PDA

View Full Version : being on the river at night

robertm
07-18-2006, 04:47 PM
can you be on the river as late as you want as long as you have lights or is there a certain time that you have to pull the boat off the river?

riverbound
07-18-2006, 04:50 PM
I have been on the strip at all hours of the night.

robertm
07-18-2006, 04:54 PM
well the reason i ask is because i put my boat on the lower part of the river at big river and made a few passes. when i pulled the boat to the launch ramp to pull it out the security guard from big river was standing there and was ringing me a new one saying he was going to call the sheriff and what not. then got a letter in the mail saying we have been kicked out of the rv park for noise violations.

roostwear
07-18-2006, 05:28 PM
You seem to have left out a few vital details. What time were you "making a few passes", were you baffled, and were you buzzing the beach? It sounds more like a courtesy issue... you can be on the river at any time, but most don't appreciate loud exhaust after dark, and would wonder if you're all there making runs in the dark. The lower river is REAL tolerant of open headers during the day, but night time..........

desrtrat256
07-18-2006, 05:32 PM
im gonna take a guess here, was it about 11:30 with no baffles and about 3 hard passes. just a guess, but i think im close. i dont think there any getting back in robby.

robertm
07-18-2006, 05:36 PM
yes it may not have been the courteous thing to do. but i dont think the big river security guard has any say over whether someone can run their boat on the water. I guess next time keep the baffles in and ill be ok.

advantage21
07-18-2006, 05:40 PM
What Weekend Was This?

roostwear
07-18-2006, 05:44 PM
As you (and others) have found, they can do whatever they want regarding their business and who they let in. I'm surprised nobody told you about Big River's noise policies, but it's one of those live and learn deals. It's not easy to get yourself (or someone else) back in once you've been red flagged.

robertm
07-18-2006, 05:50 PM
yeah not too worried about it. do you know of any other places around that area. i know lost lake is about 20 minutes down river from there.

FryJet
07-18-2006, 06:13 PM
Well hell.......just go down to Martinez. You could probably make a dozen hard passes in the lagoon in front of the bar @ 2 am and you could be a hero to all those knuckle heads. :) Just watch out for "barrowed" Aluminator rentals that are out getting hot lapped by the local drunks. Dont worry about the 5 O sub station either............you'll be out in the morning and you still wont get kicked out of the park, they will frame your ticket and hang it in the bar though
F.J.

HBjet
07-18-2006, 06:17 PM
That's messed up you got kicked out because Big River doesn't control the water way. I know I have been on the water well past midnight before, with open headers and no water, but I wasn't making passes and I was keeping north of Big River. Never had a problem, but then again that was before the security guard too.
HBjet

roostwear
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
:rolleyes: Yeah, it's all the security guards fault...

robertm
07-18-2006, 06:43 PM
hey dont take me wrong im not trying to say what i did was the smartest thing to do. i was just curious if there actually is a certain time when you are not allowed on the river and i was pretty sure that there wasnt.

roostwear
07-18-2006, 06:49 PM
No, there isn't and it IS kinda cool being on the water late. I prefer to just go on midhight floats 'cuz even with as well as I know my stretch of the river, shit happens alot quicker at night.

Bense468
07-18-2006, 07:34 PM
I've seen weirder things happen. Down in blythe we usually come off the water at 10-11. Over 4th we had blown injected alky boats out on the sandbar at 2am.

pebo
07-18-2006, 08:23 PM
The guard comes out a 10 pm at Big River. Dont really see people making "passes" that late at nite, although i would have been the first on at the shore front to watch. Did you run a bow light like HB used to? J/K Sorry they booted you though.

Bradf
07-18-2006, 08:39 PM
Hah. Sucks man. Come on up to Wheeler. (just before bridge to parker on cali side coming from rice road) Although its the same stuff as Big River it sounds like... the ppl that have been there the longest get the most say/priority... No security guards. They're not really needed though, its pretty mellow... others are pretty respectful when it comes to noise (parties etc).

james
07-18-2006, 08:43 PM
I have a place in big river what was the security guards name. There is an old guy we call the pit bull. I didnt have my sticker on the right place on my windshield, and he thought he was king S..T. I know Robby is a pretty cool guy so Im guessing but I dont think it was him.

james
07-18-2006, 08:44 PM
hey also can anybodys rooster tail hit the bottom of the brigde I can I will send pics

robertm
07-18-2006, 09:16 PM
it was an older guy.

BOOGEYMAN
07-18-2006, 09:29 PM
hey also can anybodys rooster tail hit the bottom of the brigde I can I will send pics
lets see them!!!!! :crossx:

HBjet
07-18-2006, 09:33 PM
I believe Hustler can hit it pretty much all the time!!!

Cs19
07-18-2006, 09:50 PM
That sucks you got the boot. You should call the park and apologize, they will let you back in most likely.
99.9 % of the people in the park dont give a sh*t if your on the water till 2 am with open headers.

RCB19
07-18-2006, 09:55 PM
:idea: I would never have my boat out after dark... Or at least midnight.

Bradf
07-19-2006, 04:35 AM
Speaking of the bridge... 2 weekends ago some guy DUSTED a chevy passing by on the bridge with his roost.. just drenched the whole side of the truck.. guy prolly almost had a heart attack...

probablecause
07-19-2006, 05:53 AM
im gonna take a guess here, was it about 11:30 with no baffles and about 3 hard passes. just a guess, but i think im close. i dont think there any getting back in robby.
It was your evil twin.

breezeblocker
07-19-2006, 08:01 AM
well the reason i ask is because i put my boat on the lower part of the river at big river and made a few passes. when i pulled the boat to the launch ramp to pull it out the security guard from big river was standing there and was ringing me a new one saying he was going to call the sheriff and what not. then got a letter in the mail saying we have been kicked out of the rv park for noise violations.
maybe they used the noise as an excuse to get you out... and perhaps it was because of the ufc fight near your space? :boxingguy

djdtpr
07-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I've seen weirder things happen. Down in blythe we usually come off the water at 10-11. Over 4th we had blown injected alky boats out on the sandbar at 2am.
Jetaways rules.

NautiTwins
07-19-2006, 09:02 AM
There are no rules about being on the water at night. I think and would have to check, you are not allowed to pull a skier after sunset.
I am betting that they were just upset because it was after 10pm.(Quite time) Next time, just launch and go up river a little bit.

GOT TINT?
07-19-2006, 09:06 AM
know i could be wrong but i thought there was a speed limit of 5mph 30 minutes before dusk, all the way to 30 minutes after dawn. may want to check,but how funny would that be to blast a bridge people were on during the evening. :2purples:

Hustler
07-19-2006, 09:51 AM
know i could be wrong but i thought there was a speed limit of 5mph 30 minutes before dusk, all the way to 30 minutes after dawn. may want to check,but how funny would that be to blast a bridge people were on during the evening. :2purples:
Not true. I think the law reads something about a safe speed but I do know there is no speed limit, if there was all the people on the Parker srtip at night would get tickets.
:rolleyes:

*BN*
07-19-2006, 10:18 AM
imho, the security guard has done us all a favor. To bad he couldn't ban your ass from all water ways in this country. HARD PASSES AT NIGHT HAS GOT TO BE ONE THE MOST STUPID THINGS A BOAT OPERATOR CAN DO.
Let me guess, now that you were banned from Big River you will launch from some where else and buzz big river to get even RIGHT?
What a dumbass.

robertm
07-19-2006, 04:31 PM
This fight you are talking about didnt involve in one from our space nor was i even out there for it. I wouldnt even bother launching elsewhere and making more passes in front of big river, it really wouldnt accomplish anything.