PDA

View Full Version : anyone for b.v.

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-18-2006, 09:23 PM
we will be at buena vista this sat if any one is interested
chuck

Diablo54
07-19-2006, 06:00 AM
Hey Chuck I am going to try and make up that way this weekend just got to get the fuel pump problem fixed then it is on like donkey kong :skull:

daddy b
07-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Outside temperature at BV 107, water temperature 101....just kidding, I grew up going to that lake when the stakes holding up the trees were larger than the trees. It was once the hot boat lake, nothing but v drive and jet boats side by side on the beaches and racing on the backside of the lake. It must look pretty nice now with the trees. Do they still allow loud, fast, boats full of beer? Haven't been there in 20 years. daddy b :rollside:

RitcheyRch
07-19-2006, 07:52 AM
I havent been there in about 10 years either. Planned a trip a few weeks back but ended up at Pyramid since wasnt crowded.

BobbyB
07-19-2006, 12:55 PM
Some friends of ours plan family vacations up there ever year, and seem to love it. So, we all planned a trip and went up last October. We were able to rent a trailer and everything. It wasn't a brand new one, but it was clean and comfortable (the outfit took forever to mail back my cleaning deposit :mad: ). I took the Spectra, and we also had a 25' Laser up there with us. All in all, it was a great trip. The Racoons were out of control the first night (we were one of a dozen groups in the campground), it was very entertaining. You gotta keep it down after midnight, and there are a few knats flying around in the day. It seemed to be a good mix of all types of boats, but the tower boats did out weigh the rest a bit. Definately worth a stay IMO. :idea:

JetBoatRich
07-19-2006, 02:41 PM
Outside temperature at BV 107, water temperature 101....just kidding, I grew up going to that lake when the stakes holding up the trees were larger than the trees. It was once the hot boat lake, nothing but v drive and jet boats side by side on the beaches and racing on the backside of the lake. It must look pretty nice now with the trees. Do they still allow loud, fast, boats full of beer? Haven't been there in 20 years. daddy b :rollside:
The trees have grown up and lots of shade now :cool: the watch the lake a lot closer, along with the camp grounds.
If you look at the water it looks like it has been sitting there for the last 20 years :rolleyes:

Beer-30
07-19-2006, 03:32 PM
They try to keep the water temp down to around 80. The worms don't like it above that. :)

Mrs.Racer277
07-19-2006, 04:57 PM
One of these days we might make it back out there. :)
Just don't touch the water. LOL J/K :rolleyes: :p

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-19-2006, 05:20 PM
although a lot of hot boaters go there, the rangers are most of the time out of control, so you don't even want to get caught speeding (anything over 45) or be tooooo tooooooo loud. they don't really care about the noise that i have seen anyways. the camping is great and you are right, the coons are out of control. last time we camped i heard my ice chest open, looked outside, and the coon had one arm holding the lid, and one arm in the chest just like a human. crazy.
the lake isn't much, but when it's all you have you make the best of it.
we will be at the west end floating, drinking, and listening to every kind of music you can imagine. we have a 27 advantage named " IT'S ONLY MONEY"
blue, yellow, whith purple check. should be out there by about noon or so. stop by and have a cold one if you aren't scared. beer30 might be there too if i can sweet talk him.
chuck

Beer-30
07-19-2006, 06:16 PM
beer30 might be there too if i can sweet talk him.
chuck
Uh, no. I dun tole ya we be headed for Laughlin tomorrow (Thurs) evening. We be out there 'till Monday.

LUVNLIFE
07-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Mostly roll bar boats :yuk: now but a few hot boats still rule the lake :rollside:

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-19-2006, 08:54 PM
you got me. you're right, most hot boats stick out like a turd in the puch bowl. however, the other hot boaters on the water appreciate other hot boaters daring to come to b.v. and look foward to meeting new peeps. so, with that in mind, i will have coors lite and a refreshing vodca drink waiting for those of you who aren't scared. and if there are any miss spelled words it's because of the vodca drinks i'm having now.:)
chuck
Mostly roll bar boats :yuk: now but a few hot boats still rule the lake :rollside:

Mrs Luvnlife
07-20-2006, 06:10 AM
you got me. you're right, most hot boats stick out like a turd in the puch bowl. however, the other hot boaters on the water appreciate other hot boaters daring to come to b.v. and look foward to meeting new peeps. so, with that in mind, i will have coors lite and a refreshing vodca drink waiting for those of you who aren't scared. and if there are any miss spelled words it's because of the vodca drinks i'm having now.:)chuck
LOL!!
Refreshing vodka drink :)....I'm not scared :p . Don't think we'll make it this weekend :( , but look forward to meeting you out there one of these days soon.
The coons are crazy there. We went in the winter a couple years ago and it was like a battle between the 'coons on THIS side of the grounds' and the 'coons on THAT side of the grounds' :argue: ....you could hear them getting pissed---it was so funny, they were all over the place.
All in all I like BV, not the water so much, but the campgrounds are nice and big, right on the water and even the day beach area is nice and roomy. I like too that the sea-dooers have their own little lock up area (except for the few that stray now and then :hammer2: ). I coulda done away with more than a handful of them last weekend at Naci :mad: .
Have fun @ BV....if something changes, we may be out there :) .

Beer-30
07-20-2006, 06:15 AM
Be careful there, Luvnlifes. IT'SONLYMONEY is a closet cat-lover. He may just hi-jack your boat if you get too close.

Mrs Luvnlife
07-20-2006, 06:24 AM
Be careful there, Luvnlifes. IT'SONLYMONEY is a closet cat-lover. He may just hi-jack your boat if you get too close.
:D :D
I'll get my beverage and leave as quick as I can :p .
BTW--It was nice meeting you out there a while back :) .

Beer-30
07-20-2006, 08:43 AM
:D :D
I'll get my beverage and leave as quick as I can :p .
BTW--It was nice meeting you out there a while back :) .
Good idea.
Hey, same here. Thanks for coming to our mudhole and helping us keep it stirred up. :eek:

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-20-2006, 09:31 AM
that was our little secret, have fun on the river and be safe.
chuck

78 challenger
07-21-2006, 06:58 AM
Buena is a nasty little mud hole. If you have any open wounds stay out of the water. With that being said I have had more great trips to Buena than any other place, and I have no idea why that is. I was there last saturday the water is very warm right now and had a great time. Took my challenger and a few boats down on the shore a guy had my boats twin, it was kinda cool.
Have fun

JetBoatRich
07-21-2006, 07:56 AM
LOL!!
The coons are crazy there. We went in the winter a couple years ago and it was like a battle between the 'coons on THIS side of the grounds' and the 'coons on THAT side of the grounds' :argue: ....you could hear them getting pissed---it was so funny, they were all over the place.
:) .
That is part of the Night Show at BV :cool:

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-21-2006, 11:58 AM
we were there as well. on the west side in the float area, i had a red and white 21' malibu tied up on us. we should be out there tomorrow no later than 1, see you there
chuck
Buena is a nasty little mud hole. If you have any open wounds stay out of the water. With that being said I have had more great trips to Buena than any other place, and I have no idea why that is. I was there last saturday the water is very warm right now and had a great time. Took my challenger and a few boats down on the shore a guy had my boats twin, it was kinda cool.
Have fun

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-23-2006, 12:45 PM
well we were at b.v. all day sat but didn't see anyone from the boards.
crazy weather, it blew, rained, and was hot ass hell all day. crazy.
anyways, hope every one had a good weekend
later
chuck

Diablo54
07-23-2006, 04:11 PM
I was trying to get there this weekend IT'SONLYMONEY but the new parts did not come in till Sat. Hopefully I can get them in tonight test it out on friday at Isabella and get to B.V this next weekend without any problems :mad: . Glad you had a good time though. ooo Ya save a coooooorrsssss light for me that is some good beer :)

IT'SONLYMONEY
07-24-2006, 02:56 PM
just come by and say hi and i'll handle the coors light need.
later
chuck