PDA

View Full Version : Last couple questions

MISSING
07-12-2006, 02:51 PM
Having a lot of engine delays, but it should be here soon. I found out I need to get sending units for my TELEFLEX oil pressure and temp gauges, anyone know what sending units I need? Also, does anyone run an alternator? I was thinking of running a stereo. Lastly, is it okay to link all the negative terminals together on the gauges so I only need to run one ground? I'm not too sure...Thanks

SmokinLowriderSS
07-12-2006, 05:08 PM
Having a lot of engine delays, but it should be here soon. I found out I need to get sending units for my TELEFLEX oil pressure and temp gauges, anyone know what sending units I need?
Sorry, can't help on that one.
Also, does anyone run an alternator? I was thinking of running a stereo.
Sure, I run one, always have. I want a lake boat that I don't have to charge the battery on every night on a weekend at the lake. Also I wind up out in the dark on rare occasions, and run a tube-inflator or spotlight from a power outlet under the dash when I want to, and the stereo.
Lastly, is it okay to link all the negative terminals together on the gauges so I only need to run one ground? I'm not too sure...Thanks
Yes, you can.
In fact, on my rewire, I ran a "loop" ground that came up one side of the boat, accross the dash, and down the other side. Both ends are on the engine so everything wired to it is grounded double, and I have zero instrument troubles.