PDA

View Full Version : Parker to Carlsbad

Fire Angler
07-16-2006, 07:11 PM
What is the fastest route to Carlsbad from Parker when not towing?

Mandelon
07-16-2006, 07:16 PM
95 S to Indian 1, to 10 at Ehrenberg. 10 to 60, to 215 south, to 15 south to 78 and west to 5 south or el camino real depending on where you are going in Carlsbad.

Fire Angler
07-16-2006, 07:19 PM
Has anyone used the 78 (86s) thru Glamis? I haven't been either way, it just seems a long way around to the 215 to 15.

Mandelon
07-16-2006, 07:27 PM
That's the way we usually go, but the trip back up to Carlsbad from the 8 probably takes just as long. Take Neighbors road off the 10 and head south, it is 78, it will take you past Ripley, Palo Verde, Glamis, over toward Brawley. Head south to 8 and back west.
You can haul ass that way....not much traffic.

ROZ
07-16-2006, 08:08 PM
The 8 is not faster..... 215 /10 is the fastest for the north county...

bruddah
07-16-2006, 08:09 PM
took the 78 last time out since i was in east county already. but usually go the 15N then cut through temecula to the 10 and take the 62 to the 177 and your there

ROZ
07-16-2006, 08:22 PM
took the 78 last time out since i was in east county already. but usually go the 15N then cut through temecula to the 10 and take the 62 to the 177 and your there
Use to cut through temecula, but traffic is so bad there now..

bruddah
07-16-2006, 08:36 PM
ya you definately have to leave in the middle of the day or between traffic

RiverDave
07-17-2006, 12:02 PM
After doing it for most of my life I've found that
78 to 15 North to the 79 North cutting through temecula, right on dominogoni, left on warren (less lights then sanderson) right on ramona expressway, left on sanderson, up to the 10 freeway. 10 to the 62 to the 95 and your in Parker. I swear I think the 62 is even faster then rice road.
My balls out time taking rice road was 3 hours 43 minutes from Home to crossing the bridge in Parker. Taking the 62 and cruising I usually make it in 3 hours 45 minutes or there abouts.
As far as ehrenberg is concerned.. That's just the longest damn outta the way route you can take in my opinion. I take it every once in awhile becuase so many people on here rant and rave about it, but it's atleast 15 - 20 minutes longer then rice road, and it seems to me that rice rd is 15 minutes longer then the 62..
RD

CBadDad
07-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I like the Erenburg route. I past a truck pulling a boat (204 Easy Payments - who's that?) on 10E, exitting Rice Rd. I was getting gas in Parker when he got into town. Granted, my boat was a little bit smaller and I was driving faster on the 10, but I only put-put through the reservation.
Back on topic. I've tried all of the different routes and I think that the 10W to the 74 (Just before the 60 in Buemont[sp]) thru Hemit and Perris to the 215 is by far the fastest of them all.
Honestly, it doesn't matter how you go, leaving the river always sucks! :crossx:

07-17-2006, 03:59 PM
78 to 15 North to the 79 North cutting through temecula, right on dominogoni, left on warren (less lights then sanderson) right on ramona expressway, left on sanderson, up to the 10 freeway. 10 to the 62 to the 95 and your in Parker. I swear I think the 62 is even faster then rice road.
My balls out time taking rice road was 3 hours 43 minutes from Home to crossing the bridge in Parker. Taking the 62 and cruising I usually make it in 3 hours 45 minutes or there abouts.
As far as ehrenberg is concerned.. That's just the longest damn outta the way route you can take in my opinion. I take it every once in awhile becuase so many people on here rant and rave about it, but it's atleast 15 - 20 minutes longer then rice road, and it seems to me that rice rd is 15 minutes longer then the 62..
RD
So your life isn't worth the 15 to 20 mins longer ?????????

Dave Sammons
07-17-2006, 04:38 PM
RD
Pretty close..but, I'd make a few changes to the route. I've been heading to Parker from Carlsbad since the 60's and have gone everyway described above, towing and not towing, what follows is the FASTEST way to Parker as of last year, you gotta remember as times change and the towns along the way change you gotta adapt!
We live right off the 5 in north Carlsbad and head out to the 15 thru some back roads in Vista, but short of no way being able to explain that...If you are out on the coast in Carlsbad...Take the 5 to the 76 and out to the 15, if in inland Carlsbad(La Costa), get to the 78 and pick up the 15 north from there...Either way once on the 15, go to the 215 north and take the 74 east to Warren Rd, turn right to the Ramona Expressway and turn right and go to Sanderson and turn left to the 10(Went the Winchester route to Dominigii for years...Just too much traffic and lights that way anymore) Take the 10 out to the 177, Desert Center, it turns into the 62, Rice Road, and straight on into Parker through Vidal Junction. We used to go through 29 Palms(62 from the 15) when the kids were young, but, I feel it to has got ALOT more congested in recent years, and FULL of RADAR toting Police cars, hence the return to the Desert Center Route. Just My Opinion! :D :D
PS...Agree with the Ehrenberg comment...again no quicker and Indian 1 from Blythe to Parker is a MAJOR source of income for the Indian Police!

bruddah
07-17-2006, 07:15 PM
i think the 62 to is the fastest however i have to agree there has been a lot more traffic through there. just have to be careful when you get into the towns because the speed limits are low and they are waiting for you to speed, but once out in the open desert if im towing at night i rarely see another car and usually just turn on the offroad lights on the bumper and let daylight shine in front of me!

riverroyal
07-18-2006, 04:08 PM
shortest milage route is through 79 south into palm springs,then desert center,,only way i ever go now

Fire Angler
07-18-2006, 04:15 PM
shortest milage route is through 79 south into palm springs,then desert center,,only way i ever go now
From Parker, take desert center to 79 south, where does the 79 south connect to get to Carlsbad?

riverroyal
07-18-2006, 04:23 PM
san marcos blvd,78 east,15 north,79 south thru temecula thru vail lake area,make a left at big stop into anza cant remember route number,thru anza,3 way stop turn right on 74,that goes into palm desert,lots of turns,stay on it,road becomes monterey which hits the 10,,nice spelling