PDA

View Full Version : Nautical Inn Condos?

djunkie
07-19-2006, 01:09 PM
A friend of mine told me that they converted part of the Nautical into condos or something and they are for sale. Any info on this? I'm not really interested but I told him I'd look into it since he is. I know there has been some rumors with things going on with the Nautical so I just wanna make sure so he doesn't get screwed on the deal.

BajaMike
07-19-2006, 01:16 PM
A friend of mine told me that they converted part of the Nautical into condos or something and they are for sale. Any info on this? I'm not really interested but I told him I'd look into it since he is. I know there has been some rumors with things going on with the Nautical so I just wanna make sure so he doesn't get screwed on the deal.
They've been selling time shares there for years....is that what you are talking about??:confused:
:idea:

Havasu_Dreamin
07-19-2006, 01:27 PM
Timeshares, not condos.

djunkie
07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
They've been selling time shares there for years....is that what you are talking about??:confused:
He said actual condo's. As in you own them. I asked him the same thing about the time shares but he swore it wasn't. I am vwery skeptical about it cause I haven't heard anything. He doesn't know much about Havasu other than hes been there a couple times. He's a little hard headed so I want to get some good hard evidence so he doesn't get screwed.

heywood jablome
07-19-2006, 01:45 PM
they have a "first cabin club" deal, but its a timeshare
http://www.firstcabinclub.com/

Havasu_Dreamin
07-19-2006, 01:45 PM
I want to get some good hard evidence so he doesn't get screwed.
First Cabin Club (http://www.firstcabinclub.com/fcc/benefits.php) at the Nautical Inn. Timeshares.

mbrown2
07-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Nope...buddy of mine just bought one of the condos on the beach (not cove) for approximately 160K....not a timeshare...Pretty much like a hotel room...but for a 160K to avoid launch ramps and leave boat overnight...not a bad thing....just like the fact I get to use it...:)

djunkie
07-19-2006, 01:48 PM
What about the Nautical Inn estates? Just poking around and found this.
http://www.havasuvacationrentals.com/?CRI
http://www.coloradoriverinfo.com/lakehavasucity/hotels.shtml

djunkie
07-19-2006, 01:49 PM
Nope...buddy of mine just bought one of the condos on the beach (not cove) for approximately 160K....not a timeshare...Pretty much like a hotel room...but for a 160K to avoid launch ramps and leave boat overnight...not a bad thing....just like the fact I get to use it...:)
Thats what he said. Around $160k. Is it the old hotel rooms that they remodeled or something?

ChumpChange
07-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Please let us know about this. When you say hotel room, I take it that it does not have a kitchen then?

spectras only
07-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Friend of mine has one [ first cabin club ] in Penticton for 15 yrs or so .Timeshare or not , he's getting the proceeds from the sale when he's done :) . He paid somewhere around a 100K for it , used it religiously and it's for sale now well over 250 K . He made an income of it every year , cause it's booked steady . It's right next to the beach , so very popular , like the Nautical I guess .

mbrown2
07-19-2006, 02:03 PM
Thats what he said. Around $160k. Is it the old hotel rooms that they remodeled or something?
Yep, beach front rooms that were rebuilt from ground up...

mbrown2
07-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Please let us know about this. When you say hotel room, I take it that it does not have a kitchen then?
Correct...think Microwave, Sink and Small Fridge...but don't quote....pretty sure what he told me.
Not the Nautical Estates which are at the turn into the Nautical...these are the Beachfront rooms on the South side of the Turtle...not the older cove rooms...
Plans are to redo the cove rooms and offer them for $$$...and then folks that own the current condo's will get first dibs....lots of plans to turn it more into private ownership as opposed to the hotel as it is now...
Don't have anymore info, but if I do, I will forward...

djunkie
07-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Correct...think Microwave, Sink and Small Fridge...but don't quote....pretty sure what he told me.
Not the Nautical Estates which are at the turn into the Nautical...these are the Beachfront rooms on the South side of the Turtle...not the older cove rooms...
Plans are to redo the cove rooms and offer them for $$$...and then folks that own the current condo's will get first dibs....lots of plans to turn it more into private ownership as opposed to the hotel as it is now...
Don't have anymore info, but if I do, I will forward...
Ok 1 more question if you don't mind? If my friend bought one of these places would he get to use the launch ramp there and is there a way I'd be able to mooch those privelages without showing proof that I own one? Like a pass that he would have or something?

mbrown2
07-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Ok 1 more question if you don't mind? If my friend bought one of these places would he get to use the launch ramp there and is there a way I'd be able to mooch those privelages without showing proof that I own one? Like a pass that he would have or something?
Yes on the launch ramp and but as far as you wanting to steal ramp time because your buddy has a place, I can't really comment on that...:)

djunkie
07-19-2006, 02:34 PM
Yes on the launch ramp and but as far as you wanting to steal ramp time because your buddy has a place, I can't really comment on that...:)
You could PM me with the details later and I swear I won't say a word. :rollside: :rollside:

mbrown2
07-19-2006, 02:35 PM
You could PM me with the details later and I swear I won't say a word. :rollside: :rollside:
I was joking, I will try and get some info...

djunkie
07-19-2006, 02:38 PM
I was joking, I will try and get some info...
I knew you were. Thanks. :rollside:

BajaMike
07-19-2006, 02:54 PM
Something fishy here....why would they sell a condo for $160k when they are selling individual weeks for $12k??
Did he get to buy a piece of the London Bridge too???
Sorry to be cynical, but it just doesn't make sense....:confused:

mbrown2
07-19-2006, 02:59 PM
Something fishy here....why would they sell a condo for $160k when they are selling individual weeks for $12k??
Yes, he bought the north side lower level bricks labeled 5001-6739....:)
If you doubt it, then call the Nautical and get informed....don't try and bash the messenger, I am only relaying what was told to me...:)

djunkie
07-19-2006, 03:00 PM
My buddy found out from another guy who just for 4 supposedly. I know its a he said/she said story but thats why I'm trying to find out.

BajaMike
07-19-2006, 03:13 PM
Yes, he bought the north side lower level bricks labeled 5001-6739....:)
If you doubt it, then call the Nautical and get informed....don't try and bash the messenger, I am only relaying what was told to me...:)
Yea...those are good bricks:D:D
I'm not bashing...just curious. I don't think calling the Nautical will help, the time shares have always been a separate organization, but if I have time I will call and see what they say.
:rollside:

WHIPPED502
07-19-2006, 07:49 PM
They are selling two of the three newer buildings. The south building is still timeshares. They are hotel units with refridgerator and microwave. They said they are going to go through the rooms and upgrade them. They are about $150,000, $7000 a year maintenance fee's. The nautical will rent them out for you. It is a 60%/40% split on the rental. They get 60%. It will cost you $55 a night for you to use your own unit. They say they are putting in a new launch ramp this winter. The plan is to build 2 and 3 bdr. condos in the cove.

Coveman
07-19-2006, 08:41 PM
Keep in mind that you don't own the land it is leased till 2055.

Troy McClure
07-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Yes, he bought the north side lower level bricks labeled 5001-6739....:
NO WAY THAT COULD BE!!! I just bought those same bricks! Your buddy might want to check his title again!! :220v:

dannyo
07-19-2006, 10:17 PM
www.newhavasu.com
They are saying they are condos but there is no kitchen. I got all the information and decided it wasn't for me. Too many issues and Condo-hotel concept is too new. No one I asked could tell me about it.