PDA

View Full Version : Trying not to hurt myself!!!

sifocalpoint
07-16-2006, 08:03 PM
My dad completely lost interest in his biesemeyer flat so i kind of took it over. We bought it and i posted pics last year, since lost the pics. The guy who we got it from really did a hack job on the inside adding all sorts of interior garbage and stuff, and the motor is way too far back (blown 468 750-800 hp) The hull itself is beautiful mint condition but maybe over winter the inside will get redone, ANYHOW, I NEED EDUCATED
When im moving along at about 55-60 i have the handle for the plate almost all the way towards the back (towards driver), if i move it forward the nose goes up real high and it gets squirrely. It rides nice and i leave it in that position (towards the back) When i jump on the throttle the nose wants to lift up and wander left and right just a bit (enough to scare me). In general how are these boats supposed to react to smashing the throttle from a crusing speed. I had the gps and it was reading 87 and i had alot more to go but i felt very very uneasy. Anything i can do to get me through this season to take in account the motor being back to far?? MAybe its riding fine and im just a pansy, but this pansy isnt trying to end up at the bottom of the river.
When smashing the gas down should I keep my foot on the down pedal??
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks

Morg
07-16-2006, 08:22 PM
My deal is harder to keep under control when you mash the throttle at that speed. You get more bite from the prop.
I will tell you what I was told. You need at least 1-1/4" down plate. Measure it while on the trailer. From full up to full down 1-1/4" MINIMUM. Burry the plate when getting on the gas.