PDA

View Full Version : Question for AZ people...

locogringo
07-17-2006, 04:48 PM
Is Queens Creek a nice area? I am told it is right next to Mesa?
No, I am not moving out of CA (yet), just might have a property there.
Thanks, and since I am sure Jordy will respond, thanks in advance! :)

Jordy
07-17-2006, 04:58 PM
How did you know?? :D :D :D
Queen Creek is growing by leaps and bounds. PHX ATC lives out there in a really sweet pad, but as I'm sure he can attest to, getting in and out of there is a pain in the ass. Lots of construction on every road in and out of the place, mostly 2 lane roads with stop signs every mile at least. They've built up a whole big subdivision called Johnson Ranch Southeast of Queen Creek and it's just adding to the congestion. Figure in the next big Pulte/Del Webb project that is out East of Johnson Ranch and it's only going to get worse. If you had a job with irregular hours or could telecommute, it might not be bad, but if you have to show up and punch a clock everyday, I'd compare it to Cali. ;)

locogringo
07-17-2006, 05:05 PM
thanks Jordy.
Know anyone who would need a house out there in that area? It's my standard lease option way with no qualifying or income verification. House is only a yr. old... actually, two years old.
I'll give ya a referral fee if you know anyone.
Daniel

Magic34
07-17-2006, 05:31 PM
Right next to Mesa?? Sounds like a slaes guy is pitching that to you. It is really growing, but WAY out there!
There is a new freeway closer to the area than ever before, but I dread heading out there, and I'm in Mesa.

locogringo
07-17-2006, 06:00 PM
Right next to Mesa?? Sounds like a slaes guy is pitching that to you. It is really growing, but WAY out there!
There is a new freeway closer to the area than ever before, but I dread heading out there, and I'm in Mesa.
That was just my thinking Magic, noone ever told me it was. :rollside: :rollside:

No Name
07-17-2006, 06:05 PM
That Jordy is very sharp. :D :D

callbob4homes
07-17-2006, 06:14 PM
I live out here and yes Jordy is right, growing fast, traffic problems (but a hell of a lot better than they were) housing is cheaper and getting better until I think the first of the year. I could not have bought a golf course home closer to town anywhere near what I paid here, but not the same pad I had in Havasu a few years back :cry: Miss my 3 car garage but not the weekend bs. Still..........................will be (IMHO) the market to be in soon. i have lived in Az most of my life (grew up in Yuma) and have seen this area and the rest of the valley west and east, go crazy. Never would have bet on this, but wtf do I know? :rolleyes:

Jordy
07-17-2006, 06:19 PM
That Jordy is very sharp. :D :D
I'm only a 2nd generation Mesa native and have see lots of things change since my first memories of the place. The growth is amazing, yet sad at the same time. I still remember when Brown Rd. was a 2 lane road with open ditches on each side and pretty much everything past Val Vista was citrus groves with no houses on it. Queen Creek used to be the dropping off point where we'd go out with the horses or guns as there was nothing out there. Amazing growth in the last 15 years.

cave
07-17-2006, 06:20 PM
My niece lives out there. 1 big problem is they don't have a emergency room in the hospitals that are close. Chandler is the closes emergency room. Its actually urgent care.
The prices are better out there for a home but what ever you save in the cost of the house you pay in gas to go to work.
Good things about QC are new homes that are still affordable. Everyone is a new neighbor(except by Johnson's ranch. Locals hate the new homes.) Car insurance is much cheaper.
negative things about QC is its still QC. Rural city with a sprawl problem. When the wind blow the right way you get the smell of the dairy :yuk: All the road Ive driven on suck because of tall the semis hauling in and out plus the roads are 2 lane and focking narrow. Its too far from metro phoenix and AJ is just north of QC. AJ is Arizona's meth capital! Thieving bastards.

No Name
07-17-2006, 06:42 PM
Amazing growth in the last 15 years.
You’re right about that, I moved here in 91 from Cali of all places. :yuk: I have seen a lot of changes since then and could imagine how much it has changed for you.

callbob4homes
07-17-2006, 06:46 PM
New hospital 20 min away and new emergency hospital on Power rd. close by.
AJ is farther away than Gilbert, but QC is at this point still "out there". Those that wait will be those that wait when it comes to prices. Not that I am in RE, but I have seen this before and have been one to wait and surprised at what happens down the road. Point is, if you are a buyer, I don't think it is going to get better than what it is now. If you are selling...............maybe wait. jmo

squirt'nmyload
07-17-2006, 07:41 PM
i have to go to johnsons ranch in QC usually once a week and it SUCKS. from west mesa (dobson & baseline) it takes 45 mins to an hour and EVERY road south of the new 202 has construction on it. and don't go to johnsons ranch without a full tank of gas cause if you need it you'll be waiting awhile due to the 1 circle k gas station there.

ThongMagnet
07-17-2006, 09:38 PM
My niece lives out there. 1 big problem is they don't have a emergency room in the hospitals that are close. Chandler is the closes emergency room. Its actually urgent care.
The prices are better out there for a home but what ever you save in the cost of the house you pay in gas to go to work.
Good things about QC are new homes that are still affordable. Everyone is a new neighbor(except by Johnson's ranch. Locals hate the new homes.) Car insurance is much cheaper.
negative things about QC is its still QC. Rural city with a sprawl problem. When the wind blow the right way you get the smell of the dairy :yuk: All the road Ive driven on suck because of tall the semis hauling in and out plus the roads are 2 lane and focking narrow. Its too far from metro phoenix and AJ is just north of QC. AJ is Arizona's meth capital! Thieving bastards.
Gilbert's Mercy Hospital just opened up. It's the big building off the new section of the 202 loop. Yes traffic is a bear if your heading to phoenix in the morning, and back to the east valley in the late afternoon.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
07-18-2006, 12:37 AM
:) East side baby, Eastside :)
Eastside is in tha house;)

locogringo
07-18-2006, 07:19 PM
thanks for the responses, I appreciat it.
Daniel

slowinhavasu
07-18-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey loco...give some love to your family, from ours...hope life is treating you well...... :)

locogringo
07-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Hey loco...give some love to your family, from ours...hope life is treating you well...... :)
Carey;
I will. you do the same for yours.
All is good in the podunk state of CA

ROZ
07-19-2006, 01:43 AM
I'm only a 2nd generation Mesa native and have see lots of things change since my first memories of the place. The growth is amazing, yet sad at the same time. I still remember when Brown Rd. was a 2 lane road with open ditches on each side and pretty much everything past Val Vista was citrus groves with no houses on it. Queen Creek used to be the dropping off point where we'd go out with the horses or guns as there was nothing out there. Amazing growth in the last 15 years.
Yea, that whole gilbert/mesa and east area sure has grown.. I remember when The Morisons had a shit load of dairy land out there in the middle of nowhere.. oh wait, they still do :D

PHX ATC
07-23-2006, 04:38 PM
Daniel,
You still got's my numba? Call me if you do and I'll give you the poop (horse, of course)!
Sorry, I've been on vacation (again) and missed this whole thread. Queen Creek is a rather small town. It's a town, not a city, nor any other municipality. Be very careful in how houses are marketed or talked about. No offense to folks on here, but Johnson Ranch IS NOT QUEEN CREEK!!!!! It simply has a Queen Creek mailing address for the post office. The QC post office delivers their mail, but they are not in the town of Queen Creek. The are in unincorporated Pinal County in Johnson Ranch...along with the new Anthem, Morningstar Farms, Pecan Groves (or whatever) and some other cutesie subdivisions out there. That is where the traffic sucks getting to and from. They have very expensive water out there by a private company, have road issues, and I think, rather high taxes compared to Maricopa County, but I'm not sure.
I live in QC proper and have no problem getting to work. One caveat is that I work at odd hours and on weekends, so I don't see much of it really. Yes, Jordy is right, there's stopsigns everywhere, but they don't have enough MCSO officers to patrol rolling stoppers like me. :rollside: QC itself is a beauty of a town with some good real estate to be had (albeit still overpriced IMO). We do have our problems like immigrant workers that hawk themselves at the Circle K all day and sleep in the wash (so I've heard).
PM me Daniel and I'll give you a link for the tax assessor's website and show you where I live and areas that are good and those that are bad. This is just one man's opinion though. Call me up. Don't ask me if I'm gay like you normally do...you know the answer. :crossx:
Jordy has been out here...it's a haul, but depending upon what you're looking for, it ain't bad. Face it, Jordy was simply looking for a couple a beers and some attention and he drove out here!!! :)