PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think about this?

jpeaston
07-12-2006, 02:36 PM
I filled up my berk c bowl with oil, I hadn't run it since installing a pertronix kit in my distributor so I bump it to make sure it would start before heading to the lake and the oil came out of the bowl throught the nozzel.

pattymelt18
07-12-2006, 02:43 PM
i belive that means the seal inside the bowl has gotten hard and is now cracking which then will cause the leaky oil!

SmokinLowriderSS
07-12-2006, 05:12 PM
Yep, the seal is bad. Time to pull the bowl off and see. Is a decently easy fix, might as well replace the bushings too while there.

junkyardhunter
07-12-2006, 06:26 PM
I was following your post about your SPEED O MOTIVE engine how did it turn out. I live very close to them but have never used them just wanted to know if they are any good

Oldsquirt
07-12-2006, 07:07 PM
I filled up my berk c bowl with oil, I hadn't run it since installing a pertronix kit in my distributor so I bump it to make sure it would start before heading to the lake and the oil came out of the bowl throught the nozzel.
Before you go pulling the bowl off to replace the seal/bushings, take a look into the tail end of the bowl. Is the plug that closes the hole behind the bushings/shaft still there? Any signs of oil leaking around it? If so, reseal it first and try again.
If the only oil you see is truly running down along the veins of the bowl from the front, then you need to consider a bad front seal.

IMPATIENT 1
07-13-2006, 05:46 AM
Before you go pulling the bowl off to replace the seal/bushings, take a look into the tail end of the bowl. Is the plug that closes the hole behind the bushings/shaft still there? Any signs of oil leaking around it? If so, reseal it first and try again.
If the only oil you see is truly running down along the veins of the bowl from the front, then you need to consider a bad front seal.
GOOD ANSWER, BE A WASTE OF TIME PULLIN THE BOWL IF IT WAS JUST THE PLUG.