PDA

View Full Version : NOS Queastion

raisinL
07-13-2006, 06:01 PM
Anyone here using it? Thinkin about putting a sniper buck an a half shot. Ya know just to get around them turbo charged pwc out there. :)

UNCLE SAM
07-13-2006, 07:06 PM
If you have what it takes to support it. SPRAY IT

'75 Miller
07-13-2006, 08:02 PM
My new BBC is set up with a plate system. 150 shot. I still need to get my pump done so I haven't ran it yet, 'cept on the dyno. Should be a kick in the pants for sure.
Get a sniper or other kit if you want but definitely do your homework. It ain't hard to cause big damage with nos.
Matt

SmokinLowriderSS
07-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Am going to buy that one myself. Would have already but the budget took a few hits over winter. Yes, understand what you are doing, and filter everything. A clog of Nitrous supply hurts nothing when she goes rich. A clog of the fuel supply or other pressure/flow drop and she goes lean, and bad things happen RIGHT NOW.

IMPATIENT 1
07-14-2006, 05:26 AM
I Run A 200hp Hitman Kit, Love It!!it Doesn't Have A Bar, The Nozzles Are Built Into The Plate And Its Never Frooze Up On Me.i've Got @550hp On The Mill And 750hp On The Bottle, Love Nitrous!!!po Man's Blower!
Just Make Sure Your Bottom End Is To Par, And That You Have A High Volume Fuel System And You Should Be Ok!i Run H-beam Eagle Rods, Eagle Steel Crank, Forged Pistons,stainless Valves, And I Can Spray Up To 400hp According To Parts Specs.most "stock" Mills Can Hold A 100hp Shot, Yours Should Be Able To Handle It.

raisinL
07-15-2006, 03:00 AM
Just seeing if others like it on their jets. I run it on a few cars that I have and I really notice the power more on the stocker motors then the slightly modified motors. I built the boat mill to run pump gas but the price of gas now a days race fuel might of been the way to go.

Cs19
07-15-2006, 03:08 PM
[QUOTE=raisinL]Just seeing if others like it on their jets. QUOTE]
Nitrous engines and jetboats work awesome togethor.The quickest jets in the country are natrually aspirated with nitrous. The blown boats run good but they seem to leave alot on the table considering the amount of HP they are making.I think a nitrous jetboat has an advantage over the blown stuff for more reasons than weight savings.
Put some nitrous on but if your a do-it-yourselfer do yourself a favor and take the time to do some research on the stuff because you can hurt some parts real quick if your not careful or if you do poor installation.

Duane HTP
07-15-2006, 03:26 PM
We find what really workds well is the N2O on top of the blower. It acts like a very effecient interclooler and really makes some bad HP.
http://www.hi-techperformance.com/images/DCP_1769.jpg

Cs19
07-15-2006, 04:40 PM
Damn that looks pretty mean Duane. Have you ran that boat yet? That looks like the boat I saw at World Finals last year ??

Cs19
07-15-2006, 04:47 PM
http://hotrod.com/garage/113_0411_n2o/index.html
Here is a good article on nitrous, its like 5 pages but there is lots of good information there.
Ive been reading about nos alot lately and let me tell you there is alot to it. :)
Cant find anything on reading spark plugs with nitrous though, I know about reading the strap to see how much heat there is but what are the other important things to look for with NOS?

BOOGEYMAN
07-15-2006, 05:06 PM
CS19 GO TO www.yellowbullet.com that is Monty's site and he has some great artiles on reading nitrous plugs!!

BOOGEYMAN
07-15-2006, 05:07 PM
here you go
http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7255

Duane HTP
07-15-2006, 06:04 PM
CS-19, that is the boat. He's running at OKC this weekend.
We were going to be there with him running our Ervin Capps built Cheyenne, but we had serious motor problems come up and could not make it.

Cs19
07-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks Boogeyman!
The fuel ring is the part Im a little unsure about. He is saying the first pic is an ideal fuel ring, its only climbing up the porcelain till about that shoulder then it stops anything higher is rich, does that sound right?
The ground strap is failry easy to read but from what I was told you dont want to push that heat range all the way around the bend to be safe..I thought I remember hearing that unning the heat out to the bend in the strap is a pretty safe tune up.
Any thoughts on this?

BOOGEYMAN
07-15-2006, 06:39 PM
We tune all of our engines to run the timing mark right on the bend of the strap just above the first thread on the plug, that is the best way. If you can keep the fuel ring thin and a nice light brown just on the base then you are on an optimal tune! It can be quite amazing to see the results of your tune when you learn to read plugs and tune by them!
We do mostly car/dragster type of racing so we are able to just click it off at the end to get the best reading possible. Idleing down or driving back to the pits will never give you a true reading. So is it safe to run a boat at WOT and then just click it off? That is the only way to get a true reading of the plugs.