PDA

View Full Version : finally done!

jetboat
07-14-2006, 05:08 AM
heres the final pictures of a 1977 avenger,this is for all who helped.

jetboat
07-14-2006, 05:10 AM
avenger boat

YeLLowBoaT
07-14-2006, 05:11 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15508
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15509
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15510
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15511
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=15512

jetboat
07-14-2006, 05:12 AM
done.

IMPATIENT 1
07-14-2006, 05:15 AM
That's A Good Lookin Boat Steve! Very Nice And Tasteful!

jetboat
07-14-2006, 07:58 AM
thanks yellow boat for posting pics.

Devilman
07-17-2006, 05:48 AM
Looks real good, Steve. Glad to see you got it all together. Sure brought it a long way from the first pics you posted...
The important question is.... Have you run it yet? :rollside:

IMPATIENT 1
07-17-2006, 10:17 AM
Looks real good, Steve. Glad to see you got it all together. Sure brought it a long way from the first pics you posted...
The important question is.... Have you run it yet? :rollside:
HE'S RAN IT, ITS JUST DIDN'T RUN WELL.I'VE GOT THE BOAT AT MY HOUSE FOR A IGNITION AND FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADES.IT RAN A WHOPPY 43MPH THEN AND I THINK IT'LL SEE 60-65MPH GPS BY THE WEEKEND.ITS A SUPER NICE BOAT!!I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH STEVE AND HIS SON'S CREATION.

Devilman
07-17-2006, 12:05 PM
HE'S RAN IT, ITS JUST DIDN'T RUN WELL.I'VE GOT THE BOAT AT MY HOUSE FOR A IGNITION AND FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADES.IT RAN A WHOPPY 43MPH THEN AND I THINK IT'LL SEE 60-65MPH GPS BY THE WEEKEND.ITS A SUPER NICE BOAT!!I WAS VERY IMPRESSED WITH STEVE AND HIS SON'S CREATION.
I hear ya, main thing is they got it going. I'll be watching for updates on what you guys do to it. An ignition upgrade is definitely on the list for mine... :rollside: And yes, they have done a great job with it!!

jetboat
07-17-2006, 12:34 PM
I hear ya, main thing is they got it going. I'll be watching for updates on what you guys do to it. An ignition upgrade is definitely on the list for mine... :rollside: And yes, they have done a great job with it!!
thanks to all of you for the positive and helpfull things.its nice to get to know people who do what they say,and do it.ill pass the thanks to my son,hes very proud of his first project,and cant wait for us to start a truck.hes also sending some pictures to foose!againthanks everyone.

charlie f
07-17-2006, 02:09 PM
Steve....
I look forward to seeing it run after Impatient 1 gets through with it. You will be pleased.

Brazos River Rat
07-18-2006, 03:26 AM
Steve"
Can't wait to see it on the water . Let me know when you are heading to Plowman and I wll meet you guys there.
Thanks for every one that has help Steve and Matt out on this project ..

IMPATIENT 1
07-18-2006, 07:49 AM
should have steve's avenger finished tonite and take it for a spin on my local lake tommorrow evenin, get the idle mixture set, check timing on the water, and he said it wouldn't go at wot,see if that's cured.i see lots of potential in this boat! its got everything it needs to be a lake rod, jetboat is gonna need to save up some dough for this winter's upgrades!!!!!!

Brazos River Rat
07-18-2006, 08:00 AM
I here that , I need to do some upgrades myself. Like a 8-71 blower motor or N/A making 700 HP on pump gas.
It going to be fun watching Steve get the money from his boss ..
That will make a nice lake boat , I think he will be happy with it just to go to the lake and not have any problems .

IMPATIENT 1
07-18-2006, 08:25 AM
I here that , I need to do some upgrades myself. Like a 8-71 blower motor or N/A making 700 HP on pump gas.
It going to be fun watching Steve get the money from his boss ..
That will make a nice lake boat , I think he will be happy with it just to go to the lake and not have any problems .
man i wish i had a blower too! i like my nitrous and all, but its gettin to damn hard to find around here.i'm starting a 557bbf build that i hope will be around 700hp on the mill and 1000hp on the bottle, be nice to have a blown 557 that had a 1000hp all the time!!!
main object of steve bringin me the boat was gettin it "reliable".he's put all new stuff on it and hasn't blinked an eye at buyin the rest of the stuff needed to get it to that point.i wish we lived closer, i could show him how to check this stuff hisself and he could pass it on to his son.i think every jet boat owners turns into a part time mechanic at some point outta curiosity or necessity,lol.

cfrancis
07-18-2006, 12:21 PM
Tom you really have me looking forward to the results of that lake test, it really seemed that the motor was sound when we first started it.
I would have came with him when he brought it to you, but Rob and I were going to the races in Oklahoma City.
Got to see 258 mph in a quarter mile, what a run.
I will keep watching for your post after your lake test.

Brazos River Rat
07-20-2006, 03:08 AM
Any updates, How did it run out ??

IMPATIENT 1
07-20-2006, 05:32 AM
[QUOTE=Brazos River Rat]Any updates, How did it run out ??[/QUOTE
didn't get a chance to lake test it, yest. was my 10yr anniv. and i took the wife out.gotta keep momma happy, so i can stay happy! he's on his way to pick up the boat and is taking it to texoma for a test drive.his starter needs
some attention but other than that the boat should be runnin good.i told him to call me and let me know how it worked out.should be a big improvement from what it was doin.

Brazos River Rat
07-20-2006, 06:09 AM
You have that right, you gotta keep the boss happy .
I quess I will find out when he gets to work Monday how the boat did.
I told him to have the starter rebuilt when he bought the boat . I alway carried a spare when I had a jet and a 460 ford combination . They alway went out at the worst time .
Thanks again for helping him ..
BRR.

IMPATIENT 1
07-20-2006, 06:23 AM
You have that right, you gotta keep the boss happy .
I quess I will find out when he gets to work Monday how the boat did.
I told him to have the starter rebuilt when he bought the boat . I alway carried a spare when I had a jet and a 460 ford combination . They alway went out at the worst time .
Thanks again for helping him ..
BRR.
hey steve's a great guy,didn't mind helping him out at all.hope everything goes ok for him and the fam this weekend.make him get the starter rebuilt soon,lol. its on its last legs already , i had to back timing down alittle to get it to crank easier, so once he does get a new starter, maybe you can reset his timing back to 10btdc for me.it'll run better there than at 8.

cfrancis
07-20-2006, 06:44 AM
I have a place in Dallas that can go through the starter reasonably and completely re-build it if needed.
I took top mount in on a Sat. morning and they had it out in 2 hours completely rebuilt, not just brushes, they rewound the fields and armature and all, and have a 1 year warranty.
These guys specialize in rebuilding starters, alternators and complete electrical systems, they supply to large chains.
for reference: Auto Electric Systems, Inc.11361 Emerald Ln. Dallas, Tx. 75229 (972)484-7517 this is off Royal lane off I35 Steve is the owner over 25 years experience.
Great guys that know their business.

IMPATIENT 1
07-20-2006, 07:07 AM
I have a place in Dallas that can go through the starter reasonably and completely re-build it if needed.
I took top mount in on a Sat. morning and they had it out in 2 hours completely rebuilt, not just brushes, they rewound the fields and armature and all, and have a 1 year warranty.
These guys specialize in rebuilding starters, alternators and complete electrical systems, they supply to large chains.
for reference: Auto Electric Systems, Inc.11361 Emerald Ln. Dallas, Tx. 75229 (972)484-7517 this is off Royal lane off I35 Steve is the owner over 25 years experience.
Great guys that know their business.
good deal charlie! get him to pull it off next wk and take it in.that was the only thing i could find wrong with the boat that might potentially leave him stranded. fuel system is lake ready and i put in a water seperator/filter to collect whatever is in his tank,had alot of sand in it.the proform hei system he bought is really nice and looks sweet too,performs very well.wish i could meet up with you guys this weekend on texoma but the wife's made big plans on our local lake,gotta keep her happy.she doesn't know i'm building another mill yet,lol.

Brazos River Rat
07-20-2006, 08:22 AM
hey steve's a great guy,didn't mind helping him out at all.hope everything goes ok for him and the fam this weekend.make him get the starter rebuilt soon,lol. its on its last legs already , i had to back timing down alittle to get it to crank easier, so once he does get a new starter, maybe you can reset his timing back to 10btdc for me.it'll run better there than at 8.
Once he get the started rebuilt, I will swing by at lunch and advance it back up to 10 btdc

IMPATIENT 1
07-20-2006, 01:56 PM
just herd from steve(jetboat), he's on lake texoma and the boat is runnin good,he hasn't opened it up yet but is cruising with 4 peeps at 45mph.no more stumble or popping!!!!bet the avenger will see the 60's with him only and wot, we'll see.

cfrancis
07-21-2006, 05:22 AM
I also talked with Steve last night. I think the term HAPPY CAMPER applies.
Sounds like Impatient 1 got all the bugs worked out. It should be a very dependable boat to finish the season for him and his family.
Sounds like he is already making plans for up-grades next year.
He and his son put a lot of work and did a great job on this project.
He is taking his son out today to teach him how to properly and safely drive a jet boat.
Way to go Steve and Matt......

IMPATIENT 1
07-21-2006, 06:04 AM
I also talked with Steve last night. I think the term HAPPY CAMPER applies.
Sounds like Impatient 1 got all the bugs worked out. It should be a very dependable boat to finish the season for him and his family.
Sounds like he is already making plans for up-grades next year.
He and his son put a lot of work and did a great job on this project.
He is taking his son out today to teach him how to properly and safely drive a jet boat.
Way to go Steve and Matt......
THAT'S COOL, I CAN REMEMBER MY DAD TEACHING ME HOW TO DRIVE HIS JET "MR. IMPATIENT".MAN I MISS THAT BOAT!!!IT CAME OUTTA ARIZONA, WISH I COULD FIND IT!I LEARNED HOW TO DRIVE BOATS IN A JET, I HAD TO RELEARN IN A OUTBOARD,LOL.GLAD TO HEAR HIS WEEKEND IS GOIN WELL, HOPE MINE DOES!!! :)