PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah Boats

24ROD
03-20-2002, 07:06 AM
How many of you out there have a cheetah? What model? What do you have under the hatch? And how fast you going? We have a 24' Stelletto closed bow with 7.4 mpi goes 60 trimmed out full with some good chop on the lake. One of my buddy's has 23' open bow goes 65 under same conditions.

Infomaniac
03-20-2002, 09:21 AM
I am curious about these boats myself. Have seen a few for sale and wonder if they are built well. Any input?

bigq
03-20-2002, 09:49 AM
I am leaning in the 24 direction also. A good price and I believe the hull itself is built well and decent gelcoat. I have reserves about the rigging though, you know, all the little stuff that takes a lot of time to do neatly. I am thinking of the open bow with a cuddy, have kids. I visited the shop and talked to "Cheetah Bob" and he is a nice guy, will work out almost anything asked. I would say they are about the same as boats like Commander and that area.

DogHouse
03-20-2002, 10:02 AM
Check out the "Comments on the old Eliminator 234 Edge" thread. There's some stuff on Cheetahs in there.
For some reason Cheetah seems to be one of the most asked about builders on the forums. I guess nobody can believe that they build a decent boat at those prices. IMHO they do give you a lot for your money, but if you want the best, then you'll have to step up and pay for it with a different builder. I like my 23 Cheetah for what it is, but I would never put it in the same league as some of the high $$$ rigs. One thing about Cheetah Bob, yeah he's a good guy but make sure you get any custom changes written down on the contract. He tends to be in a hurry when dealing with people and may not remember everything you tell him to put in your boat!
-brian

gimprvr
03-20-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by DogHouse:
One thing about Cheetah Bob, yeah he's a good guy but make sure you get any custom changes written down on the contract. He tends to be in a hurry when dealing with people and may not remember everything you tell him to put in your boat!
-brian[/B]
"Cheeter Bob"

Sandbar Mike
03-20-2002, 03:03 PM
If your interest in a Cheetah and you live in so cal check out the Cheetah Shop in Upland, Talk to Dory
He is easier to deal with than Bob.
For me Cheetah was a great choice for a first boat. For the good quality and good price. For better pay more $$$$$$
Mike

Skaterfast
03-20-2002, 05:31 PM
Hold everything.Bob Burns is not a nice guy and yes the boats are cheap.Do not give him any money up front.He could go out of business tommorow and leave town with your money.

Riverhound
03-20-2002, 07:08 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Skaterfast:
[B]Hold everything.Bob Burns is not a nice guy and yes the boats are cheap.Do not give him any money up front.He could go out of business tommorow and leave town with your money.
Skaterfast, Got some hard fellings there? Did he do you or someone you know wrong? Not sticking up for the guy I don't know him. just wondering. If you got a story to tell i'd like to here it.
River

ratso
03-20-2002, 08:05 PM
Skaterfast, Hello...Hellllloooo Skaterfast. Earth to Skaterfast.

DesertDog
03-20-2002, 09:03 PM
DogHouse and Sandbar Mike pretty much summed it up.Your getting what you pay for.You get the custom gelcoat and interior,and get to choose what options you want(get it in writing!).On the downside,the quality isn't as good as most of the custom builders on everything from interior construction,wiring,etc..

BoatFloating
03-21-2002, 12:54 PM
Here is a copy of something I posted in a different thread. I think it could be useful to the topic here. If you email me I'll tell you the specfic's if you are interested.
BF........
"I can tell you from first hand knowledge. I have a good friend of mine that bought a 1997 boat used I won't say what company but it isn't any of the ones you are looking at. Anyways, it was still under the manufacture's warranty and it started to delaminate. He called the manufacture and told him the problem and they said tough luck you are the second owner. So I told him to do this. Call back and pretend to be someone looking to buy one of there boats and ask a bunch of questions, then ask about the warranty and if was transferable. Guess what there answer was? your right of coarse it is. Then my buddy dropped the hammer and said that was funny you told me it wasn't for my boat. The manufacture reluctantly said they would fix it. It took them 8 weeks and half assed the job. The morale of the story is he will never buy a new or used one of those boats again, because they don't stand behind their product and I think that is worth something. "

HavasuDreamin'
03-21-2002, 01:03 PM
I have never spent any time in a Cheetah, but I have seen a few up close and read many articles over the years. In my opinion, they are a second or third tier manufacture. I believe a lot of the previous responses are correct. Basically, a decent entry level boat, but not a true custom by any stretch of the imagination. My $.02 . . . well maybe $.01! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

waterboy
03-22-2002, 04:12 PM
My buddy bought one from bob a couple years ago, had some minor problems with it and took it in,bob told him to bring it back at the end of the season then he would fix all the problems. So here my buddy had a brand new boat that thing were not working right.
I know he would never by another one.

DogHouse
03-22-2002, 04:23 PM
I must be weird, because I actually like Bob. He's been nothing but helpful to me. His manner takes a little getting used to though. I could easily see him being very "difficult" if you piss him off. I've heard plenty of people complain about him though, must be something to it. I wouldn't be too worried about him going out of business and taking your money. Every time I've been to the shop they've been busy as hell. I will definitely consider another Cheetah when it's time to upsize.
-brian

bigq
03-23-2002, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by waterboy:
My buddy bought one from bob a couple years ago, had some minor problems with it and took it in,bob told him to bring it back at the end of the season then he would fix all the problems. So here my buddy had a brand new boat that thing were not working right.
I know he would never by another one.
Waterboy,
I don't think it is out of the ordinary. I know Commander told me the same thing, not because they don't want to fix it, but it is new and things will pop up. If they were minor, I think manufactures like to wait on new boats for all the little things that might happen and fix them all at once. If it was major, like trim won't work it doesn't start, he would probably fix it right away.

ratso
03-23-2002, 03:41 PM
and you would have to be in the boat business to even begin to understand...right now our shop is running 18 hours a day, you want to fix the problems first that may prevent someone from going to the lake and if possible put some of it off until the off-season. There's not just a whole lot of qualified help out there, and I wouldn't want some $5 an hour person working on my boat (no offense RiverDave).

HeavyHitter
03-23-2002, 06:00 PM
Well, it's probably not the best boat out there but not a bad value for the money. Even if you get things in writing call often to remind him of the non stock items. I have one with full hydraulic steering, big fittings gas tank and no drive or engine. It has 1100+ hp and has put up with that so far. Main reason I got it is because I think open bow pickles look like crap. I have big dogs and lake camp so I need the room. I like the boat.

24ROD
03-23-2002, 06:46 PM
Hey Doghouse, I'm with you I think Cheetah Bob is a good guy. He has done everything that he was supposed to do as far as my boat goes.

ratso
03-24-2002, 09:00 AM
ME, Doghouse, and 24ROD think about the same...(No we're not the jet set, We're the old Chev-ro-let set)

24ROD
03-24-2002, 12:19 PM
SkaterFast....Two questions...what are you smoking and why aren't you sharing? Go out of business and take your $$??? The guy has been building boats longer than my oldest has been alive.
Maybe you had a bad experience, that we'd all like to know about, or maybe your a competitor. Either way, you gotta justify a post like that.
Just a thought.

ratso
03-24-2002, 12:47 PM
Maybe he is at the lake in his DemCraft.

gimprvr
03-24-2002, 02:06 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by 24ROD:
[B]SkaterFast....Two questions...what are you smoking and why aren't you sharing? Go out of business and take your $$??? The guy has been building boats longer than my oldest has been alive.
Maybe you had a bad experience, that we'd all like to know about, or maybe your a competitor. Either way, you gotta justify a post like that.
Just a thought.
Hey 24Rod, I know the experience Skaterfast is speaking of, it was a raw deal.
I am sure he hasn't had a chance to read the board since he made the post, he's got the boat lifted off the trailer and he's painting it. I'll let him know you guys are interested in his story, whether or not he chooses to share is up to him. Don't hang him yet.

24ROD
03-24-2002, 02:22 PM
I definately would like to hear what is eating SkaterFast. I'm always up for some good gossip, especially if it's concerning the maker of my boat.

24ROD
03-24-2002, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by ratso:
Maybe he is at the lake in his DemCraft.
Woof!
[This message has been edited by 24ROD (edited March 24, 2002).]

ratso
03-24-2002, 03:25 PM
Hey gimprvr...What is SkaterFast painting on his hull? Was it something for cosmetics or did he do some work on it?

gimprvr
03-24-2002, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by ratso:
Hey gimprvr...What is SkaterFast painting on his hull? Was it something for cosmetics or did he do some work on it?
He was painting the trailer. He had a write up in hot boat last year 3 full pages , you may remember it, REPO RESTO.

24ROD
03-24-2002, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by gimprvr:
He was painting the trailer. He had a write up in hot boat last year 3 full pages , you may remember it, REPO RESTO.
Sweet. Anyone who get's three pages in the mag is worth listening to. I'd really be interested in hearing what he has to say about Bob.

glamis
03-24-2002, 09:30 PM
I owned a 24ft cheetah for 3 years I just traded it in Sept. Anyway I never had a real problem with it, small things they had no problem fixing. They have even baby-sat it, after being serviced, for me till I could come back in 2 weeks to get it. Bobs a great guy, a little forget full, so do make sure you keep reminding till its been done. My opinion on the boat is its a great RIVER boat not good on big choppey water and the wind will scare the s**t out of you! For that reason, having 3 little kids on board, that you have to hang onto, I traded it for a deep v to handle the water that the Cheetah wouldn't. I think if you dont have kids in this boat you'll be fine. BTW~ my old one is for sale at sleekcraft.com. Good luck!

KCook
03-24-2002, 09:49 PM
glamis - Waves I can understand. But wind??? Could you please elaborate on this a little.
Thanks,
Kelly Cook

Skaterfast
03-24-2002, 11:47 PM
I was about 14 at the time of our 3rd purchase from Bob Burns.Knew him Like a friend.Went to his Christmas parties in the Harbour,etc.He was going out of business and told my dad our boat would be the last one.He says "can I have 6k to get it started"?Sure my dad said.After all they were friends.Soon as he got our 6k he split town and didn't here from him for about 7 or 8 years.Seventeen years of courts and we finally got 12k back.Do not give him any money up front.Maybe he has changed and is a great guy?But in my book once a crook always a crook.

DogHouse
03-25-2002, 03:13 PM
Skaterfast, I can see why you don't think much of Bob. I'd be pissed too if someone took off with six grand of mine. Maybe I'll ask him about it if I ever get around to shopping for a CX29. Glad your dad recovered some of the loss.
-brian

glamis
03-25-2002, 07:30 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KCook:
[B]glamis - Waves I can understand. But wind??? Could you please elaborate on this a little.
I was in a storm or two and the wind dam neer blew my boat over .One time at powell i was racing this guy and hit a big wake going into the wind, the bow was strait up in the air it almost threw
my brother in law out of the back seat. if my wife was with me i would have been dead.

ratso
03-25-2002, 07:45 PM
That is a combo of waves and wind and a lot of trim!

Sandbar Mike
03-26-2002, 09:29 AM
I definitley keep mine on the trailer when the bad wind is out,

bigq
03-26-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by glamis:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by KCook:
[B]glamis - Waves I can understand. But wind??? Could you please elaborate on this a little.
I was in a storm or two and the wind dam neer blew my boat over .One time at powell i was racing this guy and hit a big wake going into the wind, the bow was strait up in the air it almost threw
my brother in law out of the back seat. if my wife was with me i would have been dead.
I take it this is because of the bottom design. Would not all tunnels or cats that pack air lift more into the wind. I had a 19' CP gull wing and it lifted quite a bit more in the wind.

24RODjr
03-26-2002, 04:58 PM
I've seen 24ROD's boat...while I think that the cheetah Gel coat's aren't that great...Gotta love the triple fade flame...Purple never looked so good...
And my opinions have nothing to do with the fact that I own half that pretty vessle.
Sup POP!!!!

ratso
03-26-2002, 05:10 PM
24RODjr...Welcome to the forums.

24RODjr
03-26-2002, 05:40 PM
Thanks Ratso...Pops speaks highly of you..

24RODjr
03-26-2002, 08:30 PM
So pop and I were talking...he's stuck up in Camarillo through the week...
We were wondering if any other Cheetah boat owners ever hook up on havasu, aside from the usual party at the sandbar...
Let me know if there are any party's out there that we should know about

DogHouse
03-27-2002, 11:35 AM
Jr & Sr, no regattas that I'm aware of. When I see another Cheeter I usually try to stop by and say hi. I even see Bob out in the channel now and then. I will be at Havasu for the April 20 weekend with my 23 and a friend with another 23. That's two, if you show up that'll be 3... Sounds like the start of a party to me! I know there are a couple more Cheetah guys on the boards, maybe a few more lurking?
-brian

Hustler
03-27-2002, 11:52 AM
I will be at Havasu for the April 20 weekend
hey Doghouse, thats the weekend of the BBSPIV are you guys going to come by? we need as many big blocks out there as we can get.
Hustler

DogHouse
03-27-2002, 01:39 PM
Who me?
Big block what big block? http://free.***boat.net/ubb/rolleyes.gif
Yup we'll be there. Mostly just planning on spectating... Unfortunately I'm running a wimpy Bravo, not good for hard launches. (or at least not more than one!) Maybe I'll just park mine on the beach and ride with my buddy. His SSM will put up with a lot more abuse! If that doesn't work I'll just kick back and empty the cooler.
-brian

Hustler
03-27-2002, 01:58 PM
If I get the barge put back together in time I'll be out there watching from the side lines trying to empty my coolers full of sivers, Hope to see ya there
Hustler

24RODjr
03-27-2002, 05:18 PM
Jr & Sr, no regattas that I'm aware of. When I see another Cheeter I usually try to stop by and say hi. I even see Bob out in the channel now and then. I will be at Havasu for the April 20 weekend with my 23 and a friend with another 23. That's two, if you show up that'll be 3... Sounds like the start of a party to me! I know there are a couple more Cheetah guys on the boards, maybe a few more lurking?
-brian
I'm with ya there...I always make an effort to toss props to my fellow cheeters...
What does your boat(s) look like? Pops and I pimp LARGE *wink wink* in the channel with a White Close bow with purple&blue flames

HeavyHitter
03-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Doghouse is white with maroon, purple and green stripes. The yet un-named turbo hemi cheetah is white with green flames. Not much room for a name with the 5" extension box and the #4 speedmaster hanging off it. Hope to see some more BB's at the BBSP. If I can find a friend to tow the other boat I'll bring both turbos out.

DogHouse
03-27-2002, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by HeavyHitter:
If I can find a friend to tow the other boat I'll bring both turbos out.
Both? That makes four by my count! Maybe Toast will come out and play for the weekend if he's not too burnt...

24RODjr
03-28-2002, 08:58 AM
Doghouse is white with maroon, purple and green stripes. The yet un-named turbo hemi cheetah is white with green flames. Not much room for a name with the 5" extension box and the #4 speedmaster hanging off it. Hope to see some more BB's at the BBSP. If I can find a friend to tow the other boat I'll bring both turbos out.
Heavy...how old is your boat? Did you buy it with all the goodies installed? Bob was building our boat and there was one BAMF in the shop being built about the same time. It matches the desc. of yours. I swore I'd never race that boat.

24ROD
03-28-2002, 09:15 PM
hey 24RODjr whats up? I'll be back home this weekend looking forward to a little boating action are you in?

HeavyHitter
03-29-2002, 07:13 AM
24RODjr, I ordered the boat February 2001 expecting it to be done in the new mold. When the mold wasn't finished in June I gave Bob the go ahead to do it in the old mold. I picked it up in late July to put the engine and drive in. Gave it back to him in August to finish the upholstery around the purple hemi. If you saw it, it had a #3 speedamster at the time. I've changed to a #4 to get a better X dimension. After getting a custom made Mazco RE4 the boat is really starting to move.

24RODjr
03-29-2002, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by 24ROD:
hey 24RODjr whats up? I'll be back home this weekend looking forward to a little boating action are you in?
That's just wrong Pop....takin the boat out while I'm stuck in Yucaipa....I'd do the same to you!

24RODjr
03-29-2002, 09:19 AM
24RODjr, I ordered the boat February 2001 expecting it to be done in the new mold. When the mold wasn't finished in June I gave Bob the go ahead to do it in the old mold. I picked it up in late July to put the engine and drive in. Gave it back to him in August to finish the upholstery around the purple hemi. If you saw it, it had a #3 speedamster at the time. I've changed to a #4 to get a better X dimension. After getting a custom made Mazco RE4 the boat is really starting to move.
I've seen that boat...I believe it was at Bob's shop when ours was being built. I think my words to 24ROD were along the lines of, "Remember that boat...Let's not race that guy....ever."
How much speed do you get out of that setup?

HeavyHitter
03-29-2002, 10:42 AM
I've gotten it up to 117 but it was porpoising a bit there. I looked at how high I've been running the trim and it's only up 1.75 degrees so I need to try more up to see if the air stays packed under the boat better. Taking it out again this weekend so I'll let you know how it does.

24ROD
03-30-2002, 09:23 PM
I've gotten it up to 117 but it was porpoising a bit there. I looked at how high I've been running the trim and it's only up 1.75 degrees so I need to try more up to see if the air stays packed under the boat better. Taking it out again this weekend so I'll let you know how it does.
This is 24RODjr posting on Pops PC....
117?!? Jesus...didn't think the 24' could get up that fast. Gotta let me know if you can get any more out of your setup....safely of course.

DogHouse
03-31-2002, 08:50 AM
This is 24RODjr posting on Pops PC....
117?!? Jesus...didn't think the 24' could get up that fast. Gotta let me know if you can get any more out of your setup....safely of course.
Well the 24 can't go that fast, but the 23 on the other hand... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
Actually I would think a closed bow 24 would have better top end potential than the 23. I've just never seen one with really big hp to back it up.
Unfortunately he blew up the coupling plate between the engine and trans this weekend before I got a ride in the beast. Too much lead-footin' I guess. That left us with just my boat to play with. Not quite the same but still fun.
-brian

bigq
03-31-2002, 09:27 AM
Well the 24 can't go that fast, but the 23 on the other hand... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif
Actually I would think a closed bow 24 would have better top end potential than the 23. I've just never seen one with really big hp to back it up.
Unfortunately he blew up the coupling plate between the engine and trans this weekend before I got a ride in the beast. Too much lead-footin' I guess. That left us with just my boat to play with. Not quite the same but still fun.
-brian
I thought Bob the owner had a 24' that was fast?

DogHouse
03-31-2002, 10:06 AM
Was that the white/red one with a blown 454 that did 90-something? The one I'm thinking of had over transom headers. I don't know if that was Bob's or someone else's. These days, Bob's usually running one of his party cats.
-brian

Craig
03-31-2002, 12:12 PM
So, Doghouse, how's that new motor running? Any improvement over the previous as far as top speed goes????
Craig

DogHouse
03-31-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Craig:
So, Doghouse, how's that new motor running? Any improvement over the previous as far as top speed goes????
Craig
Howdy Craig! Running good so far, but kinda fat between 2000-3000. Wasn't running the GPS yesterday. We did pull a couple hundred more rpm than I've ever seen up at Apache, close to 6k, with a full load of fuel. I think we surprised a couple of v-drives that were racing around at sunset when we drove past them. It's not a night/day difference, but I think it's a little stronger than last year. Should be a consistent 90 mph runner. Now I need a shorty drive to get the X up where it ought to be. Nice to be filling up with pump gas again at a buck and a half a gallon. Does seem to have a small oil leak... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/mad.gif I'll have to hunt that down and kill it right away.
So your tank project is getting close to done? I bet you can't wait to get back in the water!
-brian

Craig
03-31-2002, 04:36 PM
Cool deal on the performance! Yup, just finished all the &^%$ 'glass work today. Clean it all up tomorrow and check on some carpet. Then just gelcoat the exposed areas and bolting the whole damn interior back in and hitting the lake!
See ya' there!
Craig

24RODjr
04-01-2002, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by Craig:
Cool deal on the performance! Yup, just finished all the &^%$ 'glass work today. Clean it all up tomorrow and check on some carpet. Then just gelcoat the exposed areas and bolting the whole damn interior back in and hitting the lake!
See ya' there!
Craig
I'm curious Craig...what's the project?
Note to all. Pops and I are planning on being up in Havasu on the 27th of this month. Any other Cheetah's that are planning on being up there then, drop us a line.
-Chris

Craig
04-01-2002, 05:00 PM
The one fuel tank in my Sport Cat started leaking due to it sitting on carpet that gets wet and then erodes. I cut both tanks out, Advantage gave me two new tanks. I glassed it all in but the dumb ass mixing the resin/hardner used the wrong directions on the cans. Today the 'glass was still soft. I ended up ripping it all out. Came out like old sticky masking tape. Oh well, time to do it again (right this time) next weekend. BTW, the dumbass mixing the resin was fired, oh yeah, that was me as well!!
Craig

KCook
04-03-2002, 07:51 AM
Hey - Just tell us it doesn't glow in the dark http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
Kelly

Craig
04-03-2002, 10:52 AM
Maybe I should try and get some of that super duper nuclear stuff, bring it home and melt everything together!!!

DogHouse
04-03-2002, 11:45 AM
No Craig, your boat is plenty "hot" enough as it is... And please tell Tonna to stop taunting me with her century+ pass! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/tongue.gif
-brian
edit note: damn smilies!
[This message has been edited by DogHouse (edited April 03, 2002).]

24ROD
04-06-2002, 09:49 PM
anyone here going to be at the spring heatwave poker run?

24RODjr
04-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Looks like Meg and I are gonna be there...see what happens when I take off to Mammoth for the weekend...Covert Pops Operations
anyone here going to be at the spring heatwave poker run?

Craig
04-07-2002, 05:26 AM
We're there!

24ROD
04-07-2002, 06:29 AM
hey jr no covert it's a given you and meg will be there with us! Mr Dawson and his lady may also be going. So that makes two more Cheetahs.

24RODjr
04-08-2002, 08:21 AM
Sweetness Pops...now that the snow season is over let the Bikini...er...um...I mean boating season begin...
Anyone know how to post Photos in here?
hey jr no covert it's a given you and meg will be there with us! Mr Dawson and his lady may also be going. So that makes two more Cheetahs.

24RODjr
04-12-2002, 04:48 PM
So any other cheetah's going up to Havasu on the weekend of April 27th?

24ROD
04-13-2002, 06:00 AM
Hey there I'm back bin workin out of town. Not much time for the fun stuff. So really looking forward to the weekend of the 26 to go do some serious playing. Hey RODjr are you ready for the nascar deal?

24ROD
04-14-2002, 07:28 AM
any of you guys notice the line-up of boats for the spring heatwave. wow.. wow.. you can see the list at arizona ***boats. once again wow...............

24RODjr
04-16-2002, 07:28 PM
any of you guys notice the line-up of boats for the spring heatwave. wow.. wow.. you can see the list at arizona ***boats. once again wow...............
Looks like everyone else has fallen off pop! The nascar deal was off the hook, but still not as much fun as kiting the ROD
Anyway, if I don't see you before, see you after SF

okburp
04-16-2002, 08:26 PM
i just bought a 24 deck from cheetah in march. so far so good. 496 mag. full of fuel and 4 friends with top up 60 mph. interior and gelcoat look great. knock on wood no problems so far. there are tiny things that would make a huge difference, but who am i....any comments/questions, lets talk.

DogHouse
04-16-2002, 09:03 PM
Okburp, you wouldn't happen to know Robert with the white/blue/yellow CX29 would ya? Noticed you're both from Palmdale, just curious.
-brian

24RODjr
04-17-2002, 01:25 PM
OKburp:
How do you like the Deck? Pop and I have the closed bow 24' Speed is the same, and I agree...interior and exterior are fine, but the little things...oh those little things...
I went on a quest to eliminate the "rinky-dink" shit after we bought ours. New knobs, powder coated metal pieces, new system...
I gotta say, for the $$$ though, can't beat the boat.
Originally posted by okburp:
i just bought a 24 deck from cheetah in march. so far so good. 496 mag. full of fuel and 4 friends with top up 60 mph. interior and gelcoat look great. knock on wood no problems so far. there are tiny things that would make a huge difference, but who am i....any comments/questions, lets talk.

bigq
04-17-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by 24RODjr:
I went on a quest to eliminate the "rinky-dink" shit after we bought ours. New knobs, powder coated metal pieces, new system...
24RODjr,you bought the boat new and then replaced all the powder coated pieces and knobs, what gives?

24RODjr
04-18-2002, 01:29 PM
Negative....We purchased additional stuff (washdown, headlights) and the knobs for the "add-ons" were plastic. I replaced those. I also upgraded the system in the boat this winter...looking forward to makin the water dance when we drive through :-)
Originally posted by bigq:
24RODjr,you bought the boat new and then replaced all the powder coated pieces and knobs, what gives?

Sandbar Mike
04-19-2002, 06:21 AM
24ROD & 24RODJR,
WHAT'S YOUR STILLETO LOOK LIKE, I'LL KEEP AN EYE OUT FOR YOU NEXT WEEKEND.
MIKE

24ROD
04-20-2002, 05:21 PM
sadbar mike our boat is white with majenta, blue, and purple flames being pulled by a brand new atlantic blue Dodge Quad-cab 4x4 that belongs to my wife. That would be 24RODjr's MOM... Hey Mike what does your boat look like? And we will also look for you & looking forward to meeting some of the people on the forums.

24ROD
04-21-2002, 06:25 PM
anyone else from this thread going to be at havasu next weekend? after the poker run on sat. that leaves us all day sun and part of mon for socializing with fellow cheeters...can't wait till thurs. night to get on the way see-ya........

okburp
04-21-2002, 09:46 PM
i like the deck a lot, its my first boat, so i dont know any different. i did upgrade the cupholders on my own, and gave bob all of the radio, amps, speakers etc. to put in for me. your right for the money you can't beat the deal. i almost bought a production deckboat for almost the same cost, glad i didn't!!!!

Sandbar Mike
04-22-2002, 06:10 AM
Hey 24rod's
My 23 has a white hull with a blue/orange stripe from the front to about midway then transittions into purple checkers on to the back. I'll look for you guys, If you see us just yell for Mike or Jodi,
Have a safe haul out. Mike

24RODjr
04-22-2002, 04:03 PM
Thanks for the info Mike. We'll be looking for you this weekend.
OK. I like the decks, especiall if you have a family. As for the system upgrades...I feel ya there...just upgraded it, and evem 24RODMOM is happy with the thumpin cabin.
Hope to see all the Cheeters out in force at the poker run this weekend.
-24RODjr, A.K.A. "Lucky"
Originally posted by Sandbar Mike:
Hey 24rod's
My 23 has a white hull with a blue/orange stripe from the front to about midway then transittions into purple checkers on to the back. I'll look for you guys, If you see us just yell for Mike or Jodi,
Have a safe haul out. Mike

DogHouse
04-22-2002, 08:37 PM
Won't be making it to the poker run. Had lots of fun last weekend at BBSPIV. Havasu wasn't too crowded and there was plenty of flat water to blast around on. The Cheeter ran great, put up 91.5 on the GPS. You guys have fun in the washing machine next weekend... Look out for the 40' 5-ton missiles running up and down the lake at warp 3!
-brian

24RODjr
04-22-2002, 11:11 PM
The washing machine...5 ton missles...when you put it like that...
Nah, We always manage to have fun...
92 in a cheeer? What do ya have in it?
Won't be making it to the poker run. Had lots of fun last weekend at BBSPIV. Havasu wasn't too crowded and there was plenty of flat water to blast around on. The Cheeter ran great, put up 91.5 on the GPS. You guys have fun in the washing machine next weekend... Look out for the 40' 5-ton missiles running up and down the lake at warp 3!
-brian

Sandbar Mike
04-23-2002, 06:18 AM
Hey Brian,
I'll definitley be watch'n our asses this weekend. I try to stay out the blender water,
Watch'n these guys run by you at over 100mph is a sweet sight, Remindes me of score Trophy Trucks, Catch up with you next time.
Mike

DogHouse
04-23-2002, 07:24 AM
92 in a cheeer? What do ya have in it?
Stock small block, plus or minus a couple hundred cubes.
-brian http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

24RODjr
04-23-2002, 08:01 AM
Gotcha there. Is it stable at that speed? Just curious, because (as if I have to tell you) that goin fast all trimmed out is tons of fun...so goin faster must be more fun...right?
Stock small block, plus or minus a couple hundred cubes.
-brian http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

blown23vee
04-24-2002, 08:10 PM
Hey doghouse, didn't know you were running new power...toast the old one?? Just curious...no 29 yet, huh?
blown23

DogHouse
04-24-2002, 09:06 PM
Took last year's motor apart BEFORE it grenaded because it was suffering from some very low oil pressure by the end of last season. While we were in there we found some surface cracking on the crank. Decided to replace it rather than screw with welding, regrinding, etc. The guy who originally sold me the block had done some sloppy machine work so we cleaned that up too. Now the clearances are better and with the new pan/pickup, oil pressure is happy again. It's a little bigger now too, up to 588, and compression is back down below 10 so I can run pump gas. The whole package runs slightly stronger than last year. The boat is a lot of fun with this motor, accelerates like crazy and handles the speed just fine. If the propshaft wasn't 9" below the keel I think it'd be over the century mark. Oh well.
I'm kinda over the 29 lust. Just can't get excited about a big slow V. Current "dream boat" is a 27 Ultra Shadow Cat. Like to trade mine in and do a motor swap... Someday!
-brian

24ROD
04-25-2002, 08:52 PM
Hey Sandbar Mike We will definatly be keeping an eye out for you. It's thurs night and I'm going to take about a four hour nap then head out. Let the good times roll.

blown23vee
04-25-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks for the reply...have to actually meet you guys one of these days. You in town this weekend...ie lake pleasant, or are you doing the poker run?? We'll be on pleasant this sunday 'cause we're headed to the Eliminator regatta in a couple weeks.
blown23 (Rick)

DogHouse
04-25-2002, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by blown23vee:
Thanks for the reply...have to actually meet you guys one of these days. You in town this weekend...ie lake pleasant, or are you doing the poker run?? We'll be on pleasant this sunday 'cause we're headed to the Eliminator regatta in a couple weeks.
blown23 (Rick)
We're in town this weekend but have some family stuff to go to. I might be able to sneak out for a few hours on Sunday. Let me work on that and get back to ya tomorrow.
-brian

24RODjr
04-26-2002, 06:09 AM
I'm with ya on the 27 Shadow. What a boat! Now if only I could get Mrs. 24RODjr, and the rest of the ROD family on board....
I'm kinda over the 29 lust. Just can't get excited about a big slow V. Current "dream boat" is a 27 Ultra Shadow Cat. Like to trade mine in and do a motor swap... Someday!
-brian[/B][/QUOTE]

DogHouse
04-27-2002, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by blown23vee:
blown23 (Rick)
Started working on the boat this afternoon to replumb the oil cooler, doesn't look like it'll be ready for tomorrow. Shoulda left well enough alone! We'll have to catch up with you next time.
-brian

blown23vee
04-28-2002, 06:55 AM
Oh well...next time. Probably why I havn't started putting on the intercooler & smaller pulley yet...afraid I might down the boat longer than I want!
Later,
Blown23 (Rick)

24ROD
04-29-2002, 08:17 AM
Sanbar Mike did not get to meet you, the Rods lost the outdrive at the end of first leg of poker run.... We took off on the third flight, heading to the north end of the lake. just as it was time for us to take off for our helecopter photo for second leg she let go... major bummer. oh well we will get it fixed and hope to hook up with you next time.

BoatPI
04-29-2002, 08:59 PM
Well here is some insight, not necessarly for C Bob's boats. Just the buniness, inside and out.
Like any business, giving up money for a deposit is risky. PERIOD. In the boat business, and $300 to that.
#2. If you are purachsing a boat with a MErcury engine, ALWAYS look at the engine nukmber, usually on a tab near the starter, and match it to the warranty card. If someone asks what's up, and they do not have the card, walk away and hope they do not have your MONEY. They are often crooks placing used or take out engines in "new" boats. With Merc, no card mailed in, NO warranty! No card, maybe stolen motor? Think not. It's the boat business.

24ROD
04-30-2002, 08:34 PM
Well well to all our fellow Cheeters, just thought I would let you know that while the 24'ROD is at Teague Custom Marine getting the outdrive redone. 24RODjr & I
desided to have a Pro-charger installed...
were pretty jazzed about it and can't wait to get the boat back to try it out. Will keep you all posted.
Carlos

boatnam2
05-01-2002, 10:07 AM
way to step to the plate and throw a few extra ponies at it 24rod,i like your style!

24RODjr
05-03-2002, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by boatnam2:
way to step to the plate and throw a few extra ponies at it 24rod,i like your style!
I'm just wondering if the Pro Charger will make the boat look any nicer sitting in the channel on Memorial Day, while Pop and I are kickin back?
:-)

24RODjr
05-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Here is the 24ROD. No Supercharger in this pic...and no women either....Both will change in the next photo.
http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives&image=TheBoys.JPG&img=&tt=
[This message has been edited by 24RODjr (edited May 03, 2002).]

playdeep
05-03-2002, 11:03 PM
Are you guys gonna set up a rematch with the helicopter? If so let me know I wanna be there...j/k

24ROD
05-04-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by playdeep:
Are you guys gonna set up a rematch with the helicopter? If so let me know I wanna be there...j/k
No rematch with the helicopter is in the works. But you never know. Hey Mike hows the weather in New Mexico? It's about 80 here in so-cal. Can't wait to get the boat back from the shop. Hate to waist good boating weather.

24ROD
05-04-2002, 03:20 PM
24jr nice.........

cheetah24
05-04-2002, 04:34 PM
Hi everyone I'm new in here
Just wanted to ask what prop pitch you guys are running on your 24's I have a 21 four blade and I top out at 58 mph any of you guys try a different one ?

24ROD
05-04-2002, 08:22 PM
Well come aboard cheetah24! We are running a 22 pitch 4 blade bravo right now. But that will soon be changing to a 28 pitch. Hey what do you have for power in your ride? Is it a stilletto or a deck boat? And did you buy it from Bob or from Dory?

cheetah24
05-05-2002, 12:03 AM
Well come aboard cheetah24! We are running a 22 pitch 4 blade bravo right now. But that will soon be changing to a 28 pitch. Hey what do you have for power in your ride? Is it a stilletto or a deck boat? And did you buy it from Bob or from Dory?
Thanks for the welcome. It's a 2000 stiletto and we bought it from Bob, I've been told by Gary at G&S marine that I should go with a 21,3 blade to bring my RPM's up and it would also bring my speed up with it. At 58 MPH I'm only at 4300 RPM's and it should be up at around 4800.

24ROD
05-06-2002, 03:21 AM
Anyone from this thread going to be at Havasu for the HTM and friends deal?
The weekend of June7, we'll be there.

24RODjr
05-06-2002, 07:31 AM
Anyone from this thread going to be at Havasu for the HTM and friends deal?
The weekend of June7, we'll be there.
Not me pop....you know us young'ns...gotta party on memorial day... :-)

stilletto-joe
05-07-2002, 03:14 PM
Hey all, long time reader but new to the writing part. Anyway wanted to know if any of you have the 6.2 377 mpi with a bravo one in your Cheetah, and if you do, do you like it?. Also wanted to know your top speed (in the 24 stilletto). My new boat should be done in about another week (yeah right)with this set-up, and I was curious to what anyone had to say about the set-up. Thanks, Joey.

24RODjr
05-07-2002, 05:30 PM
My new boat should be done in about another week (yeah right)with this set-up, and I was curious to what anyone had to say about the set-up. Thanks, Joey.
Joe...Been there, done that....Allow me to translate...I speak several languanges; English, Spanish, German, and Cheetah Bobish
Next week = By the end of summer...Nice guy, good boat, but not the best at keeping a tight timeframe....
Pop and I are flyin with the Closed Bow 24 with the 454 MPI and Bravo one...before the turbo charger we got almost 60 MPH...but after...ahhhhhhhhhhhh yeah! We'll be the flamin' blur...if Mr. Teague is as good as everyone says.

stilletto-joe
05-07-2002, 06:09 PM
Well......... thankfully I bought the boat through Dory in Upland, and is being built by him and the people that he knows. To sum it up, Dory got a bare hull from Bob and wanted to do it up himself (interior, paint, rigging, etc, etc). The boat is looking awesome. It is white with deep metallic purple tribal flames. Also flames through the bow seats and the hatch. Can hardly wait........or should I say that I have been waiting.j/k

bigq
05-07-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by stilletto-joe:
Well......... thankfully I bought the boat through Dory in Upland, and is being built by him and the people that he knows. To sum it up, Dory got a bare hull from Bob and wanted to do it up himself (interior, paint, rigging, etc, etc). The boat is looking awesome. It is white with deep metallic purple tribal flames. Also flames through the bow seats and the hatch. Can hardly wait........or should I say that I have been waiting.j/k
Hey, back up the stilleto! Dory in the upland shop can put the boat together or is this a one time shot/friend thing he is doing.Also who is he using for the install, the interior and such.the reason i ask is I have been to the upland place and was under the impression Doy was only helping Bob out with the sales down here in SoCal.
thanks, wayne

stilletto-joe
05-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Hey, back up the stilleto! Dory in the upland shop can put the boat together or is this a one time shot/friend thing he is doing.Also who is he using for the install, the interior and such.the reason i ask is I have been to the upland place and was under the impression Doy was only helping Bob out with the sales down here in SoCal.
thanks, wayne
As far as I know, Dory has only done this sort of thing a few times. He normaly just runs the showroom, sells the boats and then sends the work order to Bob. 99.9% of the Cheetah's are built by Bob in Havasu.
I have only seen a few Cheetah's in the showroom, so as far as the quality difference, I really have nothing to compare mine to.

okburp
05-08-2002, 04:14 PM
FYI I HAVE HAD MY 24 DECK FOR 2 MONTHS, NO PROBLEMS, NO REGRETS. I ORIGINALLY SPOKE WITH DORY AND THEN EVERYTHING ELSE WAS WITH BOB.DELVERY DATE RIGHT ON TIME. SEE U ALL MEMORIAL WEEKEND. I HAVE ORANGE/MAROON TRIBAL FLAMES BACK TO FRONT AND A BIG GRIN ON MY FACE....

24ROD
05-08-2002, 06:13 PM
stilletto-joe
I un-like you am not a big Dorky fan. Went to look at the boats he had in Upland before we got ours from Bob. Liked Bobs personal touch much better. The only problem with Bob is he gets confused when it comes to calanders. But he's a great guy in my book.
see-ya

24RODjr
05-09-2002, 07:36 AM
stilletto-joe
I un-like you am not a big Dorky fan. Went to look at the boats he had in Upland before we got ours from Bob. Liked Bobs personal touch much better. The only problem with Bob is he gets confused when it comes to calanders. But he's a great guy in my book.
see-ya
I'm with you Pop...I didn't much care for Dory the couple of times that we met him...Bob has also stored the boat for us and helped us out quite a bit during our "thing" last summer. A class act in my book.

24RODjr
05-09-2002, 10:07 AM
I'll post this question to the group...
What do you all think about trim tabs (hydraulic or manual) for the TurboCheetah? I've talked with some people who don't know $hit and I'd just like to get an informed opinion before I go se Dr. Bob next week.
Thanks,
-Chris

DogHouse
05-09-2002, 11:23 AM
Don't think you'll need the tabs. Mine works just fine without them. At least try the boat with the new hp before spending extra money on tabs. I thought you guys were doing a Procharger, not turbos?
-brian

24RODjr
05-09-2002, 01:40 PM
Don't think you'll need the tabs. Mine works just fine without them. At least try the boat with the new hp before spending extra money on tabs. I thought you guys were doing a Procharger, not turbos?
-brian
Doggie Dog,
You are correct. The procharger is what's goin' in (today?!?!). I'll give it a shot, without the Tabs. How much HP are you pushing?
Since we are on the subject,aren't all the Pro, Whipple, Vortec, Et. All chargers the same essentially?

24RODjr
05-09-2002, 02:06 PM
grr Having a tough time with pics posting...
[IMG] http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives/TheBoys.JPG [IMG]
[This message has been edited by 24RODjr (edited May 09, 2002).]
[This message has been edited by 24RODjr (edited May 09, 2002).]

bigq
05-09-2002, 02:23 PM
Doggie Dog,
You are correct. The procharger is what's goin' in (today?!?!). I'll give it a shot, without the Tabs. How much HP are you pushing?
Since we are on the subject,aren't all the Pro, Whipple, Vortec, Et. All chargers the same essentially?
Jr. turbo and blower are different, but I guess you could group them all as superchargers. The turbo works off the exhaust to blow the impeller. The Vortech, Procharger, Whipple all are driven from the crank. The positive displacement blowers ie...Whipple are different from the Centrifugal ie... Vortech, Procharger.A turbo is centrifugal also, the air is being thrown away from the center of the impeller to the outer edges where it would exit to the motor.
Thanks, Wayne

24RODjr
05-09-2002, 02:39 PM
Bigq, Thanks for the education. Is there a general school of thought as to which is better in the procharger category? Just curious.
Jr. turbo and blower are different, but I guess you could group them all as superchargers. The turbo works off the exhaust to blow the impeller. The Vortech, Procharger, Whipple all are driven from the crank. The positive displacement blowers ie...Whipple are different from the Centrifugal ie... Vortech, Procharger.A turbo is centrifugal also, the air is being thrown away from the center of the impeller to the outer edges where it would exit to the motor.
Thanks, Wayne

bigq
05-09-2002, 02:54 PM
I have heard different things said about both, but I believe the Vortech comes with a remapped ECU also as opposed to the procharger.As for which is better I could not say. I run a Vortech on my stang, but putting one on a marine motor is a different animal. Do you know how much boost he is going to set it up for?

DogHouse
05-09-2002, 04:22 PM
How much HP are you pushing?
Made 769hp/760ft-lbs on the dyno with headers. I'm currently running EMI manifolds so I figure more like 750hp in the boat.
-brian
Edit note: Oops, damn smilies. Sorry for the double post...
[This message has been edited by DogHouse (edited May 09, 2002).]

DogHouse
05-09-2002, 04:22 PM
How much HP are you pushing?
Made 769hp/760ft-lbs on the dyno with headers. I'm currently running EMI manifolds so I figure more like 750hp in the boat.
-brian

24RODjr
05-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Wow...750HP....impressive.
I'm not sure how much boost he's going to run to start, but I do know that it'll be pretty mild until we upgrade teh pistons, and get some head work done...
Anyone gonna be at Havasu over memorial day?
-brian
Edit note: Oops, damn smilies. Sorry for the double post...
[This message has been edited by DogHouse (edited May 09, 2002).]

24ROD
05-11-2002, 03:40 PM
24jr
Rumor has it that Dr Bob is going to set it up using 3lbs. As long as we ie you and me can remember to not stand on it for extended periods we'll be alright. As far as the tabs let's drive the thing and see how it acts.
late...

24ROD
05-12-2002, 07:17 AM
What's up everyone? Anybody but me wake up early on a sunday mourning, when there not at the lake? Of course not......

24RODjr
05-12-2002, 10:05 PM
What's up everyone? Anybody but me wake up early on a sunday mourning, when there not at the lake? Of course not......
Pop, I think we were the only ones without a boat this weekend http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif

24RODjr
05-13-2002, 09:56 PM
Pop, I think we were the only ones without a boat this weekend http://free.***boat.net/ubb/frown.gif
Just a little FYI to all the Cheeters out there. 24RODjr and friends will be channel side (havasu of course) all of memorial weekend. Anyone else gonna be there?

okburp
05-15-2002, 02:49 PM
i will definately be there!!!!!

24RODjr
05-16-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by okburp:
i will definately be there!!!!!
What's your boat look like? Scroll up, you can catch a look at our boat by clicking on a link
-Chris

24ROD
05-18-2002, 04:04 PM
Second weekend no boat. Don't know how much longer I can hang! Well I'm sure it will be worth the wait right jr!

24RODjr
05-20-2002, 09:05 AM
Ahh yeah it'll be worth it...well worth the wait....Super Cheetah comin soon!

24ROD
05-24-2002, 07:46 PM
For all you Cheeters out there. Just got off the phone with 24Rodjr from Havasu. Happy to report that the pro-charger install kicks ass.

ratso
05-24-2002, 08:12 PM
Can we just rename this the 24rod and 24rodjr and doghouse thread? HEHEHEHE
How many months has this thing been up?
DAMN!!! I'm gonna wait for this thing to die down and pull it up out of the blue sometime NEXT YEAR! Take it easy guys...Have a safe weekend.

24ROD
05-27-2002, 06:59 AM
ratso; not a bad idea, on the rename of the thread. I think it should be called 24ROD,
24RODjr, Doghouse, ratso thread! When jr gets back in town I'll discuss it with him.
what do you say are you in? You would definatly be a worthy addition to the club!
One question does the name have anything to do with your love of the one and only CHEVROLET RAAAAAT? TEHEHEHE....

24RODjr
05-29-2002, 09:47 PM
Well....the supercharger report is in...try not to laugh:
1. Picked it up at Teague's shop on friday morning. Said he got the Cheeter to 81 on GPS. Promptly drove to havasu
2. Got off the 10E at desert center, and realized the stearing in my Tahoe was rapidly going out.
3. Limped the truck and boat to parker. Got the stearing adjusted, but not fixed, and limped to havasu.
4. Got the boat on the lake at about 1730. Confirmed that it now hauls some serious ass. :-D
5. Had the CD Changer snaked friday night
6. Partied like a rock star in the channel on sat.
7. Found out I'd have to stay till tuesday to get the Tahoe fixed.
8. left the boat on the trailer on Sunday (too rough, and the truck wouldn't turn left at this point). Partied anyway.
9. Took the boat out Monday. Started the trip from Havasu to the Avi. got about 80% of the way there when the boat started to slow and overheat. Poped the hatch and found oil everywhere. Too much pressure (I think) blew out the dip stick and emptied the engine. No damage though, I cut it before anything got toasted.
10. Limped the boat back to Havasu (wife driving, my hand on the dipstick [pull your minds out of the gutter])
11. Got the truck fixed...drove home...caught a cold.
12. Getting the boat fixed tomorrow. Wish me luck.
Gotta love memorial day weekend...better than last year!
-Chris

KTM
05-30-2002, 04:34 AM
Hello Cat Owners,
OK, I've read all the posts on this topic.
What I want to know is where is their a website that I can look at CATS.
I've heard all about the Cheetahs, Ultra Shadows and would like to see what the difference is. Buy the way what is a Howard Cat?
I would like to buy a faster & better boat, but I've read where some people are only getting 58-60. I also read $$$ for $$$ that they are a good boat. What I want is a 90-100 mph boat that I do not have to build up?
Does cat make them to run at those speeds without ripping out the engine to make more HP? What are the normal prices as well? I talked to a dealer the other day and was told he had a 2002 26' cat (forget what kind) that had a 509 supercharged motor with 2 holleys on it. He said 95 GPS, for $69,000.00 does that sound about right?
Sorry for all the questions, but they say you must crawl before you walk. I've done enough crawling and really want to bypass the walking part as well and just get on with running with the BIG DOGS!
Thanks,
KEN

DogHouse
05-30-2002, 01:17 PM
KTM,
Most of the builders have websights with plenty of pictures of their models, including the "Cats". My suggestion would be to spend some time searching the net to get an idea of what each manufacturer offers. Read some Powerboat & ***boat articals. Find a few models that you like and then go look in person and test drive if possible. Almost any custom boat builder will arrange engine upgrades so that you don't have to lift a finger. You're going to need a lot more than "stock" power to get to 100 mph. If you can afford it, the factory Mercury big HP engines are turn-key and reliable. In addition there are plenty of local engine builders that can work with your boat builder to put together a nice package for you. Once again, your boat builder can probably help steer you towards a shop that will build what you want.
The "Howard Cat" is just another catamaran style hull that is built by Howard Boats, one of many builders you should look into including Eliminator, DCB, Ultra, Force, Advantage, Magic, HTM, Lavey, Carrera, American Offshore, Cougar, Talon, Skater, Spectre, Awesome, and probably some others that I can't think of at the moment.
Good luck with your choice. BTW, have you been boating for a while? Just curious.
-brian

DogHouse
05-30-2002, 01:20 PM
Oops, forgot to mention that you can also get to 100 mph with stock power if you buy something like a 30' Daytona with a pair of 496 Mag HOs or maybe 500HP Mercs. Takes some deep pockets though.
-brian

HTM Lady
05-30-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by KTM:
Hello Cat Owners,
OK, I've read all the posts on this topic.
What I want to know is where is their a website that I can look at CATS.
I've heard all about the Cheetahs, Ultra Shadows and would like to see what the difference is. Buy the way what is a Howard Cat?
I would like to buy a faster & better boat, but I've read where some people are only getting 58-60. I also read $$$ for $$$ that they are a good boat. What I want is a 90-100 mph boat that I do not have to build up?
Does cat make them to run at those speeds without ripping out the engine to make more HP? What are the normal prices as well? I talked to a dealer the other day and was told he had a 2002 26' cat (forget what kind) that had a 509 supercharged motor with 2 holleys on it. He said 95 GPS, for $69,000.00 does that sound about right?
Sorry for all the questions, but they say you must crawl before you walk. I've done enough crawling and really want to bypass the walking part as well and just get on with running with the BIG DOGS!
Thanks,
KEN
KTM,
Contact Tom Slick under cats HTM for sale.
Sweet Boat, runs good and excellent price. You can e-mail me personnaly about a 2001 HTM does 140's . Know as MrPumps HTM is for sale. Higher price though.

24RODjr
05-30-2002, 06:36 PM
http://free.***boat.net/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Reader_Rides/Stern_Drives&image=TheBoys.JPG&img=36&tt=

24ROD
05-31-2002, 05:57 PM
Wow 24jr I feel your pain man! But as you said better than last year amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24ROD
07-04-2002, 07:00 AM
Just thought I would bring the old thread out of retirement to see if anybody was paying attention. Wasup!!!!!!!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif

ratso
07-04-2002, 07:34 AM
always

24ROD
07-04-2002, 09:07 AM
ratso my friend, How the heck are you? Have a great 4th be safe.
-Carlos

24RODjr
11-22-2002, 11:21 AM
DOH!!!

24RODjr
12-18-2002, 09:37 PM
Just for Havasulvr :D :D :D

syke-o
12-20-2002, 05:58 PM
:confused: :confused:

Havasu Luvr
12-20-2002, 07:09 PM
Chris,
I guess when you are a Cheetah owner you dont have a life...There are more Cheetah threads in here then the San Diego Zoo. :D
Life Sucks
HL

bigq
12-20-2002, 07:43 PM
I have a question for the Rods, jr or sr. I have a line on a 24 Cheetah that I looked at today. Not real thrilled with the gel design ,but I am getting anxious, been looking for six months now. Heres my question , and its cheezy, but the seats in this seemed to be lacking some padding in the rump area. Is this a trait of those boats. I don't want to throw my spine out of wack in Havasu chop. :D

24ROD
12-21-2002, 05:36 AM
bigq:
I have a question for the Rods, jr or sr. I have a line on a 24 Cheetah that I looked at today. Not real thrilled with the gel design ,but I am getting anxious, been looking for six months now. Heres my question , and its cheezy, but the seats in this seemed to be lacking some padding in the rump area. Is this a trait of those boats. I don't want to throw my spine out of wack in Havasu chop. :D bigq, yes this is a trait of this boat. But if your going fast enough you don't feel your spine being thrown out of wack wink

bigq
07-03-2003, 02:14 PM
Might as well bring back the original... :D :D :D

24ROD
07-03-2003, 04:56 PM
Why the hell not. wink