PDA

View Full Version : WFA at the Forum and PPV Saturday night

moneypit
07-20-2006, 11:10 AM
Dont miss this fight!! Bas Rutten is a patient of mine. One of the greatest of all time and a truly a nice guy. If you know MMA you know this is a great card!
Bas "El Guapo" Rutten Vs.Kimo
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson Vs.Matt "The Law" Lindland
Ryoto "Lyoto" Machida Vs. Veron "Tiger" White
Jason "Mayhem" Miller Vs. Lodune "The Vanilla Gorilla" Sincaid
Ivan Salaverry Vs.Art Santore
Ron Waterman Vs.Ricco "Suave" Rodriguez
Harris Sarmiento Vs. "Razor" Rob McCullough
Marvin EastmanVs.Jorge Oliveira
Jose "Pele" Landi Vs. Edwin Aguilar
Adam Arredondo Vs.Antonio McKee
WFA: King of the Streets
Saturday, July 22, 2006
The Forum, Los Angeles, CA
The World Fighting Alliance actually started as the brainchild of MMA/jiu-jitsu fighter John Lewis and Las Vegas nightclub entrepreneur John Huntington back in November 2001. But Vegas is a tough town and the promotion had its third and final show in November 2002. Now headed by Jeremy Lappen, the WFA has been resurrected with a live debut at the Los Angeles Forum which will be broadcast on US pay per view.
The “WFA: King of the Streets” show (a title that surely has Marco Ruas grinning) features the return of Bas Rutten. That in itself has got the whole martial arts world buzzing. And having Quinton “Rampage” Jackson co-headlining is a well-placed move to get the charming yet destructive jokester in front of the masses here in the states. The undercard is filled with dynamite matches with some wild characters, all who can really deliver. I can’t remember a first time event that has had such a stellar and fascinating lineup.

al cole'holic
07-20-2006, 11:21 AM
...California has opened the gates! Looks to be a good show with a huge card!! :)

RUSHIN ROULETTE
07-20-2006, 12:34 PM
I had the pleasure of meeting "Rampage" up in Big Bear 2 weeks ago. He was there along with some other fighters training for this event. Super nice guy, met him and his whole family. My wife and I are huge MMA fans so this was pretty cool. Should be a good fight night!!!

GrapeApe
07-20-2006, 07:57 PM
CONFIRMED... The Bas Rutten - KIMO fight is off... KIMO failed a drug Test (Steroids)!! Wes Simms may Sub in to fight Bas, or the fight will be off all together.. :argue: F**king KIMO.. Thats why he is no longer in the UFC. He failed a Drug Test after his fight with Shamrock..
*** Grape Ape ***

moneypit
07-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I just read that. Kimo has failed a steroid test before. Oh well Bas will have to change his game plan. Wes was training for another fight and he will be n good shape. This should still be a good one.

core attitude
07-20-2006, 09:37 PM
Already ordered it..........it should make up for the $$ I spent on the last UFC PPV. :mad: