PDA

View Full Version : How to buy a NEW boat?

Rocket-J
08-05-2003, 06:43 PM
Any suggestions for a first time New Boat buyer.
I have spent several weeks via phone and e-mail trying to collect enough data to make a good decision.
Do you contact the Manufacturer or a Dealer?
Where can you get the technical info to put the right package together? Thanks. Al

riverliver
08-05-2003, 07:24 PM
What type of boating are you going to do ?
Is Lake anderson the place you would use it?
Maybe a Garlic boat J/K
:D wink

Johnwithjm
08-05-2003, 08:18 PM
Rocket-J if there are any questions I can help you with feel free to give me a call.

Boatmaster
08-06-2003, 06:01 AM
RJ I left a message with you last night sorry for the wait. Call if you have any questions.

Rocket-J
08-06-2003, 05:33 PM
Thanks BM, I will.
RiverLiver: Can I take you serious? Anderson is a small "speed limit" lake. OK for testing some things. We boat all the large lakes of Northern Cal. and enjoy two trips per year to Havasu and the adjoining river areas. We see allot of big water but have to fit in a 25 1/2' garage. I can make a HTM SS-24 fit with the right trailer. Any Cat with less than 25'8" nose to prop would do if less than 79" high on the trailer. I have ridden in a 1994 22' Daytona and like that boat but would like to see the new 22' hull. No one has one for a demo.
Any suggestions are welcome. Al

Dave C
08-08-2003, 03:18 PM
Rocket,
I am in your neck of the woods. We go to Berryessa, delta, etc. Frequent Berryessa.
Our groups has Eliminators
Daytona's 21's, 22's, 24's, 25's. Mine is a Cougar 22 MTR which is much like the 22 Daytona.
I love my 22 and it rips around Berryessa at WOT. We do laps around that lake without slowing down. Handles it great, even on weekends.
My buddy just bought a 25 Daytona. That boat is perfect. Handles the Berryessa great.
Check Eliminator Daytona out. You won't be sorry.
I've seen a couple of HTM's at the lake too.

Tom Slick
08-08-2003, 03:48 PM
Rocket-J
If you are looking for an HTM SS-24 you should contact HTM directly. 661 268-1309 ask for Dorian or Lia. They are great people and can hook you up with a ride. The guy that I sold my SS-24 to, told me today that he actually took one of HTM's customers for a test ride the other day at Castaic. If you are serious, Castaic would be your best bet for a test ride, as HTM is near by. Maybe hop in the car one day and head down to the factory and check them out and go to the lake for a ride.

riverliver
08-08-2003, 04:11 PM
Rocket-J:
Thanks BM, I will.
RiverLiver: Can I take you serious? Sorry i could not resist the Gilroy thing, I grew up in that area, and my mom still lives in Morgan Hill.
Try Eliminator

Rocket-J
08-08-2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks guys. I will take your advice.
Who is this "Jrocket"? I have been Rocket-J since my drag racing days in 1965. Bullwinkle will not be happy with this. Al

missboatnam1
08-08-2003, 05:14 PM
al, YOUR CUTE!!! .....these guys are all the best.....jwj, your here in norco right??? :D

Johnwithjm
08-08-2003, 08:38 PM
missboatnam1:
al, YOUR CUTE!!! .....these guys are all the best.....jwj, your here in norco right??? :D Yep I`m in Norco by day :D I meet your man the other day seemed like a great guy.

Mr.Havasu
08-11-2003, 10:27 AM
How to buy a new boat.
When do you know your ready to buy a new boat?
Here is a simple test to do before you start thinking about getting a new boat.
Stand in the shower with the cold water on and start throwing dollar bills down the drain. If after about an hour this stills feels good to you .... YOU ARE READY TO BUY A BOAT!
Good luck.

Just Tool'n
08-11-2003, 12:04 PM
If I can interject here, Look At your pocket book 1st, then choose 3-4 mfg, then go for test ride on all of the models. Then choose which one is right for you & the family, & do not forget the chk book!
then the very last thing too do is check insurance rates from many diffrent companies.
And better be prepared for large ins premiums.
Oh do not forget to see if your tow vehicle is up to the job!

Three Days Only
08-12-2003, 07:52 PM
How to buy a new boat? Cash, or Credit!!!! It is the american way

jackpunx
08-13-2003, 05:47 AM
Check this out.. Thread (http://forums.***boat.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=005410)
what kind of deal is west coast rigging getting on the 25 daytonas?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have the quotes that I got at my house, but I know his bare hull and full interior price was as rock bottom as I have ever heard. You could build one absolutely killer blower powered 25 for around 75K (if I remember right and that was rough est with a Peto 548 (900hp) )
Tony is awesome. I've only talked to him on the phone, but know that is where I am buying my boat next year.
Roln 20s
--------------------
Oh come on, married life is easy...you only have one lady to please!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ August 13, 2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: jackpunx ]

Rocket-J
08-22-2003, 08:26 PM
I bought an SS-24. Thanks for all the input. Al