PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Wear Ring Install ? Loose

TJS
07-11-2006, 05:36 PM
I am putting together a Berk JG with a dominator impeller(std size). I am follwing the instructions and it shows tapping the wear ring into the housing with a mallet. Well mine just goes in by hand with no tapping at all, it just slides in real easy. Yes the housing is perfectly clean. Do I have the wrong size. Is this OK ? I mocked up the impeller and set the clearance and got .028" without any shims and the nut on. Thanks for the help.
T.J.
www.tjsperformance.com

Ken F
07-11-2006, 05:58 PM
TJ, why don't you just call Duane and get it from the horses mouth?
Ken F

TJS
07-11-2006, 06:00 PM
Yup I will tomorrow.
T.J.

blown428fe
07-11-2006, 06:26 PM
T.J. - The wear ring in my other boat was shimed in with what looked like aluminum flashing. Not sure if that was correct,but never had a problem.

shaun
07-11-2006, 06:28 PM
the wear ring should go in tight, as you put it in it will compresses down .250"
At least thats what my instructions duane gave me said, give him a call.

Duane HTP
07-11-2006, 06:33 PM
The wear ring should go in pretty tight. I can start them by hand, but it usually takes a mallet to finish the job. Has the old ring ever turned in the housing? I am wondering if we shipped a wear ring for the old style Dominator, they are a few thousandths smaller.

TJS
07-11-2006, 06:45 PM
Not sure about the old one Duane. I can just place it in by hand, it just slips in without any force at all. I will call you tomorrow. The old one never spun. It was tighter than a clams ass to get it out.
Thanks.
T.J.

Duane HTP
07-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Yes, please do. That's not right. call me right now if you want. 316-794-8616

Duane HTP
07-11-2006, 07:58 PM
Thanks for the call. We'll take care of you in the morning.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Glad to hear its working out. Duane has very good customer service;);)

watergun4u
07-11-2006, 10:26 PM
just wondering, if you ar putting the ny liner in with the wear ring if not thats your problem i belive,, just a thought!

watergun4u
07-11-2006, 10:29 PM
just wondering, if you ar putting the ny liner in with the wear ring if not thats your problem i belive,, just a thought!

TJS
07-12-2006, 03:58 AM
Wow. Talk about customer service. 11pm EST I am talking with him on the phone.
Watergun4U-- the ultimate wear rings do not use a ny liner.

SmokinLowriderSS
07-12-2006, 04:17 AM
There is no liner of any sort on an Ultimate Wear Ring. It's a solid, 1-piece item. I just installed my seccond one over 16 years.

IMPATIENT 1
07-12-2006, 04:58 AM
Glad to hear its working out. Duane has very good customer service;);)
YES HE DOES, ALWAYS GIVES ME GREAT ADVISE, PARTS, AND SERVICE!

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-12-2006, 10:42 AM
Well since I just got this interesting pm I figured that I would post it. He doesnt have the nutz to say it on the forum but he sure wants to say it behind someones back....:mad::mad:
that is great customer service! the guy ****s up an order it's the least he can do when buying top shelf parts. Tom at jetboatperformance wouldnt' do that??
Start anything on fire lately? Maybe thats why you like paying others light bill huh? Funny how you like to look for deals but your pockets indicate otherwise.....
this is a joke. Hey mr rogain..........................BLOW ME!!!!!! Your one lame ass person :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-12-2006, 10:47 AM
YES HE DOES, ALWAYS GIVES ME GREAT ADVISE, PARTS, AND SERVICE!
I feel the same way. But in mr rogains eyes, were all brown nosers..:rolleyes:

IMPATIENT 1
07-12-2006, 10:56 AM
I feel the same way. But in mr rogains eyes, were all brown nosers..:rolleyes:
SEEMED LIKE DUANE JUMPED RITE ON IT AND WAS TRYING TO MAKE THINGS RITE WITH THE DUDE AS FAST AS POSSIBLE,THAT'S GOOD SERVICE TO ME.EVERY __CKS UP SOMETIMES, REAL MEN ADMIT IT AND MAKE THINGS RITE!
I REALLY DON'T GIVE A SHIAT WHAT ROGAINE THINKS OF ME, WHO THE __CK IS HE ANYWAYS?DUANE DOES RITE BY ME AND I'LL TELL EVERYBODY THAT IF I WANT TO, IF THAT'S BROWN NOSING,THEN I'M A BROWN NOSER :p

HotDogz
07-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Mistakes are a unavoidable fact of life. Its how we cope with our mistakes that sets us apart from everyone else.
Humans have an approx. 80% error rate, its how we learn. :cool:

blown428fe
07-12-2006, 07:33 PM
T.J.- What did you figure out with the ring?

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Everyone makes a mistake in life but mr rogaine is oh so perfect........

78CoLe
07-12-2006, 08:45 PM
with one phone call to duane my boat went from 72mph to 79mph and he didnt want me to buy any thing till it quite gaining speed and hole shot then he said well talk and see if what i really need if that aint costumer service show me what is

TJS
07-13-2006, 04:06 AM
T.J.- What did you figure out with the ring?
Duane the man Fed Ex'd one over night. He is pretty sure I got the wrong one. No big deal. I will let you know tonite when I install the ring and the impeller. Hope to get the pump in the boat this weekend.
T.J.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Im glad that it worked out for you tj. I knew duane would take care of it. He is a honest guys and always helps people out. Thats why I enjoy talking to him, he is always down to earth and never bullshits me. Let us know how she runs;)

SmokinLowriderSS
07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
with one phone call to duane my boat went from 72mph to 79mph and he didnt want me to buy any thing till it quite gaining speed and hole shot then he said well talk and see if what i really need if that aint costumer service show me what is
Duane's a good man IMO. Dad & I have dealt with him since the 70's. He's a businessman, and as such, if you insist, he'll be glad to sell ya everything in his inventory, BUT, if you'll talk with him, listen to him, let him help and guide you with his 30+ years of experience, he'll try his best to help you get what you NEED to get where you want to go without wasing either of yours time and money any more than neccissary.
I won't bad-mouth any other pump builders as I have never dealt with them, never have had to. I have a good man local to me that I like and trust, why shop arround. I'm sure there are other well experienced pump builders out there who are equally knowledgable, equally skilled, equally honest, and will be equally glad to take equal care of a customer.
Unlike some folks, I don't grind axes on folks I have never dealt with (name not needed, initials R.O.N.D.A.N.E. :rolleyes: )
TJS, I think you will like the results of the UWR when she is all together. :) Those of us who are running it sure do. I am sure there are some folks who have tried it and didn't like, for whatever reason. Nothing is perfect for everything, but I can't recall very many posts anywhere on several boards from EX-UWR users who were displeased, and it's been arround since the mid to late 80's.

blown428fe
07-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Duane the man Fed Ex'd one over night. He is pretty sure I got the wrong one. No big deal. I will let you know tonite when I install the ring and the impeller. Hope to get the pump in the boat this weekend.
T.J.
Thats cool, good luck.

james
07-15-2006, 10:10 PM
I am putting together a Berk JG with a dominator impeller(std size). I am follwing the instructions and it shows tapping the wear ring into the housing with a mallet. Well mine just goes in by hand with no tapping at all, it just slides in real easy. Yes the housing is perfectly clean. Do I have the wrong size. Is this OK ? I mocked up the impeller and set the clearance and got .028" without any shims and the nut on. Thanks for the help.
T.J.
www.tjsperformance.com
Dont start that engine on the trailer with that wear ring in. If you do kiss your money goodbuy

TJS
07-18-2006, 05:46 AM
Ok, Duane got me the correct impeller wear ring for the old style dom. impeller and new stlye Berk housing. It all fit nice and got the settings right at .025" just as the instructions state.
Now onto another problem. The bowl bushing do not fit in the bore. They are too loose and just fall right through. So now the bowl is shipped to Duane so he can set it up for the grease-able bushings and sleeve. I have a Bridgeport Milling machine but do not have time to make a jig and get the right cutters and such. Thanks again Duane and Hi-tech. You people are top notch.
T.J.