PDA

View Full Version : purchasing 26ft elimator

elimi
09-07-2001, 12:44 AM
I am going to order a 26ft Eliminator next week(tunnel, canopies).I would like to know of any problems anyone has had with ordering a boat from them(delivery,quality etc.)
Also would appreciate any suggestions for options on this boat.Paint and motor are already decided on.

Duck
09-07-2001, 08:45 PM
Just know where and how you want everything.
You will not get suggestions from the shop.
Look at others now if possible. Do try to follow the progress, but keep changes to an absolute minimum. Putting on outboard steering in the future? They need to know this for exhaust tip placement. Are you or they installing speakers? They can prewire for you. Put in any extra gauges you could ever need now and plot location. Put in an oil temp gauge for sure, it's an eye opener. Give them a disposeable camera for baby pictures. Brush your teeth with whitener, your going to be smiling a lot.

ETicketChris
09-08-2001, 11:38 AM
elimi,
Before you sign on the dotted line take a look at our 28ft tunnel. As for looks we have real fighter canopies along with a low sleek look. As for performance we will outrun the big name makers. We have tested our boat with 700hp to 1200hp and XR drives to #6 drives and it performs the same with no porposing at all. We have a few people who are selling thier big name brands to purchase one of our boats. If you have any questions or would like some more information please give us a call at 520-505-7886 or email us at eticketboats@hotmail.com and I will be more than happy to send you some pictures. Good luck with your new boat.
Chris

mikey
09-10-2001, 06:45 AM
Are you ordering direct from the factory or thru one of the dealers? The 26 Daytona is the most popular cat we sale (28 low deck Daytona and 30 Daytona are also big sellers). Takes a long time too work thru all the orders, so allow time for delivery. For best performance, go with the stand-off box. If you plan a big motor, now or later, you will want the hydraulic steering. Think of other things you might want later (plumbing for intercooler, extra gauges, ect). We offer a big choice in gauges. The stock Eliminator gauges work fine, made by the same company that makes some of the Gaffrig gauges. We also offer the Gaffrig (Standard size and Monster), And Autometer (Pro-comp White monster size or Ulta-Lite & Carbon Fiber both in the standard size or monster size). We offer liquid filled speedometers to match all gauges or you can opt for a digital or analog GPS speedometer. The standard shifter is the Mercruiser Zero-Effort dual lever with trim button; But, you can up grade to the Gaffrig or the Latham. We have started using Bluewater switch panels in all the larger boats (28 Daytona and up) and are available in the smaller Dayton as well. We have our canopies made for us. We have had problems getting good Jet fighter units (mostly colors matching) and it would be hard to find the number of units we need to match the volume of boats we build. As you must know, almost any style graphics and colors are available (all done in the mold); Same goes for the interior. All of the tunnel boats are built with Vinyl-ester resin and KNYTEX glass. Bottoms are all balsa cored. Floors are fiberglass and the rear floor has seat bases & ice chest molded in. Do you live in near the shop? If not call and ask for the CD with the factory tour movie. Eliminator has been building tunnel bottom boats longer than anyone else. The years of testing and refining have produced the best running, best performing cats around.
Mike
Parts Manager, Eliminator Boats

elimi
09-10-2001, 08:00 AM
I live in BC Canada and will be ordering the boat from a dealer. Will there be trouble (wait) to get a canopied 26ft? That is the style that I want. I will be seeing the dealer on wed. Thanks for the advice on extra guages.Is there any advantage to buying from the dealer or direct from Eliminator?(I will be buying from the dealer regardless of response) Originally posted by mikey:
Are you ordering direct from the factory or thru one of the dealers? The 26 Daytona is the most popular cat we sale (28 low deck Daytona and 30 Daytona are also big sellers). Takes a long time too work thru all the orders, so allow time for delivery. For best performance, go with the stand-off box. If you plan a big motor, now or later, you will want the hydraulic steering. Think of other things you might want later (plumbing for intercooler, extra gauges, ect). We offer a big choice in gauges. The stock Eliminator gauges work fine, made by the same company that makes some of the Gaffrig gauges. We also offer the Gaffrig (Standard size and Monster), And Autometer (Pro-comp White monster size or Ulta-Lite & Carbon Fiber both in the standard size or monster size). We offer liquid filled speedometers to match all gauges or you can opt for a digital or analog GPS speedometer. The standard shifter is the Mercruiser Zero-Effort dual lever with trim button; But, you can up grade to the Gaffrig or the Latham. We have started using Bluewater switch panels in all the larger boats (28 Daytona and up) and are available in the smaller Dayton as well. We have our canopies made for us. We have had problems getting good Jet fighter units (mostly colors matching) and it would be hard to find the number of units we need to match the volume of boats we build. As you must know, almost any style graphics and colors are available (all done in the mold); Same goes for the interior. All of the tunnel boats are built with Vinyl-ester resin and KNYTEX glass. Bottoms are all balsa cored. Floors are fiberglass and the rear floor has seat bases & ice chest molded in. Do you live in near the shop? If not call and ask for the CD with the factory tour movie. Eliminator has been building tunnel bottom boats longer than anyone else. The years of testing and refining have produced the best running, best performing cats around.
Mike

brad martin
09-14-2001, 01:13 AM
Elim,
Be very careful when purchasing an eliminator, I have a 2000 22 daytona, the boat is ok I guess.Seeing as I live in an area where you can not easily compare, and only know of 1 other tunnel boat around, an old american offshore. But if you have any problems you will be hung out to dry. I personally have never recieved a return call from the factory, regarding, the relatively small problems I have had, two years for a busted seat and it is still not fixed. As for my dealer, he couldn't suck any worse, but as you may or may not know, you can not purchase outside of your dealers region, if you do your dealer controls pricing, so much for competing to be the best! PLEASE DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND CALL D.C.B. for all the details I encourage any one who wants to know what happens once eliminator gets your dough please call me @ 513-617-6586. I also encourage anyone from eliminator to please call me !
Sincerly,
Brad Martin
Originally posted by elimi:
I am going to order a 26ft Eliminator next week(tunnel, canopies).I would like to know of any problems anyone has had with ordering a boat from them(delivery,quality etc.)
Also would appreciate any suggestions for options on this boat.Paint and motor are already decided on.

mikey
09-18-2001, 01:57 PM
Brad,
Your phone number puts you in the Cincinnati area. We have 2 dealers in Ohio. Performance Research in Columbus (614-475-8300) and North Coast Performance in North Canton (330-494-3146). E-mail (sales@eliminatorboat.com) or call (909-681-1222) with the name of the dealer you are working with, the person at Eliminator you spoke to, and the problem with the seat. I'll see what I can do to help. I have talked with Performance Research about a red 22 Daytona. If this is your boat, then I know about the problems and we are working with the dealer.
Mike Peterson

brad martin
09-19-2001, 06:27 PM
Mike,
After speaking with you today I feel much better about eliminator. Thanks for the info, my problems are with the dealer and their horrible service. OHIO BUYERS GO TO NORTH CANTON, OR HAVE A GOOD LAWYER ON CALL.
Thanks,
Mike

ITLLFLI
09-20-2001, 11:02 AM
Hey Brad,
I have a 2001 26' American Offshore here in cincy. I know of at least 2 other 26', and one 3100 American Offshore's in cincy. There also is a Carrera 26 and a 33 daytona. So there are a lot of cats around!! We will be out friday or saturday or both! Email me if you would like!! http://free.***boat.net/ubb/biggrin.gif
[This message has been edited by ITLLFLI (edited September 20, 2001).]

boatnam2
09-20-2001, 02:52 PM
hey itllfly,so how do you like your ao.i just sold mine im going to miss it.

ITLLFLI
09-23-2001, 04:38 PM
I love my American Offshore!!! It is my first cat and I am really glad I bought the AO!! I spent the better part of my weekend helping recover my buddys eliminator off the bottom of the river!! The guys at AO are a great bunch of guys to deal with!! I think I am going to build a blower motor for it over the winter!! What year was yours? How about power?

brad martin
09-25-2001, 01:39 AM
Hey itllfli,
Thanks for the reply, hope to see you on the river soon, but I think you might have forgotten the awsome cat that is also around. Mikey, thanks for the seat, you are now my hero. But I am still afraid to use my boat, my POS dealer is PRI, and they do not even have the courage to test the boat in my presence, it is a complete pig. 540 c.i. a supposed 655 h.p. and 750 pounds torque, running 1.36 bravo with nose cone, and it will only turn a 28 bravo to 5000 rpm. Something is definetly wrong, but PRI will not give me any info. They also say f me, and all I am doing is making myself look stupid by complaining, on this forum, or to eliminator, something about incorrect spelling, run on sentences, etc. I do not claim to be an english major. Just a guy who feels I WAS RIPPED OFF. Sorry for the long post.

boatnam2
09-25-2001, 04:35 AM
hi itllfli,i was running a blown 471 running 14 pounds of boost.then i cut back to around 8 pounds.i loved that boat.i just bought a 28 foot laveycraft with the 620hp motor.it should run 85 or so.cant wait to get it.