PDA

View Full Version : ANYONE FOR INSANITY????

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Hey out there,
I was just curious if anyone wanted to take a good sized cat and modify it into a boaters dream. I can get a primo engine with somewhere in the 1000 HP range custom made and a badass paint job. I'm more bored than anything and fact is I personally know Dave Hollan who is one of the best guys you can get working on a hull. As well as Mike Mclaren who builds drag engines for a hobby. I was thinking a BIG cat like a 28 daytona with dual I/O BEASTS. I think it would make one heck of a project, and I'd really like to fiddle around with it if anyone is interested. All I ask is that you pay for parts and the paint job and that I get to drive it for a bit :D wink
[ March 14, 2003, 08:06 PM: Message edited by: BIGGER=FASTER ]

WetWillie
03-14-2003, 08:18 PM
Im in!!!
How much do you need to get this project started? Were can I send the money?
Please let me know cause I am real interested in getting this going!
WW wink

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 08:27 PM
I'm not sure on the exact figure but it's A LOT. Depending on the hull you pick and I don't want to go any less than a 25 and I'm kinda shaky on that it's probably gonna go into 60k range minimum.

Infomaniac
03-14-2003, 09:57 PM
Send it to me. 60k will just be the deposit.
The 120 - 130 MPH 23' single engine 1000HP tunnel we are building now can be duplicated for about 80k. That is a bargain I guarantee.

BIGGER=FASTER
03-14-2003, 10:14 PM
Man your missing the point. It's just a good way to meet people and have some fun with your cash. Not a "get a great deal" kind of thing. And also if that is your company website I think I can help you. No offence but it's kinda sad. I'm no master but I can do a tad better than that. If you'd like a quickie that looks nice let me know.

syke-o
03-14-2003, 11:15 PM
ya i am in too... i have a ton of extra dough laying aroung that i will send you.... just tell me where...
[ March 14, 2003, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: syke-o ]

WetWillie
03-15-2003, 07:35 AM
BIGGER=FASTER,
I missed your awsome boat and engine building website? Please post the URL here so we can all see what your doing! I have about $100k burning a BIG hole in my pocket and I want to get it to you!
WW eek!
A Marine Assault 705 in a DCB 26 would be hard to top but you show me what you got!
[ March 15, 2003, 07:44 AM: Message edited by: WetWillie ]

BIGGER=FASTER
03-15-2003, 08:03 AM
it's not a company. It's a friend of mine named mike mclaren who builds drag engines as a hobby. He's a studio worker who knows his shit and can do just about anything. Keep in mind this won't start for a while. I gotta get my boaty done first :p wink

Infomaniac
03-15-2003, 09:03 AM
BIGGER=FASTER:
Man your missing the point. It's just a good way to meet people and have some fun with your cash. Not a "get a great deal" kind of thing. And also if that is your company website I think I can help you. No offence but it's kinda sad. I'm no master but I can do a tad better than that. If you'd like a quickie that looks nice let me know. Yes I threw sonething up there so at least something would be there. I would be interested in a lot better not just a tad better. PM me.

BIGGER=FASTER
03-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Ok well the setup would be a big cat (EX:Daytona 28) with 2 1000-1200 HP drag engines. Perhaps a NOS system for good measure :D . It these 2 beasts would be connected to some I/O outdrives. The paint job would be done my dave hollan who is one of the best in the business and is a friend of my fathers. I was thinking black for the primary color with red flames. On the flames a gold metal flake. The flake is just a nice touch for when you drive by. Then we add in the stereo. This would be a standard boat stereo, it would be klipsch home theatre setup. I would use 4, 15 inch subwoofers as well as lay a few floor standing speakers in carefully selected spots. If you're interested I'd like to hear from you but, once again I want to get my toy done first. For now lock that cash up and I'll get back to you later. Tell me what you think of my idea.... PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DogHouse
03-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Yup, noone has ever built a big cat with two big nasty blower motors, big stereo, and wild graphics before...
:confused:

BIGGER=FASTER
03-15-2003, 09:31 AM
oh and one more detail. I'm not sure how high mike can get a motor but it might be nice to have 2 beasts sticking up in the air. This is just one of my nutty ideas so I guess it's not gonna happen but atleast the boat will fly. The main thing is it's gonna have all the headers that those little 18 footers have and make just as much noise.

WetWillie
03-15-2003, 12:55 PM
If you can throw a Helecopter pad on the stern I would be game! Also if we could do everything in 24k plating to match the flack that would be extra pimp! One question for you? Why would we stop at 1000hp motors? Why not do some big boy nitromethane huffers and run duel 3-4000hp babys. Plus NOS for the drags of course!!
Let me know.
WW :rolleyes:

BIGGER=FASTER
03-15-2003, 01:06 PM
are you now being a smartass??? or was that just a friendly joke??? Fact is I am serious in what I say and will do it as soon as MY boat is done. I'm putting a 21 foot cat together for myself. I guess at 21 feet they aren't considered cats but really pickleforks. Same diff

WetWillie
03-15-2003, 01:42 PM
Freindly Joke of Course!!
WW :D

syke-o
03-16-2003, 12:26 PM
WetWillie:
Freindly Joke of Course!!
WW :D joking?? come on now, i am lining up investors for this project!!! i've already got some dudes from japan that are interested....

HTM 572
03-18-2003, 12:18 AM
WOW....