PDA

View Full Version : Carsdirect.com?

Cole Sanger
07-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Anyone bought from them before? Here's the deal, I can't find a white 2007 Toyota Camry with leather in AZ. The Toyota dealer yesterday said there are none available in the western region in white.
Carsdirect gave me a price that was pretty low and said they can get it within two days.
How is it possible for Carsdirect to get me a car in two days when the dealer can't get one for a month or more?
Side note:
Carsdirect said they could only give me $6000 for my 1999 GMC Suburban for trade in when KBB and Edmunds both rate it for over $9000 without any of the options I have - 6in lift w/35's, etc.
I really think they looked to find the Toyota and realized they couldn't get one and are now saying they can't give me fair price for my Suburban so I will walk away from the deal.
Anyone have any experience with this place?

prop check
07-15-2006, 01:36 PM
Most dealers are only using edmunds,Kelly and N.A.D.A. as guides they will usually shoot the info on a car that is more than a few years old directly to a wholesale car company and see what they will give them. That way they already have the trade in sold when you sign it over to them. I think the hard part right now is that particular car you want is high demand and I am sorry to say the large and extra large S.U.V.'s are low demand right now. You would be better off selling it yourself or see if you can donate it and use the large tax write off good luck and PM photoglo on the boards he is a chevy sales guru... Good luck

RitcheyRch
07-15-2006, 02:21 PM
You are definitely better off selling the Suburban yourself. Carsdirect might have more dealers were they are able to pull cars from. The local dealer might be able to find one at another dealer but that dealer might not want to trade.