PDA

View Full Version : I hate irresponsible pet owners

77Eliminator
12-16-2005, 10:09 PM
Irresponsible owner abandon this very shy 1 ½ year male Shepard / Rottie mix. This dog needs love, attention and a good home. If interested in adoption PM me.
www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/448Picture_050-med.jpg

Squirtin Thunder
12-16-2005, 10:13 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/448Picture_050.jpg :cool:

77Eliminator
12-16-2005, 10:17 PM
Thanks Jim!

Rexone
12-16-2005, 10:23 PM
I second that :mad: :mad:

maxwedge
12-16-2005, 10:30 PM
Rotties and shepards are very rarely the horrible monsters people make them out to be. My ex GF had two rotties and a german shepard running around with a two and 4 year old kid all the time. Never had any problems, in fact they were much more calm and gentle around the kids than my lab. Also I used to vounteer at a local animal shelter and have been around several that were complete wusses and would make or made awesome pets. Somebody adopt this poor guy! Look how sad he looks! Look how friendly he looks compared to my lab in my avitar, and people think labs are nice. :D

YeLLowBoaT
12-16-2005, 10:33 PM
Its not the dog.... its the owner. That being said. Most ppl that think "they control" thier dogs don't.
I hate ppl that don't take care of thier Pets.

Beer-30
12-16-2005, 11:06 PM
If I didn't have 2 already, I would take said doggie.

Forkin' Crazy
12-16-2005, 11:13 PM
Yea, I agree. Ever watch Animal Planet/cop shows? Some of the people on there should be thrashed!!! :mad:

Phat Matt
12-17-2005, 04:07 AM
Maybe it's just me but I have more sympathy for pets than humans. It really makes me upset when I see a dog that has not been cared for. These pets rely on humans!!!

topless
12-17-2005, 05:01 AM
You knew it was just a matter of time until I posted in this thread. I hate hearing about people who do this. If you can find a local Rotti or shephard rescue, that would be your best bet because they keep the animals until they can adopt them out. I'd take him but have too many as it is. It sickens me that people are this way.

Froggystyle
12-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Maybe it's just me but I have more sympathy for pets than humans.
Funny you say that. True story...
I am buying dog food at Petsmart a couple weeks ago and while you are ringing up your credit card and it is displaying the total it pops up this message "Would you like to donate $1 to feed the homeless.." and I was looking quickly for the "No" button until I got to the bottom line and it said "...pets in your community" and I hit yes. Then I cracked up a little and realized what a bad human I am.
Seriously, no interest at all in feeding the homeless, but homeless pets???
I'm in.
Ah well... well known fact I like my dog more than humans. Not in a Frenchie way though...

luvmyboat
12-17-2005, 08:50 AM
I had to call animal controll out once, an injured dog was in my back yard and I needed help getting him attention. The officer was late, when he arrived he explained that as he was turning one of the corners to my house, he observed a truck slow down and toss out a dog..........he CAUGHT THE A@#hole that did it. MAJOR trouble for the ahole that tried to just dump their dog. 15 years ago and I still remember and smile...

Flying Tiger
12-17-2005, 08:55 AM
At the end of Sequoia Ave near my home has become a dumping ground for people abandoning pets.
Really sad

NorCal Gameshow
12-17-2005, 09:21 AM
At the end of Sequoia Ave near my home has become a dumping ground for people abandoning pets.
Really sad
Do they think they're setting them free in runkle's ranch? :rolleyes:
up here, a couple months ago a breeder set 4 black lab mothers "free" . fortunately they found good homes.

Forkin' Crazy
12-17-2005, 10:09 AM
Maybe it's just me but I have more sympathy for pets than humans. It really makes me upset when I see a dog that has not been cared for. These pets rely on humans!!!
I agree.. the animals don't have the control that humans do. Those lying in the gutter usually did something themselves to place themselves there.

Old Texan
12-17-2005, 02:26 PM
This has always been one of my more serious pet peeves: People who Think they are Animal Lovers. The ones who dump ‘em off when they tire of them or chain ‘em up out back and forget about them.
A good deal of people do not realize the expense and time raising a dog "properly" involves. So if you don’t want to spend the money or have the time, leave the dogs to someone who does care.
Vets: Regular visits are a must and they will cost several hundred dollars a year but too many don't want to spend the money or come up with a lame excuse like, "I don't want to get my car dirty", about not taking them to the vet.
Vacations: Boarding costs money. If you don't have family or friends, pet hotels are the way to go. Tieing the dog outside or leaving him alone in his pen is mean and often time bothersome to neighbors listening to the poor thing whine or bark. Leaving the food / water timer gizmo when gone for any length of time, in my opionion over 24 hrs, is wrong. Equipment failure can leave the pet with no food and much worse no water. My cheap a$$ neighbor did this several years ago and took it one step further by mixing tranquilizers in with the dog's food to keep him from barking. What happened between him and several of us neighbors is another story, suffice to say that won't happen again.
Baths and Flea/Tick treatment: Got to be done on a regular basis. Don’t complain about doggie smell or fleas in the carpet if you don’t bath them.
Food: Proper diet is a better grade food not some cheap generic crap that leads to poor health. Table scraps are fine in moderation and content, just don't think they are a regular meal substitute.
Exercise and play: Dogs are your best friends. They enjoy and deserve attention and being some part of your life each day.
If these things cost too much or you're to busy, don't get a dog.
I have heard so may HBers talk about and show pix of their 4 legged friends to know we have real animal lovers aboard who understand the responsibilities associated with what I consider an important part of my household.

wsuwrhr
12-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Christie and I went to In and Out last night for a Saturday night burger...married couple's date. haha
A guy is standing on the sidewalk asking for change, I tell him I'll buy him whatever he wants to eat. To a point...if the guy wanted 10 hamburgers I would have bought them.
He says to me, "I'm not hungry, I would rather have the money"
Yea OK pal.
Brian
I have never been homeless, so I can't really say, but in my opinion I would be happy with what I was offered.
Beggars can't be choosers.
Funny you say that. True story...
I am buying dog food at Petsmart a couple weeks ago and while you are ringing up your credit card and it is displaying the total it pops up this message "Would you like to donate $1 to feed the homeless.." and I was looking quickly for the "No" button until I got to the bottom line and it said "...pets in your community" and I hit yes. Then I cracked up a little and realized what a bad human I am.
Seriously, no interest at all in feeding the homeless, but homeless pets???
I'm in.
Ah well... well known fact I like my dog more than humans. Not in a Frenchie way though...

moneysucker
12-18-2005, 03:42 PM
Christie and I went to In and Out last night for a Saturday night burger...married couple's date. haha
A guy is standing on the sidewalk asking for change, I tell him I'll buy him whatever he wants to eat. To a point...if the guy wanted 10 hamburgers I would have bought them.
He says to me, "I'm not hungry, I would rather have the money"
Yea OK pal.
Brian
I have never been homeless, so I can't really say, but in my opinion I would be happy with what I was offered.
Beggars can't be choosers.
Beggars can kiss my a$$. I get tired of seeing them on every off ramp, at many gas stations and on the streets. First off, if you are going to be homeless, why would you choose somewhere that gets freezing cold. I understand all the ones in SF because all the bleeding heart Hippies that make sure there are shelters. What ever.
Rotties are great temprement dogs. I had 3 of them and all have been great dogs. They are tough through a fence though. We had one that would run around the end of the fence to be on the other side to bark at the neighbors dog. I am sticking with an autmatic pool cleaner airbrushed to look like a turtle. Cleans up after itself and doens't eat much.

maxwedge
12-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Don't understand how you can hate beggars, but still love dogs. My dog is the biggest beggar I've ever seen. On the other hand she would much rather have 10 IN & Out burgers than money, so I guess that makes it ok :)

Tequila-John
12-18-2005, 03:58 PM
Yup

wsuwrhr
12-18-2005, 04:04 PM
Don't understand how you can hate beggars, but still love dogs. My dog is the biggest beggar I've ever seen. On the other hand she would much rather have 10 IN & Out burgers than money, so I guess that makes it ok :)
For the record, Mopar went on the date also.
For the record, she got her own hamburger. True to form, she ate everything but the lettuce.
Brian

hav a screw chick
12-18-2005, 06:20 PM
Hey... I have a 3 1/2 year old rottie, and she is the best damn dog anyone could ask for. But she is a part of our family. We don't have children, but she is like our kid. She sleeps in the bed, goes in the cars and goes every where with us, and is a great protector when she needs to be.
I adopted her from Julie and www.crittercrossings.atomicshops.com
She rescues dogs, and may be willing to take in this stray dog and find it a good home. Also Julie's policy is that she only finds forever homes, but if someone isn' ever able to keep an adopted dog she will always take them back. So if your looking for a dog too, check out her sites, she has the best dogs.

wsuwrhr
12-18-2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks for the site. I put my ap in.
When she calls I will tell her "hav a screw chick" sent me...
Brian
Hey... I have a 3 1/2 year old rottie, and she is the best damn dog anyone could ask for. But she is a part of our family. We don't have children, but she is like our kid. She sleeps in the bed, goes in the cars and goes every where with us, and is a great protector when she needs to be.
I adopted her from Julie and www.crittercrossings.atomicshops.com
She rescues dogs, and may be willing to take in this stray dog and find it a good home. Also Julie's policy is that she only finds forever homes, but if someone isn' ever able to keep an adopted dog she will always take them back. So if your looking for a dog too, check out her sites, she has the best dogs.

hav a screw chick
12-18-2005, 10:25 PM
Thanks for the site. I put my ap in.
When she calls I will tell her "hav a screw chick" sent me...
Brian
Hey who did you apply for? You can tell her Katie, Clea's mom sent you. Here's my girl...
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/kfarrell55/IMGP0062.jpg
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c293/kfarrell55/IMGP0059.jpg

Red Horse
12-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Dogs are sometimes better people than people. Yet they are treated the way most humans NEED to be treated.
Our little dog is living with my wifes parents in San Antonio while we are in Japan. We could have him here in Japan, but that would also involve 60 days quarantine (pet prison) and then we wouldnt even have a yard.
I miss him. We dont have any kids, so I guess he is it. He would ride everywhere with me in the truck, knew the difference between the car, truck, boat and would get in or out on command.
I agree, would rather feed a homeless dog than a homeless man. The dog didnt make the choice, the man did. And besides, the dog would be loyal to you for doing it. The man would prolly get pissed of you didnt do enough in his opinion.

wsuwrhr
12-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Hey who did you apply for? You can tell her Katie, Clea's mom sent you. Here's my girl...
I was looking at John.
That is until the adoption cost was 500.
hmmm
pretty expensive for a non papered mutt
Mopar needs a pal, what do dogs cost? I have never had to buy one.
Brian

Rexone
12-20-2005, 11:35 PM
Brian the last couple dogs I adopted from the shelters were under $200 including neutering (required to adopt from Upland anyway).

HCS
12-20-2005, 11:40 PM
I want to initiate a Civil Union between me and my pet.
Where do I start, 9th district court of appeals? :idea:

wsuwrhr
12-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Brian the last couple dogs I adopted from the shelters were under $200 including neutering (required to adopt from Upland anyway).
I thought so Rex.
I really liked the looks of the dog, he seems to have some beagle, and I think Mopar needs a pal here in SB.
500 seemed like alot..not even altered, I get 50 back when I get it done.
Where do you draw the line for man best friend?
Brian

wsuwrhr
12-20-2005, 11:43 PM
I want to initiate a Civil Union between me and my pet.
Where do I start, 9th district court of appeals? :idea:
First you need to stop posting on ***boat, there are enough weirdos here.
:220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:
Brian

HCS
12-20-2005, 11:51 PM
First you need to stop posting on ***boat, there are enough weirdos here.
:220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:
Brian
I'm not even close to the fagget weirdos that post on here Brian.
You know that.
I'm probably one of the few on here that's mentally correct.
My name could be Kim. :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:
Tom.

wsuwrhr
12-20-2005, 11:52 PM
I'm not even close to the fagget weirdos that post on here Brian.
You know that.
I'm probably one of the few on here that's mentally correct.
My name could be Kim. :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v: :220v:
Tom.
Haha
You were talking about marrying your dog....what can I say...haha
Brian

HCS
12-20-2005, 11:59 PM
Haha
You were talking about marrying your dog....what can I say...haha
Brian
No. Not marry. "Civil Union" I just want the government benifits.
Besides. He is cute. :D
Tom
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/637Jetson.jpg

hav a screw chick
12-21-2005, 03:37 AM
I was looking at John.
That is until the adoption cost was 500.
hmmm
pretty expensive for a non papered mutt
Mopar needs a pal, what do dogs cost? I have never had to buy one.
Brian
Hey! Well Clea's fees were like $300, but she was happy I was giving her a good home so she gave her to me for $200, she'll work with what ever you can afford. But I have paid $1,000 + for a doggie before, so I guess a couple hundred wasn't too bad. But let me know what's happens!

riverroyal
12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
Hey! Well Clea's fees were like $300, but she was happy I was giving her a good home so she gave her to me for $200, she'll work with what ever you can afford. But I have paid $1,000 + for a doggie before, so I guess a couple hundred wasn't too bad. But let me know what's happens!
5 posts and up all night?

Chase
12-21-2005, 12:12 PM
I read through this thread anticipating some sort of shot at OGShocker....being the pet pimp that he is said to be.. :D :D

Mrs. Bordsmnj
12-21-2005, 12:36 PM
There was a thread a year or two back asking if there was a stranger drowning and your dog drowning, and you could only save one, which one would you save and if you chose your dog, there is something wrong with you. I would absolutely positively without a doubt choose our dog.
I would love to adopt this one but we are choosing to wait until our old girl goes to doggie heaven before we get another one. We want her last years on earth to be spoiled rotten and happily ever after for her! :rollside:

Chase
12-21-2005, 12:41 PM
Here is my houndy...
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/332DSC00213.JPG