PDA

View Full Version : DRIVING FORCE on A&E Tonight

Tom Slick
07-17-2006, 04:55 PM
For all of you drag racing and non drag racing fans, tonight is the premier of DRIVING FORCE. The show is a reality based series about 13x NHRA Funny Car Champion John Force and his 3 daughters Ashley, Brittany and Courtney. The show goes behind the scenes and follows the girls as they learn there fathers drag racing team business and become famous racers themselves. Although the show will show racing highlights, it is geared more toward the family and the highs and lows of having a famous racing father that wasn't around much during the girls younger years.
Sounds like a great show and it should be great for the sport. Check it out tonight and A&E a 9/8 central. Check your local listings for your exact time.
P.S. The Force girls are pretty hot and John is always entertaining.

Havasu1986
07-17-2006, 05:00 PM
The O.C. Register did a story about it. I guess he's really hard on the girls and there will be alot of yelling. Hope it doesnt hurt his image. I live about 2 miles from his shop. He has car shows every month and when hes in town he will stay and talk to everybody.

lalhc
07-17-2006, 05:02 PM
It's starting right now on DishNetwork in Havasu.

Coach
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
I have taught all 3 of the girls and the camera crews on campus were a bit of pain. I can say that all 3 of the girls are awesome and I hope the show doesn't put them in a poor light.

RitcheyRch
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Watching now on Direct TV.

JustDawn
07-17-2006, 05:42 PM
...First Episode was a flippin' riot. :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-17-2006, 06:20 PM
So, uh, yeah, Ashley, she's prtty hot!
What lake does John live at? Interesting relationship between he and his wife.....

Havasu1986
07-17-2006, 06:29 PM
He lives in the hills above me in Yorba Linda. She lives in 1 house and he lives in the smaller 1 on the same property. Down the street from his shop is a T.G.I.Fridays. I hear when him and boys come in it gets pretty loud.

Havasu1986
07-17-2006, 06:31 PM
So, uh, yeah, Ashley, she's prtty hot!
What lake does John live at? Interesting relationship between he and his wife.....
The lake that they are showing is called East Lake Village. Not big at all. I think Ashley lives there.

LUVNLIFE
07-17-2006, 06:40 PM
I'm def staying up to check the show out. Usually I'm in bed by 8 but I'm going to check it out :cool:

Coach
07-17-2006, 06:45 PM
I'm def staying up to check the show out. Usually I'm in bed by 8 but I'm going to check it out :cool:
One word for you: TIVO :rollside:

LUVNLIFE
07-17-2006, 06:52 PM
No way I'm old school. Anyone up for a game of Pong :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-17-2006, 06:57 PM
Or DirectTv and watch it at 6 PM. :)

Coach
07-17-2006, 06:59 PM
Or DirectTv and watch it at 6 PM. :)
Did that for about 5 mins, but Dora the Explorer out voted me watching the rest of the show for now.

Havasu1986
07-17-2006, 07:04 PM
[QUOTE=Coach]family lives in house about a block from me and they own the old historic house.
Coaching must pay well. Hows the team look for next season. I see alot of them at Fanatics gym.

Coach
07-17-2006, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Coach]family lives in house about a block from me and they own the old historic house.
Coaching must pay well. Hows the team look for next season. I see alot of them at Fanatics gym.
Wife makes good money. Coaching and teaching pay is low. We look good for next year. We have very good skill guys coming back with our RB commited to Oregon, a DE with 4 offers, and our QB offered by Air Force. The test will be how well our OL plays this next year.

Havasu1986
07-17-2006, 07:20 PM
Does that big kid that went to the dance play for you.

Coach
07-17-2006, 07:22 PM
Does that big kid that went to the dance play for you.
I didn't watch the show but I do know that many of the football guys hang with courtney.

JustDawn
07-17-2006, 08:02 PM
...Heard there is an upcoming episode that revolves around...
John Force
Ron Capps
Gary scelzi
going to HOOTERS....

cdog
07-17-2006, 09:28 PM
Ashley lives in anaheim hills in a condo. I've partied at her next door neighbors house and ran into her while she was comming home.

TRUMP TIGHT
07-17-2006, 09:32 PM
For all of you drag racing and non drag racing fans, tonight is the premier of DRIVING FORCE. The show is a reality based series about 13x NHRA Funny Car Champion John Force and his 3 daughters Ashley, Brittany and Courtney. The show goes behind the scenes and follows the girls as they learn there fathers drag racing team business and become famous racers themselves. Although the show will show racing highlights, it is geared more toward the family and the highs and lows of having a famous racing father that wasn't around much during the girls younger years.
Sounds like a great show and it should be great for the sport. Check it out tonight and A&E a 9/8 central. Check your local listings for your exact time.
P.S. The Force girls are pretty hot and John is always entertaining.
My step fathers photo shop used to handle all of their pass ports and photos.
Really nice people and the girls are smoken in person!!

Daytona100
07-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Girls are hot but he,s an ass. Seems like he spent his whole life on the road and has no clue how to relate to his daughters. Ashley is trying to follow in his footsteps and he harrases his daughter till she cry,s uncontrollably. Look,s like he payed the price for being a celebrity.

Tom Slick
07-17-2006, 09:56 PM
Girls are hot but he,s an ass. Seems like he spent his whole life on the road and has no clue how to relate to his daughters. Ashley is trying to follow in his footsteps and he harrases his daughter till she cry,s uncontrollably. Look,s like he payed the price for being a celebrity.
That's kind of the whole point of the show, to show John trying to connect with his family that he left behind to build his multi million dollar race teams. When you think about it, what does a truck driver turned drag race champion know about girls, family, etc.? I think it's comedy watching him trying to relate to his teen age daughters. Naturally Ashley is further along then the other two girls, as she's already graduated college and has been on tour with her dad for a year or two prior to this show even happening. Oh yeah, Ashley's real hot too. :D

dmontzsta
07-17-2006, 10:07 PM
I have a new show! :) He is a very down to earth guy.

Cs19
07-17-2006, 10:40 PM
I could see how someone could develop the attitude John has after being involved in the highest level of racing for all those years. That racing mentality starts becoming a way of life which doesnt work obviously. But the guy knows how to race and how to build a race team, thats for damn sure!! That race shop over there is unreal, they make all their own chit for their cars, so cool.
Apparently Ashley will be in a funny car very soon, they said something about her driving one at the Dallas race.

HBjet
07-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Good Show!!! Some very funny moments... I just love the look on Johns face when his daughter said she wanted to be a teacher.... lol.
That shop looks top notch. Should be a good show to follow.
HBjet

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 04:20 AM
Will definitely watch the next episode. Show was good. Have to hand it to him for trying to get more in touch with his Daughter's although not sure if doing on TV is the right way.

Liberator TJ1984
07-18-2006, 05:18 AM
Stayed at the same motel he does at the Baytown Drags a few times , every mourning at breakfast at the nextdoor resturaunt John is a Riot to be around , all jokes and just f'n with everybody in the place :cool:

havaduner
07-18-2006, 06:24 AM
Honestly, didnt really like it a whole bunch, but I'm a big John Force fan, so I'll have to watch just to see what happens.

Havasu_Dreamin
07-18-2006, 06:41 AM
True. But at least he has the balls to admit, even if it just for the cameras benefit, that he is the one that screwed up. He knows he has lost touch with his family and now is trying to reconnect, that at least says something about the man.

roostwear
07-18-2006, 07:09 AM
Back in the early 70s a friend and I campaigned a dual quad tunnel Falcon at The County. He lived at The Streams in Yorba Linda (well, technically Fullerton on that side of Nutwood) and we were always thrashing on that car getting it ready for Wednesday grudge races and Saturday brackets. There was an enclosed car trailer that parked across the street next to the orange grove that had "Brute Force" on the side of it. John lived there also and was occaisionally seen around the complex and would shoot the shit with ya. He wasn't anything yet back then, but was either on the road or racing. Not much time for family back then and I guess the drive to win consumes you until you have the chance to take a deep breath, look around, and wonder WTF happened to all the years.
I liked the show, but it didn't surprise me. Success isn't a part time job, and it looks like John realized the trade-off he made years ago.

jbtrailerjim
07-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Great show. I enjoyed it a lot. :cool:

Johnwithjm
07-18-2006, 07:40 AM
I liked the show. Having 3 girls would be tough. I only have 2 and that is tough.

Cruzzze
07-18-2006, 07:48 AM
I've raced all three girls in Super Comp, and they are really pretty good drivers. Brittany and Courtney just need alot more laps down the track to get better, but they do good. I beat Ashley a couple of years back and John came over to me after they had a little problem and I waited, and congratualted me on the win and thanking me for waiting, no big deal. It's gotta be tough being his kids, because he wants them to win, just like we wany our kids to do their very best. My dad was kinda that way, pushing me into dirt track racing at 4 years old in quarter midgets and go karts. But I'm addicted to it now. Ashley will be in a AA/FC in the next year or two, she's already been testing her own funny car for hte future. :crossx:

Coach
07-18-2006, 08:35 AM
I just watched 2 episodes. That was great. Very funny show. John is a madman and the girls just roll with the punches. Brittney looked much different than when I had her in my class. She looks like she lost some weight and looks very good. Great show, can't wait to see more. What is up with John's wife? Does she ever smile or has all the botox frozen her face?

dirty old man
07-18-2006, 09:37 AM
I thought the girls came off as typical teenie boppers - dummer 'n dirt...

OutCole'd
07-18-2006, 09:41 AM
This thread is worthless without pics.

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Gotta love Super Comp. Used to go watch my friend, Fast Jack Beckman race all the time.
I've raced all three girls in Super Comp, and they are really pretty good drivers. Brittany and Courtney just need alot more laps down the track to get better, but they do good. I beat Ashley a couple of years back and John came over to me after they had a little problem and I waited, and congratualted me on the win and thanking me for waiting, no big deal. It's gotta be tough being his kids, because he wants them to win, just like we wany our kids to do their very best. My dad was kinda that way, pushing me into dirt track racing at 4 years old in quarter midgets and go karts. But I'm addicted to it now. Ashley will be in a AA/FC in the next year or two, she's already been testing her own funny car for hte future. :crossx:

catman-do
07-18-2006, 10:50 AM
I watched the show last night. Seems like typical John Force stuff. He has always been sort of a pompus assh0le. My dads side of the family is all involved in racing, weve been to dinner with him and he seemed like an alchoholic (about 8 years ago). I think he is an awesome racer and a dedicated business man, however as a person I dont care for him. Many people that have experienced major success tend to only care about the business aspect and forget about the rest. Ive got a cousin thats a Top Fuel driver, one thats a alchahol funy car driver, one thats drives chraftmans truck series, and one in formula3. All of them are very down to earth, yet successful. However I dont believe they will reach the level of success as John Force. I like the Pedregon's. Nice Family.

Cruzzze
07-18-2006, 10:53 AM
Fast Jack, yeah I've raced Jack many a time, great guy. My wife and him had cancer at the same time, so we all got pretty close. Plus he was the 2002 SC World Champ. Back in SC now after getting to drive a fuel car last year.

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 10:55 AM
Jack is a good guy. Was sure hoping he would have stuck it out in Top Fuel.
I'm also friends with Jim and Jeff Lirones.
I wnt to high school and hung out with Steve Johnson the Pro Stock Bike Rider and in our old street racing days went to many parties at a house than him and Larry Dixon shared.
Oh the good old days.
Fast Jack, yeah I've raced Jack many a time, great guy. My wife and him had cancer at the same time, so we all got pretty close. Plus he was the 2002 SC World Champ. Back in SC now after getting to drive a fuel car last year.

Cruzzze
07-18-2006, 11:01 AM
Yep have raced Lirones also. Of course we were all in Div 7, so you kinda run the same 200 people here.
If you look on the left side of the ladder, you will find Lirones and myself in Seattle.......small world huh
http://dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=5110&Filter=Year2004#indextop

Havasu1986
07-18-2006, 11:03 AM
I watched the show last night. Seems like typical John Force stuff. He has always been sort of a pompus assh0le. My dads side of the family is all involved in racing, weve been to dinner with him and he seemed like an alchoholic (about 8 years ago). I think he is an awesome racer and a dedicated business man, however as a person I dont care for him. Many people that have experienced major success tend to only care about the business aspect and forget about the rest. Ive got a cousin thats a Top Fuel driver, one thats a alchahol funy car driver, one thats drives chraftmans truck series, and one in formula3. All of them are very down to earth, yet successful. However I dont believe they will reach the level of success as John Force. I like the Pedregon's. Nice Family.
Not sure how he was then. He lets the local car clubs in the area do car shows at his shop and opens up the work area for tours. At Xmas he has a big toy drive at his shop with live bands and is always there for autographs and pictures.

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 11:03 AM
The Lirones's are good guys. I remember when he would drive that '34 Ford to the street races. They build some bad ass stuff at their shop in Tujunga,CA.
Yep have raced Lirones also. Of course we were all in Div 7, so you kinda run the same 200 people here.
If you look on the left side of the ladder, you will find Lirones and myself in Seattle.......small world huh
http://dragracecentral.com/DRCStory.asp?ID=5110&Filter=Year2004#indextop

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 11:06 AM
Does Jack Beckmans old team mate Brent Cannon still race SC?

Cruzzze
07-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Yeah they seem to be good guys.

boater72
07-18-2006, 01:01 PM
Yes Jack is a good guy, I won my one and only Wally agaisnt him two years ago. I thought the show was what it is a show, I knew John when he had his car over at Clay Smiths in one of the stalls, and feel that he has earned everything he has got.

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 03:26 PM
I havent seen Jack in awhile. Been so busy with work and stuff havent had a chance to stop by his house.
Yes Jack is a good guy, I won my one and only Wally agaisnt him two years ago. I thought the show was what it is a show, I knew John when he had his car over at Clay Smiths in one of the stalls, and feel that he has earned everything he has got.

TBONE1904
07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Jack Beckman is one hell of a guy. My mother passed over 3 years ago from cancer, so I understand the troubles that sickness creates. He keeps his head high, and does what he loves!!!! As far as the show goes I never watch TV, but I liked it and will countinue to watch. John isn't an asshole he is "focused". I too could never raise girls!!!! I think highly of Ashley, and yes John is hard on her but for her own good. I cant believe they left the part in when Courtney misused that word, and Brittney agreed. Thank GOD Ashley knew they were wrong and I was starting to see some Paris Hilton in the Courtney and Brittney!!!. Who remembers what the word was?

Havasu1986
07-18-2006, 03:49 PM
Original

slowinhavasu
07-18-2006, 04:07 PM
I loved it...great show.....I met John years ago at a bar called Harvey's in Anahiem...great guy...
I think if you take a close look at any CEO of a huge company or a career type person you will find them to be bit out of touch whith there kids or family...
I used to work 60 to 80 hrs a week when the girls were young, I felt like a stranger in my own home when I would come back into town. They (the family) has there routine down, I would be in the way half the time....
The only time it seemed like we had family time was when we were in Havasu, I had no choice but to let the job go when I was here...
The girls may have a different take on that time, but that is how I felt.
And I always handled family problems like I would handle a problem at the plant. ID the problem, make a plan of action, execute the plan , confirm the problem was fixed.........
I can relate with Johns out look....

TBONE1904
07-18-2006, 04:21 PM
I loved it...great show.....I met John years ago at a bar called Harvey's in Anahiem...great guy...
I think if you take a close look at any CEO of a huge company or a career type person you will find them to be bit out of touch whith there kids or family...
I used to work 60 to 80 hrs a week when the girls were young, I felt like a stranger in my own home when I would come back into town. They (the family) has there routine down, I would be in the way half the time....
The only time it seemed like we had family time was when we were in Havasu, I had no choice but to let the job go when I was here...
The girls may have a different take on that time, but that is how I felt.
And I always handled family problems like I would handle a problem at the plant. ID the problem, make a plan of action, execute the plan , confirm the problem was fixed.........
I can relate with Johns out look....
well said....work and play ARE 2 different things. Are you by any chance an engineer aswell?

slowinhavasu
07-18-2006, 04:23 PM
well said....work and play ARE 2 different things. Are you by any chance an engineer aswell?
No, I just fix what egineers would design....I was a central plant operator....Industrial HVAC, tech.....

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 04:28 PM
Nice to see and hear that everyone likes Jack.
As I said before, you have to hand it to John Force for trying to be more involved with his Daughters. I do know first hand that it can be tough. My Daughter, 16, can be extremely difficult at times and seems when they are at that age that they want nothing to do with their family.
Jack Beckman is one hell of a guy. My mother passed over 3 years ago from cancer, so I understand the troubles that sickness creates. He keeps his head high, and does what he loves!!!! As far as the show goes I never watch TV, but I liked it and will countinue to watch. John isn't an asshole he is "focused". I too could never raise girls!!!! I think highly of Ashley, and yes John is hard on her but for her own good. I cant believe they left the part in when Courtney misused that word, and Brittney agreed. Thank GOD Ashley knew they were wrong and I was starting to see some Paris Hilton in the Courtney and Brittney!!!. Who remembers what the word was?

TBONE1904
07-18-2006, 04:29 PM
No, I just fix what egineers would design....I was a central plant operator....Industrial HVAC, tech.....
No offense taken.....I think I have proven to my company, that I'm not the "Mechanical Engineer" who doesnt know the difference between a phillips and a flat screwdriver! My dad is an electrical contrator, and I worked for him while I was going to school. You can imagine the dilema I had when I actually was the asshole engineer!!!!

Racer277
07-20-2006, 02:47 PM
The shows were awesome, thanks for the heads up Tom Slick!
A lot of old places in this thread. Lived at The Streams. Drank at Harvey's.
Man that was a long time ago.
Looking forward to the next episodes.

riverjunkie
07-21-2006, 09:47 AM
I thought the shows were great, however I do think Laurie (Mom) needs to take a step back, she always seems to take a stab at just the right time.

INFINITEJJ
07-23-2006, 06:42 PM
I liked the show. Having 3 girls would be tough. I only have 2 and that is tough.
He has four girls, Robert Hieght is married to his oldest. And your right it would be tough, I also have 2 girls.

Havasu1986
07-24-2006, 05:00 PM
New show tonite on A&E check your local listings

Big Kahunaa
07-24-2006, 05:16 PM
go it tvo'ed

Mrs.Racer277
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
I LOL at the restraunt they took his brother to for his birthday. Foxfire. HEHEHEHE

RitcheyRch
07-24-2006, 05:36 PM
Watching now on Direct TV.
Actually was a good episode.

RitcheyRch
10-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Watching it now

squirt'nmyload
10-02-2006, 05:14 PM
Watching it now
me too...i love this show

RitcheyRch
10-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Gotta like John Force. He pretty funny
me too...i love this show

squirt'nmyload
10-02-2006, 06:02 PM
Gotta like John Force. He pretty funny
when he munched the prop on his boat last week was great!!!!!!

Havasu1986
10-02-2006, 06:14 PM
Nate the fitness trainer on the show is my personal trainer at the gym here in Yorba Linda. He told me how the show that he did is very scripted. But it may work out for him. John hired him to help design a gym at Force Racing and train the employees when their in town.

Tom Slick
10-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Nate the fitness trainer on the show is my personal trainer at the gym here in Yorba Linda. He told me how the show that he did is very scripted. But it may work out for him. John hired him to help design a gym at Force Racing and train the employees when their in town.
Is he dating Ashley now? How'd that work out?

Mrs.Racer277
10-02-2006, 06:22 PM
We are hooked on the show. We record it so we never miss. It makes me laugh. :)

Havasu1986
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
Is he dating Ashley now? How'd that work out?
No.. He has a girl freind that he met in Havi over spring break. He said it was his idea to call John when he was at Kenos restaraunt drinking. I told him he sucked in pool. He said they told him to take it easy on Ashley.

slowinhavasu
10-02-2006, 06:39 PM
That show did seem scripted, but most of the others crack me up....lol :)

deltaAce
10-02-2006, 08:36 PM
Watching now also, dosn't he kinda look & sound like Gary Busey, the actor? Good guy, good show.

3 daytona`s
10-02-2006, 09:15 PM
What is the deal with his wife?Is that Botox gone bad :idea: