PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me ?

HALLETT BOY
07-18-2006, 10:32 AM
Was just sitting in the channel, Sunday afternoon, enjoying the sunshine , boats and everything else, when a pontoon boat with three dudes on it, cruises by, pulls into a slot and angles his speakers so as to expose as many people as possible , and starts blasting his music at everybody. Now I say "music" , as this was some kind of rap, with every other word " F " this and "F " that and you F ing bitch , and on top of that , his speakers were
distorting big time ! What made him think that we all wanted to listen to his "music " ? Is this what the city council is going to stop ? Is it just me or do you all enjoy listening to this guys idea of music ? Am I getting too old ?
Just curious as to your thoughts ??

spectratoad
07-18-2006, 10:37 AM
You're getting old. :p
I have to agree. It is ok to crank the music but it all comes down to a little respect (which is very much lacking nowdays). There are mostly likely ordinances in place that would take care of the blasting the profanity so loudly. If they would enforce it??? I would rather be offended by a lack of pasties than blasting profanity.

Jbb
07-18-2006, 10:37 AM
Did they urinate in public .....or flip you off?..... :p

Nord
07-18-2006, 10:40 AM
Was just sitting in the channel, Sunday afternoon, enjoying the sunshine , boats and everything else, when a pontoon boat with three dudes on it, cruises by, pulls into a slot and angles his speakers so as to expose as many people as possible , and starts blasting his music at everybody. Now I say "music" , as this was some kind of rap, with every other word " F " this and "F " that and you F ing bitch , and on top of that , his speakers were
distorting big time ! What made him think that we all wanted to listen to his "music " ? Is this what the city council is going to stop ? Is it just me or do you all enjoy listening to this guys idea of music ? Am I getting too old ? Just curious as to your thoughts ??
Pretty much................ :cool:
Did you expect any more from the sandbar???
I suggest Going down South more, or maybe Lake Mead :wink:
~NORD~

HALLETT BOY
07-18-2006, 11:07 AM
Pretty much................ :cool:
Did you expect any more from the sandbar???
I suggest Going down South more, or maybe Lake Mead :wink:
~NORD~
I was in the channel, not the sandbar...

H20Advantage
07-18-2006, 11:22 AM
I tell you what....Let them start drinking, give them some shit and set them off and then call the locals in to take em away for violating the new ordinance. Could be fun. :cool:

Nord
07-18-2006, 12:24 PM
I was in the channel, not the sandbar...
Well enough said :cool:
Usually if someone's stereo is distorted, I point it out to them, and they usally will turn it down a click or two. If not, then send the kids out splashing!!! The ol' "its a boat, its supposed to get wet" saying is a great rebuttal............

Beer-30
07-18-2006, 12:31 PM
Pull a John Belushi and just walk calmly over there. Stop at one of the speakers. Then, out of the blue, grab the speaker - rip it from its wires - and throw it in the water. Then just shrug and walk away.
Animal House, where he smashes the guitar on the staircase.

Tom Brown
07-18-2006, 12:34 PM
HALLET BOY's situation is exactly why they should re-allow urination. Pissing on this guy's blasting speakers would be the perfect response in a situation like this.
.... and the bass feels great on a loose bag.

pixilatedpussy
07-18-2006, 12:51 PM
I would have been pissed too! :mad:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-18-2006, 12:53 PM
It's not just you. As was stated lack of courtesy.

HALLETT BOY
07-18-2006, 01:09 PM
The funny thing is, these people tried so hard to look and be cool, after a couple of minutes of this , they looked pathetic ! I actually started to feel a little sorry for them...

Keith E. Sayre
07-18-2006, 01:17 PM
I call it "music to punish your parents with" and I simply cannot imagine
myself humming one of those songs in 20 years as I wash the boat!
I think that is something that the new law should help out with but won't.
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

syke-o
07-18-2006, 01:25 PM
you could have just walked over and said that his music was alittle loud and ask him to turn it down a few notches... or turn yours up so you dont have to listen to his.. you could blast some of the music you old timers play :crossx:

Bense468
07-18-2006, 01:28 PM
Does a cordless makita drill work under water?

No Name
07-18-2006, 01:40 PM
That has happened to me before, It was hard to tell what kind of music he was playing because it was all distortion coming out of his speakers. I just backed out and found another place to park. Not worth letting something like that fock up your day.

Chubby4Life
07-18-2006, 01:44 PM
distorting big time ! What made him think that we all wanted to listen to his "music " ? Is this what the city council is going to stop ? Is it just me or do you all enjoy listening to this guys idea of music ? Am I getting too old ?
Just curious as to your thoughts ??
was it purple with 3 late 30's guys on it???

HALLETT BOY
07-18-2006, 01:51 PM
was it purple with 3 late 30's guys on it???
It looked kinda orange-ish , harley -davidson, maybe halloween colored !

Devil's Advocate
07-18-2006, 01:54 PM
LOL.. :)

Chubby4Life
07-18-2006, 02:07 PM
There's a purple one up on Mojave with distorted speakers, 3 older "playa's" and one naked dancing chick. Their act is a little tired, so I thought they move it down to Havi.

catman-do
07-18-2006, 02:21 PM
People should respect teh fact that not everyone listens to the same music. I know the guy next to me might not like mine so I turn it loud enough for me to enjoy, but not so loud that he cant hear his/hers. What I wonder about is the advertisement pontoons such as the budwiser pontoon or those smaller ones with all the bilboards on them. If the police are going to enforce it then they would need to pull over the people that do the advertising boat. That pontoon drives me crazy when they come by with the commercial blaring over the speakers. The budwiser boat I dont so much mind because its atleast music.

h2oski2fast
07-18-2006, 02:27 PM
Why yes it does.

Sleek-Jet
07-18-2006, 03:03 PM
Sounds like it was one of the those new DCB custum 'Toons everyone is talking about getting... :idea:
Everyone knows how those DCB people are... :rolleyes: :D :D :D

2Driver
07-18-2006, 03:07 PM
We were with friends, new to the river, and 3 kids when we beached on the small strip below Barley Brothers. Several guys and a girl decided to slip in next to us and it was REAL TIGHT. They had the stereo on "ballistic level" (Nice system by the way) Anyway, it was the usual F-this lyrics and I couldn't even speak to anyone in our boat it was so load. Our wives had run up to get a snacks for the kids. Meanwhile the dry hump-face dance in going on 4 feet from the kids. Just absolutely no consideration for others - none.
They looked over at us with that belligerent, antagonistic $hit look as if saying " Too bad, there's not $hit you can do about. Obviously, I said nothing and they eventfully finished after a few songs and went up to the stores.
I can just image what would have transpired if I asked him to back it off just a bit. :crossx:

No Regrets
07-18-2006, 03:11 PM
Sounds like it was one of the those new DCB custum 'Toons everyone is talking about getting... :idea:
Everyone knows how those DCB people are... :rolleyes: :D :D :D
It WAS former DCBers trying to get you to leave for not waving.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
07-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Are you sure it wasn't a Carrera Cat with the hatch up? :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 03:20 PM
Hate when people have little or no respect for others in the area.

slowinhavasu
07-18-2006, 03:20 PM
How the times are changing....I brought this up last year and the normal responce was: If you don't like it don't go the channel blah blah blah...
I have had to asked people to turn it down in the past, they get all shitty faced and act like I'm the one with the problem. They usually turn it down, but will slowly turn it back up......If this is the case I will just leave and find a new place to hang.....It's not worth the hassle...
Hey Shadow, how do you feel about thisssslol

Sherpa
07-18-2006, 03:50 PM
if the channel wasn't boat-on-boat close on the shore, i'd be funny to quietly
tie a rope to the back of his boat, and toss the other end into the middle of the channel.... better yet, swim it out to the sherrif boat when they come
by......
wait, this just might get you in trouble......
--Sherpa

Marty Gras
07-18-2006, 09:35 PM
On Sunday in the channel a couple of guys on the east side, threw 2 speakers up on their bimini top and cranked 'um up. We were in a group on the west side and could not talk to friends standing 3' away. Two other boats full of people on our side started yelling at the guys to "turn it down". The guys just stayed "WOT" as if everyone around them LOVED THE NOISE. Two LHCPD officers in a boat came by and I put my fingers in my ears (><), they saw me and then I pointed out the offending boat. They stopped near the 'bad boat' and told the guys to "turn it down now". The noise stayed low for the next few hours, and we all could then calm back down. It sure was nice when the noise left and the 'normal activities' were resumed. I'm no music critic but loud noise offends the peaceful nature of the area, and tends to make "Party People", into an angry mob. I personally hate turning into an angry mob, it always ends up my drink being spilled and someone elses blood all over the place.

OCMerrill
07-18-2006, 09:54 PM
Why yes it does.
x2 - So does a DeWalt 14.4v.
With pontoons though you need a hole drilled in the top to let the air out as the water comes in.
Or am I saying to much? :rollside:

Phat Matt
07-18-2006, 10:03 PM
My music is usually pretty loud. :D I usually get compliments on my music selection though. I program it on the fly and play a lot of everything and keep the F bombs to a minimum. People even bring me drinks and say thanks for the great music. I will honestly look around at the people near me and throw in songs that I think they might enjoy. When I get tired playing DJ I just throw on one of my house mixes. :D
Oh, and you will hear no distortion coming from me! :D

Legal Chemistry
07-19-2006, 12:00 PM
I've had the same scenario... got the evil eye pulling up with the 'boom-boom' music. Pops next to me is giving me the stink eye -as well as my wife and everyone else. You can tell he's getting pissed -so I turn it up and walk away from my boat and to his. Ask him for a cd they are listening to (eagles live at the time), popped it in and we were all happy. Gotta respect those around you. And for you old pissy farts -forget the stereotypes. All in all we had a great day and met wonderful people... Don't get me wrong we didn't listen to their stuff all day, but the 30-minute gesture made a differance for the entire day.

OCMerrill
07-19-2006, 01:57 PM
I've had the same scenario... got the evil eye pulling up with the 'boom-boom' music. Pops next to me is giving me the stink eye -as well as my wife and everyone else. You can tell he's getting pissed -so I turn it up and walk away from my boat and to his. Ask him for a cd they are listening to (eagles live at the time), popped it in and we were all happy. Gotta respect those around you. And for you old pissy farts -forget the stereotypes. All in all we had a great day and met wonderful people... Don't get me wrong we didn't listen to their stuff all day, but the 30-minute gesture made a differance for the entire day.
Showing a little respect. Most the time goes a long way. good for you.