PDA

View Full Version : Monsoon on Saturday

bignet
07-17-2006, 08:51 AM
Just wondering if anyone that was in Havasu made it out okay...it got pretty crazy out there. Buddy of mine had his wife and kids with him...he'd never experienced it. We both go caught coming into Thompson's Bay. Lucky for us, we were already near the marina.

SCUBA STEVE
07-17-2006, 08:53 AM
We were in the Channel and rode it out in there. :cool:

selfmade
07-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeah i was out there too it was my first time being caught in something like that. i made it to the marina fine then my boat stalled and blew into the dock pretty freakin hard got some paint damage but considering the circumstances at least we made it back ok

ChumpChange
07-17-2006, 09:04 AM
Just stayed in the channel til it finally blew over some hour or so later.

selfmade
07-17-2006, 09:13 AM
Chump i saw you cruzing thru the channel your boat is very clean good luck on the sale

All IN
07-17-2006, 09:14 AM
Was already beached at the Nautical. Its was crazy. Saw alot of small boats try to out in it and had no control, had to push them off so they wouldn't hit my boat.
It was sure crazy. :boxed:

bignet
07-17-2006, 09:19 AM
Yeah i was out there too it was my first time being caught in something like that. i made it to the marina fine then my boat stalled and blew into the dock pretty freakin hard got some paint damage but considering the circumstances at least we made it back ok
Considering some of the pics I've seen posted from the other day, I'd say we both were REALLY lucky! :boxed: I need to bring a weather man with me next time, or an indian shaman.... :) That way, when his nose starts to itch, its time to BOUNCE!
bignet

selfmade
07-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Man i will check the weather from now on. im leaving tomorrow to havi for the rest of the week and i know were supposed to have thunderstorms here in cali and usually the storm path follows right to havasu so i am really leary(sp) about taking the boat out

bignet
07-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Keep checking the weather websites..http://www.noaa.gov/ is a good one. Ask the rangers at Windsor, or Jerry at the Marina, depending on where you launch...be safe.
bignet

Screemy1
07-17-2006, 09:38 AM
we were out there... it was pretty bad.... I told my friend to keep the power on so the bow would take the waves... I swam to shore and got the trailer.... he brought it in when I called and we loaded up perfectly.... then some dip whod trailering next to us starts to lose it right when we were pulling the boat out... he guns the throttle full on and wiped out his trailer and then sideways towards the back of our boat and the guys on the boat yell HELP HELP to the girls on our boatlike they could jump out and cushion thier boat from the rocks and the back of ours..... I yelled at the driver and we yanked out boat out with inches to spare.... then when we pulled up to the wipe down area... sure enough... Quid Pro Quo was next to me... I was just gettin ready to say HI but he pulled away.... fun fun stuff... I have been in that sort of weather before.... but my buddy was a nervous wreck.... and I am a stronger swimmer... so I swam to shore and told him to keep the boat away from the beach with the bow towards the waves... he did great.... even with three intoxicated girls on the boat with him.... I felt bad as I swam to shore... there was two boats in serious trouble stuck on the shore.... and others getting in to trouble.......