PDA

View Full Version : Fender in Needles

thumbs
07-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Has anyone stayed here?
http://www.fendersriverroadresort.com/pages/home.htm
We are looking for a good place to stay that is on the water in Needles. Trying to break out of our normal routine and try some place different. Looks like the launch is in the current and not much of a beach if any at all.
Any other places that we might try that has rooms on the water?

RitcheyRch
07-17-2006, 09:44 AM
Never stayed there but looks like a nice place.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
07-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Looks nice. I'd like to give it a shot. If you go soon, please give a report..!

thumbs
07-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Looks nice. I'd like to give it a shot. If you go soon, please give a report..!
We booked 4 rooms for the 12th of Aug.. I'll let you know how it is.

RiverToysJas
07-17-2006, 11:17 AM
Never stayed there, we stay jut down river at Needles Marina Park.
Watch the water levels through that area of the river by Fenders, esp during August! Lotta rocks in front of that place. Small jet boats should be OK, but you'll still have to use caution.
RTJas :D

thumbs
07-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Never stayed there, we stay jut down river at Needles Marina Park.
Watch the water levels through that area of the river by Fenders, esp during August! Lotta rocks in front of that place. Small jet boats should be OK, but you'll still have to use caution.
I'm very familiar with that part of the river. We usually don't go north of the Needles bridge because of the water level and rocks but thanks for the heads up.
We always launch at Needles Marina but have never stayed there. We get to the river early Sat. and bail on Sun. night so it's to much work to tow the trailer out for one night and I have no interest in the bunk only rooms.

Labradorsofthemesa
07-17-2006, 01:35 PM
I liked it....Theres about enough room for roughly 10-15 people to stay there-it has a cool covered deck off the water to bar bQ and a neat room for the kids to play... I enjoyed it cause there was nooooo-riff raff at all........ It's not a five star hotel so dont expect that-But it serves it purpose---If you reserve your room try to get the last one on the end towards the water(its the best spot) I leave our trailer there and they pull it out for us....Try also Lost Lake......

Havasu1986
07-17-2006, 01:57 PM
Try www.onthewaterrentals.com in Needles

thumbs
07-18-2006, 07:58 AM
Thanks for the input guys.
These places (www.onthewaterrentals.com) are just a few doors down from where we store our boat. Looks good for a weekly thing but spendy for just a weekend.
Labradorsofthemesa - After the summer is over we will be looking for a puppy. I'll shoot you a PM in a few months.

bullseye
07-18-2006, 08:13 AM
I stay there , My brother and I have a trailer there that we stay at , we leave there year around .
I like it is quit not a lot of rif raf people coming in and out and there is people that are there all the time and they keep an eye on all your stuff , and a very relaxed atmostfier .

bullseye
07-18-2006, 08:15 AM
if you call before you get there , ask them to turn the a/c on in you room before you get there , it will make it alot better for you

Hardly Satisfied
07-18-2006, 08:47 AM
go for it

desertbird
07-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Definately need a report. 1 Mile North of the bridge scares me (water levels) but the brochure pics sure look nice!

thumbs
07-18-2006, 09:08 AM
The water lever and rocks have me concerned.
We reserved 4 rooms for the 12th of August but I'll be stopping by this weekend to take a good look at the launch and beach.
I'll give a full report and provide photos after our visit in August.

RiverToysJas
07-18-2006, 09:33 AM
12 Aug is typically the same weekend as the Classic Boat Beach Bash at the Avi (though it's been cancelled for this year). The last two years water has been WAY down that weekend. You CAN run north of the bridge in most conditions if you know exactly where to run. I am still learning. I run up to nearly Willow Beach almost every trip now. Last trip I ran to the Laughlin Bridge, north of the Riverside. But I waited for water levels I was comfortable with. But I only ran my first jet boat in Laughlin for many years, so I'm pretty comfortable north of Avi bridge.
You may want to consider launching at the Jack Smith. It was dredged and redone last year. It's very deep now. Needles Marina is very shallow in low water. A weekend before last I had to walk the boat out to the river.
Good Luck!

thumbs
07-18-2006, 09:53 AM
I heard the same about Jack Smith. We might give that launch a try this weekend instead of Needles Marina.

desertbird
07-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Jack Smith Ramp kicks ass, but the parking still sucks last time I was there.
I liked the remodel, but we all seem to miss the beach parking across the way. I assume the rocks are there for geological reasons, but it cut the "parking" in half! We wondered if the rocks weren't put in just to prevent beaching across the way and then leading to a lot of swimmers across the channel to get to their trucks? :crossx: :mad: :crossx:
It all could be a conspiracy theory too....... :rolleyes:

thumbs
07-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Well we cruised by this weekend and we will be cancelling our reservations. No beach
Room for 1 boat at thier dock
Launch is in the current
Very shallow and rocky
Rooms are not even visable from the river
The guy that works there said he launches at Needles.