PDA

View Full Version : Planning for a new motor.

Danhercules
07-19-2006, 06:58 PM
Now that I got the perfect boat for me, now I need to build the perfect motor, ok ok, engine.
I want about 700 to 750 hp. That should get my TPR 21 tunnel deck to about 75 or 80. My boat is heavy. I would like somthing that I dont have to adjust valves or anything like that. Can this be done and how?
Now, witch way do I go? Build a big moster blower motor and run it low PSI to keep thing together? Run a 500+ ci naturally asperated (sp)? Go twin turbos? I wanna put a lot of low RPM hrs on it. Lots of crusing.
Next thing is how much is this gonna cost? I wanna keep it under 10k. Can this be done?
I have a gen 6 454 mag in there now. She is about 400 hp. I am spinnin 4900 RPM. Do I keep this block and build it up? I know nothing about chevys, and just a little about Fords. I kinda wanna switch it to a Ford just cause I know a little aobut them. The whole gen 4-6 thing really confuses me.
What ya all thing? I wanna hear your ideas.

Blown 472
07-19-2006, 07:26 PM
Single four blow thru dealio with a cintrifugal supercharger. Hot rod took a crate motta a few years ago and did that and made a shitload of power with it.
http://www.stevemorrisracingengines.com/engine-pictures.html

dmontzsta
07-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Have High Flow Dynamics build you a big inch naturally aspirated Ford. I am sure Paul could come up with a nice 700+hp motor, pretty easily. My 429 is going to be a little below that and ran on av gas. Paul is the man, but you already knew that! :D

GofastRacer
07-19-2006, 07:46 PM
What's the saying "how fast you want to go, how much you want to spend" :D :D

502 JET
07-20-2006, 04:34 AM
Take a look in the spam section the thread twin turbo gale banks info for a smoking deal on a pair of engines there is a link to an ebay auction.I would put a link up but I cant figure out how to on this IMAC.

Flip
07-20-2006, 05:16 AM
Take a look in the spam section the thread twin turbo gale banks info for a smoking deal on a pair of engines there is a link to an ebay auction.I would put a link up but I cant figure out how to on this IMAC.
Click me! (http://***boat.net/forums/showthread.php?t=121771)

cstraub
07-20-2006, 06:29 AM
Now that I got the perfect boat for me, now I need to build the perfect motor, ok ok, engine.
I want about 700 to 750 hp. That should get my TPR 21 tunnel deck to about 75 or 80. My boat is heavy. I would like somthing that I dont have to adjust valves or anything like that. Can this be done and how?
Now, witch way do I go? Build a big moster blower motor and run it low PSI to keep thing together? Run a 500+ ci naturally asperated (sp)? Go twin turbos? I wanna put a lot of low RPM hrs on it. Lots of crusing.
Next thing is how much is this gonna cost? I wanna keep it under 10k. Can this be done?
I have a gen 6 454 mag in there now. She is about 400 hp. I am spinnin 4900 RPM. Do I keep this block and build it up? I know nothing about chevys, and just a little about Fords. I kinda wanna switch it to a Ford just cause I know a little aobut them. The whole gen 4-6 thing really confuses me.
What ya all thing? I wanna hear your ideas.
I know where there is a complete long block, heads assembled but not bolted down on a 605CID platform for $8500. Now it is 13 to 1 engine, you could take the pistons out put in some dish pistons, remove the solid roller and put in a mild hyd roller and you could easily have 700 HP on pump gas turning no more then 5400 rpm.