PDA

View Full Version : Flights On Delay

JetBoatRich
07-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Sounds like the planes will be delayed tonight. LAX, S.D. and Burbank are effected by a power outage in Palmdale and no ground traffic allowed :mad:
just watched the aerial shots on the news, the planes are all sitting and waiting :yuk:

h2oski2fast
07-18-2006, 05:40 PM
What's the world coming to when they shut down half of CA because Palmdale doesn't have power? :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

3 daytona`s
07-18-2006, 05:44 PM
Sounds like the planes will be delayed tonight. LAX, S.D. and Burbank are effected by a power outage in Palmdale and no ground traffic allowed :mad:
just watched the aerial shots on the news, the planes are all sitting and waiting :yuk:
Rich if you take a big deep breath and think about this,if this is the most inconvient problem you encounter in your life.I`d say good :)

mbrown2
07-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Anybody have new info on this as I am waiting for a plane in AZ to go to Burbank and so far it will delayed 30min....
Afroman's hood takes out the airlines...:)

Trailer Park Casanova
07-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Watching the news,, nothin yet,, called work,, they have no info yet either.
An all time record day for power generation and transmission in So Cali.
2 generators tripped offline at Castaic,, catastropic failure, they'll have to be overhauled.

lewiville
07-18-2006, 06:49 PM
iam in vegas and staying in vegas. what do I do with my kids?

JetBoatRich
07-18-2006, 06:52 PM
Rich if you take a big deep breath and think about this,if this is the most inconvient problem you encounter in your life.I`d say good :)
That is the positive way to look at it :cool:

J540
07-18-2006, 07:58 PM
Wife and I saw it going to Sams Club. It was a white truck Chevy s10 it looked like, they said it was going 100mph down (south) on 10th st west and and well right across from sams club, and the AV mall it took out a utility pole and it was a BIG one too, Like two feet in dia, He got out and walked away we saw him he didn't look bad but He had a little SPLANING To do LUCY to Mr, sheriff. who did not look to HAPPY. they were putting up a new one 2 hr,s ago.

blown dough
07-18-2006, 08:01 PM
Wife and I saw it going to Sams Club. It was a white truck Chevy s10 it looked like, they said it was going 100mph down (south) on 10th st west and and well right across from sams club, and the AV mall it took out a utility pole and it was a BIG one too, Like two feet in dia, He got out and walked away we saw him he didn't look bad but He had a little SPLANING To do LUCY to Mr, sheriff. who did not look to HAPPY. they were putting up a new one 2 hr,s ago.
You live in the AV apparently, yeah our power has flickered about three times this afternoon. If I have to reset the clocks one more time I'm goin scream

a catered life
07-18-2006, 08:05 PM
i guess the moral to this is AV rules the world :p

blown dough
07-18-2006, 08:06 PM
I don't think the Av rules anything, maybe Baker, Ca.

J540
07-18-2006, 08:10 PM
You live in the AV apparently, yeah our power has flickered about three times this afternoon. If I have to reset the clocks one more time I'm goin scream
Ours hasn't gon out YET that is.

a catered life
07-18-2006, 08:10 PM
when i think of baker i see dead people :p

3 daytona`s
07-18-2006, 08:11 PM
That is the positive way to look at it :cool:
Rich just after all the world events lately,I`ve been thru exactly what you are going thru.I`m telling you no matter how mad and stressed you will look back and say not a deal. :)

roostwear
07-18-2006, 08:11 PM
That explains why the wife's flight back from Vegas is delayed an hour. I just LOVE driving into Ontario late to pick her up.

J540
07-18-2006, 08:12 PM
when i think of baker i see dead people :p
Man you sig, has got me hungery, man Olive garden sucked to night.

blown dough
07-18-2006, 08:14 PM
Oh look our own little AV reunion, isn't that special.

a catered life
07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
Man you sig, has got me hungery, man Olive garden sucked to night.
J have you tried the new italian place by famous daves its really good kicks the shit out of the garden

J540
07-18-2006, 08:22 PM
J have you tried the new italian place by famous daves its really good kicks the shit out of the garden
Yes: Johnnie carino's. very good. We like Daves too.

JetBoatRich
07-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Rich just after all the world events lately,I`ve been thru exactly what you are going thru.I`m telling you no matter how mad and stressed you will look back and say not a deal. :)
The flights had no impact on me tonight :rolleyes: you must be referring to other things going on :rolleyes:
and you are right, it is not so bad :cool: considering

Riverkid
07-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I spent a lot of time in years past at many of the SW ARTCC's, building up some rather large DC power backup systems. MCI was also at that time linking them all up via fiber for redundancy. Couple the DC backup with the huge generators located at these sites, and I wonder why they even felt such a problem.
Nothing like pulling a job in a building with a bunch of bored FAA engineer types... :rolleyes:

JetBoatRich
07-18-2006, 08:56 PM
I spent a lot of time in years past at many of the SW ARTCC's, building up some rather large DC power backup systems. MCI was also at that time linking them all up via fiber for redundancy. Couple the DC backup with the huge generators located at these sites, and I wonder why they even felt such a problem.
Nothing like pulling a job in a building with a bunch of bored FAA engineer types... :rolleyes:
It does seem strange an important system like this with no UPS and/or AC back up :mad:

JustMVG
07-18-2006, 09:00 PM
ONT has had a few extra flights in the last hour or so, hope they get the problem fixed i'd hate to be a pax that has to wait in the heat and humidity we gots out here right now.

Trailer Park Casanova
07-18-2006, 09:51 PM
That explains why the wife's flight back from Vegas is delayed an hour. I just LOVE driving into Ontario late to pick her up.
Think Metrolink works pretty good in your situation.

mbrown2
07-18-2006, 10:16 PM
We were only held up 45 min...but it was interesting once we pulled away from the gate to see 20 planes, bumper to bumper, stop and go awaiting take off, and then the flight path was a little funky as they were trying keep away from weather and everything clear of each other as traffic was full into to the entire southland basin...
Any flights that lands on it wheels and comes to a stop normally is a great flight, regardless of delay....thnx for the info.:)

OCMerrill
07-18-2006, 10:21 PM
This facility (Palmdale Center) has backup power. It switched on no problem but according to the news failed about 45min later and thats when the screens went down and the radios also. Planes under their approach control went dark.
The company that installed that backup system...needs to get a lawyer that specializies in Federal issues because I would bet they are going to have a few.

imbndvs
07-19-2006, 05:03 AM
They even shut down Las Vegas because if the power outage in Palmdale.
Strange that power outage in another state can have that affect here in Vegas.

mandshumphries
07-19-2006, 07:39 AM
A good landing is one you can walk away from. A Great Landing is one that allows you to use the airplane again.

chub
07-19-2006, 08:16 AM
This facility (Palmdale Center) has backup power. It switched on no problem but according to the news failed about 45min later and thats when the screens went down and the radios also. Planes under their approach control went dark.
The company that installed that backup system...needs to get a lawyer that specializies in Federal issues because I would bet they are going to have a few.
I disagree, sounds like a maintenance issue to me. I wonder who facility maintenance is?