PDA

View Full Version : Selling cars on ebay?

dimarcobros
07-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Good idea??? Bad Idea?? Pros vs Cons?
thanks,
DMB

gqchris
07-18-2006, 06:07 PM
My personal experience with my own vehicles has kind of been a pain in the @ss! Unless it is a SMOKING deal, people will beat it to death. 75% of the time, the winning bidder backs out with a sob story of some sort, or trys to come back and say you sold him a bum deal etc etc. Boater012 can a-test to this one! :mad: I sell all sorts of stuff on there, but lately, it seems that high dollar items, unless unique, just dont pan out.

RitcheyRch
07-18-2006, 06:10 PM
Best bet is the Recycler or Craigslist.

ratso
07-18-2006, 06:49 PM
I buy a few off of ebay, although most of it seems too high as far as what people are asking. I sell a few boats and have had very good luck in that area. What really gets me is the description some people give for things, especially cars and boats. I've seen some real crap that people describe as excellent. All I can say is that if you are selling, describe it as close as you possibly can, and if you are buying, try to make the trip to look at it first, especially if they have a Buy It Now price that you can live with or if you can make a deal on a figure beforehand. I think one of the stupidest things you can do is buy a car or a boat on ebay without first checking it out first... unless they have a 100% feedback rating like me. :D

Mandelon
07-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I want to buy it. If I give you a check that I made on my home printer, for like $20,000 more than you are asking can you send me the change in cash? :rolleyes:

john
07-18-2006, 06:54 PM
i just put mine on for seven days did not sell still had to pay $48.00 for fees good luck on ur sell

JustDawn
07-18-2006, 08:27 PM
I have sold about 20 cars on E-bay....
Mostly Muscle Cars...It's really been pretty good so far.
As with selling anything,you really have to be very carefull...there are a ton of Shyster's out there.
Feedback is EVERYTHING...If a bidder on one of my cars has 0,I ask them to call me,or I delete the bid.
Every one of my cars has brought a TON more on e-bay than advertising it in newspapers,magazine's etc...
I even sent a 69' Mustang convertable to a buyer in Brazil,deal was kinda wierd but ...check cleared,so it worked out.
If you have any questions about selling on e-bay,call my cell 505-620-7622,Mychal.

coolchange
07-18-2006, 08:42 PM
I've sold bikes on ebay and had good luck in selling and buying. I'm overly hard on my description and hard in my adds like "Your the expert" and "ask questions now, I don't want to hear about it later" If its something the guy around the corner might buy I'd say don't bother with the ebay hassle. If it's something you think a guy in Debuque is just sitting dreaming about getting his hands on then it's worth it. I sold a go kart that I was gonna try and get 200-300$ for and turns out to be some 30 year old special kart that went for $1200 and the guy drove from Washington state to So Cal to pick it up cause he couldn't wait for shipping!