PDA

View Full Version : HTM Memorial Fund

Havasu Hangin'
01-15-2002, 09:09 PM
On Friday, January 11, 2002 the high performance boating family lost four of itÂ’s own. It was a tragic day, and, as someone pointed out, all too familiar to us. Like most people in the forum community, I struggled with how to cope with the loss of our family members.
It was then I realized how close we really are. Many of you I know personally, and many of you remain separated by a keyboard and a monitor. However, through this tragedy, I realized that we are all much closer than we like to admit. United by our passion for boats, and living life to itÂ’s fullest. Unfortunately, four of our brothers will no longer be able to share their passion with us.
Steve Coulombe was the owner of HTM. He was a passionate man when it came to boat building. Constantly striving for perfection, many HTM owners will attest to pride in his boats and making his customers happy. Steve is survived by his wife Lia, and two daughters Sharece (12) and Chelsie (9).
Nelson Brinkman is survived by his wife Danielle and son, little Nelson (5). Currently, since Danielle is a stay at home mom, and has been hit hard by this tragedy.
Ken Lane is survived by his wife Jan, and son Christopher (7).
Chuck Wiseman was MrPumpsHTM on the boards. It was his birthday on Friday, so he asked to come along for the ride as a present. Chuck was not only an HTM owner, but SteveÂ’s friend, as well. Chuck leaves behind a 16 year-old son.
As a way to honor our lost friends, many of us will be proudly wearing “in memory of” decals on our boats and trucks this year. JETBOAT BRIAN has volunteered to donate the decals, which are vinyl (gel coat safe). The decals are 6”x 4” in diameter, and look like this:
http://www.havasubarney.com/genesis/images/barney/HTM_Decal.jpg
Many members have expressed their desire to help the families, so we have set up a Pay Pal and HTM Memorial account to accept donations. Brian, Barney and I are recommending a $10/decal donation, with 100% (minus decal postage) being divided equally among the families. However, you are in no way obligated to donate to get a decal, and ALL donations (of any amount) will be appreciated. Donations (checks) can be sent to:
HTM Memorial Fund
C/O Valencia Bank & Trust
18710 Soledad Canyon Rd.
Canyon Canyon, CA 91351
To get your decal(s), please e-mail JETBOAT BRIAN at Edge931@cs.com. Please include a note with how many, and where you want them sent. Each order will get both a black and a white decal.
Flowers and cards can be sent to:
HTM Boats
11306 Sierra Hwy
Agua Dulce, CA 91390
However, in lieu of flowers, donations will probably be more useful right now.
I would like to ask for everyoneÂ’s help in getting the word out. If you know someone in the boating business (company or individual) who is not on the Internet, please forward this to them. Also, any help with the boating magazines would be appreciated. Feel free to copy this post onto other message boards, or in e-mails.
Also, I will be forwarding your kind words as best I can. Feel free to post your messages in this thread, and I will let the families know. Some kind words in other posts have already reached them, and they really appreciate the thoughts.
Thanks for your help.
Jeff
[updated image link -HB]
[This message has been edited by Havasu Hangin' (edited January 23, 2002).]

RiverDave2
01-15-2002, 09:11 PM
I'll be sending mine tomorrow..
It's good to see that you guys got it going.
RD
[This message has been edited by RiverDave2 (edited January 15, 2002).]

Racing Ray
01-16-2002, 04:30 AM
[This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 12, 2002).]

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-16-2002, 06:14 AM
Ray,every order requested will recieve a black one,and a white one!

riverliver
01-16-2002, 06:40 AM
Great job you guys I also will be sending mine in.
[This message has been edited by riverliver (edited January 17, 2002).]

B-rad502
01-16-2002, 07:36 AM
Thank you so much for doing this you guys! My $$ will be in the mail by next week. It's great to see all the support, this is really a special group of people regardless of how much shit we give each other sometimes! Expect to see a silver Dodge and a 24'(white) Vindicator sporting these stickers this season! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif
Brad

slotracer
01-16-2002, 07:36 AM
looks good my check is on the way
pat

nelsonf
01-16-2002, 07:44 AM
Mine is in the mail you guys are True Good Guys

flat broke
01-16-2002, 07:46 AM
It's times like these that I really have to take a step back from my usual view of humanity and admit that there are still a lot of great people out there. I've seen the term family tossed around the past couple of days and things like this only seem to support that term. Now lets get the family to work and get the word out so we can raise as much money as possible.
Thank you HH, Brian, and anyone else who facilitated this effort.
You guys absolutely rock.
Chris www.liquidaddiction.net (http://www.liquidaddiction.net)

waterbum
01-16-2002, 09:00 AM
The heart of America beats in these forums!!Count the wife and me in.A piece of of our hearts is on its way.

rivercrazy
01-16-2002, 09:02 AM
Ours will go out in the mail tomorrow.
I think its a real testament to people on this board and the boating community that this kind of support is so forthcoming. It's an honor to be associated with all of you fine people.

Inmemoryofken
01-16-2002, 09:24 AM
I would just like to say that your support at a time like this means a great deal to Jan Lane. Services have been scheduled. If you would like information please e-mail me with a phone number where I may contact you.

MrHavasuCat
01-16-2002, 09:43 AM
I will send my donation today. I hope our donations as a whole will make a difference in these families lifes. We cannot bring back the people that were lost, but we can make these times a little easier financially on the families.

RiverDave2
01-16-2002, 09:44 AM
InMemoryofKen, there's no e-mail address in your profile. Could you please post it?
RD

Scooby
01-16-2002, 09:45 AM
JetBoat, the check is in the mail.
Thumbs up to you for getting this started.
Thx Mark.

bohica
01-16-2002, 09:54 AM
HH and Jetboat Brian - great job getting all this together. I have sent a donation through paypal this morning. My thoughts and prayers are with all the family and freinds involved.
Thank you.

Chestah Cheetah
01-16-2002, 12:04 PM
PayPal sent! God bless!

spectras only
01-16-2002, 12:46 PM
HH, I want to send money sometime this week.Do you guys have problem cash in CDN money order?

Havasu Hangin'
01-16-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by spectras only:
HH, I want to send money sometime this week.Do you guys have problem cash in CDN money order?
Hey Spectra's,
No worries...the bank should convert...no problem. Thanks for the contribution- the families really appreciate what we all are doing.

SVO 540
01-16-2002, 07:23 PM
Thanks guys for all the positive effort you are putting into this tragic situation. I am mailing a contribution Thursday and will display the "in memory of" decal with pride and honor of those lost. The decal will be the only one on my boat as I didn't even let DCB put their logo on it.
SVO 540 -

Bad Kittie
01-16-2002, 07:43 PM
Can someone please explain how to send money, step by step through the Pay pal

pgf127rt
01-16-2002, 08:10 PM
BadKittie, if you go to the paypal site and sign up for an account, they will take you through it step by step, I use my bank acct. or credit card to send funds, you will need acct. #'s of each to sign up, it is very easy to do, hope this helps.

MissHBjet
01-16-2002, 08:37 PM
Sent via paypal...will send more next week.

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-16-2002, 08:51 PM
Well I think we had a really good first day. 45 requusts for stickers, all with donations, and most from right here at Hot Boat. I am very proud to be associated with you fine folks. I have responded to some of your emails and some not. That is because Im tired now and 4:30 comes around way too soon so I'll relay this here. I will be starting tomorrow to make the stickers and although they are computer designed and cut they are weeded and finished by hand. This takes alittle time and Ive had a ton of requests ,so please be patient, all will get what they asked for but Im going to mail them out in the order in which they came. I anticipate Ill start mailing first of next week.On behalf of the families involved in this tragedy thank you very much for your generosity.......Brian

JohnwithJm
01-16-2002, 09:37 PM
My check is in todays mail. Great job everyone.

DickDanger
01-16-2002, 10:04 PM
I am kind of choked up after reading all of this. I have never really been an emotional guy, but I really feel for the families and the friends that have been left behind. People that pull together, as we have seen after the terrorist attacks of 9/11, and now this, reminds me that society is not always selfless, and cynical. You can count on me sending in a donation for this. God Bless to everyone that is pulling together for these families. -Dave aka "Dick Danger"

Riverhound
01-16-2002, 10:09 PM
You guys are great people. Mine is on the way. I also sent this page to about ten of my boating freinds to try to drum up some support.

VERDE H.T.M SR-24
01-16-2002, 10:32 PM
My paypal is sent off, the least I can do...for now. Great job guys. Late.

HavasuBarney
01-17-2002, 12:13 AM
I received another 32 requests, some from here and from HB.com.
Thanks everyone!
www.havsubarney.com (http://www.havsubarney.com)

HTM Lady
01-17-2002, 09:58 AM
Havasu Hangin,
This is HTM Lady. Im sure most on the post MrPumps girl. I was unable to read all of the information regarding these stickes trouble thinking. But please I need to get 6 of them .This is for myself and his children and family. I will pay for them but if someone could just e-mail me the info to zygirl@aol.com with the address to send the money. I at this time cant read all of the posts I would really appreciate it. Thanks for everything
[This message has been edited by ***boat (edited January 17, 2002).]

jeff-in-ky
01-17-2002, 10:21 AM
Even though I have never met anyone on this board (hopefully that will change this year) I do feel a kindred spirit with many of you. I want to thank everyone (especially HH & Brian) for all of their work in pulling this together.
My check is in the mail.
JB

Racing Ray
01-17-2002, 10:22 AM
[This message has been edited by Racing Ray (edited March 12, 2002).]

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-17-2002, 11:42 AM
HTM Lady, First off Im very sorry ,as we all are ,about you loss .Someone this morning emailed me and asked for 6 sets for you I dont have his name in front of me, but if you like email me your mailing address edge931@cs.com and I will send them out to you first thing any color any amount just let me know Brian

h2oedits
01-17-2002, 03:25 PM
I'd like to reprint the info on the Memorial Fund and stickers in my column. Sad as this whole thing is, and the entire industry is truly rocked over it, it's great to see people pulling together to help ease the worst time in these four families' lives.
Kevin Spaise
Hot Boat

MrHavasuCat
01-17-2002, 03:34 PM
That is a great idea Kevin. I think you would get alot of response from your column in ***boat.

Chestah Cheetah
01-17-2002, 03:55 PM
Kevin that's an amazing gesture that is sure to garner much needed attention/donations. Hats off to you for your efforts.

RiverDave2
01-17-2002, 03:56 PM
I just wonder if Jet Boat Brian will be able to make that many stickers for free without putting a serious financial commitment on himself.. Vinyl isn't cheap.
RD

MrHavasuCat
01-17-2002, 04:18 PM
I agree, if you need us to kick in some cash let us know.

JETBOAT BRIAN
01-17-2002, 05:08 PM
Dont worry about me! Get the orders coming and I will fill them!

gimprvr
01-17-2002, 05:14 PM
I have succseefully popped my paypal cherry!
(is this appropriate here)?
Kind sounds like I should be on a different board.
In all sincerity I am very glad to help and wish all the best to our fallen comrades and there families

Ultra5150
01-17-2002, 06:02 PM
God Bless the families, you will be in our prayers. It is really touching how everyone has come together. I am proud to be a member (new) to your group.

BADHTMSR24
01-17-2002, 06:05 PM
My check is also in the mail.I am a regular on OSO and have never posted here until tonight.I just wanted to thank everyone responsible for the HTM fUND.I got to meet Steve,Lia and the girls at the 1999 Chicago boat show.I was looking to buy a cat and had heard very little about HTM,but once i seen that SR24 i knew i had to have one,Steve didnt come across as a pushy salesman.I could tell he loved what he was doing and loved his boats and worked hard to get where he was.We worked out a deal and i got my HTM.I got to talk to Steve and Ken alot when it came time for me to broom the stock power and go with big power.I will miss opening my Hot Boat magazine each month to see what kind of big numbers Steve had acheived.God Bless Steve,Ken,Chuck and Nelson.My thoughts and prays are with the families.
Todd

VD CRUISER
01-17-2002, 06:18 PM
Didn't know any of these guys personally, but I feel a tremendous loss. A check is on the way. God Bless the families.

had2bf8
01-17-2002, 07:47 PM
Thank you all for the wonderful support you are sending to the familes of Ken, Nelson, Chuck and Steve. I will be sending something in to get a few stickers for Lia and her family. We at HTM are plugging along but it is hard to fill the whole in our hearts. There is no services set for Nelson or Steve yet. We have 4 boats to sell right now with little work to finish and you pick your motor package. Selling these boats at this time would be a great help to HTM and allow us to keep up and running and continuing to pursue Steve's dreams. Give us a call if you want a really great boat!! Again Thank You from the bottom of our hearts. HTM crew

DAB
01-17-2002, 07:52 PM
It is nice to know that while we all may differ in our opinions as it relates to the type of boat we enjoy, it is great to see everyone pull together as a family during troubling times. Our check is on it's way!!

Badseed
01-17-2002, 08:09 PM
What a GREAT board we have! I may be new but this is the greatest group of people on earth right here. checks in the mail!

HavasuBarney
01-17-2002, 09:18 PM
In an effort to make sure no emails are lost or misplaced, we have set aside a seperate email address just for the HTM decals.
htmdecal@havasubarney.com
We do not get the addresses from paypal, please send name and address. http://free.***boat.net/ubb/smile.gif

Plasticman31
01-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Hey Brian,
After ready Kevins post about printing the information for the fund in Hot Boat Mag, I figured there will probably be a lot of your stickers going out, and a lot of your own material being used. I would like to send you a couple of rolls of vinyl i have. Since your using white and black i have a roll of white that's 24" x 300' and a roll of black that's 15" x 400'. Please e-mail me your address and i will get those shipped out ASAP along with a donation to the fund. I as most of the people on the board have never met the four guy's that have past, but i have been in this sport for a long time and have met a lot of great people like these four that i now call friends. Thanks for everyones hard work and i look forward to receiving and displaying my stickers. Thanks, Kris

Chestah Cheetah
01-17-2002, 10:47 PM
JetboatBrian, as noble as it is for you to bear the cost of producing all of these decals, you shouldn't have to do it by yourself. Please let us somehow chip in and cover the costs together. I'm anticipating that there will be even more demand for them in the coming months when the story is printed in Hot Boat.

warlock25
01-18-2002, 04:40 PM
What a great bunch of people we have on these boards. I sent our check yesterday to help support the families. I wish I could do more. We will continue to send what we can each month to help these families for as long as the fund is open. We know these women and children will continue to need our support for several months to come. Jet Boat Brian Please let us know if you need any financial help, This thing is probably going to get to large for one person to take on all by himself. Yellll if you need help. John & Michele
[This message has been edited by warlock25 (edited January 18, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by warlock25 (edited January 18, 2002).]

H4215
01-18-2002, 05:29 PM
Brian and Jeff I am in awe of your outstanding efforts assisting the families that have lost so much in this tragedy.
I am proud to say I am a member on this board because of the rare breed that congregates here. Some of you I have had the opportunity to meet, and many of you I have conversed with on the various boards. This fund goes to show what I have known for awhile "Good people still exist on this earth, and many of them are easy to find especially when you know where to look; www.***boat.net. (http://www.***boat.net.)
We'll be sending out a check next week to the Memorial Fund, and Brian when you're a little less inundated we'll be ordering a couple stickers; only if you let us pay a fair price for them.
My sincerest condolescences go out the friends and loved ones of these 4 gentlemen, and to the entire HTM Family our prayers and best wishes go out to you during these trying times.

cavey lavey
01-18-2002, 07:16 PM
great people, good times. even in bad times you do great things, one love to everyone. my check is coming, peace.

JLaughreySS24
01-18-2002, 07:18 PM
First, I would like to thank all of you guys and families out there for your generosity and moral support. All of these men would be touched on how we have all come together over this horrible accident. I knew Ken, Steve, and Nelson, but unfortunately did not have the opportunity to have met Chuck. All of these men were wonderful people and will be missed indefinitely by their family and friends. I knew Ken and his family very well and I considered him as my older brother. I say older cause I have a younger brother which Ken knew as well. Ken took me under his wing years back and helped me build the motor that I now have in my HTM. In short, Ken was a very generous person with his time and knowledge. He touched many peoples lives and had that magnetic personality everbody loved. That goes for Steve, Nelson, and Chuck as well. I met Steve and his family when I bought my first SR24. I had bought boat number 26 which was in the early stages of HTM. I now have a SS24 and love it. They are both great products. Steve and his family poured their heart and sole into HTM. Its heart breaking to have such a traggic incident like this happen. I didnt know Nelson as well but had hung out with him up at HTM helping Ken out with whatever needed to be done.
My family and I pray for the families that are grieving from this freak accident. Their friendship and passion for motorsports will be missed forever.
Deepest regards to all,
Jeff Laughrey

Dimarco Kid
01-18-2002, 08:02 PM
Hey Guys, sending love from the East Coast.
We're gonna have a hot boat regatta here in the spring and I'm goin to include HTM in our event. I'll talk to the other members and will get in touch. It will be in June, better late than never. We don't have much going on over here, so this would be our only chance to support the wonderful effort put forth by you guys.
Brian, would you please e-mail me when you have a chance. I know you are probably very busy, my only request is to have HTM decals to proudly display by June. Let me know.
God Bless the families, and god bless ALL hot boaters.
Kevin "Dimarco Kid" Crowley

had2bf8
01-18-2002, 09:38 PM
Hey, Hi to Jeff L. (Ken's friend). He has been great letting us at HTM use his boat for demos when needed...The first person found today was Chuck Wiseman. Don't know if a second was discovered or not. Again thanks to all for helping....HTM Crew

JLaughreySS24
01-18-2002, 10:49 PM
Hey had2bf8, Ken asked me a couple months back if you guys up there at HTM could demo my boat. Like I said, Ken was like a brother to me. Anything I could do up there for Steve was an honor. I looked up to Steve and had a lot of fun visiting and watching HTM grow.
Glad to here about Chuck. Hopefully Steve and Nelson will be found so they all can be laid to rest.

jungle cruise
01-18-2002, 11:26 PM
LA CH 4 NEWS REPORTED THE RECOVERY OF TWO OF THE THREE BODIES MISSING FROM THIS VERY SAD CRASH, they have not said who they are or who is still missing but they are still looking late tonite and may be close in locating the third body hopfully to bring some closure to the familys and loved ones still greaving over this great loss to the boating world. You thought you had alot to think about pitting V hulls to cats, makes this argument seam pitty, our prayers go out to the friends and familys involved

jungle cruise
01-18-2002, 11:43 PM
CASTAIC LAKE — 01/18/02- Searchers at Castaic Lake recovered the bodies of two of three men missing since a high-speed boat crash a week ago, a sheriff's official said.
The bodies were found underwater with help from a Canadian marine salvage company, using 360-degree scanning sonar that mapped objects for closer look by private divers, sheriff's authorities said.
Two bodies were spotted and both were recovered by 8:30 p.m., said Sgt. Richard Cohen. Divers and rescue crews wrapped up the effort tonight and would likely continue to look for the third victim tomorrow, he said.
Four men died while testing the twin-engine prototype. The body of Ken Lane, 41, of La Crescenta, was recovered shortly after the accident.
Coulombe owned High Torque Marine of Agua Dulce; Lane, an employee, built the engines; and Brinkman, also an employee, was an assistant engine builder. Wiseman was a customer and friend of Coulombe's. Searchers at Castaic Lake tonight recovered the bodies of two of three men missing since a high-speed boat crash a week ago today, a sheriff's official said.
The bodies were found underwater with help from a Canadian marine salvage company, using 360-degree scanning sonar that mapped objects for closer look by private divers, sheriff's authorities said.
Two bodies were spotted and both were recovered by 8:30 p.m., said Sgt. Richard Cohen. Divers and rescue crews wrapped up the effort tonight and would likely continue to look for the third victim tomorrow, he said.
Four men died while testing the twin-engine prototype. The body of Ken Lane, 41, of La Crescenta, was recovered shortly after the accident.
Recovered bodies are that of Steve Coulombe, 38, of Agua Dulce; Chuck Wiseman, 47, of Castaic; still missing is the body of Nelson Brinkman, 30, of Phelan in San Bernardino County, according to the sheriff's department.
Coulombe owned High Torque Marine of Agua Dulce; Lane, an employee, built the engines; and Brinkman, also an employee, was an assistant engine builder. Wiseman was a customer and friend of Coulombe's.
Witnesses told sheriff's deputies the 30-foot boat was going about 80 mph when it got some air under the hull and flipped about 1:50 p.m. last Friday, a quarter mile north of the dam. The speed limit on the lake is 35 mph.
Sheriff's homicide detectives were investigating the deaths. Anyone who saw the crash was asked to call detectives at (323) 890-5500

PBwebmaster
01-19-2002, 07:23 AM
To The Hot Boat Community,
I would like to take this opportunity to express my most sincere condolences to the families of this tragedy and to the hot boat community. Having made friends with many in this forum over the past year, I can appreciate the depth of this loss to those who were personal friends of the victims and to those that became friends via this electronic medium. I will be sending a check and will display my sticker in memory of the victims. Also, I will display information about this tragedy on PartyBoating.com and link to the appropriate memorial page. If I can be of any service, or PartyBoating.com can assist with a special memorial section, please have the appropriate representative contact me.
May God Bless The Victims, Families, and Friends.
PBwebmaster
PartyBoating.com

had2bf8
01-19-2002, 11:26 PM
They located Chuck and Steve on Friday. Haven't talked to anyone today to see if they have brought up Nelson. For news of services for Steve check out our web site: hightourquemarine.com. We will put on there all the info and I will also fill you guys in too.

RiverDave2
01-19-2002, 11:43 PM
Do you know if they have any plans of bringing up the boat and engines?
RD

rvrkrew
01-20-2002, 08:57 PM
It is with a heavy heart that we post this condolence to the families and friends of these men. I am sure they will be greatly missed and never forgotten.

LIQUID THERAPY
01-20-2002, 10:35 PM
THIS IS THE FIRST TIME I,VE POSTED. IM A PROUD OWNER OF A SS24. I WAS BLESSED TO GET TO KNOW ALOT OF THE PEOPLE AT HTM. AT A TIME WHEN THINGS ARE SO CONFUSING.ITS GREAT TO SEE PEOPLE IN THESE FORUMS SAYING AND DOING
POSITIVE THINGS AT SUCH EXTREME TIMES.GOD BLESS ARE LOST FRIENDS EVERYBODY AT HTM AND IN THESE FORUMS YOU PEOPLE ARE GREAT.
HOPE TO SEE EVERYBODY AT HAVASU THIS YEAR
DEREK

MellowYelloW
01-21-2002, 03:02 PM
hey guys....I am really sorry to hear what has happened..i just moved back to so cal from grants pass or. i got home monday to hear the news. i spent every weekend out at the lake or the river and saw many beautiful boats from HTM..i will be sending a check in for the familys...once again i am truly sorry and feel your pain.

Outta_Cntrl
01-22-2002, 05:04 PM
Thanks for your help in allowing fellow boaters and family members show our support to our brothers lost in this tragedy.
My prayers go out to the Families and freinds who suffer the losses from this day that will not be forgotten...

Thank You
01-25-2002, 01:13 AM
Thank you to all of you good people. Chuck was my uncle. As his secretary said to me, "I bet you had only one Uncle Chuck". He was unlike anybody I knew or have been around. He lived for the moment and loved to tell us the latest thing, whether it was slot car racing or boating. Chuck was one person that I could count on to surprise me. This past Thanksgiving he came in the house singing rap. "I'm drivin' a six four, cuz I wrapped my Benz around a telephone pole." This without doubt was directed at me because I had crashed my nice car into a telephone pole a couple years ago. He was funny like that. I do miss him.
Just to set the record straight, his birthday was the Wednesday before the crash; and he told several people that he did not want to go on that boat, in fear of the terrific speed it was built to attain. I remember when he came up for my sister's wedding in July and brought his own boat. It was the first time I had seen a boat of that type. After seeing the enormous engine, complete with light show, I had to ask him how fast it could go, partly out of awe and partly out of fear. He told me he had been up to 110 mph, I hardly believed it. That's when he told me, "It'll make you see Jesus". Then I believed it; and now I wish it to be the case for Uncle Chuck as well as Ken Lane, Nelson Brinkman, and Steve Coulombe.
Chuck had two children, Charlie who just turned 17 and Cheyenne who is 10. We all can't thank you enough for having displayed true care.
Ron ron

HTM Lady
01-25-2002, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Thank You:
Thank you to all of you good people. Chuck was my uncle. As his secretary said to me, "I bet you had only one Uncle Chuck". He was unlike anybody I knew or have been around. He lived for the moment and loved to tell us the latest thing, whether it was slot car racing or boating. Chuck was one person that I could count on to surprise me. This past Thanksgiving he came in the house singing rap. "I'm drivin' a six four, cuz I wrapped my Benz around a telephone pole." This without doubt was directed at me because I had crashed my nice car into a telephone pole a couple years ago. He was funny like that. I do miss him.
Just to set the record straight, his birthday was the Wednesday before the crash; and he told several people that he did not want to go on that boat, in fear of the terrific speed it was built to attain. I remember when he came up for my sister's wedding in July and brought his own boat. It was the first time I had seen a boat of that type. After seeing the enormous engine, complete with light show, I had to ask him how fast it could go, partly out of awe and partly out of fear. He told me he had been up to 110 mph, I hardly believed it. That's when he told me, "It'll make you see Jesus". Then I believed it; and now I wish it to be the case for Uncle Chuck as well as Ken Lane, Nelson Brinkman, and Steve Coulombe.
Chuck had two children, Charlie who just turned 17 and Cheyenne who is 10. We all can't thank you enough for having displayed true care.
Ron ron
Ron,
your statement was perfect. I wish there was something I could do to make this easier for your family. I have the CD if you want a copy.Im on the posts all the time I would love for you to stay in touch my e-mail is zygirl@aol.com

***boat
01-25-2002, 04:48 PM
I've been in touch with a niece of Chuck's, and she has been told that he had once appeared in an issue of Hot Boat magazine. Does anyone know what issue/page Chuck appeared in? I've been looking through my mags, but I have not been able to help her so far.

wet and wild
01-25-2002, 04:56 PM
JUST WANT TO SAY GOD BLESS THE 4 BROTHERS THAT ARE BOATING IN HEAVEN.ITS GOOD TO SEE THERE ARE STILL HUMANS OUT THERE WITH A HEART.

MissHBjet
01-29-2002, 10:37 PM
Got our stickers today. They look great!
Thanks Guys,
Windy

Hustler
01-29-2002, 10:45 PM
I've been in touch with a niece of Chuck's, and she has been told that he had once appeared in an issue of Hot Boat magazine. Does anyone know what issue/page Chuck appeared in? I've been looking through my mags, but I have not been able to help her so far.
I know that family performance boat did a write up on the HTM team but I dont think I have ever seen him or his boat in Hot Boat.
Hustler

RiverDave2
01-30-2002, 08:31 AM
***boat, I only have two issues of your magazine at the river house, and I know that Steve and his wife are pictured in one of them.. It's a pretty small write up though.
One issue has a 27 Sabre (LaveyCraft) on the front, and the Other Has an Advantage Victory on the front 32'? Four Bucket seats and a bench behind them. They are in the first quarter of the magazine where you guys were doing some write ups of products at a boatshow if I remember right.
RD

***boat
01-30-2002, 10:06 AM
Hustler's right -- it's the F&PB issue that she was looking for.

waterboy
01-30-2002, 07:32 PM
I got my stickers today, and going to put one on the truck right now.
Thanks to those responsible
shannon

Scooby
02-01-2002, 06:01 AM
Got my stickers today and they look great.
Thanks JetBoat
All my prayers go out to all the families.

boatnam2
02-01-2002, 07:14 AM
we also recieved are stickers thank you very much.they will put on the truck and car this weekend.thanks jetboat im sure your time was greatly appreciated by the families and will help them very much.

Coughlin's Law
02-01-2002, 01:19 PM
Got my HTM memorial stickers last night and 1 is already on my Crew Cab.
Got a few thumbs up cruising up the 5 freeway through Orange County this morning.
Our Boating Brothers will not be forgotten.
Thanks for all involved with this tribute.
-Coughlin

waterbum
02-01-2002, 03:17 PM
Got my stickers.Good job guys!! I will sport them proudly here in Pa.My heart still aches for those most closley affected. Bum

Harlem
02-02-2002, 09:58 PM
I never met or knew anyone that past away that tragic day, but I will gladly send a donation tommorrow to help. Anything to help our fellow boaters! and label my boat with there memory!
God Bless!

badasscat
02-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by JETBOAT BRIAN:
Dont worry about me! Get the orders coming and I will fill them!
Three donations from three guys in North East Florida, are on their way. Please send decals to me and I will deliver. Hugh James, 3330 Byron Road, green Cove Springs, Fla. 32043

jeff-in-ky
02-14-2002, 12:12 PM
There are two article's in the March Hot Boat Mag. about the HTM Tragedy, one by Kevin and one by Bob Brown. They do not shed any new light on the cause, but Kevin does give kudos to the "Cats and Tunnels" segment of the board. "A groundswell of support has taken shape in the Cats and Tunnel segment of our message boards ....... He also mentions the stickers (Jetboat Brian-you better hide because your e-mail address is listed) and the Memorial Fund.
Again I would like to personally add my thank-you to JBB, HH and all the others who contributed in one way or another.

sandblasted
02-14-2002, 10:55 PM
As someone with offices in lancaster and Valencia I frequently travel down Sierra Highway right past the HTM facility..I love looking up the hill at the facility and seeing the boats and wondering what kind of motors and HP they are pushing out..I just went on the SCMA site for the L.A. Boat show info and saw that HTM has a booth this year..As much as i look forward to the boat show it's going to be weird to approach that booth, (if they are there)...What the hell do you say? How much horsepower are you pushing out of that 502?? or just say "you're sorry"? Some how Sorry! doesn't seem to cover it..but it's all I got..Think I'll just pay my respects and move on..Hope the rest of you do the same..

JLaughreySS24
02-15-2002, 09:58 AM
Sandblasted, just to let you know, HTM is not going to be at the boat show. I know what you mean though. My thoughts where the same. Something else that comes to mind. When driving by the Steves place have you ever noticed that the gates were always open? I have been up there a few times and the gates are closed. For good reason of course but its really sad cause we all where always welcome up there!!

sandblasted
02-15-2002, 07:27 PM
It's probably best that HTM is not at the show this year..

Fired Up
02-19-2002, 09:41 PM
I sent mine to an address in Pleasanton, ca. (?) which was an address I pulled from this site. Did It go to the wrong place? Hope not!

Havasu Hangin'
02-19-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by Fired Up:
I sent mine to an address in Pleasanton, ca. (?) which was an address I pulled from this site. Did It go to the wrong place? Hope not!
Not to worry- I originally used a PO Box until the bank account was set up. All the donations that went to the PO Box and Pay Pal account have already been dispersed to the families.
Now that the account is set up, you may mail donations directly to the bank.