PDA

View Full Version : Moneypitt need HELP!

e-ticket
07-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Moneypitt (Ray) needs HELP!
He is 200 miles north of Las Vegas with transmission problems. Feels he can make it to Vegas. He needs Ford C6 transmisson or seal job. His cell phone # is 805-300-0012. Please help if possible!
My phone is 805-482-8799

wsuwrhr
07-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Moneypitt (Ray) needs HELP!
He is 200 miles north of Las Vegas with transmission problems. Feels he can make it to Vegas. He needs Ford C6 transmisson or seal job. His cell phone # is 805-300-0012. Please help if possible!
My phone is 805-482-8799
I can help with towing and transmission problems in vegas.
However I have no dial tone to call

e-ticket
07-14-2006, 07:22 PM
Can I call you?

gnRacer98
07-14-2006, 07:23 PM
I know where theres a C-6 Trans. It needs a tail shaft housing and has been sitting in my mom's garage for 25 years (whether it works ???). If someone can get it to him, mom would be thrilled to be rid of it.

wsuwrhr
07-14-2006, 07:34 PM
I spoke to him briefly and am trying to do what I can.
My contact in Vegas is really good but doesn't work weekends.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-14-2006, 07:34 PM
Can I call you?
Cell phone only at this point,
I seem to have an open line on my land line.
Brian
909 238 3134 cell
909-883-3739 home

e-ticket
07-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Thanks guys!

GofastRacer
07-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Damn, if I weren't so FKN far away!... :mad:

wsuwrhr
07-14-2006, 08:22 PM
I forwarded the numbers to Ray. Here they are in case he needs them again.
Roban service handles the trans problem.
702-263-0037
Talk to David or Jim
Tell either of them Brian sent you, Terry's friend.
Rasor Road Service handles the tow problem, tow the truck and the boat anywhere he wants to go.
Talk to Terry, 760-733-4347
I already asked, all of his flatbed towtrucks have hitches :) :)
I already briefed him on the problem, so he will know who you are.
Brian

wsuwrhr
07-14-2006, 08:23 PM
land line is working now.

Moneypitt
07-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Thanks to all that responded. After using 9 gallons, YES GALLONS!, of tranns fluid to get from Vail to where I was, 35 miles north of St George Utah, I didn't think I could carry enough fluid to make it home, But guess what? After cooling down real well overnight, Only 5 qts brought me HOME. It's parked safe and sound dripping off the frame as I type. I know Bud was glad to hear it, and now HE can also relax... Thanks again to all that responded, kinda what I expected from the ***boat family with a member in need............. Ray

olbiezer
07-15-2006, 02:08 PM
now that your home safe and sound can we make fun of your truck? :argue: :skull: :skull: :yuk:

Moneypitt
07-15-2006, 03:08 PM
now that your home safe and sound can we make fun of your truck? :argue: :skull: :skull: :yuk:
No problem, now. :) I know I'll never even think about the I 76 to the I 70 to the I 15 thru Denver and eastern Utah. I'm having problems and see the sign about next service 56 miles :skull: , then after that hole in the wall, the NEXT service is 110 miles. I got to thinking, gee, they sure keep the highway clean here in Utah, no road kill, none........Then I stated looking for anything alive out there. Nothing, no birds, lizards, hell not even any bugs hitting the windshield, a true "badlands" if I ever saw one........Never again thru Denver.......And by your remark about my truck I guess you're going to Valleyfield next year, solo, no A/C, no cruise, no tilt......etc. etc. etc.......C'mon, I'm ready...........Ray :) :)

olbiezer
07-15-2006, 04:21 PM
ray ..we allready talked abot these road trips.iam the idiot that went from missisippi to riverside and back in 4 days 2 of em pulling a boat........man that I 10 to I 20 streach sounds like your discription of real bad lands to a easterner......... :argue: solo road trips are rough on anyone......glad u made it back without any more trouble.....on btw after 1800 miles on the road i backed the boat into my garage and came back out 3 hrs later to a big ol flat tire.......some of us are just plain lucky....... :)

Moneypitt
07-15-2006, 05:11 PM
ray ..we allready talked abot these road trips.iam the idiot that went from missisippi to riverside and back in 4 days 2 of em pulling a boat........man that I 10 to I 20 streach sounds like your discription of real bad lands to a easterner......... :argue: solo road trips are rough on anyone......glad u made it back without any more trouble.....on btw after 1800 miles on the road i backed the boat into my garage and came back out 3 hrs later to a big ol flat tire.......some of us are just plain lucky....... :)
I blew a tire yesterday afternoon, BUT, it just pitched some tread, so it held air long enough (10 ply) for me to get off the highway and find a Wally world. They only had ONE, and those rear tires were the same age so I wanted 2. No go, made it home anyway. Solo trips do have the advantage of never having to argue when, where, or why to stop somewhere!!!!!!........Ray

Roaddogg 4040
07-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Glad you made it in one piece and you are correct about the Allertons. I first met them in the early seventies at Clear Lake. Good people... Now about that truck, are you going to be collecting bottles and cans like I have been doing for my new motor or do you have a better idea to fix the truck? :)
Steve

GofastRacer
07-15-2006, 08:19 PM
Thanks to all that responded. After using 9 gallons, YES GALLONS!, of tranns fluid to get from Vail to where I was, 35 miles north of St George Utah, I didn't think I could carry enough fluid to make it home, But guess what? After cooling down real well overnight, Only 5 qts brought me HOME. It's parked safe and sound dripping off the frame as I type. I know Bud was glad to hear it, and now HE can also relax... Thanks again to all that responded, kinda what I expected from the ***boat family with a member in need............. Ray
Glad to hear you made it home ok, sorry I wasen't closer!....

GofastRacer
07-15-2006, 08:31 PM
Solo trips do have the advantage of never having to argue when, where, or why to stop somewhere!!!!!!........Ray
Yep solo is the only way to go, learned that a long time ago running team got old real quick, LOL..

Sleek-Jet
07-15-2006, 08:43 PM
The stretch of road (I-70) from Green River to Salina UT has got to be one of the loneliest stretches in the lower 48... I've driven that a few times and only saw a handfull of cars/trucks comming the other way. Heck, not even the cops drive that road...

GofastRacer
07-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Nice and peaceful!.. :cool:

U.T.B.A.V-Drive man
07-17-2006, 07:46 PM
The stretch of road (I-70) from Green River to Salina UT has got to be one of the loneliest stretches in the lower 48... I've driven that a few times and only saw a handfull of cars/trucks comming the other way. Heck, not even the cops drive that road...
No No, it is hwy 10 in west Tex