would you leave your anchor there?

XClutchboy725
07-13-2006, 08:57 AM
It sounds like he wanted to put back in the next day. He was saving his spot!

Cruzzze
07-13-2006, 09:00 AM
Ok, but is it that full where somebody would see the anchor in the water and know that spot was taken? Just asking......

catman-do
07-13-2006, 09:12 AM
Cruzze- most of the time it is very crowded there and so people leave anchors in the ground (sand pounders). However, you cant "save" a spot until the next day, and a lot of people seem to think they can. then when you pull up on the beach where there anchor has been sitting for 10 hours without a boat connected they get all bent out of shape. Its first come first serve, you walk away from the line and you loose your spot. Ive seen a few heated discussions there about anchors. A person RENTS A ROOM for the night, they dont OWN THE BEACH while they are there. They need signs all over that beach saying that you cant save spots, causes way to many problems like in the channel a few years ago.

BajaMike
07-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Anyone know how much the Kings View Condos are on weekends?

catman-do
07-13-2006, 09:18 AM
If those are the newer ones right on the channel just north of the bridge we stayed there a couple months back for just over 200 per night on the weekend.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-13-2006, 09:26 AM
Overpriced for the type of room they provide you with. The best place in town is my house, but since you can't use that I would agree with a park model at the Islander and then the Nautical Condos.

No Name
07-13-2006, 01:22 PM
Try this.
http://www.vrbo.com/ Lots of Kings View condos for rent.

In2Deep
07-13-2006, 04:40 PM
Cruzze- most of the time it is very crowded there and so people leave anchors in the ground (sand pounders). However, you cant "save" a spot until the next day, and a lot of people seem to think they can. then when you pull up on the beach where there anchor has been sitting for 10 hours without a boat connected they get all bent out of shape. Its first come first serve, you walk away from the line and you loose your spot. Ive seen a few heated discussions there about anchors. A person RENTS A ROOM for the night, they dont OWN THE BEACH while they are there. They need signs all over that beach saying that you cant save spots, causes way to many problems like in the channel a few years ago.
I agree that no one owns the beach. But what I find interesting is that for years there seems to have been a common understanding, interpretation and acknowledgment that the "first come first served" rule applied to beach set-ups for the day. If someone had their EZ-UP, beach chairs, water toys, cooler, etc., and sand-spike there....the spot was "occupied" for the day.
Unfortunately, there were/are many folks that set-up on the beachhead and head-out for the entire day on their boat. The way I"ve seen it work, and using common boater's courtesy, if someone wanted to beach their boat in a vacant but "occupied" spot, and if someone else was obviously set up in that spot, they'd go ahead and beach. When the person whose set-up was there returns, everyone pitches in to "re-arrange" the parking set-up...so everyone's happy an no one is left in the harbor. I still think it could/should work this way.
I think the hardcore "no saving" rule has caused more problems than what existed before. Seems to me that common courtesy has gone down the toilet.
The other thing I notice is that at the beach at the First Cabin Club timeshares, there are lots of non-owners of those timeshares who feel they can set-up on that beach, and try and enforce the new "first come first served" no saving rule -- or some owners invite their 5 friends each having their own boats...and spend the day beached, taking up 5 spots. The signs everywhere there are specific that the beach if for FCC timeshare owners only.
Bottom line, "can't we all just get along" and use common courtesy?