PDA

View Full Version : F'n Thieves ! Help Wanted

THATJEFFGUY
07-11-2006, 03:35 PM
So I had a sewer/stitcher that has worked for me for the last 3 years making my canopies and prop covers. He has a slight attendance problem, but he does awesome work. I've had my suspicions that he's been stealing from me, so I finally decided to drop by his house yesterday when I thought he had taken some items home. Sure enough, he had his own little side canopy business going...at my expense. He wasn't home, so I took a few pics of the stolen goods, and proceeded to take my property back without him knowing. When he showed up for work today, I confronted him about some "missing inventory", and of course he denied it. Well, after seeing the pics that were taken at his house, he was speechless. Needless to say he had about 3 minutes to get his crap together and hit the road, unless he wanted his ass kicked. Damn I hate f'n thieves !! :mad: So here's my dilemma, now I'm without a stitcher and have several jobs that need to be finished, but I refuse to keep a thief on the payroll ! Does anyone know of a good sewer/stitcher/seamstress looking for work ?? PM me if you can help, I'm kinda desperate :cry:

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 03:39 PM
You did the right thing. Hopefully you will find someone.

THATJEFFGUY
07-11-2006, 04:00 PM
You did the right thing. Hopefully you will find someone.
Yeah I think so too. But it really sucks for my customers that already have canopies and prop covers on order. I've always strived for great customer service, so I hate to get a bad name ! :cry:

AZKC
07-11-2006, 04:03 PM
Maybe you could Sublet the stitching out to someone for a bit till you find somebody, just a thought :idea:

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 04:07 PM
Can only hope one small delay wont give you a bad name.
You might want to call the local unemployment office and see if they have someone they can recommend.
Yeah I think so too. But it really sucks for my customers that already have canopies and prop covers on order. I've always strived for great customer service, so I hate to get a bad name ! :cry:

BigDoug
07-11-2006, 04:10 PM
Did you turn him in to the authorities (sp) ?

XFactor
07-11-2006, 04:11 PM
Where are you located? There's about 40 people in the building next to mine running sewing machines all day. With the recent heat it's been kind of a "sweat shop" over there. :D

DeeCandyBar
07-11-2006, 04:27 PM
why didn't you report him to the police?

SOCALDETAIL1
07-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Funny you give someone a job and they F you! Jeff you oughta make them sign contracts from now on. Mark

Hotcobra270
07-11-2006, 04:44 PM
man... sorry to hear that...
Good honest work is hard to find..
I think you'll find someone good though

THATJEFFGUY
07-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Maybe you could Sublet the stitching out to someone for a bit till you find somebody, just a thought :idea:
Yeah I'm currently looking to do that temporarily.
You might want to call the local unemployment office and see if they have someone they can recommend.
I thought of that, and had a couple friends that went that route to hire employees...it didn't work out. Typically the people at the EDD office don't wanna work anyway, they make more on EDD !
Did you turn him in to the authorities (sp) ?
Nah..too much hassle, plus I took some of my stuff back anyway. I truly brlieve im karma, so he'll get his :cool:
Where are you located? There's about 40 people in the building next to mine running sewing machines all day. With the recent heat it's been kind of a "sweat shop" over there. :D
My shop is in the ghetto...San Bernardino. Where is this "sweat shop" you speak of ?
Funny you give someone a job and they F you! Jeff you oughta make them sign contracts from now on. Mark
A contract not to steal from me ? I wish it was that easy !

Ziggy
07-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Try local Temp Agencies.........I'm sure they'd have someone capable to fill in for the short term, and if they're good you can buy them from the agency as full timer.

jbtrailerjim
07-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Ahhh yes...The joys of owning your own business. Having employee's rip you off really sucks. I've had a lot of stuff ripped off from me over the years by employee's. Knock on wood. I've been really lucky with the group of guys I have working for me now but I feel your pain. You did the right thing by firing him. I would have called the cops though and pressed charges against the cocksucker.
Good trustworthy employee's are tough to find.

unleashed
07-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Call him back and tell him to work for free the next week or so until the jobs are finished. If he doesnt...tell him youare going to press charges and that you will turn the video in to the police!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Jeff- My father in law was in textiles all his career. He sold industrial sewing machine parts to everyone from LA to San Diego. I'll ask him who he knows. My feeling is that all of his guys are retired like him and all his customers are fairly large. But ya never know.
i think you'd have a good shot at finding a local shop to take over. From what i know, all this type of biz has gone to China so the shops may need the work.

core attitude
07-11-2006, 05:15 PM
If I had an order in and it was delayed because of this, I would understand. If this was a concern, I would give my customers who are waiting a heads up so they know what is going on. I would think they would respect you keeping their future reorder cost down by ridding yourself of your source of lost materials.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 05:57 PM
I would be the same with understanding and would be greatful you were honest with me about the reason for the delay.
If I had an order in and it was delayed because of this, I would understand. If this was a concern, I would give my customers who are waiting a heads up so they know what is going on. I would think they would respect you keeping their future reorder cost down by ridding yourself of your source of lost materials.

Rexone
07-11-2006, 06:53 PM
Funny you give someone a job and they F you!
yeah that's no shit. Oh the stories I could tell :)
refer to sig.

Jrocket
07-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Hit up the small auto upholstery shops and see if anybody wants to work part time in the afternoon,that would atleast keep you going until you got something better going.

RitcheyRch
07-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Excellent idea.
Hit up the small auto upholstery shops and see if anybody wants to work part time in the afternoon,that would atleast keep you going until you got something better going.

ThongMagnet
07-11-2006, 10:17 PM
Find a company that does great work like yours, and has a great reputation. Hire their best guy.
Usually if you do not want to approach them yourself, there are "head hunters" that will do it for a small fee. Head hunters are the business worlds "Big secret" to gaining good employees.
Invest in a video camera system and have it installed where all your employees can see it. That will deter stealing. :rollside:

Hardly Satisfied
07-12-2006, 02:28 AM
that sucks sorry to hear