PDA

View Full Version : Scuba this weekend in Havasu.

KACHINA KEN
07-19-2006, 09:38 AM
If we can get some folks together ( around 3 ) for this weekend i will get a dive boat chartered for us to go check out a couple of wrecks and some cool topography. I would like to go Sat AM probably for 3 tanks total, anyone else?

Chipster27
07-19-2006, 09:41 AM
Not heading out this weekend, but often wondered about diving in Havasu. What's the vis?
How deep do you go?
Every spent time in the coves picking up all the stuff fallen overboard?
What's the coolest thing you have found?
Is there a stong current?

KACHINA KEN
07-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Not heading out this weekend, but often wondered about diving in Havasu. What's the vis?
How deep do you go?
Every spent time in the coves picking up all the stuff fallen overboard?
What's the coolest thing you have found?
Is there a stong current?
I've never dove it but I think vis past the damn down by Havasu Springs is really good, there are some rocks to the far right of the Springs inlet I really want to kick around. I am told all around that vis is not too bad.

Sherpa
07-19-2006, 10:00 AM
that sounds like alot of fun..... you wearing a 5 mil suit-? I'd think anywhere
near the damn it'd be cold......... Monterey was 53 degrees last saturday....
--I wish I hadn't blown my eardrum on a quick-descent........ damn it.,
--Sherpa
my 1st Ling Cod made up for it though........ :)

KACHINA KEN
07-19-2006, 10:03 AM
that sounds like alot of fun..... you wearing a 5 mil suit-? I'd think anywhere
near the damn it'd be cold......... Monterey was 53 degrees last saturday....
--I wish I hadn't blown my eardrum on a quick-descent........ damn it.,
--Sherpa
my 1st Ling Cod made up for it though........ :)
5 will be fine,I have a 7/5 Henderson that I may use.

shockwavebd
07-19-2006, 10:05 AM
Can you look for my new sunglasses I lost at the ultra regatta........ :cool:

KACHINA KEN
07-19-2006, 10:07 AM
Can you look for my new sunglasses I lost at the ultra regatta........ :cool:
Salvage fees will apply :) good thing is I will work for beer and steak.

Water Romper
07-19-2006, 12:05 PM
This sounds totally fun!!! :)
To bad I don’t dive anymore. : :cry:
There were some posts running around here about a month or so ago from H/B peeps that have found stuff and dove in some interesting dive sites. They said there are downed airplanes, jeeps and caves plus boat wreckage and probably just some good ol’ creepy stuff too :eek: …I think there are catfish that are supposed to be over 5 feet long too… :2purples:
Take pictures if you can and post… :rollside:

KACHINA KEN
07-19-2006, 12:11 PM
This sounds totally fun!!! :)
…I think there are catfish that are supposed to be over 5 feet long too… :2purples:
Take pictures if you can and post… :rollside:
Good I'm hungry.
Doesn't look like it's going to happen, no one is say they want in.

Water Romper
07-19-2006, 12:16 PM
I would think there is a local dive club in Havi...maybe you could hit up one of them as a "buddy"

slcbaker
07-19-2006, 01:01 PM
Years ago when I was at Crazy Horse camping, I.E melting my ass off was just tooling around snorkiling and found 2 tens and a twenty just drifting under water. grabed them and just keep cruzing around. My guess is that the feel out of some dudes trunks. Never the less always wanted to dive that place and just recycle all the empty beer cans.

SoCalSouthpaw
07-19-2006, 03:57 PM
Liverpool Landing - Underwater City
Depth: 50 - 60 feet
Visibility: 10 - 40 feet
Current: 2 - 6 Knots
Skill level: Master - Advanced Navigation - Penetration
Position you boat so that the red beacon at site five is at a bearing of 000 (North) and the furthest white chock cliff to the south is at a bearing of 180. Then position your boat so that you are in the middle of these to points. Underwater, look for the river rock beds (where the old river used to be, before they filled up the lake). Run the river bed East and/or West until you find the river dock (a man-powered ferry for horses). Follow the river dock East, on a bearing of 090, until you run into the Saloon. Look for bar stools! Run north on the front side of the saloon. The next building is the Blacksmith's shop! Look for the anvil - Please leave it there!! The next building, running north, is the livery stable. Look for the fenced stables and horse troughs. Next, still running north is the Hotel. 2 stories - the first being another saloon and the second being the hotel. There is a mirror in the third bedroom. WARNING!! Extremely bad Mojo, and bad luck to anyone who disturbs this site or takes anything from it. Please leave it there!! Look but don't take anything!! Also, if you are planning to penetrate the buildings - DO IT RIGHT!! Safety divers, ropes, wreck reels, dive lights, the whole nine yards!!

LunaticFringe
07-19-2006, 06:04 PM
[
The next building is the Blacksmith's shop! Look for the anvil - Please leave it there!! !
I consider that diver code. Any anvils I come across I leave.

lilrick
07-19-2006, 07:32 PM
this sounds like fun.

ultra27jay
07-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Good I'm hungry.
Doesn't look like it's going to happen, no one is say they want in.
i would dive with u. but this weekend i will be in lauglin. how about in the near Future i would love to explore the bottom side of havasu.so lets set it up soon.....