CPdream'n
07-19-2006, 04:38 PM
I have a 19 foot CP w/ a fresh 468.

MudPumper
07-19-2006, 04:56 PM
I wouldn't. Keep the single carb.

Taylorman
07-19-2006, 05:09 PM
More info on the engine would be nice but i second that to keep the single carb.

Ken F
07-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Yep, set up with the proper carb & manifold you will get equal or better HP from a single 4 on a single plane manifold. (and about half the GPH)
Ken F

CPdream'n
07-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Okay. I would like a high rise. what is a good high rise for a single carb?

Cs19
07-19-2006, 09:11 PM
Dart or Edelbrock tunnel ram for duals. Dont get a Weiand.

YeLLowBoaT
07-19-2006, 09:17 PM
If you do go with duels carbs. I suggest going with smaller cfm, vacuim 2nd carbs( index together). Alot less adjustment probs and will save you on gas vs larger carbs.
E brock makes some nice intakes. you really can't go wrong with any of them.

steelcomp
07-19-2006, 09:24 PM
Dart or Edelbrock tunnel ram for duals. Dont get a Weiand.
Depends on the motor. Even the Edelbrock rect port TR is too big for most apps. The Weiand Super Pro Ram (the one they don't make any more) is a good intake for 600-650 hp motors. I ran one on my 467 with no issues. If you're running oval ports, the Edelbrock Street TR is a great intake if you want dual carbs.
Lets face it...there's NOTHING practical about having a hot boat, so throw that out the window. Nothing as cool as a dual carb set-up for NA, and there's no reason you can't have a trouble free set up. Gas consumption is just a function of foot pressure. :rollside:

CPdream'n
07-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Does anyone know of a web sight where I can look up high rise manifolds. Dart or Eldelbrok?

Cs19
07-19-2006, 09:35 PM
Depends on the motor. Even the Edelbrock rect port TR is too big for most apps. The Weiand Super Pro Ram (the one they don't make any more) is a good intake for 600-650 hp motors. I ran one on my 467 with no issues. If you're running oval ports, the Edelbrock Street TR is a great intake if you want dual carbs.
Lets face it...there's NOTHING practical about having a hot boat, so throw that out the window. Nothing as cool as a dual carb set-up for NA, and there's no reason you can't have a trouble free set up. Gas consumption is just a function of foot pressure. :rollside:
Ah come on, the average hotrod jetboat motor these days is pretty radical, Im sure most of them can handle an edelbrock manifold.Anyways some of those weiands are a real eye sore and look way too old school, I personally like the Dart and Edelbrock style manifold.
I agree, dual carbs on a bad ass tunnel ram is the best looking combo out there.

steelcomp
07-19-2006, 10:02 PM
Ah come on, the average hotrod jetboat motor these days is pretty radical, Im sure most of them can handle an edelbrock manifold.Anyways some of those weiands are a real eye sore and look way too old school, I personally like the Dart and Edelbrock style manifold.
I agree, dual carbs on a bad ass tunnel ram is the best looking combo out there.
So much to learn...so littel time. :D

pattymelt18
07-19-2006, 10:11 PM
it all depends on what youre looking 4 youre application, thats foryou and youre engine builder to decide. cs makes a good point and so does steel we personally used all three plus sheetmetals and basically it all comes down to what you are doing with it. and how much cha ching, bling bling you want to spend too.

Scoobinator
07-20-2006, 02:06 AM
Being single carb. gets no respect but when one passes dual carb there just all show and no go.

CPdream'n
07-20-2006, 11:55 AM
What about Hogan's? Do they make a good single carb manifold?

wickedfab
07-20-2006, 11:58 AM
what motor?? i have a offy single carb ram chev oval port...for cheap...

HBjet
07-20-2006, 12:10 PM
Since when did jet boating and saving gas come together? If you want to save gas, get a row boat!!! If the gas consumption of dual carbs verses a single is too much to justify and would prevent you from using the boat as much, then I think you might have bigger problems!!!
I say go for dual carbs, bottom line they look cooler :)
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/20TRbling.jpg
then a single carb with some big ass fiberglass scoop on top (Sorry CS, but I think you would agree)
HBjet

Taylorman
07-20-2006, 12:43 PM
I have to agree with HB on the bling factor, they do look cool. However, i love the way my current single carb setup runs. Dominator carbs are the shit.
Randy, i don't think you can link pictures to Webshots, i never could make them work with webshots. I use photobucket now, it puts the link with the already on it below the picture.
http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b334/vidrinek/

Cs19
07-20-2006, 06:19 PM
then a single carb with some big ass fiberglass scoop on top (Sorry CS, but I think you would agree)
HBjet
I do agree, tunnel rams are the best looking set up for a jetboat..I do enjoy having a single now though cause the throttle pedal is sooo much easier to push than it was with those duals.
Im not warren johnson or darren morgan so dont flame me steelcomp but I think dart makes some nice manifolds for a single
Later.

UBFJ #454
07-20-2006, 06:32 PM
No piece of equipment should go on a Motor unless it's suppose to Accomplish Something!
You want Spend Bling ... Go to a (.) (.) Bar and open up your Wallets ... Get a 'Lap' Dance or two ... It'll be Far Cheeper in the long run.
Just an 'Old Man's Comment'.

DEL51
07-20-2006, 06:33 PM
I have seen the old team G dom flange look nice and perform well on an old LS6. Remeber holley's strip dominator.The newer styles increased the port dividers and rounded them into the base of the plenum. What about the brodix, don't they make a nice single plane? T/R's are way cool.I would like to see comparison on power.

steelcomp
07-20-2006, 07:52 PM
I do agree, tunnel rams are the best looking set up for a jetboat..I do enjoy having a single now though cause the throttle pedal is sooo much easier to push than it was with those duals.
Im not warren johnson or darren morgan so dont flame me steelcomp but I think dart makes some nice manifolds for a single
Later.
LOL...just givin ya a hard time bud. :D Dart makes the best intakes on the market, IMO, both TR and singles, but their big block intakes are mostly for larger cube, higher RPM motors, and not very well suited for something like a 468 in a jet. That's why I didn't use one on my 467, and went with the Edelbrock instead. Even that's a little big for my motor, but I knew how to make up for it, where most guys don't. Intakes need to match the application, just like every other part. It's not uncommon for someone to bolt on an intake that his "buddy" runs, only to find it dosen't work for shit in his own app. It's all about the combination, not just one "cool" part. I expect that you know that, though.
Be seein ya soon...very soon. :D

Cs19
07-20-2006, 08:05 PM
Be seein ya soon...very soon. :D
ya ya been hearing that for months.

steelcomp
07-20-2006, 08:09 PM
ya ya been hearing that for months.Ouch!~

Cs19
07-20-2006, 08:28 PM
when will it be running Steel? i havent had an update in a while.

pce680
07-20-2006, 08:43 PM
What manifold do you guys recomend.
A Weiand "Hole Shot" Tunnel Ram works excellent on a jet boat motor with 660"s,750's or 1050's.I see them all the time at swapmeets.The only other manifold that wiil work well is the Dart but its alot more money.

steelcomp
07-20-2006, 08:59 PM
when will it be running Steel? i havent had an update in a while.
F#@k, who knows. Every time I say two more weeks, I run into a 6 week project. :notam:
Hopefully, only a couple more weeks. Everything's bought, upholstered, painted, polished...boat's back on the trailer and I'm setting the pump this weekend and maybe the motor. I'm guessing early-mid Aug.

TopCat
07-20-2006, 09:10 PM
No piece of equipment should go on a Motor unless it's suppose to Accomplish Something!
You want Spend Bling ... Go to a (.) (.) Bar and open up your Wallets ... Get a 'Lap' Dance or two ... It'll be Far Cheeper in the long run.
Just an 'Old Man's Comment'. The voice of reason :cool:

TopCat
07-20-2006, 09:14 PM
[QUOTE=HBjet]Since when did jet boating and saving gas come together? If you want to save gas, get a row boat!!! If the gas consumption of dual carbs verses a single is too much to justify and would prevent you from using the boat as much, then I think you might have bigger problems!!!
ARE YOU BLONDE?

MikeF
07-20-2006, 09:26 PM
[QUOTE=HBjet]Since when did jet boating and saving gas come together? If you want to save gas, get a row boat!!! If the gas consumption of dual carbs verses a single is too much to justify and would prevent you from using the boat as much, then I think you might have bigger problems!!!
ARE YOU BLONDE?
Apparently the guy that can't quote correctly is. :)

MACHINEHEAD
07-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Having two carbs means you will use more fuel? Please tell me most of you guys dont really think that! A cool, mild combo would be a edel. street TR W/ Holley 6109 750s in-line. Cheap, cool and looks good and runs killer :boxed:

MikeF
07-20-2006, 09:42 PM
Having two carbs means you will use more fuel? Please tell me most of you guys dont really think that! A cool,
2 accellerator pumps.....vs......4 accellerator pumps.......lots of in and out of the throttle......math is pretty simple. :rollside: :cool:

MikeF
07-20-2006, 09:58 PM
It looks cooler.....WTF kinda reason is that for a performance motor :rolleyes:
Have you seen SOFAKINGSMOOTH'S engine?
Granted, you have a valid point, but ***boatS of the olddays (oldskool) were more about being new and bitchen w/ what parts were available at that time. Now the parts are way more bitchen....and work better.
That, and Randy is having fun with the bro's. :cool:

W.O.T
07-20-2006, 10:03 PM
i love my dual carbs and yes they use more gas and the bling factor is sweet. depends on what you want to do performance or some sort of economy
http://myspace-050.vo.llnwd.net/00907/05/07/907597050_l.jpg

steelcomp
07-21-2006, 06:08 AM
Glad you posted that pic...here's the other Weiand that I was talking about. I think this is the one that PCE680 was also referring to.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1729weiandtr.jpg

pce680
07-21-2006, 12:42 PM
Glad you posted that pic...here's the other Weiand that I was talking about. I think this is the one that PCE680 was also referring to.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1729weiandtr.jpg
Yea...Thats the Weiand manifold I was refering to ,it works well in on a jet boat.

Cs19
07-21-2006, 12:53 PM
It looks cooler.....WTF kinda reason is that for a performance motor :rolleyes:
We are just making conversation. None of the guys I race or go to the river build their motors for looks we are all about performance.. This was a conversation about the styling of a classic hotrod jetboat motor and yes there are people out there that do care more about styling or looks than performance.For a true perfomance guy those people can be hard to relate to but they are out there. Not everyone is trying to break a record, some people just want to be on the water in a nice,clean jet WITH A TUNNELRAM because thats what they like.

djdtpr
07-21-2006, 01:47 PM
So if it ain't fast....chrome it
Thats my theory!Man do i have alot of chrome too. :rollside:

djdtpr
07-21-2006, 01:48 PM
We are just making conversation. None of the guys I race or go to the river build their motors for looks we are all about performance.. This was a conversation about the styling of a classic hotrod jetboat motor and yes there are people out there that do care more about styling or looks than performance.For a true perfomance guy those people can be hard to relate to but they are out there. Not everyone is trying to break a record, some people just want to be on the water in a nice,clean jet WITH A TUNNELRAM because thats what they like.
Holy schiat i almost fell out of my seat reading this.

Nucking futs
07-21-2006, 04:03 PM
I built this engine with a tunnelram in mind and matched everything the best that we could and im real happy with it as far as performance goes, but it drinks the gas like no end. I am going to be putting a victor jr. with a flowed 850 to try and get more bottom and mid range.If it does'nt perorm the way it does now the T ram set up will go back on.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1638100_0377.JPG

steelcomp
07-21-2006, 04:19 PM
I built this one purely for looks...it just happened to work pretty well. :D
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/1729done2.jpg

UBFJ #454
07-21-2006, 05:47 PM
Scott -
Is your Intake Drilled to accept the MPD Pattern of Shims & Shoes? Will your boats nozzle accept the Place Nozzle Inserts? I am assuming the Loader Pattern is the Standard one?

steelcomp
07-21-2006, 07:32 PM
Scott -
Is your Intake Drilled to accept the MPD Pattern of Shims & Shoes? Will your boats nozzle accept the Place Nozzle Inserts? I am assuming the Loader Pattern is the Standard one?
Sorry Jak...this intake is drilled for Holley Dominators, and since it's carb'd, there aren't any nozzles. :p
What's a loader? :D :notam: :D
sent you a PM.

Carnivalride
07-21-2006, 08:21 PM
Hey nice looking garage ornament, too bad its not in a boat! :D :D :D

steelcomp
07-21-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey nice looking garage ornament, too bad its not in a boat! :D :D :DLOL...yeah, I'm getting pretty tired of walking around it. I'm thinking about moving it into the living room...putting a glass top on it.
Wadayathink? :notam:

Nucking futs
07-22-2006, 06:29 AM
Great Scott, but mine has seen the water and looks good too..... :crossx:

steelcomp
07-22-2006, 08:47 AM
Great Scott, but mine has seen the water and looks good too..... :crossx:Yeah, yeah...I'm gettin no slack here, am I??
OK...out to the garage. "tongue"