PDA

View Full Version : Places for sale @ Waterwheel or Aha Quin?

Titan7
07-12-2006, 06:28 PM
Anybody have a place at either of these parks? My good friend used to be at Red Rooster until 2000 when CRIT kicked them out I have always wanted to get back there. Any recs?

hottrodder
07-12-2006, 08:22 PM
Heard a rumor they took over Water Wheel too.

clownpuncher
07-12-2006, 09:46 PM
I think there's about four places for sale in WW. As far as the CRIT deal goes, I think all the home owners are safe from eviction. CRIT loves the Wheel, a real money maker for them
Check the Wheel out, places from 75K to 239K.
Aha is nice too, but, haven't been there in a few weeks so I don't know the availability
ROC

Rocknpalms
07-13-2006, 05:37 AM
There are two places that are for sale in Aha around the 70k price but both are pull outs.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
07-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Bob Johnson, owner of Water Wheel is building a new camp up river just south of Hidden Valley. Is there any new news on the Westbank/CRIT situation??? Clownpuncher we will be down labor day with all the jetboats south of camp, stop by.

Dogballs
07-13-2006, 07:00 AM
Bob Johnshon, owner of Water Wheel is building a new camp up river just south of Hidden Valley. Is there any new news on the Westbank/CRIT situation???
Not to get off subject, but Kroker are you going to Needles this weekend?

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
07-13-2006, 08:49 AM
Ballz, Will be in Needles Sat afternoon, Cant wait to see how your boat runs.

79Challenger
07-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Bob Johnshon, owner of Water Wheel is building a new camp up river just south of Hidden Valley. Is there any new news on the Westbank/CRIT situation???
We are at Paradise Point. A few years back CRIT came in and tryed to evict the front row. I think this was a year or so after Red Rooster. The tenants in the front row hired a lawyer and fought in court many times. The last I heard it was going to some superior court or something and it got thrown out. Seems to be at a stalemate. Aha kind of runs us now. They spent some money on us this year in the way of tree pruning and fresh gravel, and taking care of the lawn. The front row still has some people that show up with thier generators and using portapotties.

Cs19
07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
crit sucks and thats all i have to say about that.
balls, be careful this weekend..

Dogballs
07-13-2006, 09:32 AM
Ballz, Will be in Needles Sat afternoon, Cant wait to see how your boat runs.
It looks like I will test tomorrow AM with Dave at Elsinore then off to Needles Sun AM. I am super pumped to see how she'll run. :)

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
07-13-2006, 11:16 AM
Dogballs, Cruise north when you guys get going on Sun.

Rexone
07-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Anybody have a place at either of these parks? My good friend used to be at Red Rooster until 2000 when CRIT kicked them out I have always wanted to get back there. Any recs?
If memory serves correct RR was demoed long before 2000.

Titan7
07-13-2006, 03:38 PM
RR demo happened in Nov. 2000. I was there almost all summer in 2000.

jesco
07-13-2006, 04:19 PM
i would stay away from anything the injuns have their hands in . cant trust um . find a place privately owned not on indian land . thats my .02

Goodtime$
07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
CRIT sucks, but i love the river so we all have to bend over. I believe Water Wheels lease ran out so they are on month to month, not sure. we are in hidden valley.
The new water wheel deal south of Hidden Valley is a joke, the road in is a downhill jump. The whole pads are laid out on a sandwash that floods over when it rains, or if the water ever comes up real high. Which is has and will again.
not sure if CRIT is even allowing the development to go through. I know they put in power lines, but will not give them power. There are a few places in Hidden Valley for sale, drive in and check them out.

riverlover
07-13-2006, 07:30 PM
Know what you all mean about CRIT... we have a place down river from water wheel and we are in big time limbo with CRIT lease I think due to the court case that 79challenger was talking about...just ridnig it out to see what happens...we're not in a park so we may be in trouble someday but for now we just riding it out.
cs-19 missed the drags july 4th weekend heard they went off pretty good ...hope to check 'em next time...

Red Rocket
07-13-2006, 07:50 PM
Know what you all mean about CRIT... we have a place down river from water wheel and we are in big time limbo with CRIT lease I think due to the court case that 79challenger was talking about...just ridnig it out to see what happens...we're not in a park so we may be in trouble someday but for now we just riding it out.
cs-19 missed the drags july 4th weekend heard they went off pretty good ...hope to check 'em next time...
So did Chris. :rolleyes:

riverlover
07-13-2006, 07:53 PM
oops..sorry

Dan Lorenze
07-14-2006, 12:10 AM
My Uncle has had his place for years, it's maybe 200 yards up river from where Red Rooster used to be, I've been going there since the early 80s. He tells me he just keeps sending his check in and never hears from the CRIT.

riverlover
07-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Us too Dan... but we'd kinda like to know they got it once in awhile ..but i guess no news is good news...is your uncle on the south end of shaggytree or roadrunner alley? i think you're uncle's place is real close to us...are you going labor day? ...if so come by and say hi ..we're just up river from the trailers ...just past the rock bar ...my boat's and my profile if you see it there stop by....my name's Marc ..the big bald guy....

Dan Lorenze
07-15-2006, 03:37 AM
Marc, nice to meet you. Yep, their place is almost at the end of Shaggytree Ln. Here's an old pic of the place, my uncle's place is on the left and their best friends have the double wide on the ride, the place has been painted since the pic...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dan_Lorenze/DSCN4472.jpg
Here's a pic in front of the neighbors house, nice little beach area...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/Dan_Lorenze/DSCN4483.jpg
My Uncle Steve mentioned that a neighbor down there stopped making their payments to the Indians for a while and tried to renew their lease and get it straightend out but the Indians said NO.. Steve just recently added on to the garage down there so I guess he feels he'll be there for a while.. Interesting stuff.....
I remember when Red Rooster was demolished, that was crazy... They leveled the place, axles in one corner and appliances in the other..
Dan

echo
07-15-2006, 07:37 AM
Wechecked out Waterwheel last week.Expensive,but looked to first class.People were having a good time.