PDA

View Full Version : Lake Casitas...opening up to swimmers, skiers, ect...

n8dawg
07-13-2006, 05:37 PM
VERY important Casitas info...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thought I'd post this over here as well. Times running out! Thanks!
I feel that this is a fairly important topic, as for years we have not been able to set foot into lake Casitas. Last week while at the launch ramp, a ranger came up to us and asked us to slow it down a little since the speed limit on the water was only 40mph He also mentioned that the bureau of Reclamation was looking at making the lake usable to watersports enthusiasts. Anotherwords, being able to play in the water. The technology for water treatment has matured to the point whereas this is very possible. The first step in making this a reality is to write a letter to the below address, making sure to mention that you are a frequent user of this park, an outstanding member of the community, and would very much like to see lake Casitas graduate into the ranks of other "usable" watersports parks!!
The e-mail I have reads
Thank you for your inquires about water skiing at Lake Casitas. As the owner of the property, the Bureau of Reclamation is accepting written comments until July 15th to assist in developing potential recreational uses of Lake Casitas. Should you wish to comment, please forward them to:
repperson@mp.usbr.gov
and mail a copy to:
Lake Casitas RMP
c/o Virginia Gardner
URS Corporation
130 Robin Hill Road #100
Santa Barbara, Ca 93117
Brian Roney
Park Services Manager
Casitas Municipal Water District
805-649-2233 x111
Thanks AngryJosh

SIXDAYZ
07-13-2006, 07:31 PM
My email is on the way. Thanks for the heads up. It'd be very nice if they opened that lake for something other than fishing and driving in circles. But if it does happen, lets keep it on the down low :) .

shueman
07-13-2006, 07:37 PM
I'd bring my own water tester if I were you.... :220v:

n8dawg
07-13-2006, 08:58 PM
c'mon everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jyruiz
07-13-2006, 09:00 PM
Where is Lake Casitas at?

Jyruiz
07-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Forget it, I found out where it is located.

moneypit
07-13-2006, 10:03 PM
sent my email.. sounds great.. Screw Castaic!!