PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about moving to Phoenix

throttlejunkie
07-12-2006, 05:13 PM
Got a great job offer to move from Cali. to Phoenix working in the construction industry. New tract homes to be exact. Anybody else here on the boards make this move? If so, how have things turned out? Is construction still booming there? Any advice on a nice area to live? What is the best lake in the area to hit? How is the cost of living compared to So Cal? Any info would be greatly appreciated..

Jordy
07-12-2006, 05:18 PM
Phoenix sucks. It's too hot and there is nothing to do. You won't like it here. :D :D :D
Which homebuilder??? I'd bet they use generators and you should take the job and then call me for all your temp power needs. Disregard my previous comment. :idea: :D :D :D
Seriously, I love it here. The real estate market seems to have slowed down a bit, lots more for sale signs out for longer than 6 months to a year ago, but I really can't think of any place else I'd rather live. They're building all over the place, as far out as you care to live. Somewhat depressing to see that places that we used to go shooting out in the middle of the desert are now in the middle of town.

callbob4homes
07-12-2006, 05:29 PM
and when you get ready to pull the trigger.................you can go on my website and search the MLS or call me with your wants and needs and I can hook a brutha up.

Devil's Advocate
07-12-2006, 05:30 PM
If you're ok with living on the surface of the sun for about 4 months out of the year, then I'd say it's ok. :220v: I moved here from upstate NY 7 years ago. The job market at the time was booming and was one reason why I came here. I don't know as far as construction I just know there's a lot of it out here and this place is expanding (good and bad in that) rapidly. There's a lot of nice areas to live around here. I would personally try areas that are more outside of Phoenix directly to avoid some of the city feel. There's some nice lakes too, Lake Pleasant, Barlett, and Saguaro. Do some research and hook up with someone in real estate out here that can give you more info. I'm sure it's cheaper as far as California, but even that has changed since I moved here too. Uh gas price, still suck here!

RitcheyRch
07-12-2006, 05:35 PM
I'm hoping to move to Surprise in 2 years once my daughter turns 18 and the courts allow me to move. I already have a job waiting for me with Honeywell.

Hotcobra270
07-12-2006, 05:52 PM
Got a great job offer to move from Cali. to Phoenix working in the construction industry. New tract homes to be exact. Anybody else here on the boards make this move? If so, how have things turned out? Is construction still booming there? Any advice on a nice area to live? What is the best lake in the area to hit? How is the cost of living compared to So Cal? Any info would be greatly appreciated..
My fiancee and I are flying into Phoenix this friday to go look for at some new track homes by peoria/glendale..
Can anyone tell me about this part of town? How about any big differences between laws in CA versus AZ?

Outnumbered
07-12-2006, 05:59 PM
My fiancee and I are flying into Phoenix this friday to go look for at some new track homes by peoria/glendale..
Can anyone tell me about this part of town? How about any big differences between laws in CA versus AZ?
How much do you want to spend?

Outnumbered
07-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Cost of living is pretty similar now depending on what part of Cali you are comparing it too. What part of the valley are you going to be working in?

Devil's Advocate
07-12-2006, 06:01 PM
Parts of Glendale and Peoria are nice, just would rather be out futher West or North or any of the outlying areas instead.
How about any big differences between laws in CA versus AZ?
It's the wild, wild west baby....hold onto your hats :rollside:

77charger
07-12-2006, 06:05 PM
My wife wants to make a move there too i aint ready yet.Would have done it a few years ago but she didnt want to.Mainly wants a bigger house for kids and around here way out of price range.We could sell here and pretty much pay for a house in full there but still have other misc payments now and we know jobs pay less there.I am in construction too but i aint hot mopping in 120 plus degree heat.At least one of us will have to have a good paying job she can probably transfer though but i aint daddy day care either.She has done all the research says there are lakes close by,can buy a machine gun,and that jordy guy lives nearby.LOL etc
Only time will tell.Plus i would be able to always get that machine gun i have always wanted.

Hotcobra270
07-12-2006, 06:14 PM
How much do you want to spend?
We are looking in the 350k to 400k range..
big lot.. hopefully wide enough so I can park the boat..

Outnumbered
07-12-2006, 06:36 PM
Parts of Glendale and Peoria are nice, just would rather be out futher West or North or any of the outlying areas instead.
That would depend on where he is working. I would not want to live any farther west or north than here in N. Peoria. Too far away from everything. I'm not sure you can get any farther north than Peoria city limits anyhow without ending up in Anthem or New River. The lower half of Lake Pleasant is in Peoria city limits.

Outnumbered
07-12-2006, 06:48 PM
Peoria has better schools but property is more expensive. The farther north you go the nicer it is IMHO. If you stick to a smaller house under 2,200 sqft you should be able to find what you want in that range. It will be a tract lot maybe around 8,000 SQFT with an RV gate. Homes on 1/2 acres go for well over $500,000. There is lots of inventory right now, you should be able to get a good deal. PM me if you have any specific questions about any areas. There is just too much info to type down without knowing a little more about what you are looking for.
Oh, one last thing. You MUST get a pool. You will hate living here without one. Make sure you factor that into your budget.

ThongMagnet
07-12-2006, 07:05 PM
http://www.realtor.com/FindHome/HomeListing.asp?snum=35&frm=byzip&lid=Enter+MLS+ID&pgnum=4&ss_aywr=&st=AZ&mls=xmls&mnbed=3&js=on&mnsqft=0&fid=so&vtsort=&poe=move&mnprice=350000&areaid=241&zp=85032&ct=Phoenix&mxprice=400000&typ=1&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&exft=0&mnbath=2&gate=excite1&source=a2xt1h1t001&sid=06EE4A1185EAC&snumxlid=1060624852&lnksrc=00002
This should be close to what you are looking for. The area is nice. RV parking, three car garage. 10 minutes to downtown (Suns/Diamondback games).
PS you don't need a pool when the closest lake is only 20 miles away. Save your money and use the boat.

No Name
07-12-2006, 07:09 PM
I miss California. :cry: but I'm closer to Havasu now. :)

Mrs. 89Checkmate
07-12-2006, 07:21 PM
We moved to Phoenix, 2 yrs ago and love it!! We live in Gilbert (southeast valley). We use our boat ten times more now that we are here. Great people and lots to do. Yes, it is hotter than hell, but you get used to it. We have great air conditioners!!!!

2Driver
07-12-2006, 07:24 PM
Havasu for 5 years then San Diego for 3 years then off to Carefree AZ ( Very north end of Scottsdale) for past 15 years. I thought the lakes wouldn't compare and be crowed and found just the opposite. 6 great friendly lakes to choose from and easier tow to the river when you go.
Sorry but the quality of life here is way better, less hectic and more real. I have a feeling its a lot like Ca was 25 years ago. Put it this way we put 1.5 million people in the same space Southern CA puts 20 million. Lots of really cool homes in north Scottsdale and phoenix on an acre for 500-600K. 400K will still get you a very nice track home neighborhood- see Anthem by Dell web. A million will still get you a very nice pad. Good time to buy. Do it

soupersonic
07-12-2006, 08:35 PM
1. You are willing to park three blocks away because you found shade.
2. You've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in
the toilet bowl.
3. You can drive for four hours in one direction and never leave town.
4. You have more than 100 recipes for Mexican food.
5. You know that "dry heat" is comparable to what hits you in the face
when you open your oven door.
6. The four seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot, and ARE YOU KIDDING
ME??!!

Brian
07-12-2006, 08:41 PM
...Lots of really cool homes in north Scottsdale and phoenix on an acre for 500-600K...
You sure 'bout that? An acre alone (no house) in north Snottsdale is around $400k if not more. Most of the homes I see around here on an acre in northeast area are starting at $800k and going up, and way up, from there. Agreed on the million though, that will get you a pretty sweet pad.
:cool:

67weimann
07-12-2006, 08:49 PM
You sure 'bout that? An acre alone (no house) in north Snottsdale is around $400k if not more. Most of the homes I see around here on an acre in northeast area are starting at $800k and going up, and way up, from there. Agreed on the million though, that will get you a pretty sweet pad.
N Peoria area acre lots start around 300k for just the lot...

AZKC
07-12-2006, 09:06 PM
Phoenix is great everything South sucks :crossx:

2Driver
07-12-2006, 09:16 PM
400kish was reference to a moderate track home area. The 500-600K stuff is older smaller homes but nice on some land in North Scottsdale/Phoenix. Check around Lone Mountain/Dynamite Rd/ 64th st. area. If you want elbow room and have limited budget it gets you in. I just passed a sign today that said reduced to $525 for a decent place. It's a rural no cc&r feel but if you like it then cool.
Traditional North Snottsdale, paved road, upscale custom, your right 1M-4M. We are looking to move in from Carefree to Pima and Happy Valley Rd...nothing much under 1.2 and then you have to remodel after that :rolleyes: .

Hotcobra270
07-13-2006, 12:38 AM
thanks for the info... I'll post when I get back from the trip on Sunday..
I'll check out all the parts you recommended

Rod-64
07-13-2006, 01:36 AM
I'd wait till they catch the serial killers first. :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
07-13-2006, 04:15 AM
I need to make a trip out there and scout the various communities to see where I want to live. So far, seems like Surprise is where I wanna be.

throttlejunkie
07-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. Nothings been said to scare me away yet. I'm going to accept the new job offer and make the move in next few months. I will be working for an HVAC company overseeing all field operations. I will have to make a few weekend trips out before hand to decide what area to call home. Maybe I can hook up with some of you in the Phoenix area when I make the trips, we can meet for a few cold ones and you can point me in the right direction?

Cole Sanger
07-13-2006, 05:31 AM
the toilet bowl.
ME??!!
Number 5 for sure. I have been here since the summer of 2000. I love it here also. I don't know much about the north valley. I live in the east valley myself and really like it. I know a buddy of mine that is buying a house in the Queen Creek area. It is a 2200sq ft house with 3 car garage and a RV garage on a half acre in a gated community for $360,000. It's a little far out now, but in a few years it will probably be a prime location. Good luck on your search. I also am from California.

Chico&Zeus
07-13-2006, 05:33 AM
Anthem is nice, a little out of town but it has great amenities, especially for a family with children....Desert Hills is just south, there are great deals there, but you live "In The Desert" with dirt roads, well water and a septic tank...very large lots though. Tramonto is at Carefree Hwy and I-17, nice neighborhoods, Vistancia is at Happy Valley west of Lake Pleasant Rd, very similar to Anthem....tons of homes within 15-20 minutes of being on the water, pleanty in north Peoria also...Surprise is cheaper but freeway access SUCKS! Depending on where you live, you will spend 30-45 minutes just traveling to the "Edge of Town" to get on the 101. Once the 303 is finished and Grand Ave. is retrofitted into a freeway, it will be better but that will be in 5 years or so.

cain129
07-13-2006, 05:35 AM
mistake

lawbreaker2
07-13-2006, 05:37 AM
I should have move back in 96 when my wife started to bug me about going out there, in 2000 we almost bought a home in havasu, now I think I will wait a few more years till I see what is going to go on there. :rolleyes:

2Driver
07-13-2006, 06:30 AM
I'd wait till they catch the serial killers first. :rolleyes:
Unlike the guys that blew up the federal building in Oklahoma..hmm where were they from again ..King something, what was the name of that town?
:rollside: :)

Tequila-John
07-13-2006, 07:05 AM
I love it out here. Moved here last march and am in love. Great place to raise a family. I live in Power Ranch in Gilbert. Call bob when you ready to house hunt he hooked me up and did a great job!

mbrown2
07-13-2006, 07:09 AM
I need to make a trip out there and scout the various communities to see where I want to live. So far, seems like Surprise is where I wanna be.
As long as you work in Surprise great....but getting in out in the mornings and afternoon sux and its only getting worse with the building....I go to AZ about every couple weeks and have in Laws in Surpise....The place is so far away from a freeway and getting to it from Bell Road sux....I mean sux compared to LA traffic. I think it is the 303 that runs north/south to it, but that is getting bad too....
I would not move anywhere in AZ/Phnx away from Freeway access cause it seems like they designed it for surface streets to carry folks long distances....but now there are two problems with that.....
1. Due to the constant building/growth in the valleys one of the surface streets to your destination is being upgraded expanded so the one that runs parallel is packed...
2. Due to constant growth the long surface street mentality is just not working as well....
Their making progress on the freeway system 202 loop, 101 loop, but the growth outpaces the freeway and transit systems.....its not Cali yet, but it's not far behind...
Going 55 miles from Chandler to Suprise on a Friday at 5pm taking the 101 north to Bell took 1.45 hours....through the city would have been worse.

Kurtis500
07-13-2006, 08:59 AM
Yep. Thats why I live (always have)in the north central Phoenix area. Irrigation (8 inches of water a month!! compare that to rain fall), big tall trees, right off Central Ave & Bethany Home. EVERYTHING close by. It took me 57 minutes from my door to the Laguna boat ramp at Canyon Lake yesterday. Best of all NO TRAFFIC JAMS!! Everyone has gone home to the suburbs at night, so all the resturaunts around including most at the Biltmore are a no-wait walk in basis on Friday and Saturday night.
BTW, I have 2 acres of land for sale in Clearwater Farms if someone wants to build a custom home. Orangewood and Citrus area.

2Driver
07-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Yep. Thats why I live (always have)in the north central Phoenix area. Irrigation (8 inches of water a month!! compare that to rain fall), big tall trees, right off Central Ave & Bethany Home. EVERYTHING close by. .
That's a pretty cool area of downtown. Reminds me of growing up in MD. We are looking to move in from Carefree but most likely only to Pinnacle peak area.

Big Warlock
07-13-2006, 09:44 AM
It's awesome here. Wouldn't live any place else! That's the truth. :crossx:

RitcheyRch
07-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Not much for work in Surprise in the Aerospace industry. So, will need to make the commute to either Phoenix or Tucson. As of now, already have a gig lined up with Honeywell.
As long as you work in Surprise great....but getting in out in the mornings and afternoon sux and its only getting worse with the building....I go to AZ about every couple weeks and have in Laws in Surpise....The place is so far away from a freeway and getting to it from Bell Road sux....I mean sux compared to LA traffic. I think it is the 303 that runs north/south to it, but that is getting bad too....
I would not move anywhere in AZ/Phnx away from Freeway access cause it seems like they designed it for surface streets to carry folks long distances....but now there are two problems with that.....
1. Due to the constant building/growth in the valleys one of the surface streets to your destination is being upgraded expanded so the one that runs parallel is packed...
2. Due to constant growth the long surface street mentality is just not working as well....
Their making progress on the freeway system 202 loop, 101 loop, but the growth outpaces the freeway and transit systems.....its not Cali yet, but it's not far behind...
Going 55 miles from Chandler to Suprise on a Friday at 5pm taking the 101 north to Bell took 1.45 hours....through the city would have been worse.

Artv
07-13-2006, 10:09 AM
We moved to Goodyear Az from Moreno Valley Ca one year ago. And we love it. The thing I like about Goodyear is everything is new. Goodyear is located west of Phoenix off I10. The best part is Havi is only 2 1/2 hours away.

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 10:15 AM
the toilet bowl.
ME??!!
LMAO, and it came early this year.

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 10:19 AM
My wife and I moved to Chandler from Ventura County. We could not have made a better choice. The people here are great, the weather is amazing for 9 months, then hot. There are great lakes within a hour. The river is 2 1/2 hours away. San Diego, Mexico are great get aways for the weekend.
We have the standard of living that we wanted and are able to provide a much greater life for the children. Private schools that you could not afford in CA are now with in reach, you can actually go into a grocery store and not stand in line for an hour.
You better have a 4x4 truck as well. Lots to do on the Rim and out your back door of your house. That and the cities are doing a lot of road work so you need something to handle the pot holes. LOL

460 jus getn it
07-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Couldnt think of a better place to live. Yes its hot, but you get use to it. Being able to drive 30 min to the lake is huge, and the winters are great.

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks for all the info guys. Nothings been said to scare me away yet. I'm going to accept the new job offer and make the move in next few months. I will be working for an HVAC company overseeing all field operations. I will have to make a few weekend trips out before hand to decide what area to call home. Maybe I can hook up with some of you in the Phoenix area when I make the trips, we can meet for a few cold ones and you can point me in the right direction?
Dont do it. You may acutally have money in the bank at the end of the month and be a happier person overall.

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 10:24 AM
Couldnt think of a better place to live. Yes its hot, but you get use to it. Being able to drive 30 min to the lake is huge, and the winters are great.
When you can use your boat everyday after work, it is a good thing!
There has to be something bad about living in AZ. Just have not figuered it out yet.
One thing I can think of, is if you like to have run in's with the law, do not do it here. Sheriff Joe, does not mess around and you will be living in a tent in the middle of the desert.

2Driver
07-13-2006, 10:31 AM
There has to be something bad about living in AZ. Just have not figuered it out yet. .
Uhhh, its getting full of Cali's would be one. J/K :D :D

throttlejunkie
07-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Dont do it. You may acutally have money in the bank at the end of the month and be a happier person overall.
Man, that sounds horrible :cool: Actually I'm glad that I started this post. There has been allot of helpful info coming from you guys. I have been looking for the chance to get out of So Cal and now that the time has finally come I'm very excited. Hot weather I can deal with. Lower cost of living even better. Being able to use the boat more than twice a month, PRICELESS. :rollside:

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 11:01 AM
Uhhh, its getting full of Cali's would be one. J/K :D :D
Not to add to this. But my wifes family came out to visit. Two months later he retired, sold the house in somis. Spent three days packing and moved out to Seville Country Club. LOL The entire family is here now.

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 11:03 AM
Man, that sounds horrible :cool: Actually I'm glad that I started this post. There has been allot of helpful info coming from you guys. I have been looking for the chance to get out of So Cal and now that the time has finally come I'm very excited. Hot weather I can deal with. Lower cost of living even better. Being able to use the boat more than twice a month, PRICELESS. :rollside:
I thought of one thing, when you said cost of living! Do not get all bent out of shape the first time you see your electricity bill during the summer. It does go back down after Aug. LOL

SCUBA STEVE
07-13-2006, 11:10 AM
We moved here 2 years ago (almost to the date) worst time to move is now! lol Over all we love it here and will never go back to CA unless we are forced too. As Mbrown said anything around the 303/101 is not so fun during peak times. The good thing is we can actually drive some place on the weekends with out hitting traffic. The negative thing is that Jordy lives here! lol

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 11:27 AM
We moved here 2 years ago (almost to the date) worst time to move is now! lol Over all we love it here and will never go back to CA unless we are forced too. As Mbrown said anything around the 303/101 is not so fun during peak times. The good thing is we can actually drive some place on the weekends with out hitting traffic. The negative thing is that Jordy lives here! lol
I forgot about that one. That is a huge negative. LMAO

SCUBA STEVE
07-13-2006, 11:34 AM
I forgot about that one. That is a huge negative. LMAO
Jordy and the snow birds can cause a lot of trouble here. lol :cool:

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Unless I missed it, where is your new employer located ? I'm out off the US60 and Signal Butte area,close to Sahuro and Canyon lakes, lots of new houses in this area(Mesa)/(Apache Junction).
Beware of the HOA'S in AZ, alot of them will not let you park your boat on your property, I'm lucky my builder eliminated a 4th bedroom so I have a deep (34') garage on one side, alot of builders do not give the option for "deep"garages like you see in havasu.
I drive about 33 miles to Scottsdale, in the am about 40 minutes, going home 50 min to 1 1/2 hrs, depending on how many fender benders !!!
We have two high schools close by, one is brand new and a middle school, and a brand new mini mall going in at US60 and signal butte,if that interests you or the wife/girlfriend, I could tell you all the stores, if you really need to know.
I'm v.p. of our hoa, so your not welcome as a boater !!! :p
Houses run in the 275ish to 500k range where I'm at, in 4 3/4 years my house has doubled + another 50k, not to bad.
EAST SIDE ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!! :p :) :p
Good point on the HOA's. They are not boater/toy friendly. I get 72 hours to keep the boat in front of the house. If it can not be seen from the street then it is cool. Meaning if you have RV access, and you boat does not stick up over the wall you are good.

NautiTwins
07-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Jordy and the snow birds can cause a lot of trouble here. lol :cool:
Arent they one in the same?

squirt'nmyload
07-13-2006, 11:50 AM
i recommend moving here...been here 7 years from pittsburgh,pa....see you on the lakes

throttlejunkie
07-13-2006, 01:29 PM
Unless I missed it, where is your new employer located ? I'm out off the US60 and Signal Butte area,close to Sahuro and Canyon lakes, lots of new houses in this area(Mesa)/(Apache Junction).
Beware of the HOA'S in AZ, alot of them will not let you park your boat on your property, I'm lucky my builder eliminated a 4th bedroom so I have a deep (34') garage on one side, alot of builders do not give the option for "deep"garages like you see in havasu.
I drive about 33 miles to Scottsdale, in the am about 40 minutes, going home 50 min to 1 1/2 hrs, depending on how many fender benders !!!
We have two high schools close by, one is brand new and a middle school, and a brand new mini mall going in at US60 and signal butte,if that interests you or the wife/girlfriend, I could tell you all the stores, if you really need to know.
I'm v.p. of our hoa, so your not welcome as a boater !!! :p
Houses run in the 275ish to 500k range where I'm at, in 4 3/4 years my house has doubled + another 50k, not to bad.
EAST SIDE ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!! :p :) :p
The company has not actualy started business in the area just yet. The corporate office is in So Cal, and the plan is to open a small office in the Phoenix area in about 3 months. Strictly new tract homes is the focus. They have done extremely well here in So Cal, so I beleive we will be a success in Phoenix area as well.

J.C.
07-13-2006, 01:37 PM
i live in the wittmann area.just west of surprise.the river is a hour and a half away,and lake pleasant is 20 minutes away on the back roads with no street lights or stop signs.i believe house out here are on 1 acre lots custom homes with no hoa.prices very from 300 to 500 thousand.

caroftheweek
07-13-2006, 02:50 PM
i was looking at Wittmann on MLS and i found very few homes on paved roads. is it a rural area? are most roads paved?

SCUBA STEVE
07-13-2006, 02:58 PM
OH yeah HOA's blow! We were lucky enough to find a decent house on a decent lot built in 93, with no HOA's during the housing boom in 2004. :) Coming from Montebello CA, where the houses were built in the 50's a 93 was a dream! :)

AZKC
07-13-2006, 02:58 PM
Go stand outside for about a half hour today in Downtown Phoenix. Its a bit warm today. But it does cool down in about 5 months :)

SCUBA STEVE
07-13-2006, 03:23 PM
Go stand outside for about a half hour today in Downtown Phoenix. Its a bit warm today. But it does cool down in about 5 months :)
lmao... fock yeah it's hot today!!! :cry:

Sleek-Jet
07-13-2006, 03:26 PM
It's "balmy".... WTF happened to the monsoons anyway??
The best part about living in AZ is the fact that I can stand outside and drink beer 12 months out of the year without risking hypothermia or frost-bite. :idea:

Outnumbered
07-13-2006, 03:29 PM
i was looking at Wittmann on MLS and i found very few homes on paved roads. is it a rural area? are most roads paved?
Only main roads are paved. Rural area on far NW side of town. Not a place to commute from. Well water, propane, and septic in most areas there.
I say with the market cooling there is no need to go that far out unless you are looking to avoid the crowds and forego the conveniences of living in town.

jbtrailerjim
07-13-2006, 03:31 PM
I wouldn't mind moving to Phoenix but I keep thinking, if all of us Californians keep moving there, it will soon be crowded and f*cked up like California is now. ;) Having a few nice lakes close by and the river only a few hours away, it just might be worth it though.

Devil's Advocate
07-13-2006, 04:12 PM
112 today, expected 115 tomorrow. Maybe think again about the move. :skull:

AZKC
07-13-2006, 04:29 PM
It's "balmy".... WTF happened to the monsoons anyway??
The best part about living in AZ is the fact that I can stand outside and drink beer 12 months out of the year without risking hypothermia or frost-bite. :idea:
Make up your mind :rolleyes: Don't worry you got a few more outages coming your way. :220v: Monsoons are on a little vacation but I see them peaking over the mountains down South.
Speaking of beer drinking, you days or nights this weekend. Or on call :rollside:

4DAY4PLAY
07-13-2006, 05:38 PM
Whatever you do, dont buy in tuscon, read on forbes.com that it is the 7th most overpriced city in America.

AZKC
07-13-2006, 05:41 PM
I'll second that :) Tucson Suxs. Everyone move to PHX its the best :)

AZKC
07-13-2006, 05:44 PM
Whatever you do, dont buy in tuscon, read on forbes.com that it is the 7th most overpriced city in America.
It's TuCson, you some freind of Debollas's :idea: :)

Sleek-Jet
07-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Tucson is horrible as has been said before. STAY AWAY... there's nothing to see here, move along people.
Make up your mind
No...
Working night this weekend then back to a regular schedule, no more shifts for a while... Day trip to the lake next Saturday...

AZKC
07-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Day trip on the 22nd, I might do that :idea: I was thinking of trying this weekend. But I might wait. If you go, go early cause you'll get blown off the lake around 2 pm(if your going to Roosevelt) thanks to those Monsoons you've been missing so bad :)

Sleek-Jet
07-13-2006, 06:05 PM
Day trip on the 22nd, I might do that :idea: I was thinking of trying this weekend. But I might wait. If you go, go early cause you'll get blown off the lake around 2 pm(if your going to Roosevelt) thanks to those Monsoons you've been missing so bad :)
Haven't decided on a venue yet... no problem getting up early... the pooch is up at about 0500 everyday... I haven't set my alarm for 6 months now... :rolleyes: :D

lawbreaker2
07-13-2006, 06:58 PM
How can you guys put up with all that heat, :cry: don't you just miss days like this, well more like weeks, ok months :cry: like this, I would love to see you guys drive in this stuff. :idea:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/lawbreaker2/Web100_0803.jpg

lawbreaker2
07-13-2006, 07:00 PM
I don't think I could move from this stuff, it's just so much fun to play in. :rollside:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/lawbreaker2/Web100_0799.jpg

AZKC
07-13-2006, 07:11 PM
Haven't decided on a venue yet... no problem getting up early... the pooch is up at about 0500 everyday... I haven't set my alarm for 6 months now... :rolleyes: :D
Well keep me in the loop, I need to run the boat :)

lawbreaker2
07-13-2006, 07:13 PM
Here a nice one for ya. :rollside:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j51/lawbreaker2/HPIM0560.jpg

AZKC
07-13-2006, 07:44 PM
Brrrr, But as far as driving goes I'd love it :crossx: We have a 11000 ft mountain that can get 100+ inches of snow close by and I love drivin in that stuff :skull:

Outnumbered
07-13-2006, 08:35 PM
How can you guys put up with all that heat, :cry: don't you just miss days like this, well more like weeks, ok months :cry: like this, I would love to see you guys drive in this stuff. :idea:
Don't get to drive in it too much here but I did get to ride in it last year. Took this in North Scottsdale...
http://www.ridingarizona.com/forum/uploaded/outnumbered/200631351144_DSCN3529.JPG

Kurtis500
07-14-2006, 06:06 AM
Heres one. John Mcain's house is up for sale. Its right on Central and way out of everyones price range!! :yuk:
http://www.centralphx.com/index.php?page=listdet&listid=769&pageno=1

FLEA DIDDY
07-14-2006, 07:39 AM
Got a great job offer to move from Cali. to Phoenix working in the construction industry. New tract homes to be exact. Anybody else here on the boards make this move? If so, how have things turned out? Is construction still booming there? Any advice on a nice area to live? What is the best lake in the area to hit? How is the cost of living compared to So Cal? Any info would be greatly appreciated..I love it here, we moved from Tx 5 months ago and it was/is the best thing I have done in yrs. STAY AWAY FROM THE PHOENIX METRO AREA, either go west or east. I live in the POWER RANCH subdivision on the eastside (Gilbert) our kids go to their own school for power ranch we have kick ass parks and running trails blah blah blah. Anyways do a search on the net for Power Ranch in Gilbert Az. Good luck.

'78 gt boat
07-14-2006, 08:08 AM
My wife and I just moved to Buckeye Az. We bought a Canterra home and there are closeout deals right now in our sub-division called Estates at Sundance. You can check out the deals at Canterrahomes.com. Navigate to the west side of the Arizona map and find Estates at sundance. I know they have a 1 acre lot with a spec house on it for I believe 590K with a 4% off the price or something like that. There is also a culdesack lot I think 25,000 sq. ft. for 460K but check it out. Just my .02

lawbreaker2
07-14-2006, 08:14 AM
My wife and I just moved to Buckeye Az. We bought a Canterra home and there are closeout deals right now in our sub-division called Estates at Sundance. You can check out the deals at Canterrahomes.com. Navigate to the west side of the Arizona map and find Estates at sundance. I know they have a 1 acre lot with a spec house on it for I believe 590K with a 4% off the price or something like that. There is also a culdesack lot I think 25,000 sq. ft. for 460K but check it out. Just my .02
:2purples: 1 acre for $590k

totenhosen
07-14-2006, 07:27 PM
Give Bob a call with your R/E needs. Cool guy and very helpful.

lawbreaker2
07-14-2006, 08:26 PM
I just looked at a nice house with 5 bedrooms and a lake and wooded with a 40x100 barn on 17 acers for $299k :D I think I'm going to be staying here a little while longer. but man what do I do, Just went I start thinking about staying here, I then start thinnking about snow and cold. :cry:

'78 gt boat
07-15-2006, 11:55 AM
the 590K includes a nice 3000+ sq. ft. house on it as well :)

lawbreaker2
07-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Oh man now thats a deal :rolleyes: Does it have a pool to.

Goodtime$
07-16-2006, 10:50 AM
AZKC- are there any close lakes to tucson?

seanv
07-16-2006, 11:14 AM
stay out of arizona!!! way to hot here,houses have gone thru the roof, too many cars jamming up the once navicable roadways lakes are over crouded. you wont like it at all.
as for me, im third generation native zonie so i love it until everyone moved here.

AZKC
07-16-2006, 11:29 AM
AZKC- are there any close lakes to tucson?
Closest lake would be Canyon(east of Apache Junction/Phx) 2 hour drive for me, :cry: Why I have a boat is still a mystery :)

callbob4homes
07-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Give Bob a call with your R/E needs. Cool guy and very helpful.
Thanks for the props Stefan! I did get a few hits on my website from the earlier post, but no reply back. It is more user friendly than the commercial sites and has the whole MLS available.
How is your Dad doing on his properties over here? Sent him an email awhile back but never heard back from him. Figured he is probably waiting out the drop. Smart move if selling, but some great buys if you are in that market. Last year there wasn't anything with a pool for under 300K, now.................take your pick. Still some available with enough lot and space to park a boat behind the fence for under 500K. 1/2 acre lots and such.
Bob

callbob4homes
07-17-2006, 04:16 PM
wow this thread dies quickly :rolleyes: