PDA

View Full Version : QwikData systems?

Moose
07-16-2006, 12:33 PM
How many of you guys out there are running the Edlelbrock QwikData systems?. What sencors are you running and what is the cost.
Moose

BAE_557
07-16-2006, 02:39 PM
I priced a system from MPD a few months ago that seemed real reasonable, I would give Jack a call.

Moose
07-16-2006, 05:47 PM
Thanks William, I know Jack sells them and I'll give him a call. I was just wondering what some of the guys that are running them had to say about them and what sensors they are running?.
Moose

Cs19
07-16-2006, 08:49 PM
I have a pretty basic system but it gets the job done. Im currently running a bowl sensor,inlet sensor,speed sensor,and a vacuum sensor along with an RPM trace which is built into all Quikdata systems.I use the vac. sensor for a few different things,its normally used for keel vacuum but I also use it for fuel pressure, nitrous fuel pressure or engine vacuum. It has a long enough line coming off the sensor so I can use it for any of those things, its been VERY useful. Id reccomend something similar for a system to get you started.
I cannot recall what I paid for my system off hand.

bp
07-17-2006, 03:26 PM
i kind of recall what i paid for it, but that was a basic system 5 years ago, so the cost may have changed. mine records rpm, suction pressure, bowl pressure, and speed. you can add more sensors, but this is the basic stuff that helps tune the hardware. call jack.

Duane HTP
07-17-2006, 07:21 PM
The systems are getting pretty close to $3000.00 now. I think the last one I bought was over $2700.00. They are worth every penny of it if you are serious about your jet boat racing. I've made one portable and can hook it up to anyone's boat. I have people bring boats from all over the country and we put our portable computer on their boat and test them and dial them in. It's a great tool. Kind of like dynoing a boat.